[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And I will NEVER marry again!
View Quote

That’s the spirit!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of depends, you have to accept the kid comes first.
A bigger issue would be WHY she is single, serviceman husband KIA is a lot different from THOT who got knocked up at a party.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That seems fairly normal and healthy for you.

I would like a juice box after banging Jessica Alba as well.
View Quote
how do you say "post bang lunchable and capri sun pouch" in espanol?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn’t date a single mother because I’m not a lesbian.

If I were a man, there would be a lot of ifs in the scenario. Dating as a fling? I wouldn’t do this, but if one is, whether she’s a mother is largely irrelevant. It’s not meant to be permanent, and you’ll never be a father figure.

Dating to find a wife? Why is she single? Is the kid’s dad involved, and what is his general character? Has she gone to therapy to resolve any issues she may have that lead to her being single as well as any issues that arise from her becoming single? Is she looking for a husband or a paycheck? How does she parent, and can she include you in the parenting picture in a way that lets you be an effective parental authority? How do her children behave? Can she demonstrate respect, constructive conflict, and effective conflict resolution skills?

It’s always going to be more complicated than dating someone with no kids in tow. It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker on its own.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i want my HookSingleMotherTM to resemble dark angel era jessica alba and not speak a word of english and chatter away at me en espanol the entire time before shooing me out post bang with the lunchable and capri sun pouch and some granola bars and a cookie.

View Quote

Juice would be appropriate because her gut looks like a fucking orange peel. Gross.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely, and currently dating a single mom. At 48, I don't want one that hasn't been married before or without kids. Huge red flag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t date a single mother because I’m not a lesbian.

If I were a man, there would be a lot of ifs in the scenario. Dating as a fling? I wouldn’t do this, but if one is, whether she’s a mother is largely irrelevant. It’s not meant to be permanent, and you’ll never be a father figure.

Dating to find a wife? Why is she single? Is the kid’s dad involved, and what is his general character? Has she gone to therapy to resolve any issues she may have that lead to her being single as well as any issues that arise from her becoming single? Is she looking for a husband or a paycheck? How does she parent, and can she include you in the parenting picture in a way that lets you be an effective parental authority? How do her children behave? Can she demonstrate respect, constructive conflict, and effective conflict resolution skills?

It’s always going to be more complicated than dating someone with no kids in tow. It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker on its own.
View Quote

Exactly. That is a lot of work to try to figure out (and whatever im told is being taken with a HUGE grain of salt) when you can move on to the next and not have to deal with any of that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Juice would be appropriate because her gut looks like a fucking orange peel. Gross.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]
sure but I mean, she'd have to be ten times more charming than that Arnold on Green Acres.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope! I have and wouldn’t ever do it again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]

The Fellas - Thot Mommies (Music Video)
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No.

I have options. I dont have to settle for that. I can see a lot of ways it will suck more than an relationship with one who isnt, and there is no plus side.
View Quote

@CastleBravo91
I’m curious.  Are you saying you’d hold out for a woman who was never married or someone divorced with no kids, or are you saying something else?  You didn’t state your age.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Default answer is no, however I could imagine very limited circumstances where it could happen (I.e., she was widowed, so no baby daddy drama).
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd love to say that I've learned from my past mistakes, but honestly I probably haven't.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’d love to say that I’ve learned from my past mistakes, but honestly I probably haven’t.
View Quote

You still post in GD, so that is obvious
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Depends on a lot of things dad around? age of kid? mom financially stable? number of kids?   For me one kid not in diapers dad gone and mom has a decent job I would consider it. Three kids dad around all the time and mom drawing a check is a big no for me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@CastleBravo91
I’m curious.  Are you saying you’d hold out for a woman who was never married or someone divorced with no kids, or are you saying something else?  You didn’t state your age.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I have options. I dont have to settle for that. I can see a lot of ways it will suck more than an relationship with one who isnt, and there is no plus side.

@CastleBravo91

You would need to piss on the kids to establish dominance, which would most likely interfere with the relationship between you and the mom negatively.

How do women not know these things
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Chances are slim it will be a good move.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#20]
INB4 "Irish twins"

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I married a single mom of three kids when I was in my early 30s. Looking back it was the worst decision of my life. Well, one of them anyway.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
hard no
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I married a single mom of three kids when I was in my early 30s. Looking back it was the worst decision of my life. Well, one of them anyway.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#24]
You will always have a connection to your ex whom you formed a child with. I wouldn't 100% write off dating a single mom, but it's not a good bet.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP:  you gonna shoplift the pootie or what, babe?

@beitodesstrafe
@WhiskersTheCat

View Quote

SHOP

LIFT

THE

POOTIE
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

SHOP

LIFT

THE

POOTIE
View Quote
POOTIE

SHOPLIFTED

(mebe)
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't date women but, dating a guy with kids would be dependent on several things.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't date women but, dating a guy with kids would be dependent on several things.

View Quote

Mainly if he's bad ass
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#29]
No, at this time I would not consider it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

outlier here apparently.

dated and married a single mom 26 years ago.   still going strong - no issues.  

the 'you'll never be #1' thing is overblown.  didn't need my wife to tie my shoes for me...   we found a good balance.

i will say this though -- some details DO matter.  the age / mental state of the child.   is the ex a dirtbag.  how 'strong' is the woman.  getting on the same page in terms of discipline, etc.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a question for you all............
Would you date a single mom? If so inclined, please explain your reasoning.
View Quote

10 reasons not to date a single mother:

1. You will always be her last priority. Her children will come first, her dog second and you will be last.

2.  The children will never respect you and they will always tell you, "you're not my real dad"

3.  Her scumbag ex will always be in the picture and you will have to interact with him.

4.  She will always hold a torch for her scumbag ex and she may cheat on you with him.

5.  If you have a good relationship with the child, when the woman leaves you--as she eventually will--you will also lose the relationship with the child.

6. She will expect you to support her children. Why should you pay for another man's child?

7. Why did she leave her ex? If the ex was a bad man, then you know that she has bad judgment. If she left a good man, then you know that she's a bad woman

8. Why is she a single mom? Did she intentionally get pregnant in an effort to trap the father into marriage? If so maybe she will do the same thing to you

9.  If she intentionally got pregnant as a single mother, what does this tell you about her lack of judgment?

10. If a single mother wants you, chances are that she wants you not as a man but as an insurance policy for her children.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Mainly if he's bad ass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mainly if he's bad ass

My definition of a badass, heck yeah.

I doubt the GD would agree with me on what that means though
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a question for you all............
Would you date a single mom? If so inclined, please explain your reasoning.
View Quote

Engaged to one. I’m a single father. Wasn’t my first choice but unfortunately women in their 30s that do not have children all wanted to as their biological clock was ticking.. my sons a teenager I’m done having kids, in my 40s.

My fiancé is not my top priority, my son is and she knows it. And I don’t expect to be hers. Works for us. It will change when the kids are older but for now we make it work.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I did some science with women in my early 20s. The one question I got a 100% positive response to was this:

If you're at the beach and someone yells shark and a you see a guy run towards the water with a knife in his teeth and then after a few minutes he drags a dead shark he knifed onto the beach slightly out of breath, then points at you and says "You. Come on let's go" are you going to go with that guy?

100% yes

Are you going to sleep with that guy?

Weakest answer was "probably"
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
can you afford to be that picky, my dude?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And you shouldn't be. If my wife died/divorced the new fling damn sure wouldn't be more important than my kids.

You're logic is completely fucked up.
View Quote

Um, I didn't say it was bad, just that it is.  It's a good thing to be aware of going in.

My logic is 100% on target.  Your reading something into my observation was fucked up though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Mainly if he's bad ass
View Quote
bad ass single dad would appeal to 20 year old women with daddy issues.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

outlier here apparently.

dated and married a single mom 26 years ago.   still going strong - no issues.  

the 'you'll never be #1' thing is overblown.  didn't need my wife to tie my shoes for me...   we found a good balance.

i will say this though -- some details DO matter.  the age / mental state of the child.   is the ex a dirtbag.  how 'strong' is the woman.  getting on the same page in terms of discipline, etc.
View Quote

This and so much this

and on the second part...

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I did some science with women in my early 20s. The one question I got a 100% positive response to was this:

If you're at the beach and someone yells shark and a you see a guy run towards the water with a knife in his teeth and then after a few minutes he drags a dead shark he knifed onto the beach slightly out of breath, then points at you and says "You. Come on let's go" are you going to go with that guy?

100% yes

Are you going to sleep with that guy?

Weakest answer was "probably"
View Quote
whiskers

brah

i'm working this into a future safety share.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm 46, the Brazilian GF is 40 and has a 10 year old son.

She made me a priority when I was there visiting them.

The reality is, women around the age that I would date, that want to date me, are going to likely be divorced and have kids.

You just have to find a good one that doesn't have a shit attitude about relationships.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm 46, the Brazilian GF is 40 and has a 10 year old son.

She made me a priority when I was there visiting them.

The reality is, women around the age that I would date, that want to date me, are going to likely be divorced and have kids.

You just have to find a good one that doesn't have a shit attitude about relationships.
View Quote
are you jerry maquire?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#43]
No.  I chose not to have kids already, hell my marriage went south partially because she got baby fever and I had already told her 6 years previous I didn't want children.

I don't want to raise anyone else's kids, took a soft try at it and when she left me, I'm guessing her daughter was like "hey, where did he go?".  Nope, not my deal.  Course, at my age many women are dating after they were married for 10 years and had 2+ kids.  Nope, not my thing, I'm sure someone else out there is good for it though.

Funny enough, back when I was dating and not jaded, the ones who always wanted to get laid on the first date were the single moms.  The ones who didn't have kids were much less captive to their desires, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Depends if the dad is still in the picture. No dad no problem. Im not putting up with coparenting bs again and having to plan my weekends around baby daddy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Funny enough, back when I was dating and not jaded, the ones who always wanted to get laid on the first date were the single moms.  The ones who didn't have kids were much less captive to their desires, so to speak.
View Quote
single moms gotta get fresh ding dong whilst they can, brotherman.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's your unpickiness working out for you?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I was going to add, but forgot... if you're under 35 or so... yeah, I'd avoid single moms. You're likely going to be looking at women a few years younger. Finding one without kids shouldn't be too difficult.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How's your unpickiness working out for you?  
View Quote
i gave up a long time ago.

focusing on saving as much money as possible and getting out of the rat race before merica collapses and/or civil war II starts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did say "not at this time". I may reconsider in the future, but I have my reasons right now.

I also don't think much good comes from abandoning one's not-unreasonable standards out of desperation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I did say "not at this time". I may reconsider in the future, but I have my reasons right now.

I also don't think much good comes from abandoning one's not-unreasonable standards out of desperation.
View Quote
define your "not unreasonable standards" for the class please.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top