BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On that note, Beretta is finally selling factory threaded barrels too, so no more using aftermarket barrels with meh accuracy in order to use a suppressor.
View Quote
Factory barrel I sent off to be threaded. 

Good to know though!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have little bitch hands, so no 92s for me.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You mentioned the CZ75. . . Having shot both, I would take the CZ all day every day over the 92. But ultimately its just a preference issue since they are both proven platforms.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think everyone needs at least one 9mm. I think that 9mm should be a P226 Glock 19. But...failing that...a 92FS would work.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
No but they should have a P228
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a 92fs for a few years then sold it on here. It just never did anything for me. Still have several new mags sitting in the safe.

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a beater M9 just because, but I know it will just sit in the safe.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Do they ship?

Ed
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one for a little while, and sold it to fund my KAC NT-4 silencer last year.

I hardly ever shoot 9mm anyway.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Love it or hate it, it's been the standard issue pistol of the US Army for the last 32 years.
View Quote
By that reasoning, I'm covered because I've got a 1911, which was standard issue when I was a squid, and for ~60 or 70 years before that.

For $349 and 3 mags, I'd probably buy a legit Beretta M9 if it wasn't worn to shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
With the right powder, I love my suppressed 92FS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Sure why not . When it comes up again , I'll probably post the same . Yes ,get one
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do they ship?

Ed
View Quote
I don't know.

Gunnies is the name of the place.  Orem, UT
www.gunnies.com

Click on their add.

Bud's seems to have similar deals.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know.

www.gunnies.com

Click on their add.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they ship?

Ed
I don't know.

www.gunnies.com

Click on their add.

Thank you.

Seems they don’t have the same deal online. Unless I’m a complete idiot?  Which is very likely.  

Ed
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Local store has police trade ins with night sights and three 15 round magazines for $349.  Seems like a good deal.  (At least I hope they still have them, their add came out last week.)  I've never owned one, and if I ever shot one it was a Taurus copy back in the 80s so I don't remember it.

Should everyone have one in their collection.   I have no other 9mm handguns.
View Quote

Absolutely fucking not. Buy up all the Italian shitware you like. The M9 and XD can go eat glue in the corner together.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought one and received it last week the barrel is crooked to the right rubbing the slide. Probably factory seconds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Palmetto State Armory has the 92FS for $449 with free shipping right now.  I'd buy new over a police trade in. I have a 92SF, I prefer my CZ-SP01 over it.  The SP01 will run you about $140 more than the Beretta at PSA.  I don't have a 75B, but a high polished stainless is on my short list.
I bought one and received it last week the barrel is crooked to the right rubbing the slide. Probably factory seconds
Mine did that brand new, drove me crazy and pissed me off.
The real problem was how well it shot and how well I shot it. I really liked it a lot.

Nonetheless the barrel marks pissed me off, I searched all the 92 forums and no answers.
I got an email from Beretta with a $129 special for a new barrel with the up-dated locking block.
Problem solved, no more rub marks, no more accurate, but one hell of a nice pistol nonetheless.

But it is pretty damned accurate as it was, a fine shooting handgun and the slide/frame is like to sheets of glass with a few drops of oil between them. Very very nice and smooth. A great handgun.

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
By that reasoning, I'm covered because I've got a 1911, which was standard issue when I was a squid, and for ~60 or 70 years before that.
View Quote
Sorry you need both.

Just like you have to have a 20" AR15 and a carbine also.

It's just settled science, like global warming and the chupacabra.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Buy one, but convert it to a G model.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a 92FS Compact.  It was sweet.  Great size compared to the G19.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#19]
As stated before elsewhere on this site. I’ve got a love hate relationship with the gun. I’ve had a 92FS since 2001, I wanted to be able to practice with something close to my issue weapon. That gun is an amazing weapon. The issue M9s I’ve had have all been worn until junk. My wife purchased an M9 a few years ago because she wanted her own. Same thing. She can shoot hers really well even for a woman with small hands. I’m debating on sending mine to Wilson for some upgrades.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#20]
We always have this conversation at work.  Everyone hates them because the ones we are issued are old, beat and tired.  I see why people hate them.  They have grown to become one of my favorite pistols though.  I was telling my GF how I need a new "dress" pistol. Something nice and classy I can wear to formal events and such. I think a "blinged" out Beretta is what I might go with.  You know, something a cartel boss would have. Something over the top.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Absolutely. It's one of the most successful and adopted designs of the last century and still in almost universal circulation world wide- from South African Vectors to Egyptian Helwans, Brazillian Taurus copies, to American M9's or French G models.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My other consideration is a CZ-75.  How would those compare.  I've been shooting 1911s a lot.  I can't stand the trigger on my Glocks anymore.

I did get my quarterly bonus today.  If I don't get one of those, PSA is going to be getting some of it.
View Quote
ESPECIALLY if you are used to 1911's, CZ75>Beretta.

True statement even if you're used to shooting highpoints really.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I need to buy one. Been years since I sold mine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Got 2 92f's in case I'm ever in a Hong Kong action movie, not bad guns but not top of my list for must haves, also have a Helwan which is copy of older beretta 51 or 52 I think it is. G19, BHP, and CZ75 rank higher on must have 9mm IMO.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn good pistol, best action design of the past forty years. It's big when you don't have a light on it, but compared to guns with lights, it's about equal. POA/POI is retarded european crap, but it works. Accuracy and reliability are out-fucking-standing when the weapon is properly maintained. With Mec-Gar 18/20 round mags, its capacity is equal or greater than other full-size options. Decent trigger, SA is great.

It was fucked up by the Army, who insisted on a safety/decocker instead of a thumb safety and separate decocker. Not to mention their typical FUBAR maintenance.

Bartocci goes into detail on how the Army can manage to fuck up a wet dream.

It's a good gun. And for $400, it's a steal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Isn't that a D spring?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st rule is to change out parts, installing a "G" Hammer spring is @ the top of the list.
Isn't that a D spring?
Yep I went to bed after I did that & was thinking Fuk it should have been "D" but didn't feel like getting and coming back to PC .. 

* Broke my ankle so was getting back up 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Absolutely fucking not. Buy up all the Italian shitware you like. The M9 and XD can go eat glue in the corner together.
View Quote
SMH.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I like mine.

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#29]
My 92FS has been more reliable than my G19.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I really don't like them.  A Sig 226 and a CZ 75 are both far superior weapons.  I prefer my Elite 229R and my CZ 75 TS orange
View Quote
This. My half German P226 and my custom "Cajunized" SP-01 are much better pistols than anything Beretta makes.

My father was issued a Beretta Brigadier (INS was transitioning over from revolvers) around 1996, that thing was the biggest piece of shit (My HK VP70 actually works) I've ever handled. Had to be repaired several times over a two year period. On one of the occasions, I was shooting it and the fucking extractor flew off the damn thing, turning it into a single shot pistol.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#31]
An early model Beretta 92 was my first pistol.  Sweet shooter, but not reliable, and really heavy.  I sold it, and don't miss it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I went ahead and bought one.  Paid a little more for one that looked a little better $379.  

Ordered some mags from Midway.  (If you still want some they're just about gone)  Mec-gars are on sale as well.

Time to go shoot it.

If I'm motivated I'll post pics later.  It looks like any other decade old handgun with holster wear though.

I'm sure the better deal would be to buy new from PSA but I'm impatient.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it type of thinking, it's a 1970s design after all.

A proper 92 historian could set us straight, but I believe they first appeared on the 90Two, as did the 'buffer' and rail.  90Two was not successful, and it's 'advanced' features were quickly adopted by the M9A1 (perhaps A3) guns, so there was little incentive to continue promoting it.  My .40 Cal 90two is below.  Trivia, both 9mm or .40 cals are known as 90Two's, the 96 terminology is not in play.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3561/93150.JPG
View Quote
90Two would be my pick. I am sucker for futuristic looks, and it has them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Big Fan of the M-9.  

It is a service pistol sized gun (not a pocket pistol by any stretch, but it is my most accurate pistol over Glocks, S&W and even HK.

They catch a lot of hate from the 'plastic gun - striker fired' fan boys for being a "Traditional" pistol similar to 1911...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes, but a 92G is even better.
View Quote
And an M-9A1G even better then?  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top