Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2020 7:00:03 AM EDT
Yeah, I know, go see a doctor.  Unless you have beerflu, flu, heart attack or stroke symptoms, no one is seeing shit.

I have a pin-point like pain at the bottom of my shoulder blade.  Best way to describe it, it feels like I have a monster inflamed boil/zit or bad in-grown hair.  There is absolutely nothing there though - no sign of anything.  
It hurts during random movements.  Having it touch/rubbed doesn't really amplify the pain at all.  My wife has rubbed it, no knot or anything.  She's an RN, her wild ass guess is possibly a touch of shingles starting.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Arthritis or bone cancer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arthritis or bone cancer.
View Quote

I'm sold
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like menopause to me.

Have you contacted your PCP? Mine is doing telehealth meetings with videoconferencing software. It’s not perfect since they can’t physically examine you, but it may be able to help.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, I know, go see a doctor.  Unless you have beerflu, flu, heart attack or stroke symptoms, no one is seeing shit.

I have a pin-point like pain at the bottom of my shoulder blade.  Best way to describe it, it feels like I have a monster inflamed boil/zit or bad in-grown hair.  There is absolutely nothing there though - no sign of anything.  
It hurts during random movements.  Having it touch/rubbed doesn't really amplify the pain at all.  My wife has rubbed it, no knot or anything.  She's an RN, her wild ass guess is possibly a touch of shingles starting.  

View Quote
We can get Dr appointments for anything here in the DC area. I imagine you can too. Here, they do a phone screening and if they need to see you, they come out to your car.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Well fuck. Guess I'll be the first one to say it. Dibs on unused toilet paper and guns.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gunshot wound
View Quote

"If somebody shoots me with a .25 I'm  going to be really pissed if I find out about it"
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics of wife.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Any bumps on the body?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn’t even make it to the end of your post before I was thinking shingles.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Halfway through your post I thought shingles.  That’s how it starts with me, like an irritated zit.  Skin may feel irritated like you have a rash but looks fine.  Then the blisters start popping out and then you know you got a pleasant 2-weeks ahead of you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#13]
This has been going on for 2-3 weeks.

At first I thought I just knotted up my back from lifting.  Spent an hour rolling my back around the floor with a softball under me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Virtual doctor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#15]
That's how my shingles started. Some of the most  hellish weeks I've had. Call a doctor!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Voodoo doll.  Start keeping count of the number of pins in wife's sewing kit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Back in 1977 a buddy of mine had the same issue but was on the top shoulder. Ended up going to the doctor after work. The Dr. called the ambulance once he arrived. He was rushed to the OR and died 4 days later due to an infection. Later it was known by the family that his wife was banging people on the side to pay the mortgage. The german shepherd was given to his brother.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Old age.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I’ve had that happen to me on more than one occasion. It never formed a bump and didn’t turn into shingles. Just goes away. Weird
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I went to my dermatology appointment yesterday to find it was canceled... Waited 2 months to go... They are not taking appointments, office is open...

Should not they pay back some premium pay back as they are not giving Services of contract... Health insurance..
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Congratulations.  It's your first period.  Completely normal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Back in 1977 a buddy of mine had the same issue but was on the top shoulder. Ended up going to the doctor after work. The Dr. called the ambulance once he arrived. He was rushed to the OR and died 4 days later due to an infection. Later it was known by the family that his wife was banging people on the side to pay the mortgage. The german shepherd was given to his brother.
View Quote
one of the pleasures of getting older is having a store of anecdotes that are almost but not quite appropriate for any situation
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Hoping it’s not shingles, that’s a long and mostly painful road.
Good luck OP
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Boneitis
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Pretty common site for shingles to present
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol I fucking love your shitposting
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#27]
If it were shingles, wouldn't this have escalated by now?

Been going on for weeks.  Not getting better or worse.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Boneitis
View Quote

He was too busy living that 80s lifestyle to get it treated in time
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Acute male vaginitis.

( probably costochondritis)
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Could be shingles, or it could be Notalgia Paresthetica.

Notalgia paraesthetica (NP) or notalgia paresthetica (also known as "Hereditary localized pruritus", "Posterior pigmented pruritic patch", and "subscapular pruritus"[1]) is a chronic sensory neuropathy. Notalgia paraesthetica is a common localized itch, affecting mainly the area between the shoulder blades (especially the T2–T6 dermatomes) but occasionally with a more widespread distribution, involving the shoulders, back, and upper chest.[2]:402 The characteristic symptom is pruritus (itch or sensation that makes a person want to scratch) on the back, usually on the left hand side below the shoulder blade (mid to upper back). It is occasionally accompanied by pain, paresthesia (pins and needles), or hyperesthesia (unusual or pathologically increased sensitivity of the skin to sensory stimuli, such as pain, heat, cold, or touch), which results in a well circumscribed hyperpigmentation of a skin patch in the affected area.
View Quote

It can be very localized to more widespread.  It is thought to be from entrapment of tiny sensory nerves going through muscle fascia.  It does NOT affect motor nerves and therefore causes no weakness.

Typical locations:

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If it were shingles, wouldn't this have escalated by now?

Been going on for weeks.  Not getting better or worse.
View Quote

Yes, it should only take days.  

While it's possible it's persisting symptoms from a very mild shingles attack, the lack of vesicular eruptions on the skin makes the diagnosis more difficulty.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#33]
There's no itch at all.

If I move the wrong way it feels like someone is trying to pop a monster volcano of a zit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Any chance you got a splinter?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Gout?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#36]
It's either nothing or it's how you die.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Herniated disc, compressing the nerve, making it 'feel' like pain in the shoulder blade area.  Same thing happened to me.  Dehydration or sitting in one place too long, like a 2.5hr movie, makes it seem worse.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There's no itch at all.

If I move the wrong way it feels like someone is trying to pop a monster volcano of a zit.
View Quote

Despite the claims of shingles....

With it being related to motion, its most likely musculoskeletal. You could have a small tear, bone spur, pinched nerve, or a little impingement. If no "pins and needles" or numbness it probably isn't the nerve. Rest the shoulder for a week and take your favorite NSAID (if you don't have Covid, I like Naproxen for joint pain). If that doesn't help, PM me and you can set up a virtual visit with my fiancé (its only $45) and she can call you in a steroid.  

Also, dont forget that shingle pain usually travels along a dermatome. It would most likely be in another spot as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

With it being related to motion, its most likely musculoskeletal. You could have a small tear, bone spur, pinched nerve, or a little impingement. If no "pins and needles" or numbness it probably isn't the nerve. Rest the shoulder for a week and take your favorite NSAID (if you don't have Covid, I like Naproxen for joint pain). If that doesn't help, PM me and you can set up a virtual visit with my fiancé (its only $45) and she can call you in a steroid.  

Also, dont forget that shingle pain usually travels along a dermatome. It would most likely be in another spot as well. https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/3-s2.0-B9780323265119000096-u009-019-9780323265119.jpg?_
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no itch at all.

Also, dont forget that shingle pain usually travels along a dermatome. It would most likely be in another spot as well. https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/3-s2.0-B9780323265119000096-u009-019-9780323265119.jpg?_

Just took advil.  

I'll give it until the end of the week and then I'll take you up on your offer.

My insurance has teledoc, but it's so hit or miss that I've grown to hate it.

I lift weights a lot - usually tear up my shoulders where the bicep tendon inserts and around my clavical.  Never had it under my shoulder blade or so pin-pointed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There's no itch at all.

View Quote

NP can cause anything along the entire spectrum of sensory symptoms, ie. itching, burning, sharp localized pain, dull pain, etc.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just took advil.  

I'll give it until the end of the week and then I'll take you up on your offer.

My insurance has teledoc, but it's so hit or miss that I've grown to hate it.

I lift weights a lot - usually tear up my shoulders where the bicep tendon inserts and around my clavical.  Never had it under my shoulder blade or so pin-pointed.
View Quote

Does it hurt if you extend your arm directly out to your side and someone attempts to push your hand down?

Tendonitis or bursitis are common where you are mentioning, AC joint arthritis is common there if you lift quite a bit. Either way, rest and something to help decrease inflammation will help. Good luck, I've had bilateral RC repair and biceps tenodesis and am back with ant/post labrum tears, bone spurs, and arthritis on one side, was scheduled for surgery but it got cancelled. Shoulder pain is a gripe.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Based on my extensive medical training my diagnosis is that you either have an inflamed infraserratus bursa or I have no idea.

I have sent you an IM which includes an attachment which is my bill. It is payable in TP or CCI SV 22  

Disclaimer: My medical training is not formal, it stems from years of playing a Doctor in the GD.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#43]
My wife is seeing patients all day every day just like normal as long as they are non-symptomatic with the virus. If you have access to an iPad or something where you can FaceTime a local clinic that’s what her place is doing now via their own system so that may be an option for you
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"If somebody shoots me with a .25 I'm  going to be really pissed if I find out about it"
View Quote

Illegal Mexican across the street got capped in the head across the street from my business (according to the deputy Constable) in the cantina parking lot few years back.  Shooter used a .25acp and idiot died with a Bud Light in his hand.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Based on my extensive medical training my diagnosis is that you either have an inflamed infraserratus bursa or I have idea.

I have sent you an IM which includes an attachment which is my bill. It is payable in TP or CCI SV 22  

Disclaimer: My medical training is not formal, it stems from years of playing a Doctor in the GD.
View Quote

You joke but based on his weightlifting history scapulothoracic bursitis is certainly in the differential.

If a televisit is all that's available then give it a shot. I'm not a fan since it eliminates a proper physical exam but means are limited right now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Went to Baylor-St. Lukes in the Medical Center Wednesday.  Made an appointment the day before.  No problems for them seeing me other than getting temperature check in the lobby.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#47]
My wife has a Dr. appointment tomorrow because she passed out Sunday.  Make a call to your Dr.  They will probably hook you up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Called mine yesterday morning with an issue with my ribs. Got me in at 2pm. No issues here...
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Anus cancer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Dibs on guns and ammo, no wait, toilet paper.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top