Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

33 posts after getting the golden ticket approval to login. "Norcal_LEO" is talked about in just about every forum out there, some in good ways, some not good ways. Not like anyone needs a login here to know "Norcal_LEO".

"He's baaaaaack? Thought he was gone for good?". Give it a rest already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

33 posts here and you know that norcal is NorCal_LEO - so what was your last screen name?

33 posts after getting the golden ticket approval to login. "Norcal_LEO" is talked about in just about every forum out there, some in good ways, some not good ways. Not like anyone needs a login here to know "Norcal_LEO".

"He's baaaaaack? Thought he was gone for good?". Give it a rest already.

I thought you were running! Was it to Taco Bell?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm going with this.

In fact, with the recent events, new administration, de-platforming, etc it would not surprise me at for some junior G-man to cook up the idea of a disinfo campaign for apps that they actually do have trouble with.

View Quote

I can roll with this. QANON for apps.

=P

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So OP can't back shit up. In his mind, people use Signal and the feds issued a terror alert, therefore Signal has been compromised.

Truly a dizzying intellect.

OP, has it ever occurred to you that it could have been something else that led to the terror warning, including nothing at all? Especially since in the very same warning the gov intentionally conflagrated the 1/6 riots with the left wing riots that have occurred over the summer and fall?
View Quote

Nope. I believe they do have info, but will not divulge where they got that info. If they divulge where they got the info from they will divulge a capability they do not want to be know publicly. It's a std practice to not divulge capabilities. However, they also needed to inform the public. To not inform and have an incident occur, is just as bad as Cap PD not preparing even though supposedly they knew something bad was coming.

They nabbed the pipe bomber guy. I loon of sorts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Sigh.  Another poster claiming the Feds have reversed the laws of Mathematics, with zero proof of such claim.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#5]
So what's the message here :

(a) Don't use signal because the eye of Fed is watching

(b) Continue to use Signal (but don't send your secret chili recipe)

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who ever said the Fed notice had in it their source of info? It's a BS notice in that context. But no doubt they have info. To be credible they must have info, which is coming out of their looking into everything/anything running over the internet.

Signal is just an app that people are flocking to in groves. Follow the users, it's that simple.
If I did not want to "secure" my comms, then why bother using Signal or the like?

Why does ar15.com use TLS for accessing the website? Only need TLS for the login piece and maybe the profile page. TLS'ing the rest is kinda pointless. Nothing like adding pointless overhead to a computing system.
View Quote

They did the same thing last time they were in charge.
They warned that there was threats by anti abortionists, Pro constitutionalists, Single issue voters, and conservatives...................what changed this time that you think they have something on people who use signal, when they are just after conservatives (like they were the previous 8 years before Trump), rather than concerned about real terrorism?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

He wants you to send your messages in plaintext from an old flip phone.

That should tell you all you need to know about OP's knowledge and expertise on the matter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unless there is a backdoor in a given application, the .gov goes not have the resources to crack any respectable encryption. Unless there's has been some sort of mind blowing leap in the encryption breaking theory, it takes more processing power than is available on the planet to brute force through encryption in any reasonable time.

https://www.eetimes.com/how-secure-is-aes-against-brute-force-attacks/

A powerful enough quantum computer doesn't exist yet to tackle the problem either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/quantum-computers-encryption-decades-researchers,38819.html
View Quote

A year ago, took 3min to solve a 10,000yr problem.
Google is better than the govt?
You make people laugh, but that's a good thing, you are not the one they worry about.

Why do people here get all worked up when this type of chatter hits the screen?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Given your experience, do you think there's any encryption that's safe?  
View Quote

Define "safe", and who's using it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
People should know any "encrypted privacy app"  which requires key identifying information to create an account isn't private.  

I would think that would be a premise  even the least security aware person would know.   A truly zero knowledge secure messaging app will not require,  DNA samples, email addresses or phone numbers to create a user account.  

Think about that for a bit folks ...  

Then if you still need a encrypted messaging app consider Element which is powered by the block chain based Matrix ,  or WICKR.me  neither requires anything to create an account other than having the application installed on your phone or computer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Warning for those who use the Signal app.

The recent National Terror Threat Warning released by the Fed comes from them analyzing comms of the Signal app. Yes, the Fed can look inside all that "weak" encrypted stuff!

View Quote

How's the food at Quantico these days?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you for joining the forum to share this with everyone. We were lost before that.
View Quote

Guess that 'ol say'n still holds true, you'd be surprised.

Ok, nuff said. I'm out, onto other more interesting threads, like "Interesting-10-note-in-change-today"

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Close. The toilet after some taco smells, that junk runs right through ya, but for $2 you can feed the family.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Duh.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Define "safe", and who's using it?
View Quote

Safe meaning the fed can't break it, just like any reasonable definition of safe.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A year ago, took 3min to solve a 10,000yr problem.
Google is better than the govt?
You make people laugh, but that's a good thing, you are not the one they worry about.

Why do people here get all worked up when this type of chatter hits the screen?
View Quote

Not really.

They took three minutes to solve a three day problem.

And people get worked up when somebody shows up and spouts pure, unadulterated bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That should tell you all you need to know about OP's knowledge and expertise on the matter.
View Quote

No one stopping you from adding BS lies to the thread.
Chucky Schmucker uses a old flip phone because it does not have the features of a modern day china device, like GPS. I never said he was using it for messaging.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
People actually think they can plot against the gov on the internet and not get ass fucked?

The internet is no fun anymore. Let’s go back to discussing 9 vs 45.

View Quote

Placement > caliber

I give nod to 9 for higher capacity in this matter. Though 45 does just feel better to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes, the Fed can look inside all that "weak" encrypted stuff!

View Quote

Hope they'll enjoy the glowing cocks I'm sending

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Chucky Schmucker uses a old flip phone because it does not have the features of a modern day china device, like GPS. I never said he was using it for messaging.

Carry on.
View Quote
Then please go ahead and answer the question?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on.

Feel free to point out where anything I said was a lie.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I have my old dumb flip phone wrapped in aluminum foil at nearly all times..................

Using a old phone that still works on the cell systems, is a good choice.
Chuck Schumer uses an old flip phone. ;)
Old phones don't protect you from Fed eavesdropping on your calls, but the phone is limited for the Fed, etc. They don't like people who use old phones.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Safe meaning the fed can't break it, just like any reasonable definition of safe.
View Quote

Break what crypto? Crypto you have permission to use, or something other? I dunno, you have qubit computer at home?

Funny how so many people think the Govt is controlling people (which they are), but when it comes to controlling crypto you think it's like breathing air.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Close. The toilet after some taco smells, that junk runs right through ya, but for $2 you can feed the family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bell hasn't been that affordable since the 90s. What kind of Boomerbot are you?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#24]
You all here giving CryptoKnight shit are completely missing the point...whether or not AES256 has been compromised is not something any user on this forum will have any info on (do you have nsa security clearance? Doubt you'd be on arfcom). The minute you do, then you can bet every foreign government will know and this will be big news. So stop acting like you know anything about encryption based on what you read online.

The second point most of you are missing is that it doesn't take a genius to intercept comms on ANY platform. In case you missed it "many signal employees" expressed concern about their platform being used in ways the don't like -- INTERPRETATION -- some soyboi devs want to censor and deplatform conservatives. Willing idealist dev soybois + gov money = backdoor access. If that doesn't work, there's always the XKCD wrench..they don't have to break encryption to spy on you, they just need willing developers.

Assume all your comms are compromised is the only takeaway.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not really.

They took three minutes to solve a three day problem.

And people get worked up when somebody shows up and spouts pure, unadulterated bullshit.
View Quote

Care to show 3min vs 3day?

3 minutes 20 seconds versus 10,000 years... Google reaches QUANTUM SUPREMACY.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Feel free to point out where anything I said was a lie.

View Quote

Nothing in there shows where I typed out the English that suggests anything about Schumer using an old flip phone for unencrypted messaging. Or that I was suggesting others to do the same.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Care to show 3min vs 3day?

3 minutes 20 seconds versus 10,000 years... Google reaches QUANTUM SUPREMACY.

View Quote

IBM's response to Google's claim:

" In the paper, it is argued that their device reached “quantum supremacy” and that “a state-of-the-art supercomputer would require approximately 10,000 years to perform the equivalent task.” We argue that an ideal simulation of the same task can be performed on a classical system in 2.5 days and with far greater fidelity. This is in fact a conservative, worst-case estimate, and we expect that with additional refinements the classical cost of the simulation can be further reduced." (emphasis in original)

https://www.ibm.com/blogs/research/2019/10/on-quantum-supremacy/
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know enough about this stuff to know whether or not what you say is accurate.  But I have to ask, if the feds have this type of technology how can people communicate privately and efficiently?  Code speak layered with encrypted comms?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope. I believe they do have info, but will not divulge where they got that info. If they divulge where they got the info from they will divulge a capability they do not want to be know publicly. It's a std practice to not divulge capabilities. However, they also needed to inform the public. To not inform and have an incident occur, is just as bad as Cap PD not preparing even though supposedly they knew something bad was coming.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So OP can't back shit up. In his mind, people use Signal and the feds issued a terror alert, therefore Signal has been compromised.

Truly a dizzying intellect.

OP, has it ever occurred to you that it could have been something else that led to the terror warning, including nothing at all? Especially since in the very same warning the gov intentionally conflagrated the 1/6 riots with the left wing riots that have occurred over the summer and fall?

So do you think "white supremacists" are planning terror plots, and the gov is warning us instead of visiting the people talking about it? LOL. It's all a bunch of propaganda so they can label any action at all as terrorism if they want to.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You all here giving CryptoKnight shit are completely missing the point...whether or not AES256 has been compromised is not something any user on this forum will have any info on. The minute you do, then you can bet every foreign government will know and this will be big news. So stop acting like you know anything about encryption based on what you read online.

The second point most of you are missing is that it doesn't take a genius to intercept comms on ANY platform. In case you missed it "many signal employees" expressed concern about their platform being used in ways the don't like -- INTERPRETATION -- some soyboi devs want to censor and deplatform conservatives. Willing idealist dev soybois + gov money = backdoor access. If that doesn't work, there's always the XKCD wrench..they don't have to break encryption to spy on you, they just need willing developers.

View Quote

The light will someday turn on for so many. It's cool. This topic is probably now exhausted with this group of folks.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know enough about this stuff to know whether or not what you say is accurate.  But I have to ask, if the feds have this type of technology how can people communicate privately and efficiently?  Code speak layered with encrypted comms?
View Quote

In the OP's fantasy world, you can't. Because the government probably has some super duper, secret squirrel satellite that can listen to your whispered, person to person conversations in real time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So do you think "white supremacists" are planning terror plots, and the gov is warning us instead of visiting the people talking about it? LOL. It's all a bunch of propaganda so they can label any action at all as terrorism if they want to.
View Quote

I dunno who. The Fed will label it to fit whatever BS narrative they are pushing on any given day or hour.
Just a short time ago the 6ft covid rule was only if you did not mask, then it was if you could not mask Today the 6ft rule is like toilet paper and you should dbl mask your head. The Fed is very dumb in many ways.

But again, that's not the point.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#33]
SYSTEM MESSAGE

OP is ....

(you know)

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Well this is entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I dunno who. The Fed will label it to fit whatever BS narrative they are pushing on any given day or hour.
Just a short time ago the 6ft covid rule was only if you did not mask, then it was if you could not mask Today the 6ft rule is like toilet paper and you should dbl mask your head. The Fed is very dumb in many ways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An herein lies the catch-22:

1) Restrict 1st amendment
2) The oppressed go into digital underground to speak their minds
3) Frustrated about not being able to speak freely, the rhetoric turns seditious/violent
4) Gov alphabets pour resources into digging incriminating speech
5) The more deplatforms/arrests/raids the more frustrated the oppressed become
6) And so on and so forth until the fire grows out of control
7) Impasse between the parties involved
8) Violence.

The sad part about all of this?

It could have all been avoided if the 1st wasn't restricted. Trust is the foundation of any government. No trust, no peace. And before we go off on the left, remember who signed the patriot act.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#36]
My take:

Some months ago, some guy in Portland used a mobile hotspot to get info/ names etc about a whole bunch of Antifa/Blm. If he could do it, the Feds were already on it.
I am going to go out on a limb and say that those people shifted to secure apps.

I think they could still be "tracked" by cell phone /metadata even though they might not have read every transmitted message, but through one end of a comprised phone/ location to location tracking/ cell# to Cell# tracking/metadata tracking.

Jan 6, it seems everybody that's been arrested is because they selfied themselves and put it on Facebook twitter, and that's how the news put it out. I am sure that they got a few from phone taps/warrants/breaking coms. But they can't say that.
So, not only did a bunch of Marxists switch, but a bunch of the right switch to signal and others. The Feds don't seem to be concerned about marixsts, but now that the right has switched, they seem to be worried. Now they will have to expose their hand to use any data.

Now I think they can justify switching computer time over to watching secure app users.

So basically, You can be tracked and comms aren't really secure.

And this.

(ldl7071) "Besides, imagine if the government had done this. The government would be able to read every piece of information the Chinese and the Russians produce, for the next decade or two (or however long it takes the rest of the planet to catch up with their magic computer). That's the kind of breakthrough that they wouldn't tip their hand on. Even if people were planning assassinations of elected officials, it's far more likely that the NSA would consider those officials expendable in order to keep their technological advantage. They aren't going to disclose that they have broken cryptography in order to arrest a guy with a 30-round magazine in New York."

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Break what crypto? Crypto you have permission to use, or something other? I dunno, you have qubit computer at home?

Funny how so many people think the Govt is controlling people (which they are), but when it comes to controlling crypto you think it's like breathing air.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.askideas.com%2Fmedia%2F37%2FFunny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif&f=1&nofb=1

View Quote

I'm not sure you understand what math is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.askideas.com%2Fmedia%2F37%2FFunny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif&f=1&nofb=1

You got a license for those prime numbers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Correct, it's a fools mistake to use the net for such nefarious things.

I was just giving a warning to this all-of-a-sudden Fed warning notice about some Nat Terror plotting going on. There's no chatter of it anywhere, yet the Fed announces a warning like that?

The Fed are heavily scrubbing internet data, and encryption is no match for them.

So, again, if anyone is using Signal, this thread is your warning. If you don't want to be easily heard, don't use Signal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People actually think they can plot against the gov on the internet and not get ass fucked?

The internet is no fun anymore. Let’s go back to discussing 9 vs 45.

Correct, it's a fools mistake to use the net for such nefarious things.

I was just giving a warning to this all-of-a-sudden Fed warning notice about some Nat Terror plotting going on. There's no chatter of it anywhere, yet the Fed announces a warning like that?

The Fed are heavily scrubbing internet data, and encryption is no match for them.

So, again, if anyone is using Signal, this thread is your warning. If you don't want to be easily heard, don't use Signal.

Encryption is a MAJOR problem for the feds, and most of it is beyond their reach.

As for Signal, when Google sends the feds how many times Signal has been downloaded since the 6th, they automatically assume that it's those pesky white nationalist extremists doing it. It couldn't possibly be that folks have awoken to the fact they don't want Big Tech OR Big Brother to know what they are saying to one another. The likelihood of the Feds having broken encryption of Signal is very, very low.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Has this warning been posted in the public domain or are we left to get through second hand accounts?
View Quote

@HIPPO
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How's the food at Quantico these days?
View Quote
Is the cafeteria food at NSOC still terrible?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#43]
10% of Signal users are security nuts.
90% of Signal users are fucking around on their spouse. Or life partner for most of GD.
0% of Signal users are using it for anything nefarious.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Encryption is a MAJOR problem for the feds, and most of it is beyond their reach.

As for Signal, when Google sends the feds how many times Signal has been downloaded since the 6th, they automatically assume that it's those pesky white nationalist extremists doing it. It couldn't possibly be that folks have awoken to the fact they don't want Big Tech OR Big Brother to know what they are saying to one another. The likelihood of the Feds having broken encryption of Signal is very, very low.
View Quote
I just don't want my personal correspondence sitting on who knows whose servers in how many locations.

No matter how innocuous something is, it can be used to "prove" any number of things in an upside-down world.

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
10% of Signal users are security nuts.
90% of Signal users are fucking around on their spouse. Or life partner for most of GD.
0% of Signal users are using it for anything nefarious.
View Quote

what percentage of statistics are made up on the spot?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You all here giving CryptoKnight shit are completely missing the point...whether or not AES256 has been compromised is not something any user on this forum will have any info on (do you have nsa security clearance? Doubt you'd be on arfcom). The minute you do, then you can bet every foreign government will know and this will be big news. So stop acting like you know anything about encryption based on what you read online.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

NONE of us said otherwise - anywhere in the thread

ALL of us DID say that mr first post's statement of

The recent National Terror Threat Warning released by the Fed comes from them analyzing comms of the Signal app. Yes, the Fed can look inside all that "weak" encrypted stuff!

was a load of the sky is falling BS and to show their work - that has not happened yet.

We're now 51 posts into OP's stay here and simple questions like "well, was signal encryption in transit broken in real time or is this a case of idiots not using things correctly" have not been answered....

no shit electronics are compromised
no shit your phone is used against you
no shit your location can be tracked 24/7 if someone wants to
no shit assume all your comms are compromised

NO one in this thread is arguing that

what we are arguing is that mr 1 post here came in dropping shit on, what is almost universally described as one of the top "secure" (note the quotes here) messaging apps... with nothing to back it up.

nothing in this NTAS bulletin says ANYTHING about what he's talking about. Saying that the feds put out a bulletin at the same time people are migrating to signal for multiple reasons (1/6, "big tech" being a bunch of cunts, whatsapp saying they'll share data with Facebook - the biggest move likely...) means that it's compromised.

Could Signal be better (get rid of the phone number requirement being #1) - sure! We're all in agreement there.
Are there better platforms? maybe, maybe not. The best is the one everyone uses.
Are there ways to exploit secure messaging without breaking encryption? yup, sure are.
Are there better ways for the govt/globois/etc to get to you, while you're using "secure" apps, than brute fucking forcing the encryption - you bet your ass.

So again - for CryptoKnight to come in and try to drop "Signal bad - use flip phone" is COMPLETELY ridiculous. The thought that employees of Signal are going to backdoor an open source app and not have it noticed is also pretty laughable. Again, the number of people on Signal who fall under the target of the DHS NTAS are tiny compared to it's worldwide user base. There are easier ways to go about finding and tracking you than that (again, XKCD sums it up perfectly).

and there's plenty of Maryland boys on Arf I'm sure. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

3.4%

Quoted:
I just don't want my personal correspondence sitting on who knows whose servers in how many locations.

No matter how innocuous something is, it can be used to "prove" any number of things in an upside-down world.

Fuck 'em.

This is the point of Signal. Take your data out of big tech as much as possible. Take it out of their spying and collection. Make it as hard as possible for the government to do the same.

If the NSA has you on a target list they already have a camera watching you poop.... just saying
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#48]
That's it. I'm going back to facebook
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I would switch back to paper but my high-school intercepted a note from a girl and it nearly got me suspended.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top