Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surviving 3 hits is pretty damn miraculous.
View Quote

Lots of people survive more. There was a Fulton county police shooting many years ago that was not fatal and had 10 or 11 hits on target. There was a recent news story about a guy in Birmingham that was shot 10 times in separate incidents sadly number 11 was his last one. He almost made it
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are the bad guys now?
View Quote
Unidentified as yet, possibly never. This neighborhood is really bad, an uninhabited house will have the water heater stolen within a few days.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Unidentified as yet, possibly never. This neighborhood is really bad, an uninhabited house will have the water heater stolen within a few days.
View Quote
Alright so that narrows it down to pretty much any neighborhood in Memphis proper
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bullets do weird shit. I've seen people get shot in the head, only to have their dreadlocks deflect the round enough to prevent it from being fatal. I've seen people get shot in the head and it's lights out right away. Kind of a crap shoot.

For OP, your boy is lucky as shit. Is he the world's deepest sleeper or did the home invaders have an easy way in?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is real?

How the hell did he survive a close range shot to the back of the skull?

Is he superhuman?  

Is he a big Russian looking guy, or a big black guy?

It defies explanation.

That guys a Terminator.  I certainly wouldn't mess with him.
Bullets do weird shit. I've seen people get shot in the head, only to have their dreadlocks deflect the round enough to prevent it from being fatal. I've seen people get shot in the head and it's lights out right away. Kind of a crap shoot.

For OP, your boy is lucky as shit. Is he the world's deepest sleeper or did the home invaders have an easy way in?
Yup. You can never predict 100% what a gun shot is going to do. Had an aunt and uncle both shot in a home invasion ( he was dealing Coke ). 12 gauge shotgun, he got shot at close range in the arm, nearly severing his arm below the elbow, his wife grabbed a .38 revolver and returned fire, ineffective. Invaders backed off momentarily while she shot at them, then when the shooting stopped they figured she was out of ammo and went back in. Put her on her knees and shot her in the back of the head with the same shotgun. The birdshot they used tore all of the scalp off the back of her head but didn't penetrate her skull. She fell over and they assumed she was dead, grabbed what they came for and left.

She managed to get outside and flagged down a passing car for help. She lived, he bled out and died.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you let me know which hospital he's at I could probably validate this whole story for you and everyone else on arf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I visited him in the ICU and saw the wounds. They wounds are legitimate, the docs visiting are astounded, one doc said that in 10 years in the trauma center he has never seen anything like it.
If you let me know which hospital he's at I could probably validate this whole story for you and everyone else on arf
If the wounds are as OP described, he was taken to The Med most definitely
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe he shouldn't be hitting people with pipes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
White guy, in his 20's, not big at all, slim build, 5' 10" or so, yeah, pipe hitter.
No dag or alarm, this family has lived in this house for decades, the neighborhood has gone down hill pretty seriously in that time, but they have never had a problem and from all accounts are on good terms with everyone.

No idea if he hit anyone or not.
Maybe he shouldn't be hitting people with pipes
No, that means he hits the crack pipe.  Get it right, bro.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes Regional Trauma Center, but I am not going to post his name here, will wait for the news story if it even comes out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife told a story she heard in med school about a man walking into the ER looking like he had been beat in the head badly. He drove himself to the hospital that way from the parking lot of some bar.
When they started working on him they found he had been shot in the head with a 22 7 or 8 times. He lived but had some permanent damage with his vision.
Still this story is a little hard to believe. Regardless, I wish no one to suffer from a gunshot.
Kill cleanly when you shoot someone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Your friends skull is bullet proof.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My wife told a story she heard in med school about a man walking into the ER looking like he had been beat in the head badly. He drove himself to the hospital that way from the parking lot of some bar.
When they started working on him they found he had been shot in the head with a 22 7 or 8 times. He lived but had some permanent damage with his vision.
Still this story is a little hard to believe. Regardless, I wish no one to suffer from a gunshot.
Kill cleanly when you shoot someone.
View Quote
My mom (ER RN) has similar stories, young kid shot in the forehead, exit wound at the back of his skull, lived to tell the tale.

One woman drove herself to the ER with a steak knife burried to the handle in her eye on Halloween night.

There are some crazy stories out there for sure..
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty sure he wasn't asleep, but knocked unconcious when he was shot... then came to after.

Either way, glad your buddy is alive and my the perps die.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
You all sure are have gay old time discussing the origin of the phrase "pipe hitter".
I think you all are funny.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My mom (ER RN) has similar stories, young kid shot in the forehead, exit wound at the back of his skull, lived to tell the tale.
View Quote
The 25 ACP was known for that. The slug would track around the skull, under the scalp.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Your friends skull is bullet proof.
View Quote
No need to install a metal plate...
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Your friends skull is bullet proof resistant.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You all sure are have gay old time discussing the origin of the phrase "pipe hitter".
View Quote
So, where does Hoosier come from? What's it mean?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not the way you think they do.  And of the burglaries and home robberies  where the suspect knows someone is home, they usually know them or know they are criminals too.  Not saying that's the case here,  but as described, this is extremely rare.
View Quote
Explain to me the way I think a home invasion do that is not really a how a home invasion do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hey now...
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#19]
A testament to the ineffectiveness of the .38. I remember an old case in Louisiana where a police officer (armed with a .38 Special revolver back then) and his partner went to a disturbance call and the suspect immediately grabbed and ripped the partner's .38 Special revolver out of her leather holster (tearing the threads of the holster), shot and killed her and the other officer drew his revolver and shot the suspect in the head, penetrating the skull and causing the suspect to drop the revolver he was holding. The suspect only dropped the revolver and was able to immediately grab the officer's arm and started a struggle for the officer's gun. The officer was able to get another shot off into the suspect's chest (rib cage area)and the suspect remarked "you got me good that time" and continued to struggle for the officer's gun. Eventually the suspect passed out, just before the officer was about to.

I'd never own a .38 Special and have a .357 magnum that I would never put a .38 Special in to shoot. I don't even own any .38 Special rounds. My other revolver is a .41 magnum. My EDC is a 10mm. And, like others have asked, does he not have an alarm system? I wouldn't want to be without one. When I go to sleep I turn on my alarm system and I place an obstacle in from of my closed bedroom door (to wake me up), just in case a professional burglar is able to bypass my alarm and quietly get into my home without me hearing him. My alarm system is cellular based with a battery back up, so that makes it that much more difficult for a burglar to bypass the alarm (like cutting the external phone wires or shutting off the power).
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag for more info...Your friend is very lucky
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Hoosier daddy?"

"Damned if I know."
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, but that's not what happened here.  Ohio has it right.
Then explain the Pipe Hitters Union poster.
It's wrong.
Well, who can argue with logic like that.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#23]
... poor fella,  sounds like the Lord was with him that day
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, but that's not what happened here.  Ohio has it right.
Then explain the Pipe Hitters Union poster.
It's wrong.

Sometimes it's just that simple.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
They have never had a problem with their neighbors and possibly have been lulled into a false sense of security. Also, money is very tight and to some an alarm system seems to be a frivolous and unnecessary expense, until its not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice Mott the Hoople reference.   Loved the live version.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But Mott the Hoople made it sound fun.
(Damn I'm old.)
View Quote
Nice Mott the Hoople reference.  Love that tune.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lots of people survive more. There was a Fulton county police shooting many years ago that was not fatal and had 10 or 11 hits on target. There was a recent news story about a guy in Birmingham that was shot 10 times in separate incidents sadly number 11 was his last one. He almost made it
View Quote
The last one you mentioned was a rapper named Young Mazi who claimed he was bulletproof.
He was only bullet resistant.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The last one you mentioned was a rapper named Young Mazi who claimed he was bulletproof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was almost right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is real?

How the hell did he survive a close range shot to the back of the skull?

Is he superhuman?  

Is he a big Russian looking guy, or a big black guy?

It defies explanation.

That guys a Terminator.  I certainly wouldn't mess with him.
View Quote
A guy my mom grew up with was working at a gas station in the 70's. Robbers put him on his knees, and put a 12 gauge to the back of his skull. He lived, but he still ain't quite right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A testament to the ineffectiveness of the .38. I remember an old case in Louisiana where a police officer (armed with a .38 Special revolver back then) and his partner went to a disturbance call and the suspect immediately grabbed and ripped the partner's .38 Special revolver out of her leather holster (tearing the threads of the holster), shot and killed her and the other officer drew his revolver and shot the suspect in the head, penetrating the skull and causing the suspect to drop the revolver he was holding. The suspect only dropped the revolver and was able to immediately grab the officer's arm and started a struggle for the officer's gun. The officer was able to get another shot off into the suspect's chest (rib cage area)and the suspect remarked "you got me good that time" and continued to struggle for the officer's gun. Eventually the suspect passed out, just before the officer was about to.

I'd never own a .38 Special and have a .357 magnum that I would never put a .38 Special in to shoot. I don't even own any .38 Special rounds. My other revolver is a .41 magnum. My EDC is a 10mm. And, like others have asked, does he not have an alarm system? I wouldn't want to be without one. When I go to sleep I turn on my alarm system and I place an obstacle in from of my closed bedroom door (to wake me up), just in case a professional burglar is able to bypass my alarm and quietly get into my home without me hearing him. My alarm system is cellular based with a battery back up, so that makes it that much more difficult for a burglar to bypass the alarm (like cutting the external phone wires or shutting off the power).
View Quote
Damn man, it sounds like you just need to find a better neighborhood to live in.

I rarely even feel the need to lock my doors let alone put booby traps in front of my bedroom door on a nightly basis.

You are either extremely paranoid or live in crackville.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn man, it sounds like you just need to find a better neighborhood to live in.

I rarely even feel the need to lock my doors let alone put booby traps in front of my bedroom door on a nightly basis.

View Quote
Your insurance company is all about that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd say your pal is one bad ass motherfucker.

Shot twice in the head while sleeping and still gets up, grabs the shotgun, and has enough wherewithal to try and seek out the threat? Then gets clipped again in the shoulder?

Yah, that qualifies as a bad ass in my book.
View Quote
One bad ass mofo.

Hope he's okay in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I did not see this on the news this morning
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I visited him in the ICU and saw the wounds. They wounds are legitimate, the docs visiting are astounded, one doc said that in 10 years in the trauma center he has never seen anything like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You sure your friend isn't fucking with you? 2 shots to the head then wakes up fully functioning seems a bit....unlikely
There are some kick ass trauma docs at the med. One of a couple places the .mil trained doctors to deal with GSWs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Home invasions are well, kinda common here or it seems so. In my pal's case I don't think they knew he was at home. His mon's car was gone because she was at work, also it was early, 6am. Or it could have been druggies looking for stuff to sell, druggies have very poor decision making abilities.

Thank you all for the good wishes. I think he will recover physically, tho there is a potential issue of seizures, not sure how that will work out. The wound to the back of the head is of course the most serious one. They got all of the bullet fragments except for a very small one that they are not going to worry about.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope your friend fully recovers, and gets an alarm, or a dog, or both.

Something's not smelling right. Escalate to a homicide rap because of a sleeping guy?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:9
Sounds like he was targeted by these criminals. What was your buddy up to?
View Quote
Maybe he looked at them wrong and "disrepected" them. No telling with these hood rat fucks.

Hope he gets better soon and the perps are caught. Too bad he wasn't able to get the drop on them and kill them on the spot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Liberal scum.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
First of all home invasions are pretty rare.  What's even more unusual is for someone to be shot in their sleep.  More to the story?
View Quote
Wanna know how I know you're not from Memphis?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I hope your friend fully recovers, and gets an alarm, or a dog, or both.

Something's not smelling right. Escalate to a homicide rap because of a sleeping guy?
View Quote
This..

Also OP, to clear up the controversy  of the day - what did YOU mean when you referred to him as a "pipe hitter"??

Crack head, or tough guy??
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First of all home invasions are pretty rare.  What's even more unusual is for someone to be shot in their sleep.  More to the story?
100 %
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Also OP, to clear up the controversy of the day - what did YOU mean when you referred to him as a "pipe hitter"??

Crack head, or tough guy??
View Quote
Extremely tough guy, after being shot in the head twice he got another gun and went to help his mom, did not remember that she was at work. His vision must have been blurred from blood because the wound to his forehead looks to be about 4 inches long, like a gash or knife slash from the bullet grazing him. Also the bullet wound to the back of his head, well I dunno concussion and other stuff. He wrapped a blanket around his head picked up a 12 gauge and sought out the bad guys. I dare to say that most folks, most folks after being shot in the head twice would call it a day.

He is the best king of tough guy, the kind who says he isn't, laid back, kinda quite, mild mannered, very respectful.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#45]

First of all home invasions are pretty rare. What's even more unusual is for someone to be shot in their sleep. More to the story?
View Quote
I know people who have had them more than once.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like bullshit to me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

First of all home invasions are pretty rare. What's even more unusual is for someone to be shot in their sleep. More to the story?
What is their involvement in the drug trade?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#48]
In HS my group of friends hung with a guy who you never would have thought was suicidal but one day they were sitting outside his house and he had a sawed off 12 gauge on the porch. He made a comment to the guys I hang with that if they left he'd shoot himself. Of course they thought he was kidding, got in a car and as they drove away he put the gun to his sternum and shot himself. My buddy saw it happen in the rear view and turned around.

I visited him in the hospital and he survived. Lost like 50lbs and had drainage tubes all in his side for a while but fully recovered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And people laugh at using Wikipedia as a reference...

The term means drug addict. We can't help it some people are too stupid to understand pop culture references.
View Quote
Uh, urban dictionary would kind of be the go-to reference here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yah. Since moving here I personally know two people who were abducted/carjacked and driven to a remote area and shot and left for dead. They both survived.

Shit can get pretty rich and vibrant around these parts.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top