Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/6/2023 5:56:02 AM EDT
I don’t know what kind of magic this concoction is made of but it really does work every bit as well as advertised and it really does give you 12 odor-free hours, if not longer…

Sour smelling feet, shwetty balls, stinky swamp ass and stanky armpits are all a thing of the past and don’t stand a chance against this stuff. It’s as surprisingly effective as Rain-X is and I didn’t believe their commercials either until I tried it for myself. This stuff is legit and is a personal hygiene game changer

Has anyone else tried it yet?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo Part 89: Swamp Ass Deodorant Boogaloo.

Wait, what was the question again?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t tried it. Which do you use? Cream or bar? Unscented or fragrance?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll give it a shot, sounds interesting
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
"I wanna dip my balls in it!"
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
But those commercials...

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]
anyone know of something like this for excessive sweating????  that would be great
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#8]
How about good ol' soap & water?

Lather, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don’t know what kind of magic this concoction is made of but it really does work every bit as well as advertised and it really does give you 12 odor-free hours, if not longer…

Sour smelling feet, shwetty balls, stinky swamp ass and stanky armpits are all a thing of the past and don’t stand a chance against this stuff. It’s as surprisingly effective as Rain-X is and I didn’t believe their commercials either until I tried it for myself. This stuff is legit and is a personal hygiene game changer

View Quote

For me, it is the McChicken...
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lume¯ Active Ingredients:

Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate emollient
PPG-15 Stearyl Ether emollient
Zea Mays (Corn) Starch viscosity controlling, abrasive/?scrub
Ozokerite viscosity controlling
Stearyl Alcohol emollient, viscosity controlling, emulsifying, surfactant/?cleansing
Isododecane emollient, solvent
Isopentyldiol solvent, moisturizer/?humectant, emollient
Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder
Lauryl Laurate
Mandelic Acid exfoliant, antimicrobial/?antibacterial

emollient  -> Skin softening while the Corn Starch and Root powder absorb moisture and add body/filler to the product.

Deodorants are generally anti-bacterial / antimicrobial solutions in various forms to hold it next to skin and stop the stinky bacteria from eating your sweat and farting Body Odor. That last one is the Active Active ingredient.  What reason to use it instead of Old Spice or Axe?

This likely works somewhat, as compared to the "Crystal" deodorants which are just Alum in a pretty package.  Alum has been used as a deodorant for a long time but it rinses off quick with sweat and loses effectiveness essentially immediately if you sweat.  

Antiperspirants are more effective, especially if used with something antimicrobial (Like Alum or Mandelic Acid and lots of others).

View Quote

Sounds like you know a lot about this kind of stuff, so let me ask you...

Is there a type of bacteria on people's skin that causes them to have severe - I'm talking, "knock you over from ten feet away" - body odor?

I have encountered two such individuals standing in line in a store in the last few months.  Otherwise normal looking men, not dirty looking.

But the smell was so bad I had to wash my face with soap and hot water when I got home, to get it off of my nose.

What causes that?

Again, these appeared to be otherwise normal people, not homeless.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wanted to try the unscented cream and google showed Target had the best prices but they were out of stock so I grabbed the Clean Tangerine scented Smooth Solid.

I’ve been a Mitchum gel guy for decades as it’s the been the only thing on the market that works for me but Lume impressed me enough to try some on my feet, which worked so well I tried it everywhere else…

If you’ve ever had a pair of underwear stink from your asscrack after a long sweaty day this is the cure for sure
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not an expert, just a topic I read about once.

Yes.  Body Flora can change a lot based on environment and diet.  Only way to wipe it out is something like Dettol soap and then acquiring a different strain of bacteria, like have a girl lay on clean sheets then jump on the sheets immediately after shower.  Need to run sanitizer on clothing and shower fully once or twice a day and eventually the bacteria from people you associate with will seed your body which then goes to rugs/towels/bedding which can't be helped, it's how we work, from stomach to skin we have a lot of mutually beneficial bacteria keeping us going.

Whichever bacteria strain gets the majority foothold will determine the odor, some are rank and some are just "musky" and there's some that are different.  Similar to why crotch rot is more rank than upper body sweat due to the more humid environment, different bacteria make the majority.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lume¯ Active Ingredients:

Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate emollient
PPG-15 Stearyl Ether emollient
Zea Mays (Corn) Starch viscosity controlling, abrasive/?scrub
Ozokerite viscosity controlling
Stearyl Alcohol emollient, viscosity controlling, emulsifying, surfactant/?cleansing
Isododecane emollient, solvent
Isopentyldiol solvent, moisturizer/?humectant, emollient
Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder
Lauryl Laurate
Mandelic Acid exfoliant, antimicrobial/?antibacterial

emollient  -> Skin softening while the Corn Starch and Root powder absorb moisture and add body/filler to the product.

Deodorants are generally anti-bacterial / antimicrobial solutions in various forms to hold it next to skin and stop the stinky bacteria from eating your sweat and farting Body Odor. That last one is the Active Active ingredient.  What reason to use it instead of Old Spice or Axe?

This likely works somewhat, as compared to the "Crystal" deodorants which are just Alum in a pretty package.  Alum has been used as a deodorant for a long time but it rinses off quick with sweat and loses effectiveness essentially immediately if you sweat.  

Antiperspirants are more effective, especially if used with something antimicrobial (Like Alum or Mandelic Acid and lots of others).

Is there a type of bacteria on people's skin that causes them to have severe - I'm talking, "knock you over from ten feet away" - body odor?

I have encountered two such individuals standing in line in a store in the last few months.  Otherwise normal looking men, not dirty looking.

But the smell was so bad I had to wash my face with soap and hot water when I got home, to get it off of my nose.

What causes that?

Not an expert, just a topic I read about once.

Yes.  Body Flora can change a lot based on environment and diet.  Only way to wipe it out is something like Dettol soap and then acquiring a different strain of bacteria, like have a girl lay on clean sheets then jump on the sheets immediately after shower.  Need to run sanitizer on clothing and shower fully once or twice a day and eventually the bacteria from people you associate with will seed your body which then goes to rugs/towels/bedding which can't be helped, it's how we work, from stomach to skin we have a lot of mutually beneficial bacteria keeping us going.

Whichever bacteria strain gets the majority foothold will determine the odor, some are rank and some are just "musky" and there's some that are different.  Similar to why crotch rot is more rank than upper body sweat due to the more humid environment, different bacteria make the majority.

Thanks. I was thinking of making a thread about this, to see if maybe a nurse might know, since I was curious.

Neither of these dudes seemed to be aware of how bad they smelled but it was like a cloud from ten feet away.

It wasn't just normal funk that anyone could get after working hard and sweating and needing a shower.  This was FAR worse.  Hard to describe, but maybe "like rotting meat."

I figure it has to be a certain bacteria strain.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What causes that?

View Quote

I worked with one of those. Boss man had to take it to HR. HR woman ended up boinking him, well, and several others. That is another story. He could stink up the cube farm area of about 1000 square feet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Am I the only one that finds the blond doctor on the commercials that invited this stuff sexy?  When she says pits, under-boob, thigh fold and butt crack...that drives me crazy.  She looks thick but damn pretty and sexy....just saying, it is early on the morning  And I have a long day of yard work ahead of me
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wanted to try the unscented cream and google showed Target had the best prices but they were out of stock so I grabbed the Clean Tangerine scented Smooth Solid.

I’ve been a Mitchum gel guy for decades as it’s the been the only thing on the market that works for me but Lume impressed me enough to try some on my feet, which worked so well I tried it everywhere else…

If you’ve ever had a pair of underwear stink from your asscrack after a long sweaty day this is the cure for sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is a shower.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#18]
If I'm concerned about whether I stink or not I'm taking a shower.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speaking of which, have you tried an A:B comparison between Lume and Rain-X?

In theory, it ought to work.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Considering how their marketing scheme consists of massive spam emailing this company can completely fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that finds the blond doctor on the commercials that invited this stuff sexy?  When she says pits, under-boob, thigh fold and butt crack...that drives me crazy.  She looks thick but damn pretty and sexy....just saying, it is early on the morning  And I have a long day of yard work ahead of me
View Quote

I too think she’s attractive. I made a thread a few weeks back stating she appears to have some nice boobage and the responses disagreed with my thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]
OPs pussy no longer stinks!

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dig here a bit depending on the commercial. There is one where she looks a little down. Keep waiting for the “butt caress” motion to finish. It never comes but I do!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
anyone know of something like this for excessive sweating????  that would be great
View Quote

Hyperhidrosis, talk to your physician
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sir, this is a Wendy's ...  
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Is it better than Lectric Shave?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I dig here a bit depending on the commercial. There is one where she looks a little down. Keep waiting for the “butt caress” motion to finish. It never comes but I do!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She looks better in the one where she’s wearing blue as opposed to the one where she’s wearing white.  She has crazy eyes in both.
I would check out her thigh folds and underboob for sure.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I find the woman on the commercials disturbingly repellant.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I have been using native for the last month or so. I was surprised how good it works. I'm trying to find something that doesn't ruin my t shirts like the aluminum crap does.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#30]
In before it rots your Taint and turns you into a wack-a-doo-doo like the chick in the commercials who obviously has been eating the stuff. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Try basic hygiene.  Take a shower a couple times a week.  Your lazy maintenance just needs to be not lazy.

This is like the people who don't wear underwear, then have their ass exposed to innocent bystanders every time they bend over.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have been using native for the last month or so. I was surprised how good it works. I'm trying to find something that doesn't ruin my t shirts like the aluminum crap does.
View Quote

I recently switched to Native after using aluminum antiperspirant my whole life.  It is working surprisingly well.  I am a very heavy sweater too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#33]
In current news, OP stinks- film at 11
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So is a shower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is a shower.

Not after 12 hours of sweating your ass off it isn’t
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I recently switched to Native after using aluminum antiperspirant my whole life.  It is working surprisingly well.  I am a very heavy sweater too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it anti perspirent or deodorant?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Try basic hygiene.  Take a shower a couple times a week.  Your lazy maintenance just needs to be not lazy.

This is like the people who don't wear underwear, then have their ass exposed to innocent bystanders every time they bend over.
View Quote

I shower once or twice a day every day, every day lol. That has nothing to do with it
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How about good ol' soap & water?

Lather, rinse, repeat.
View Quote
This. Sad that people actually have to be told this.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try Mitchum clear gel. I prefer the Mountain or Sport scents over their unscented if you don’t want to try Lume. Neither will leave stains

@SlowpokeRodriguez
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought you could wash with just water and a wash rag, no soap or shampoo.

No deodorant either.

Doesn't deodorant cause cancer?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#41]
No I haven't tried it but I'm also not a Hippy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I thought you could wash with just water and a wash rag, no soap or shampoo.

No deodorant either.

Doesn't deodorant cause cancer?
View Quote

You can also use plain old baking soda instead of soap and shampoo. I know someone who does that and he doesn’t stink either…
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Tried the unscented solid on a whim via Shamazon due to their liberal return policies. Glad I did, too. It REEKED like the worst BO ever right out of the package. I showered, applied it thinking it would dissipate and the wife from 6' away at the other end of the sectional asked "what is that smell? Eww"  Think the slime and funk left in an old dumpster after it's been emptied in August and that was it. Straight up revolting.

I waited an hour, and it just got worse. I then went and immediately got another shower to get the funk off of me that Lume was. Looking at the reviews afterwards, I'm not the only one who found it gag inducing upon opening the packaging for it. I returned it the next day. Yeah, they wanted used deodorant returned, lol. I should have had a biohazard label attached to that box of nastiness when I returned it.

YMMV, and apparently does.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Summer’s Eve
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Yes, it really works.  My test was putting it on one morning after my bath, going for a 1.5 mile walk in the Texas heat that afternoon, skipping a bath that evening and checking the next morning 24 hours post application.  Zero odor.  Like, nose touching my armpit and really TRYING to smell something.  

Not fat and smelly.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tried the unscented solid on a whim via Shamazon due to their liberal return policies. Glad I did, too. It REEKED like the worst BO ever right out of the package. I showered, applied it thinking it would dissipate and the wife from 6' away at the other end of the sectional asked "what is that smell? Eww"  Think the slime and funk left in an old dumpster after it's been emptied in August and that was it. Straight up revolting.

I waited an hour, and it just got worse. I then went and immediately got another shower to get the funk off of me that Lume was. Looking at the reviews afterwards, I'm not the only one who found it gag inducing upon opening the packaging for it. I returned it the next day. Yeah, they wanted used deodorant returned, lol. I should have had a biohazard label attached to that box of nastiness when I returned it.

YMMV, and apparently does.
View Quote

They have a new unscented formulation I haven't tried yet but the original DOES stink right out of the tube.  IMO it smells like rotting vegetation or something but on me it went away within just a few seconds of application.  I like the Coconut Crush, personally.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You take a “bath” in the morning?

That IS in keeping with my Lume impression.

View Quote

Depends.  I take a bath whenever I feel like it.  If I'm running errands it's in the morning.  If I'm home all day it's usually late afternoon before my husband gets home.  And always before bed if other activities are expected.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks. I was thinking of making a thread about this, to see if maybe a nurse might know, since I was curious.

Neither of these dudes seemed to be aware of how bad they smelled but it was like a cloud from ten feet away.

It wasn't just normal funk that anyone could get after working hard and sweating and needing a shower.  This was FAR worse.  Hard to describe, but maybe "like rotting meat."

I figure it has to be a certain bacteria strain.
View Quote

I used to work with a dude like that.  We did some hunting and fishing.  One time he got into my truck with his hair still wet from the shower and smelled like ass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top