Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those people are working long hours at forced overtime due to understaffing and yet they still manage to get the job done.

"Concerned co worker" my ass; there  is nothing lower than a disgruntled rat.
View Quote

Union member outed himself.

News Alert: If you are on the clock, you have to be working, not sleeping. The fact that your issue is with the person taking the photo versus those who neglect their duty is telling.

Watch this Video about the scandal, its not an isolated incident in that culture: http://www.local10.com/news/photos-show-miami-beach-police-dispatch-supervisors-allegedly-sleeping-on-the-job/-/1717324/24206658/-/d1trit/-/index.html
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]

What does a busy 911 center in Colorado Springs have to do with this?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not shocked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What does a busy 911 center in Colorado Springs have to do with this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How do I get in on this gig?
I posted at least 6 different news stories of unanswered 911 calls and you cant connect the dots with the sleeping 911 call center employees?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I posted at least 5 different news stories of unanswered 911 calls and you cant connect the dots with the sleeping 911 call center employees?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I posted at least 5 different news stories of unanswered 911 calls and you cant connect the dots with the sleeping 911 call center employees?

I know just how to fix this problem.

MORE NAP TIME!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#7]

The person on the left is a Dispatch Supervisor training the person on the right to be a Supervisor on the night the photo was taken according to Local10.com

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

By your own statement, that had to be a rare moment of peace and quiet.  Unless you are suggesting they are missing calls, what exactly is it hurting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So fucking what?  Most 911 stations are manned by several employees at the same time and many don't get a call for several hours on end.  Show me where a 911 station failed to receive a call, then I might get excited.

You think there's a period of several hours that Miami beach 911 centers aren't receiving calls? Lol... its fucking Florida

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

By your own statement, that had to be a rare moment of peace and quiet.  Unless you are suggesting they are missing calls, what exactly is it hurting?

Where the hell did I say that? If I call 911, I want someone alert and firing on all 8 cylinders, not groggy and disoriented because I just interrupted their nap.

They're getting a salary paid for by tax dollars, they have no reason to be napping and getting paid for it. They and their supervisors need tobe terminated.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I posted at least 6 different news stories of unanswered 911 calls and you cant connect the dots with the sleeping 911 call center employees?

View All Quotes

Except this one

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/09/texas-man-hit-by-car-when-911-calls-go-unanswered/

Was a problem with the cell phone service, and not the 911 system.

“It went into the antenna, but it didn’t come to us,” Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings told  WFAA. “We’ve got proof it didn’t show up at 911. … The call got into T-Mobile’s antenna, and it didn’t get to us. It wasn’t sent appropriately. One of those things that just didn’t hit up.”
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Not unless you are suggesting they are missing calls whole sleeping.  I find the idea that people are sleeping while the phones are ringing a bit absurd.  Perhaps you do not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where the hell did I say that? If I call 911, I want someone alert and firing on all 8 cylinders, not groggy and disoriented because I just interrupted their nap.

They're getting a salary paid for by tax dollars, they have no reason to be napping and getting paid for it. They and their supervisors need tobe terminated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So fucking what?  Most 911 stations are manned by several employees at the same time and many don't get a call for several hours on end.  Show me where a 911 station failed to receive a call, then I might get excited.

You think there's a period of several hours that Miami beach 911 centers aren't receiving calls? Lol... its fucking Florida

And the FF/Medics who are going to be the ones that actually respond that just crawled out of their beds at the station?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a feeling this is racist
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt any 911 worker in the US is on salary, and I would also prefer they be alert when I call.  If that means a quick cat nap during a slow time, so be it.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And the FF/Medics who are going to be the ones that actually respond that just crawled out of their beds at the station?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dispatchers don't get 3-4 minutes to "spin up" on the drive over, their full attention is needed immediately,  and  their shifts aren't typically as long.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:56:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
And?

I would venture to bet that a dispatch center as big as Dade Co. (Miami) has as many as 15-20 (if not more) dispatchers and call takers on duty per shift. Wouldn't be uncommon to have five people on break at a time.

And again, nothing wrong with nodding off at your desk on break.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard to tell if they are on lunch or a 15min break from those photos.

But let's assume the worst. It's the arfcom way.

Pretty easy to assume that the aren't supposed to be on a nap break at the same time

Huh? I know lots of folks will take a lunch or 15min break at their desk and nod off. Nothing wrong with doing that.

Multiple dispatchers on break at the same time?   On fucking nap break?

And?

I would venture to bet that a dispatch center as big as Dade Co. (Miami) has as many as 15-20 (if not more) dispatchers and call takers on duty per shift. Wouldn't be uncommon to have five people on break at a time.

And again, nothing wrong with nodding off at your desk on break.

Where does it say they were on break?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I wonder if the phones have some sort of device that alerts them with an audible tone when it rings.
View Quote

Turn that shit off to get you some quality sleep yo!

Government efficiency at it finest

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#25]
meh, I've seen postman, Fed Ex guys, UPS dudes, sanitation workers, street dept workers, school teachers, mechanics and salesmen all asleep at the helm, shit I used to work 3rd shift at a grocery store and half my co-workers were nodding off by 4am. What should we do? Start working 30hr weeks like in Europe and get nothing done?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

meh, I've seen postman, Fed Ex guys, UPS dudes, sanitation workers, street dept workers, school teachers, mechanics and salesmen all asleep at the helm, shit I used to work 3rd shift at a grocery store and half my co-workers were nodding off by 4am. What should we do? Start working 30hr weeks like in Europe and get nothing done?
View Quote

Are they being paid to answer life and death emergency phone calls?

I think not

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If you think that only happens in Florida, then you're an idiot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

GUESS WHICH STATE!

If you think that only happens in Florida, then you're an idiot.  

Yeah, quit picking on Florida

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think not

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think not

They are all being paid, and like it has been stated, most large dispatch centers have more than a few dispatchers working. I'm not saying it shouldn't be addressed---I'm just saying it does happen.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

MORE NAP TIME IS THE ANSWER!!!
These poor souls are so busy they can't even sleep at home. Fucking slave traders.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Some agencies allow it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I love the Daily Mail, not afraid to tell/show you the story of what we already know that the U.S media won't show.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I call BS, every county or municipal dispatch center I've been in has mountains of food at each operator's station.  I worked the road for many years in the Miami area, dispatchers there don't even have time to take a piss it's so damn busy. They also get stuck working mandatory OT if someone calls out, that 18 hours in a seat.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Some agencies allow it.
View Quote

I'd think those agencies should be held liable for any deaths incurred as a result

$$$
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

911 calls go unanswered all the time all over the nation. There are only so many call takers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your type will never work for me.  I have dispatchers and we have plenty for them to do.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Strange as this is going to sound, if they didn't miss a call and are otherwise performing as they're supposed to, I'm actually alright with it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks really bad. But I need a little more than looks, before I throw down the gauntlet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

exactly. I pumped on a huge fire from just after midnight, on. I got the truck put back together at 0400. I'm sure I was absolutely 100% for the medical I ran 45 minutes later.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I doubt any 911 worker in the US is on salary, and I would also prefer they be alert when I call.  If that means a quick cat nap during a slow time, so be it.  
View Quote

They're salary at every agency here that I know of.  Every agency here also authorizes 30 minute, on the clock naps, for graveyard employees. It's been pretty well demonstrated that it has an overall positive effect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

News Alert: If you are on the clock, you have to be working, not sleeping. The fact that your issue is with the person taking the photo versus those who neglect their duty is telling.

Watch this Video about the scandal, its not an isolated incident in that culture: http://www.local10.com/news/photos-show-miami-beach-police-dispatch-supervisors-allegedly-sleeping-on-the-job/-/1717324/24206658/-/d1trit/-/index.html
View Quote

If nobody is calling and their workspace is clean, what work are they supposed to be doing exactly? How do you know they're neglecting their duties? It is in fact possible to be in a light sleep and ready to answer the phone when it rings. Did they fail to answer any calls?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The dispatchers don't get 3-4 minutes to "spin up" on the drive over, their full attention is needed immediately,  and  their shifts aren't typically as long.

View Quote

The firemen don't either. If you're not 100% when you hit the starter button on the rig, you're putting lives in danger.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think not

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think not

No. They very rarely take life and death emergency phone calls. 95% of 911 calls shouldn't have been 911 calls.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

911 calls go unanswered all the time all over the nation. There are only so many call takers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In the private sector places such as pizza hut field calls out to a third party so you never get a busy signal.

I wonder if the Union would file a grievance in a call center such as this if they were to try something similar

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd think those agencies should be held liable for any deaths incurred as a result

$$$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some agencies allow it.

$$$

You'd be wrong.  Deaths don't occur because of it.  They have these things called "other dispatchers" that take up the slack.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Suppose if there was a picture of some cops in there playing cards with them on a slow night, would that be better or worse than sleeping?

View Quote
Mu ha ha.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If nobody is calling and their workspace is clean, what work are they supposed to be doing exactly? How do you know they're neglecting their duties? It is in fact possible to be in a light sleep and ready to answer the phone when it rings. Did they fail to answer any calls?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here, graveyard dispatchers verify warrants in the computer against the hard copy. They have a set number to do a pay period.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:   In the private sector places such as pizza hut field calls out to a third party so you never get a busy signal.

I wonder if the Union would file a grievance in a call center such as this if they were to try something similar

View Quote

Dispatchers here aren't union. Most of the LEOs aren't either.  Going out to a 3rd party would do absolutely no good at all, since it still has to go back to the same comms center to get the call dispatched.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You'd be wrong.  Deaths don't occur because of it.  They have these things called "other dispatchers" that take up the slack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some agencies allow it.

$$$

They should be OK with the new camera systems being installed to watch them sleep then

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Top Top