Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
1.5 years and it was 1.5 years too long
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
One week.  Got a job in the parts department of a local exotic car dealership.  They had 5 of us working 10 hour days, 6 days a week.  After two days I realized that we actually only worked about an hour a day and sat around doing nothing for the other nine.  After day two my boss asked “so what do you think?”.  I told him I was bored out of my mind.  “Really!  I guess we’ll have to find something for you to do then....”

Three more days of nothing to do and I didn’t show up for the sixth day.  20 years later I feel a little guilty about it, but damn, 60 hours a week when 50 of them were unnecessary was excruciatingly boring.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Couple of hours.
I'm a retired cop and wanted something to do.
Local hospital want a shuttle driver to drive a van from a remote parking lot to the main door. Sounds easy right! Well some fat, female, big wig demanded I leave immediately even though the van wasn't full.
Told her to sit down and shut up it would be a few more minutes. She got all huffy and loud with the " do you know who I am " shit. I said fuck you. Shut off the van, got out, threw the keys down the storm drain and went home.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
After college I interviewed several places.   I took the first entry job that was offered to me.  Two weeks later one of the other places I interviewed called me up and offered me a job making significantly more money.  I felt bad about quitting after two weeks but it was the right choice.  30 years later I retired as a VP from that company.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Right around 90 days
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I know a Chick who took a job for one day just to get out of a noncompete.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
3 months on the dot - finished my training and got out of there
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]
a month
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Three weeks.  Shitty atmosphere.   People were dicks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#10]
One day.   Twice.

Bad management and having been lied to about the scope of work.

Buh bye.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Right around 90 days
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
1 week.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#13]
3 days. 1970's. That was the beginning and the end of my career in factory work. I got a job at the American Motors plant in Milwaukee. They made the car bodies there and shipped them by truck to Kenosha for final assembly. I made the mistake of telling them I knew how to weld. Welding was the most miserable job in the plant! They were still stick welding some parts at the time. The job paid big money, $4/hour, about double what I had made as a gas station grease monkey.

On day 4; I walked into the employment office, laid my company ID on the counter and said "I quit". They weren't at all surprised. "Do you want us to mail your check?" "Yes." I didn't want to come back there for anything.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#14]
3 months.

Worked at a engine assembly plant for a contractor doing computer repair at the plant, my co-worker was a thieving scum bag that was stealing computer parts and selling them. He sabotaged my work and did allot of underhanded sneaky crap to make me look bad in front of the boss. Then I had run ins with the local IBEW who thought they should be the ones doing computer repair, because electricity and shit,  in the factory even though they had no one on staff who even knew what a mouse was. They expected me to train the union  guys on how to repair a computer while preventing me, sometimes physically, from doing my job.

My boss tried to put me on a PiP and I told him not to bother I was quitting and I was not the problem. I found out the guy I got hired to replace quit after 3 months on the job and I said the guy you hire to replace me will quit in 3 months so pound sand. I left my phone number with someone in the office who knew what was going on and I told him to give it to the guy they hire to replace me. Sure enough three months later he calls me and wants to know why his co-worker was such a dick and his boss was a dumbass as to not see it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Couple of hours.
Local hospital want a shuttle driver to drive a van from a remote parking lot to the main door. Sounds easy right! Well some fat, female, big wig demanded I leave immediately even though the van wasn't full.
Told her to sit down and shut up it would be a few more minutes. She got all huffy and loud with the " do you know who I am " shit. I said fuck you. Shut off the van, got out, threw the keys down the storm drain and went home.
View Quote
@Bikerdoc
Your story made me laugh out loud.

Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Couple of hours.
View Quote
I think you win!
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#17]
six weeks.  Got hired at a law firm to work for a guy who was known all over town a huge asshole.  I wasn't from that town so i didn't know.  They figured since I was former Army I'd just be fine working for a complete asshole.  Told them in my exit interview that I was not comfortable working for a company who decided the $$$ this guy brought in was worth the damage to his office and his employees (that office had MASSIVE retention problems, asshole drove off 3 secretaries in 1 year and 5 associates).  So the name partners flew in, put asshole partner on a PIP, after 6 months he failed and they told him "pack your shit, you're not worth the $$ you bring in," and invited me to return.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]
1.5 years.

Company was bought out not long after I was hired and I was given a choice; relocate or be laid off.  Many were not given that choice at all and given pink slips after we relocated our equipment to other facilities.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#19]
1 year.  Insufficient raise for how I helped them turn around their department. Bye.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top