Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not just ammo.  Everybody wants to be a capitalist until it's time to do capitalist shit.

I call the phenomenon Laissez-faire-weather economics.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whenever the topic of ammo and gun prices come up. Half of arfcom suddenly becomes communists.

It's not just ammo.  Everybody wants to be a capitalist until it's time to do capitalist shit.

I call the phenomenon Laissez-faire-weather economics.  

That's perfect. Seriously - that's the perfect way to put it!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fuck Russia. PSA needs to get on the 7.62 and 5.45.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm going to buy ammo from him and then throw it in the trash
View Quote

Good morning fellow AK shooter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He's always saying the sky is falling, maybe it is.

If you didn't stack it deep when it was around two hundred a case, or cheaper, you get what you deserve.
View Quote

FOMO

Again even if you have 50k+ stocked piled and shoot only a case or 2 a year then I understand the "should have" arguments but most of you guys can't possibly shoot much.

Honestly what really needs to come down is pistol ammo. It's damn near rifle cartridge prices and a case of 9 goes way faster than a case of x39, 556, or 308 for me and I like rifle shooting better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good morning fellow AK shooter.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe some should email SGammo links to all the other stores with Russian ammo in stock so he can neck beard it. lol

7.62x39 1000rds @ $314.48
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or just let me know and we can shoot it through my trash can gun.  

That’s pretty much the same thing, right?

I don’t believe in price gouging, but I am also aware there is such a thing as “optics”.  

It seems SG ammo was set up so that only a portion of inventory would show in stock at any time. I would just have toggled some feature and allowed whatever was being showed as in stock to sell out and then not replenish.

I have no dog in this fight. I haven’t purchased from SGM in years, not because I was ever angry at any sort of “price gouging”, just they were no longer competitive on most and then basically all of their prices.

I feel like Sam’s business model may not be viable soon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did Wolf Gold ever start to show back up. I know it was Taiwanese ammo.and good stuff for blasting.
View Quote

Yes, it's back in stock at TSUSA for .48/rd (.44/rd with membership).  Not bad in todays market.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don’t believe in price gouging, but I am also aware there is such a thing as “optics”.  

It seems SG ammo was set up so that only a portion of inventory would show in stock at any time. I would just have toggled some feature and allowed whatever was being showed as in stock to sell out and then not replenish.

I have no dog in this fight. I haven’t purchased from SGM in years, not because I was ever angry at any sort of “price gouging”, just they were no longer competitive on most and then basically all of their prices.

View Quote

He probably hasn't gotten his ducks in a row in preparation for the sanctions yet. Capitalism and capitalizing can be 2 different things. Good capitalists would find a way to fill a need in the market. He should definitely do what is best for his situation so I can't possibly be mad at him but I like a company that says don't worry we will figure out how to get something to the market rather than his approach but he is rich and I am poor so there's that.

SG ammo to arfcomers
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Sam was telling people to buy when russian .223 got down to .18 cents per round and it wouldn't go any lower.

Now "he's"......pRiCe gOWJinG

Lmao...people never learn.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sam was telling people to buy when russian .223 got down to .18 cents per round and it wouldn't go any lower.

View Quote

i bought 2 cases of the IMI m193 a month back then from him.

it gives me warm fuzzies when i look at a closet full of it now.

thanks sam
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

He sells ammo for a living. He's always telling people to buy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe some should email SGammo links to all the other stores with Russian ammo in stock so he can neck beard it. lol

View Quote

This guy sees the market differently than Sam does.  If he's right, he makes a sale right now and Sam gets nothing. If Sam's right, he'll have a sale down the road at a higher price but no cash coming in at the moment, which he may or may not need at the moment. Either way, the consumer has a supply to choose from now or later.  The consumer gets to decide if he needs it now or later, with the caveat that price may be significantly different later.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have been on or around this forum for twenty years. This is exactly what GD is when it comes to prices on just about anything.

For being "conservatives" - this place has really turned into Reddit gun.deals. Totally out of touch with how a market works.
View Quote

It wasn't always this bad. The last five years GD has changed quite a bit, pretty much all for the worse. It seems like the average member kind of retarded nowadays.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was with all ammo, he wasn't doing buyers a favor, he was attempting to get people to purchase from him. Those e-mails were interspaced with the whiney ones about how much ammo he has and how he's selling it at cost, etc. That's smart for a business owner, especially when your product isn't selling as fast as it previously did. SGA making that post was stupid, him pulling the ammo isn't stupid.

People with the ammo market are a trip. Panic aside, you buy when you need it, when you find a good price, or when you kind of want more and find an acceptable price. Sitting around doing the "it'll go lower, I'm waiting" bit could possibly bite one in the ass...but, you obviously don't buy at CTD or SGA prices when there are other vendors.

These people have already approved permits to import from Russia, but Customs could shut that down tomorrow if they wanted or things get worse.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should shoot again sometime brother
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow what a sack of shit. lol
View Quote

Hmmmm….Sam told everyone for years this was gonna happen. He’s got a business to run. If his supply dries up, how does he survive?

Maybe look in mirror before judgement is passed
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He was with all ammo, he wasn't doing buyers a favor, he was attempting to get people to purchase from him. Those e-mails were interspaced with the whiney ones about how much ammo he has and how he's selling it at cost, etc. That's smart for a business owner, especially when your product isn't selling as fast as it previously did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was with all ammo, he wasn't doing buyers a favor, he was attempting to get people to purchase from him. Those e-mails were interspaced with the whiney ones about how much ammo he has and how he's selling it at cost, etc. That's smart for a business owner, especially when your product isn't selling as fast as it previously did.

So you're saying Sam is a savvy businessman in a market populated with consumers who are relatively unsophisticated at planning out their ammunition consumption needs and then purchasing accordingly? Or who are emotionally driven to make purchases based on what everyone else is doing?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He probably hasn't gotten his ducks in a row in preparation for the sanctions yet. Capitalism and capitalizing can be 2 different things. Good capitalists would find a way to fill a need in the market. He should definitely do what is best for his situation so I can't possibly be mad at him but I like a company that says don't worry we will figure out how to get something to the market rather than his approach but he is rich and I am poor so there's that.

SG ammo to arfcomers
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-115.gif
View Quote

Adjusting the price IS DEFINITELY a way to get the product to more people. If you give away high demand product, it will be scooped up in its entirety by the first in line. Only price or artificial product qty limits avoid that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

.223 has NEVER been under a quarter of a cent per round.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Sure do - we have a crazy amount of cases of it.

It's all we run in our 5.56 guns at the full auto shoots.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So you're saying Sam is a savvy businessman in a market populated with consumers who are relatively unsophisticated at planning out their ammunition consumption needs and then purchasing accordingly? Or who are emotionally driven to make purchases based on what everyone else is doing?
View Quote

You bet... and as I said in a post above: "SGA making that post was stupid, him pulling the ammo isn't stupid."

I was fine with SGA and order A LOT from him (because he had a ready supply of MEN 9mm). The whiney emails got on my nerves, so I removed myself from the mailing list. He started charging sales tax before it was required, I didn't like that very much. Shipping was a tad higher, but it was quick, so not a huge deal. But, his prices are shit now compared to others, but it's his ammo, so he is free to charge whatever he wants.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lmao...

He had Russian .223 by the case with lacquered and sealed necks for $189/k for several years.

2019 join date historian...lmao
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lmao...

He had Russian .223 by the case with lacquered and sealed necks for $189/k for several years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao...

That's still well above a quarter of a cent per round comrade.  You're talking 19 cents per round.  LMAO decimals matter... wizkid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's still well above a quarter of a cent per round comrade.  You're talking 19 cents per round.  LMAO decimals matter... wizkid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao...

$189 ÷ 1,000 = $0.189 or 19 cents per round
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#28]
There is no such thing as price gouging.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Is Heritage Amory GTG and where are they located?

67 cases for 18K.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

67 cases for 18K.
View Quote

the 843 area code on their "Contact Us" page is South Carolina.  I've had no dealings with them
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct.  19 cents per round, not .19 cents per round.  BIG difference.  Owning 50 guns isn't the same as owning .50 guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

With his supply chain possibly being disrupted for months, years, or forever….what exact price should he sell his property to you for to keep you happy?
View Quote

This
Raising the price will ensure the product will remain available
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should've linked to the one from yesterday that was 29 cpr if I recall correctly.  They were the cheapest on ammoseek for a little while yesterday.  I think it was cheapammo.com or something.  Oh wait, you can't link to it today, because they sold it all very quickly for 29 cpr and are now today looking at their replacement cost and going "fuuuuuuck......." (probably)
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I would do the same..
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So he's gonna price gouge?
View Quote

That is the message I see.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#36]
GD:  I have cases of Pmags I bought cheap and plan to sell them at insane prices during the next mag ban.   Profit bitches!

Retailer has to raise prices and hold stock back during ammo shortage....

GD: Fuck that piece of shit price gouger. I'll never buy from him again.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao...

AIM Surplus used to sell 500rds brass cased 556 with a 30cal ammo can for $99.  I still have two cans of it left.  I wish I had 50.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#38]
It's insane that people are more worried about what one retailer does with a finite stock of trashcan gun ammo than the possibility of never getting more of that ammo imported again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

the 843 area code on their "Contact Us" page is South Carolina.  I've had no dealings with them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

67 cases for 18K.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Lmao...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao...

LOL,

When I was hunting something in semi-auto, evil, and weapons of war (I would like to say 1996 ish) I looked at an AR and an AK.

7.62 was about 6 cents a round, and 5.56 was about 10 cents a round. I went the AK route just on that.

It was about 6 years later I started adding ARs to the mix.  

I miss those days of $100 per case
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

67 cases for 18K.

I know Ammoseek.com is pretty good about vetting out scam sites, but now I'm starting to think they're possibly a scam
NEVER heard of anyone selling ammo by the 20 FOOT DAMN CONTAINER load to civilians

ETA: they're permanently closed and their address is a church surrounded by tennis courts....
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

AIM Surplus used to sell 500rds brass cased 556 with a 30cal ammo can for $99.  I still have two cans of it left.  I wish I had 50.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao...

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He lost a lot of respect by manipulating his inventory numbers. 10 in stock...7...3...1...

Then 10 in stock again.
View Quote

Some think inventory software be what it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Correct.  19 cents per round, not .19 cents per round.  BIG difference.  Owning 50 guns isn't the same as owning .50 guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, ok. Lets all pretend nobody knew what he meant and you can continue being pedantic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If he puts it up for sale now it'll just get bought up by flippers.  I'd rather him make the money on it than some random dickhead.
View Quote

dskeet understand how the free market works, and how neck beards are....   swhy doesnt the rest of GD understandhow supply and demand works?! weve only beendoing this ever 2 years for like, since the dawn of the internets....
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's what it sounds like.  Ammo futures.
View Quote

I hope you guys put this into your memory banks.
This is what Dick's was trying to do before the Election.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#47]
The knuckle heads here crack me up.

Post in this thread…
“He’s a dirt bag for being a capitalist!”

Next post in Ukraine thread…
“All commies should die, muh merica’ and capitalism is awesome!”

ZA
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don’t think Sam canceled a single order that was placed. If you have evidence you should provide it or correct your post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Numerous people had orders canceled only to have it relisted. That's fuckery of top order.

Edit: another thing that turned off many of us - Sam actually went to Russia to negotiate an exclusive line of 8m3 effect 7.62 ammo. Built to the exact spec of the Files' request. He brought it to market.

It was repackaged Tula/common maker hollow point. I still have 500 rounds of it.

He very well may have been bamboozled by the factories too. He claims he was. But that was the beginning of it all.

I don’t think Sam canceled a single order that was placed. If you have evidence you should provide it or correct your post.

+1. I have also never heard of him doing that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I just ordered 2 cases of Tula 7.62x39 for $639 shipped from Heritage Armory

Edit: saw the stuff posted above and makes me worry but my credit card offers one time use numbers so no harm no foul I guess.

I have some on hand but I have a full auto that likes to eat and then two semis but to be honest I don’t really shoot them much. Problem is that there’s really no major producer other than Soviet stuff. Figured I better get some to hold me over just in case.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn people really get upset over other people doing what they want with their own property.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top