Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
After visiting Memphis several years ago, I'd advise your bud to get the hell out. All the stores & businesses around Graceland had steel bars on their windows, a lot of gang grafitti,etc.

We bugged out to stay for the night in nearby Germantown, Tenn. Almost all white & safe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Around Memphis they drive to the good or better neighborhoods to do stuff like this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
All of you guys doubting the level of crime in Memphis, just go look at the stats. For a number of years the FBI listed Memphis as the most dangerous city in North America. For a long time it was the rape capital of North America and there is still a very serious problem with rape and the lack of investigation by the MPD. A couple of years ago it was found that there were over 12k untested rape kits. No real explanation was given and they have been testing kits and arresting people for several years now, working thru the backlog. There was a MPD officer, his wife was raped and the rape squad was not really pursuing it. This officer had to go to the squad and raise a stink to get his wife's rapist caught.

Your chances of becoming a victim of violent crime in Memphis is 1 in 55.
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tn/memphis/crime

And here we are #1 most dangerous metro area   https://lawstreetmedia.com/blogs/crime/crime-america-2016-slideshow-top-15-dangerous-metro-areas/
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The Memphis PD is also a cesspool of anti white bigotry. A case of discrimination by a bunch of white officers and one black one went to the Supreme Court a few years ago and they won; big payouts for all involved.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If every households had 1-2 European indoor GSD's then these type of things would really slow down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of you guys doubting the level of crime in Memphis, just go look at the stats.

And here we are #1 most dangerous metro area   https://lawstreetmedia.com/blogs/crime/crime-america-2016-slideshow-top-15-dangerous-metro-areas/
View Quote
1v1 me bro
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All of you guys doubting the level of crime in Memphis, just go look at the stats. For a number of years the FBI listed Memphis as the most dangerous city in North America. For a long time it was the rape capital of North America and there is still a very serious problem with rape and the lack of investigation by the MPD. A couple of years ago it was found that there were over 12k untested rape kits. No real explanation was given and they have been testing kits and arresting people for several years now, working thru the backlog. There was a MPD officer, his wife was raped and the rape squad was not really pursuing it. This officer had to go to the squad and raise a stink to get his wife's rapist caught.

View Quote
Do what now?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If every households had 1-2 European indoor GSD's then these type of things would really slow down.
View Quote
Are American GSDs too vibrant?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#9]
That's right, someone decided that testing rape kits and solving rapes was not that important.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mogadishu on the Mississippi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the TLDR crowd... to summarize..
Memphrica
Membabwe
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Membabwe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the TLDR crowd... to summarize..
Memphrica
Membabwe
Memphrika.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, but "pipe hitter" refers to door kicking, face shooting, fuck everyone up bad ass motherfuckers.

In the crowds i dealt with in a former occupation, it normally referred to SF guys.

But hey, what do i know?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. Native Memphians don't like large dogs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn...id buy that man a few drinks
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After visiting Memphis several years ago, I'd advise your bud to get the hell out. All the stores & businesses around Graceland had steel bars on their windows, a lot of gang grafitti,etc.

We bugged out to stay for the night in nearby Germantown, Tenn. Almost all white & safe.
View Quote
Germantown is getting bad now too.

Graceland is in a very bad part of town. I’ve lived 45 minutes from Graceland for 30 years and never been
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have been sick for 2 days. Pic of one of the mean and hairy wives.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65460/78F70B0A-EBFA-41F3-B21C-FE78A2A21910-439188.jpg

And she doubles as an additional motion detector and glass break.
View Quote
Mines a vicious pitbull. IF you are a tennis ball. She only goes 70 pounds though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's a line from Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.  He's "gonna get some real hard pipe hitting *****s" to come down there and work the guy over.

Could have been crackheads, I guess, but unlikely given the context.

Some people have taken the term to mean "hardasses that you send to go fuck your enemies up."

Then fat guys started wearing it on their tshirts, and that was pretty much the end of anything cool it could have possibly been.

I'm sure somewhere out there someone has a tattoo of it that they regret.
View Quote
Its the first use of the word "pipehitting" he coined it, it is fucking crackheads, I don't care what you thought it meant when you got your neck tat!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Uh, urban dictionary would kind of be the go-to reference here.
View Quote
Lol. I bet you believe everything you read on Snopes, huh?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry, but "pipe hitter" refers to door kicking, face shooting, fuck everyone up bad ass motherfuckers.

In the crowds i dealt with in a former occupation, it normally referred to SF guys.

But hey, what do i know?
View Quote
So, Cultural Mis-appropriation through misinterpretation of a random cultural reference.    Sounds like the Army all right.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

But hey, what do i know?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do what now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what now?
They weren't testing rape kits. Rape kits are evidence collection kits designed to be used to collect evidence from a rape victim. They weren't testing this collected evidence, and therefor not making any effort to persecute rapists.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Graceland is in a very bad part of town. I’ve lived 45 minutes from Graceland for 30 years and never been
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked at Graceland from the wall once about 20 years ago. Went to the zoo with my now former sister in law and her husband, then went to a BBQ place in Memphis then took a gander at Graceland from the street. Didn't stay too long, it was getting close to sundown and brother in law said we really didn't want to be there after dark. When a 300lbs Somoan tells you that with real concern in his eyes, you should listen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#25]
This reminds me of the Jim Cirillo book where he was on the stakeout squad.

At point blank range they unloaded on a bad guy's face with their snubby .38s. They thought for sure they killed him.
They were wrong. At some point he was sitting there and was handed a kleenex or handkerchief to blow his nose.
When he blew, a bullet popped out of his nose!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

But hey, what do i know?
View Quote
It's from the 1994 movie Pulp Fiction. It was a reference to crack smoking dudes who were crazy and rather sadistic.
Perhaps it has morphed since then because people had no clue about what it meant (like the word decimate), but that is it's origin.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's from the 1994 movie Pulp Fiction. It was a reference to crack smoking dudes who were crazy and would do whatever they were told to do for a rock.
Perhaps it has morphed since then because people had no clue about what it meant (like the word decimate), but that is it's origin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But hey, what do i know?
It's from the 1994 movie Pulp Fiction. It was a reference to crack smoking dudes who were crazy and would do whatever they were told to do for a rock.
FIFY
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But hey, what do i know?
FIFY
At least I knew it involved crazy druggies.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a friend who was shot between the eyes on the bridge of his nose with a .22 pistol and lived. He had been sitting on the floor and a friend of his that I didn't know was playing with a Ruger .22 pistol. He removed the mag pointed it at my friend and pulled the trigger. The other guy happened to be sitting in a chair so the angle of the bullet sent it downward instead of into his brain. It went through his sinuses and down his neck lodging near his spine. He still carries the round in him and it's been almost 30 years since he was shot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd say your pal is one bad ass motherfucker.

Shot twice in the head while sleeping and still gets up, grabs the shotgun, and has enough wherewithal to try and seek out the threat? Then gets clipped again in the shoulder?

Yah, that qualifies as a bad ass in my book.
View Quote
Sounds like the kind of luck one of my friends has. Old Vietnam Marine vet named JC, which doesn't stand for anything. Just letters. His life started rough. When he was born, in 1947 , most of the roads in our little town weren't paved, most that are here now didn't even exist other than town itself. His mom had him at home, and his dad , not owning a car, walked and hitchhiked to the courthouse, which is 25 miles away. JC's mother told his dad what his name was, but by the time he got to courthouse, and a bit drunk at the time, he forgot. All he remembered was the initials. The lady told him he could just leave it at that, and he could come back and fix it as long as it was the next couple of days. Well, he never made it back. So, it was entered as just the initials.

Around 1982, he was sitting in his house at his desk and was doing his bill paying, and a young woman, maybe 25, knocked on his door, said her car was broke down up the road, and asked if she could use his phone.

He told her sure, come on in, and showed her the phone. We're were a quiet town then, very peaceful, so everyone was welcoming and helpful.

She came inside, and just about a minute later, her boyfriend came in and shot JC in the head with a .38. JC said he blacked out at least maybe a minute, and then reached for his gun in the desk drawer, and the two were ransacking his house, back in his bedroom. When they came out JC shot the boyfriend several times with his .357, who died from his wounds up the street a few hundred yards, and pistol whipped the shit out of the girl, broke her jaw, fractured her orbital socket on one side. When he shot the boyfriend, the boyfriend got one more shot off and hit him in the upper leg.

JC says after that he doesn't remember anything except waking up in the ambulance on the side of the road. He'd passed out.

My best friend and I were riding up HWY 200 towards Lancaster, and saw a helicopter ( I knew of JC then, but wasn't a friend then ), and as we got closer to what is called Belltown Stretch we saw the helicopter landing, and an ambulance on the side of the road. We waited on the transfer, and then the helicopter to take off. The road was clear so we went on up to where the ambulance was, thinking it was going to pull off. We noticed it smoking when we were going by. That's when we realized it was one of ours. The driver was nicknamed BugEye, and we asked him if he needed help, but he said he had someone on the way. Asked him what happened and he said a guy got shot, big mess and all down the road from my house.

I never thought anything about it, but I read in the paper what happened the next Wednesday.

I found out it was JC when he told me ( around 2010 ) his bad luck story of getting shot and the ambulance breaking down on the side of the road.

FWIW, the town had about 5,000 residents back then, and all we had were hand me downs and used stuff that was worn out. The ambulance just let go , threw a rod.BugEye always drove it like he stole it too so.

#######

And back on topic, prayers for your friend for a full recovery, and I hope all involved in his attack suffer a long, violent death.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#32]
the only thing surprising about this story is that he lived. the teens to mid 20's thug's have been vicious for quite a while here. glad he survived it op....
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
It isn't that there isn't that much crime, it's that the vast majority isn't random.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Man I really want to believe this but 23 years of being a cop in a city that has a homicide every couple of months and shootings on a weekly basis just makes me think that there is way more to it than what he is telling you. I've seen a guy get caught in the back of the head with a .25auto from across a parking lot and he was DRT.

I've seen bullets do some reallllly screwy things but unless the shot to the back of the head was at an angle (skipped off the skull) there is no way he lives with a .38 to the back of the head at close range.

J-
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I didn't know it meant drug addict and I worked in ems for 6-7 years, for the coroners office, and have lots of LE friends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pipe Hitter - From the urban dictionary – “Someone or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished.

I should think he qualifies
And people laugh at using Wikipedia as a reference...

The term means drug addict. We can't help it some people are too stupid to understand pop culture references.
I didn't know it meant drug addict and I worked in ems for 6-7 years, for the coroners office, and have lots of LE friends.
I've got a similar background and I assumed, "Pipe hitter" was a typical GD dyslexic term for "Pipe Fitter"
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mississippi line is actually in the greater Memphis area.  Most of the non-urban types live in North Mississippi now, fleeing the rich and vibrant city.
View Quote
Swift Terminal, near the airport, is close to the line. Only way you can tell you've stopped being in Memphis and started being in Jacksonville is the signs change slightly. Otherwise, it's like that Led Zeppelin movie, the S%$^hole Remains The Same.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:10:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Man I really want to believe this but 23 years of being a cop in a city that has a homicide every couple of months and shootings on a weekly basis just makes me think that there is way more to it than what he is telling you. I've seen a guy get caught in the back of the head with a .25auto from across a parking lot and he was DRT.

I've seen bullets do some reallllly screwy things but unless the shot to the back of the head was at an angle (skipped off the skull) there is no way he lives with a .38 to the back of the head at close range.

J-
View Quote
Yeah, I don't doubt that this occurred, but I feel like something is being left out.

But its also believable that a burglar showed up saw a homeowner move, grabbed the gun and decided he didn't want any witnesses or to go back to jail.

At any rate, its a good reminder that burglars are just 1 decision away from a murderer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sounds like the kind of luck one of my friends has. Old Vietnam Marine vet named JC, which doesn't stand for anything. Just letters. His life started rough. When he was born, in 1947 , most of the roads in our little town weren't paved, most that are here now didn't even exist other than town itself. His mom had him at home, and his dad , not owning a car, walked and hitchhiked to the courthouse, which is 25 miles away. JC's mother told his dad what his name was, but by the time he got to courthouse, and a bit drunk at the time, he forgot. All he remembered was the initials. The lady told him he could just leave it at that, and he could come back and fix it as long as it was the next couple of days. Well, he never made it back. So, it was entered as just the initials.

Around 1982, he was sitting in his house at his desk and was doing his bill paying, and a young woman, maybe 25, knocked on his door, said her car was broke down up the road, and asked if she could use his phone.

He told her sure, come on in, and showed her the phone. We're were a quiet town then, very peaceful, so everyone was welcoming and helpful.

She came inside, and just about a minute later, her boyfriend came in and shot JC in the head with a .38. JC said he blacked out at least maybe a minute, and then reached for his gun in the desk drawer, and the two were ransacking his house, back in his bedroom. When they came out JC shot the boyfriend several times with his .357, who died from his wounds up the street a few hundred yards, and pistol whipped the shit out of the girl, broke her jaw, fractured her orbital socket on one side. When he shot the boyfriend, the boyfriend got one more shot off and hit him in the upper leg.

JC says after that he doesn't remember anything except waking up in the ambulance on the side of the road. He'd passed out.

My best friend and I were riding up HWY 200 towards Lancaster, and saw a helicopter ( I knew of JC then, but wasn't a friend then ), and as we got closer to what is called Belltown Stretch we saw the helicopter landing, and an ambulance on the side of the road. We waited on the transfer, and then the helicopter to take off. The road was clear so we went on up to where the ambulance was, thinking it was going to pull off. We noticed it smoking when we were going by. That's when we realized it was one of ours. The driver was nicknamed BugEye, and we asked him if he needed help, but he said he had someone on the way. Asked him what happened and he said a guy got shot, big mess and all down the road from my house.

I never thought anything about it, but I read in the paper what happened the next Wednesday.

I found out it was JC when he told me ( around 2010 ) his bad luck story of getting shot and the ambulance breaking down on the side of the road.

FWIW, the town had about 5,000 residents back then, and all we had were hand me downs and used stuff that was worn out. The ambulance just let go , threw a rod.BugEye always drove it like he stole it too so.

#######

And back on topic, prayers for your friend for a full recovery, and I hope all involved in his attack suffer a long, violent death.
View Quote
This is quite probably the single most Deep South story I have ever read.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Swift Terminal, near the airport, is close to the line. Only way you can tell you've stopped being in Memphis and started being in Jacksonville is the signs change slightly. Otherwise, it's like that Led Zeppelin movie, the S%$^hole Remains The Same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mississippi line is actually in the greater Memphis area.  Most of the non-urban types live in North Mississippi now, fleeing the rich and vibrant city.
Swift Terminal is in S. Memphis off of Brooks Rd.  There is no "Jacksonville" nearby.  Perhaps Southaven or Horn Lake?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#40]
So, for all of you saying there is more to the story, what are you thinking? I have seen his wounds, his mom showed me pics of his bed, blood soaked pillow and bed. Bullet hole in grandmothers china cabinet, security door glass shot out, probably more, I have not been in the house yet.

Of course you never really know but I have known this young man from birth, unlike others in his life he avoided the gangs, has no tattoos, never been in trouble with the law, works his job, loves his son. He and his mom say that they are on good terms with their neighbors as far as they know. They are a white family living in the hood and have been in that house for decades. His mom and her brother grew up in that house. I was best friends with the brother from high school, this was in the 70's. That is how I know the family, the neighborhood is crap now and scary but they are poor and don't have the resources to move. But they will now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Did the smoke alarm actually go off or did he just think it did?  Maybe a glass shatter alarm?  Or maybe massive ringing in his ears from the gunshot and he thought it was the alarm?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I think it actually went off but can't confirm
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Ost
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Swift Terminal is in S. Memphis off of Brooks Rd.  There is no "Jacksonville" nearby.  Perhaps Southaven or Horn Lake?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

swift is on brooks not off of brooks
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So, for all of you saying there is more to the story, what are you thinking? I have seen his wounds, his mom showed me pics of his bed, blood soaked pillow and bed. Bullet hole in grandmothers china cabinet, security door glass shot out, probably more, I have not been in the house yet.

Of course you never really know but I have known this young man from birth, unlike others in his life he avoided the gangs, has no tattoos, never been in trouble with the law, works his job, loves his son. He and his mom say that they are on good terms with their neighbors as far as they know. They are a white family living in the hood and have been in that house for decades. His mom and her brother grew up in that house. I was best friends with the brother from high school, this was in the 70's. That is how I know the family, the neighborhood is crap now and scary but they are poor and don't have the resources to move. But they will now.
View Quote
I believe it happened as you say it did. GD is full of some cynical folks.

An old friend took a .38 just above the bridge of his nose from very close up. The bullet traveled up and over his skull between the skin and bone. He took the gun from the dude that shot him and beat him into a coma.

Friend later was shot in another bar in Florida. That shot took out the femoral artery. He didn't survive that one. Dude just lived to be a badass, until he didn't live no more.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why? OK, I'll play.

He was shot twice in the head while sleeping with a single gun. "He has a large gash across his forehead where a bullet creased him, the second shot to the head is square in the lower back of his head."

How would they have shot him in both the upper front and square in the lower back of his head? You told us that the later shot was to the shoulder.

You now say that "the security door glass was shot out." Why and how? They didn't have a gun until they were already inside and could presumably get back out without more gunfire. Not to mention the bullet hole in grandma's China cabinet.

It would be very unusual for people to go to burglarize a place, find a gun, shoot someone and then continue with their burglary after two gunshots and while a smoke detector is going off, one which is most likely part of an alarm system that is notifying the cops and FD.

Unless I missed it, nobody has linked to a news story of this event. Trust me, even in Memphrica something where the BG bring attempted murder into an innocent person's home would make the news.

So, whole I don't know what, if anything, actually happened, I'm quite certain it didn't happen like this.

I'm out of this thread.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Gun smoke?

Is his pistol a black powder cap-n-ball?
View Quote
There is a video on youtube of some inside the house suppressor comparisons. Within the first rounds, the smoke alarm goes off. Something I never considered either.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Memphis

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why? OK, I'll play.

He was shot twice in the head while sleeping with a single gun. "He has a large gash across his forehead where a bullet creased him, the second shot to the head is square in the lower back of his head."

How would they have shot him in both the upper front and square in the lower back of his head? You told us that the later shot was to the shoulder.

You now say that "the security door glass was shot out." Why and how? They didn't have a gun until they were already inside and could presumably get back out without more gunfire. Not to mention the bullet hole in grandma's China cabinet.

It would be very unusual for people to go to burglarize a place, find a gun, shoot someone and then continue with their burglary after two gunshots and while a smoke detector is going off, one which is most likely part of an alarm system that is notifying the cops and FD.

Unless I missed it, nobody has linked to a news story of this event. Trust me, even in Memphrica something where the BG bring attempted murder into an innocent person's home would make the news.

So, whole I don't know what, if anything, actually happened, I'm quite certain it didn't happen like this.

I'm out of this thread.
View Quote
its very possible that he unconciously reacted to getting wounded in either the forehead or back of the head. He moved his head after he got shot, so the 2nd shot was then placed where it couldn't have been the 1st time.

maybe?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Why? OK, I'll play.

I'm out of this thread.
View Quote
It takes the cops between 15-30 minutes to get here. Volunteer FD takes a good 10 minutes or more and it's only 3 miles up the road.

Response time depends on where you live, so does having an integrated alarm.

Out here there are no integrated alarms. You either call, or someone that hears your alarm calls. If you have ADT or something they will call. The police department is 25 miles away, but there is rarely one on patrol in my area. Usually they are down near Richland County, which is 40 miles away, and a lot of that is river roads. I have called and had it take over an hour. This was on a burglary call with guns stolen.

I don't know where the guy is located, but response times can be long. A little store up the road got robbed at gunpoint, and it took 20 minutes. Now when they showed up, a bunch of them came.

Crooks out here know that if the alarm goes off, they still have at 7-10 minutes to get what they want and get out without getting caught.

Further, gunfire doesn't alarm anyone.

I can step outside right now at 5:25am or anytime of morning or night, and fire my Tavor or my P30, not only once but multiple times, and nobody will say a thing. I try not to shoot much at night, but I get foxes and yotes and coons out here and I shoot them. Sometimes on a fox or a yote it will be a running shot and I might have to fire 4-5 rounds to get a hit and put him down.  If I were to dump a mag, I'd have 3 neighbors from across the road coming up armed with AR15s to help me out. They wouldn't call the cops unless they saw what was going on.

Living at the edge of the county means you deal with whatever for a half hour yourself.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top