Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So they are gonna import more Russian ammo????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man there's a bunch of entitled crybabies on this site.

"I should be able to buy stuff with no profit to the seller."

but

"I'll sell my stuff on EE for above MSRP."

https://c.tenor.com/4_OEXx-nA3gAAAAM/sad-baby.gif

I don't see anyone saying they should be able to buy at cost. The primary concern here is manufactured panic, which is an unethical manipulation of the free market.

In the stock market it would be a kind of pump and dump scheme. Hype up the product with half truths and rumors, then dump it at an inflated price.

The gov already halted permits for Russian ammo in August. The price jumped a little to 40 CPR, and settled back down to 30 CPR.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Guess I'm done buying through them. He can hold onto his inventory if he wants.

SG ammo hasn't been competitive since pre-COVID. Plenty of places to buy 7.62x39 for 30-35 CPR right now.
View Quote

Go on….
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The gov already halted permits for Russian ammo in August. The price jumped a little to 40 CPR, and settled back down to 30 CPR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

I don't see anyone saying they should be able to buy at cost. The primary concern here is manufactured panic, which is an unethical manipulation of the free market.

In the stock market it would be a kind of pump and dump scheme. Hype up the product with half truths and rumors, then dump it at an inflated price.

Should arfcom set the price?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Over the next 2 years.

yes id give it a 98% probability.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

The market should set the price free of rumor and panic.

A distributor or retailer spreading panic without any evidence or proof is a unethical sales tactic.

Heres an example. A restaurant sells hotdogs. The owner gets an awesome deal on bulk hotdogs if he buys a lot more than usual, and to sell them all he lies to his customers and says the hot dog factory burned down and there won't be any more hotdogs in a week. If you like hotdogs, you better buy them now because this is your last chance. People go crazy, buy hotdogs by the box, freeze them, and keep them. The restaurant sells six times as many hot dogs as normal due to the demand.

Do you think the restaurant owner committed a fraud?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A distributor or retailer spreading panic without any evidence or proof is a unethical sales tactic.

Heres an example. A restaurant sells hotdogs. The owner gets an awesome deal on bulk hotdogs if he buys a lot more than usual, and to sell them all he lies to his customers and says the hot dog factory burned down and there won't be any more hotdogs in a week. If you like hotdogs, you better buy them now because this is your last chance. People go crazy, buy hotdogs by the box, freeze them, and keep them. The restaurant sells six times as many hot dogs as normal due to the demand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

But he's not selling it at the moment?  Maybe you should buy up everyone else's stock since its such deal
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Holding back inventory is fraud now, and yall wonder why companies don't answer y'alls emails
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Over the next 2 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over the next 2 years.

And a business holding back their inventory or raising their prices is wrong because?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But he's not selling it at the moment?  Maybe you should buy up everyone else's stock since its such deal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

Which poses more problems. The price goes up for everyone because panic spreads to all retailers, and those retailers raise their prices due to the panic.

One person with information in the market, whom we trust, and they have special insider knowledge, spreading rumor and panic only causes damage to the free market. It is an unethical manipulation.

And we already don't live in a truly free market.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Holding back inventory is fraud now, and yall wonder why companies don't answer y'alls emails
View Quote

Thats not what I said. You are blatantly lying about my post.

I asked YOU if lying about supply chain problems was fraud. You never answered the question. You ASSumed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which poses more problems. The price goes up for everyone because panic spreads to all retailers, and those retailers raise their prices due to the panic.

One person with information in the market, whom we trust, and they have special insider knowledge, spreading rumor and panic only causes damage to the free market. It is an unethical manipulation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

So he should be forced to sell his inventory at a price you determine?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think Barnaul or Silver Bear
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ammo comes out of ukraine currently? Serious question.

I think Barnaul or Silver Bear

I have boxes of steel case Wolf that say “Made in Ukraine”.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I asked YOU if lying about supply chain problems was fraud. You never answered the question. You ASSumed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously didn't think you're serious.  

Probably time to get a counselor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

Nobody ever said that. You are creating straw man arguments to pretend you know what you're talking about.

The issue at hand here is not the dudes inventory. Its him spreading panic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a retailer lies about a supply chain issue to sell more product, is that fraud?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holding back inventory is why the lumber market went retarded. It's an artificial manipulation of the price if goods. In fact since so many want to talk about capitalism let's go look what Hayek and Smith had to say about price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

His inventory should be sold at no less and no more than to pay his rent, labour, and product costs.  That's free market right there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nobody ever said that. You are creating straw man arguments to pretend you know what you're talking about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

You mean explaining why certain popular is no longer available currently?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

If a retailer lies about a supply chain issue to sell more product, is that fraud?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Good god you seriously are a mental
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

His inventory should be sold at no less and no more than to pay his rent, labour, and product costs.  That's free market right there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gd is always hilarious
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

You're the one that took 5 posts to answer a simple question without lying about it and distorting words.

But I'm glad to see you admit you accept whatever the sales people tell you. You are the average uneducated consumer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You're the one that took 5 posts to answer a simple question without lying about it and distorting words.

But I'm glad to see you admit you accept whatever the sales people tell you. You are the average uneducated consumer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

You tell em!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

Lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but

Do you think that this administration will hesitate to stop importation of Russian ammo under these circumstances?

I have been buying Barnaul %.56 from them as the prices settled down after covid.
I wanted some steel case to save my brass stuff for later, as a hedge against this type of mess.
5.56 was actually a newer caliber for me, I had shot 7.62 until recently.  
I may trade some stock of 7.62 to up my supply of 5.56 as I shoot more with that caliber.

Should I sell my stock cheaper because I loaded up during very cheap times for 7.62?
I will need to sell it at market, so I can get what I need.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Sam gonna Sam....ammo will be on auction at Gunbroker shortly. That's usually the way he deals with these things.

And really, I don't care, I support capitalism and a free market.

And I have a hella ammo fort I bought when it was 200 bucks a case for x39.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Have Sam call you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Good lord, who gives a shit ?

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#29]
A business owner holding onto an appreciating asset? THE NERVE.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#30]
When he reposts the ammo.
I'm sure he'll be just barely breaking even so hurry up and buy before I raise the price
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, I know, right? It is what it is, do business with him, or don't. He is no longer the best place to buy on line, for whatever reason. Either he will stay in business or he won't. Seen many an ammo vendor go the way of the Dodo, he could be next. I hate to see it because he seemed like a good guy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#32]
All of you "price gougers" please give me a call when you're looking to sell your homes. Looking forward to buying at whatever you paid for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All of you "price gougers" please give me a call when you're looking to sell your homes. Looking forward to buying at whatever you paid for it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL True.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Seems about right… finished my M92 SBR less than an hour ago.  I have had it on a stamp for 8 years and the week I finish it off the 7.62x39 will start drying up.

It’s the only caliber I not equipped with enough of to shoot weekly for a year.

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I need to list some wolf gold at $25/20 and see how long it takes
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Gd is always hilarious
View Quote

I mean that's what Adam Smith said in wealth of nations.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well wolf gold is made in Taiwan soooo...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I mean that's what Adam Smith said in wealth of nations.
View Quote

And I care because?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe should go for $40/20 taiwan is about to be China
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't jinx it dude, China is warming up their ass kicking boots.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

He didn't put a notice of what he was doing on his site, or in an email blast. That looks like it was a personal message to someone.  Everyone knows that Russian ammo will end after the current contracts are filled, because of last year's sanctions. New sanctions could easily cut of the spigot off right now
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Remind me why more American ammunition manufactures other than PSA don’t make 7.62x39 for example.  
They apparently churned out plenty of that oddball caliber for Glocks without too much trouble.  Surely there is enough demand.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Remind me why more American ammunition manufactures other than PSA don't make 7.62x39 for example.  
They apparently churned out plenty of that oddball caliber for Glocks without too much trouble.  Surely there is enough demand.

View Quote

Because starting up a line of steel case ammo wouldn't be cost effective against cheaper Russian imports?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I know Ammoseek.com is pretty good about vetting out scam sites, but now I'm starting to think they're possibly a scam
NEVER heard of anyone selling ammo by the 20 FOOT DAMN CONTAINER load to civilians

ETA: they're permanently closed and their address is a church surrounded by tennis courts....
View Quote

Freedom Munitions used to sell ammo by the pallet, don't know if they still do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably the guy with shitter paper as his avatar.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
And questions back:

1.  What prevented you from being proactive with a historical knowledge of shortages and not loading up on your favorite dogs?

2.  Who forced you with violence to purchase hot dogs from said pretend vendor?

3.  Is it your business what someone does with their personal property?

4.  Do you always blame others for your lack of foresight?

5.  Will you show up at my doorstop demanding my hot dogs?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Plenty of Tula at the PSA store in NC today, no limit.

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top