BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll bet I know where you snagged it at
https://heritagearmory.com/tula-7-62x39mm-33-case-half-pallet-35-per-round/?sku=22110-1

Holy dogshit
Anyone got 18 grand to burn?
View Quote

Shipping is extra, fuck that

I should prolly buy some more ammo tho seriously
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly I respect him for being completely honest.

He could have very easily said “nope, we are out of stock” instead of being honest.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like most of the whining is about tangential issues or mislabeling what is happening. A retailer forgoing selling a product to have it on hand for an upcoming promotion would be viewed as a good thing, but forgoing sales to wait out a market adjustment is a bad thing. The only difference being whether the action benefits the customer or the company. Selling at cost plus instead of a profit would benefit the customer too, but we rarely if ever accuse anyone of profiteering. We expect companies to sell at a profit, for such is our chosen economic system. Scummy moves are still scummy, but this is not cancelling backorders to force repurchase at a higher price. As for indicating, or releasing limited quantities for sale at a time, do we get mad when a brick and mortar store has a hundred widget in inventory but only puts ten on the shelf? The issue is not the practice, but how an otherwise reasonable practice is used.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Numerous people had orders canceled only to have it relisted. That's fuckery of top order.

Edit: another thing that turned off many of us - Sam actually went to Russia to negotiate an exclusive line of 8m3 effect 7.62 ammo. Built to the exact spec of the Files' request. He brought it to market.

It was repackaged Tula/common maker hollow point. I still have 500 rounds of it.

He very well may have been bamboozled by the factories too. He claims he was. But that was the beginning of it all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it in stock when you bought it?  If so, who gives a flying fuck?

Numerous people had orders canceled only to have it relisted. That's fuckery of top order.

Edit: another thing that turned off many of us - Sam actually went to Russia to negotiate an exclusive line of 8m3 effect 7.62 ammo. Built to the exact spec of the Files' request. He brought it to market.

It was repackaged Tula/common maker hollow point. I still have 500 rounds of it.

He very well may have been bamboozled by the factories too. He claims he was. But that was the beginning of it all.

Was it in stock when you bought it?  If so, who gives a flying fuck.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck a bunch of ammo drama.
Training has been hard to do for two years.
I'll buy a boat and go fishing instead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an unopened crate of Russian 7.62x54R. Should have bought more so I can retire.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.
He's got a history of doing this
View Quote

I am going to put this into simple terms:

Price gouging IS capitalism. Markets don't adjust for your opinions on what things should cost.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why y’all hate capitalism??

Stacked that shit deep back in the salad days when you shoulda been too.
View Quote

This. I’m sleeping like a baby in my ammo fort.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL, this thread reminds me of all the people I personally know who I've been telling (like sgammo) for years to buy it cheap and stack it.  Same entitled attitude...now with prices up they're all butt hurt because they can't go buy what they want, at the price they want, at the time they want.  I used to try to help them out by selling some of my stash to them below the current market price (but above what I paid...I guess I'm also price gouger).  Not any more.  These people have demonstrated that they're helpless at best and potentially closet commies at worst.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't mind that he's doing it.

But currently a case of whatever there is usually $50-100 more expensive than most other online retailers so I shop elsewhere. Which sucks because I used to buy from SG religiously.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like the CIA needed ammo
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't mind that he's doing it.

But currently a case of whatever there is usually $50-100 more expensive than most other online retailers so I shop elsewhere. Which sucks because I used to buy from SG religiously.
View Quote

His business, he can do what he wants I suppose. I used to buy religiously from him for years. I think he realized he was leaving a bit of money on the table with his lower prices. They don't ship to Maine anymore which sucks. State giving him problems so not his fault I guess.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What a crock of shit, wants to cause prices to rise by creating a shortage IMO
View Quote

What a crock of shit, you want to cause process to fall by creating a glut
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So he's gonna price gouge?
View Quote

Gouging doesn't exist, supply and demand is a real thing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Good thing have almost 50k primers

I know that's small potatoes to some who shoot comps and have several 100k on hand.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He lost a lot of respect by manipulating his inventory numbers. 10 in stock...7...3...1...

Then 10 in stock again.
View Quote

Yeah, that was weird that it did that...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He lost a lot of respect by manipulating his inventory numbers. 10 in stock...7...3...1...

Then 10 in stock again.

Keeps someone from ordering 20 cases.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Free market

Capitalism

Running a business

What would you do if 50% of your income might go away next week?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Did Wolf Gold ever start to show back up. I know it was Taiwanese ammo.and good stuff for blasting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone who says price gouge about any product at any time in any place is a faggot of the utmost proportions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#22]
One round per gallon of gas..............

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@grinningdag @craigan

What do you guys do for a living?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

@grinningdag @craigan

What do you guys do for a living?
No shit. I'm about to price gouge my boss in a couple of weeks when I get my review.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the heritage link. Bought a few. Wish I could justify a container full
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Whenever the topic of ammo and gun prices come up. Half of arfcom suddenly becomes communists.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yes he does.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#28]
lol at you idiots and

your gouging bullshit
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yep. This right here. [REd]But crickets in GD on this.[red]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He sent emails for years saying "buy this shit while it's cheap".

Worse!

There were threads complaining that he was "fear mongering" and trying to scare people into ordering.

I buy from SGAmmo. Not everything, but I have found ammo that they were either cheapest on or close enough to it.

Shop around. No one ever said that one guy had to be the cheapest on everything. Buy when it makes sense, dont when it doesnt. But complaining about it is silly.

We have a shop here like that. Some of their prices are good, some of them a the best I can find. Most of them are too high for my taste.  But I have no reason to complain about that. Buy what makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd be more pissed about companies that are running free shipping because a state might pass a mag ban. Virtue signaling profiteering to the max.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Sam hasn't been relevant for a while.  When you charge $50 more a case than most places, you price yourself out of the market.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Whenever the topic of ammo and gun prices come up. Half of arfcom suddenly becomes communists.
View Quote

It's not just ammo.  Everybody wants to be a capitalist until it's time to do capitalist shit.

I call the phenomenon Laissez-faire-weather economics.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Worse!

There were threads complaining that he was "fear mongering" and trying to scare people into ordering.

I buy from SGAmmo. Not everything, but I have found ammo that they were either cheapest on or close enough to it.

Shop around. No one ever said that one guy had to be the cheapest on everything. Buy when it makes sense, dont when it doesnt. But complaining about it is silly.

We have a shop here like that. Some of their prices are good, some of them a the best I can find. Most of them are too high for my taste.  But I have no reason to complain about that. Buy what makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He sent emails for years saying "buy this shit while it's cheap".

Worse!

Plz buy. Prices are low so I can only make money on volume. It won't be like this forever.

GD: HA HA WOW ur trying to scare us lol no way u scammer

Okay well I'm not sure I want to sell all this because I don't know what it goes for or when I can replenish it.

GD:  WOW STOP PRICE GOUGING WOW SELL TO ME AT 17cpr WOW YOU CROOK
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#34]
If you didn’t buy when he sent emails about the price going up.   I think for over a year now.   Keep you mouth shut.  We had threads here complaining about it as fear mongering.   Fools don’t understand basic supply and demand math. Last week he said you better buy it now while it’s cheap in his email.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He also has a history of telling you how good the ammo market is (at that time) and telling you it would not last forever.

He also has a history of almost going out of business due to glut.

Whatever his choice is, he's trying to stay competitive and make money. That's the point of any business.

If the sanctions end tomorrow, and everything is flooded with bulk Russian ammo he'll have to sell at a loss. If prices go up to a million dollars a round, he'll have to figure that out. If the government deems selling it is illegal, he takes a 100% loss on inventory.

That's risk, that's his decision that's business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

He also has a history of telling you how good the ammo market is (at that time) and telling you it would not last forever.

He also has a history of almost going out of business due to glut.
Quoted:

If he puts it up for sale now it'll just get bought up by flippers.  I'd rather him make the money on it than some random dickhead.

Whatever his choice is, he's trying to stay competitive and make money. That's the point of any business.

If the sanctions end tomorrow, and everything is flooded with bulk Russian ammo he'll have to sell at a loss. If prices go up to a million dollars a round, he'll have to figure that out. If the government deems selling it is illegal, he takes a 100% loss on inventory.

That's risk, that's his decision that's business.

+1

You sell for a price high enough to buy more inventory.  Why would he sell his remaining inventory if he doesn’t know what it will cost to replace?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Isn't his ammo??? He may sell it at whatever price he pleases and nobody should get their panties in a bunch. After all it's not like he cornered the baby formula market or a life saving medication.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck a bunch of ammo drama.
Training has been hard to do for two years.
I'll buy a boat and go fishing instead.
View Quote

It's nothing to shoot a half case in a couple hours and as much as I want to hit the range a few times a month I realized I can probably take a few nice trips a year instead.

It's like paying paying a gym $5-600 a month to work out I feel like these days.

Quoted:

This. I’m sleeping like a baby in my ammo fort.
View Quote

If it makes you happy to collect then do you but again I can definitely see most here don't shoot.

His business his rules and I hope he has a team of guys looking at other ways to procure ammo because his strategy seems very short minded. Ammo is not going to stop being made and disappear.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to buy ammo from him and then throw it in the trash
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sam hasn't been relevant for a while.  When you charge $50 more a case than most places, you price yourself out of the market.
View Quote

I concur, used to buy from him exclusively, several cases a month. His prices now, while not terrible, are pretty much higher across the board. Lately I can get 5.56 at most local stores as cheap or cheaper than anywhere on line, and that's not even taking shipping into consideration. Oh well, no good thing lasts forever.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Business 101:
You sell your goods based on what replenishment will cost not based on what you paid for it.

He has no idea if or when or how much cost he can restock his Russian sourced ammo if the POTATUS decides to ban Russian ammo.

View Quote

+1

Exactly.  Right now guns and mags are relatively cheap.  Buy those.  When ammo prices drop, buy that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

+1

Exactly.  Right now guns and mags are relatively cheap.  Buy those.  When ammo prices drop, buy that.
View Quote

Yeah capitalism works more than 1 way.

Be smart on how you spend your money. If there is a void in the cheap ammo market then there is a potential to make a lot of cash for someone.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Plz buy. Prices are low so I can only make money on volume. It won't be like this forever.

GD: HA HA WOW ur trying to scare us lol no way u scammer

Okay well I'm not sure I want to sell all this because I don't know what it goes for or when I can replenish it.

GD:  WOW STOP PRICE GOUGING WOW SELL TO ME AT 17cpr WOW YOU CROOK
View Quote

I have been on or around this forum for twenty years. This is exactly what GD is when it comes to prices on just about anything.

For being "conservatives" - this place has really turned into Reddit gun.deals. Totally out of touch with how a market works.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#43]
How dare that guy do what he wants with his own stuff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
The only way he could price gouge is if he forcibly reached into your pocket and took money from it for his product. Otherwise, the price will be what the market will bear, or do you prefer a controlled economy?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Why wouldn't he hold it if it's going up in value.  He's not compelled to sell his goods at current prices if he doesn't want to.  Farmers do this with grain all the time and no one gives them hell for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It appears he hasn't priced himself out of the market.  He routinely has inventory, and for me, having ammo at a small premium beats having no ammo priced where my feelz say it should be priced.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

100% my point. And what many people don't seem to grasp is that if this is a stunt - that was a conscious decision to make likely knowing what the result would be.
View Quote

Or maybe people thought Russia was going to crank out insane amounts of ammo while the Form 6s were still good and now it seems likely that the tens of millions of rounds that would have made it in won’t make it in.

And maybe a lot of people thought Ukraine would be able to step up their game and take over for Russia, but Ukraine would have to exist for that to happen and that seems increasingly unlikely.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Was it in stock when you bought it?  If so, who gives a flying fuck?
View Quote

Only dishonest business don’t give you live inventory of their back storage rooms (sarcasim)
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t think Sam canceled a single order that was placed. If you have evidence you should provide it or correct your post.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#50]
He's always saying the sky is falling, maybe it is.

If you didn't stack it deep when it was around two hundred a case, or cheaper, you get what you deserve.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top