BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are some of you dolts really analyzing what some kid tinkering with electronics did? You're not impressed by something a 14 year old did? Did better in college?

Lol.
View Quote

Some of us did better than he did with electronic objects at 14, they just didn't brag about it. He took an old clock out of its case, and sloppily put it into a pencil case in such a manner that it would be non-functional, and downright dangerous to use.

I did that shit at 14 too.

Well, I didn't take a clock out of its case, and put it in a different one in such a way that it could be confused as a bomb, I just took two broken sony Discmen and turned them into one working one. More effort involved, with better results, too.

The kid is a troll, and so is his dad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking at the kid's clock, it's immediately apparent to me what I'm looking at.  It's obviously a gutted clock radio.
Maybe... definitely...this is  exemplary of the divide between those who are technologically adept versus technologically clueless.

If you don't know how the stuff that makes your life go works, I suppose you might see a threat.  I would not.  Not even for a second.
It is obviously not a bomb, it's a portablized clock/radio.

It's a Rorschach test to differentiate the technologically adept from the technologically clueless.

The current year is 2015.  The inability to discern a gutted clock radio from a bomb speaks more to the technical ignorance of the adults involved than the wrongly imputed malice of the kid. There were a lot of adults who fucked up, in series to create this tempest.  They are morons.

Judgement: for the kid.  

View Quote

Not bad, except that you left out that the kid comes from a culture known for building bombs out of those vary materials.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no doubt in my mind that this was a 100% fabricated incident by a bunch of troublemakers.  And I'm not talking about the school staff, etc.

His "invention" my ass.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh come on, you're being just a little bit unreasonable. I have a minor in EE and a major in ME. I've made plenty of analog and digital circuits. I worked in a manufacturing facilitiy that made custom circuit boards. It looked suspiciously like a bomb (but without explosive material) to me. The pics weren't that good and I didn't stop to analyze all the components. All the loose wires and haphazard placement of everything probably obfuscated to me what exactly he had going on there. It was a huge trolling attempt on their part, orchestrated by his parents.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh come on, you're being just a little bit unreasonable. I have a minor in EE and a major in ME. I've made plenty of analog and digital circuits. I worked in a manufacturing facilitiy that made custom circuit boards. It looked suspiciously like a bomb (but without explosive material) to me. The pics weren't that good and I didn't stop to analyze all the components. All the loose wires and haphazard placement of everything probably obfuscated to me what exactly he had going on there. It was a huge trolling attempt on their part, orchestrated by his parents.

Which HAD TO BE SEEN since the digital display was on the inside and unable to be seen with the case shut.

If he wanted to "make a clock" my thinking would be to cut a fucking hole in the case so you didn't have wires falling out every time you wanted to check the time.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is no doubt in my mind that this was a 100% fabricated incident by a bunch of troublemakers.  And I'm not talking about the school staff, etc.

His "invention" my ass.
View Quote

agitprop at it's best.

Money toward his college education as well. Has a gofundme.com page.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

agitprop at it's best.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His "invention" my ass.

agitprop at it's best.

Victimhood has become a career.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good one! LOL.  "portablized".  Because when I was in junior high making my own circuit boards, logic circuits, amplifiers, etc, the one thing I really wanted to do was bring my freaking alarm clock to school.  You know, because I just loved the sound of it waking me up so much I wanted to share the love with my classmates.  That, and be able to tell time as long as I had an available 120v receptacle nearby, I can't think of a better way to tell time. I just could never figure out how to get the clock out of my room, but now I know that "portablizing" it would have solved everything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looking at the kid's clock, it's immediately apparent to me what I'm looking at.  It's obviously a gutted clock radio.

Maybe... definitely...this is  exemplary of the divide between those who are technologically adept versus technologically clueless.

If you don't know how the stuff that makes your life go works, I suppose you might see a threat.  I would not.  Not even for a second.

It's a Rorschach test to differentiate the technologically adept from the technologically clueless.

The current year is 2015.  The inability to discern a gutted clock radio from a bomb speaks more to the technical ignorance of the adults involved than the wrongly imputed malice of the kid. There were a lot of adults who fucked up, in series to create this tempest.  They are morons.

View Quote
Okay Mr. Expert.

Can you tell me what this is?

You should be able to tell what a common cooking dish is and which one is which since you obviously are intelligent and know everything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Okay Mr. Expert.  

http://portalvhds26k4f5tktj3ck.blob.core.windows.net/spotpics/sp30827.jpg

http://picapica.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/03.jpg

You should be able to tell what a common cooking dish is and which one is which since you obviously are intelligent and know everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay Mr. Expert.  

I want to play.  Yucca root, and the other is most assuredly Tutankhamen's mummified dick.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
One of my liberal relatives posted #istandwithAchmed of FB

I responded:

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't normally (in fact like virtually NEVER!) agree with Bill Maher but he is hitting the nail HARD in this video.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I want to play.  Yucca root, and the other is most assuredly Tutankhamen's mummified dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay Mr. Expert.  

Close.... except one surely isn't Tutankhamen's mimmified cock... I know, I know. You want it for yor personal collection of adult toys. But alas this is not it and you can't buy it from her.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

His "invention" my ass.
View Quote

There is a lot of speculation that the boy did not make the clock it was made by someone else intentionally to look like a briefcase bomb because his family knew he being of middle eastern descent, and bringing it to school it would cause a panic, knew he would get arrested etc.... just so they could sue everyone and their mama for a whole lot of money.

Some have even gone so far as to say bringing what amounts to a fake briefcase bomb to school is an act of terrorism.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Close.... except one surely isn't Tutankhamen's mimmified cock... I know, I know. You want it for yor personal collection of adult toys. But alas this is not it and you can't buy it from her.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay Mr. Expert.  

I want to change my answer, cassava and Tutankhamen's dick then!  

Please send me the dick as the winning prize.  Keep the yucca.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is a lot of speculation that the boy did not make the clock it was made by someone else intentionally to look like a briefcase bomb because his family knew he being of middle eastern descent, and bringing it to school it would cause a panic, knew he would get arrested etc.... just so they could sue everyone and their mama for a whole lot of money.

Some have even gone so far as to say bringing what amounts to a fake briefcase bomb to school is an act of terrorism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His "invention" my ass.

Pencil case clock.  

And at how ludicrous this conspiracy is getting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pencil case clock.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His "invention" my ass.

Pencil case clock.  

You mean it is beyond the realm of possibility that someone might stage something for shock value or to further an agenda?

You cannot be that naive.

Is it possible?  Even if remotely...?

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You mean it is beyond the realm of possibility that someone might stage something for shock value or to further an agenda?

https://youtu.be/sI_zBj_JT8U
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His "invention" my ass.

Pencil case clock.  

https://youtu.be/sI_zBj_JT8U

Many conspiracy theories are remotely possible.  Doesn't do anything for their credibility.  It's remotely possible that NASA built a fake moon stage instead of landing on the moon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure if posted... takes a whole 20 seconds to make.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHk_6Vh4Qeo
View Quote

What a genius!

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What a genius!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a genius!

Quick! Someone get that guy some scholarships, lots of free Microsoft shit, and dinner with FBHO!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quick! Someone get that guy some scholarships, lots of free Microsoft shit, and dinner with FBHO!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a genius!

My friends at NASA will make him an astronaut.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Awfully brave to invite him to the white house, while hidden behind layers of security and metal detectors.  But I'm sure a family from the middle east carrying a suitcase full of wires would breeze right on through security, because, hey it's probably just a science experiment.

Fuck you 0bama, you all talk shit bag cock gobbler.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Okay Mr. Expert.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay Mr. Expert.  

I know what it's not.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Which HAD TO BE SEEN since the digital display was on the inside and unable to be seen with the case shut.

If he wanted to "make a clock" my thinking would be to cut a fucking hole in the case so you didn't have wires falling out every time you wanted to check the time.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In which case, you would have something that could have been a bomb. As is, opened and displayed to the world, it clearly is not.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I haven't seen this posted so -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGit-XltUB4

I know, all of ARFcom is supposed to hate Bill Maher.  But listen very carefully to Mark Cuban starting at about 00:52 about how he personally talked to the kid on the phone.  He chatted normally about regular topics, untill Mark brought up the clock.  Then the kid's sister started listening and telling him what to say.  There is no doubt that this kid's family is driving this story.

And be sure to watch the whole clip to see that Maher thinks the reason this Muslim kid was hassled with an IED-looking device is precisely because "for the past 30 years it's been one culture that's been blowing shit up."
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I haven't seen this posted so -

I know, all of ARFcom is supposed to hate Bill Maher.  But listen very carefully to Mark Cuban starting at about 00:52 about how he personally talked to the kid on the phone.  He chatted normally about regular topics, untill Mark brought up the clock.  Then the kid's sister started listening and telling him what to say.  There is no doubt that this kid's family is driving this story.

And be sure to watch the whole clip to see that Maher thinks the reason this Muslim kid was hassled with an IED-looking device is precisely because "for the past 30 years it's been one culture that's been blowing shit up."
View Quote

Not bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Great writeup and thanks for posting.  

I'll admit that I clicked again on this thread to say something along the lines of " let's just forget about this little fuckstick."  
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nerdy kid with NASA shirts is really junior Taliban who a squadron of cops could not get a confession out of. Lol
View Quote

Some would call that on the job training...
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Many conspiracy theories are remotely possible.  Doesn't do anything for their credibility.  It's remotely possible that NASA built a fake moon stage instead of landing on the moon.
View Quote

insert eye roll here.

You suggest NASA and Kubrick and the "faked" moon landing is tantamount to someone with a certain religious bend fabricating an incident to further their agenda?

Zing!  You got me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

insert eye roll here.

You suggest NASA and Kubrick and the "faked" moon landing is tantamount to someone with a certain religious bend fabricating an incident to further their agenda?

Zing!  You got me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

insert eye roll here.

Zing!  You got me.

I suggest that just because something is remotely possible doesn't mean it's likely to have happened or that it should be given serious consideration.  Which is what you were trying to do.

Also, there's an eye roll smiley.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Very interesting point.

6. Why is the Mohamed family blocking the release of important records?
Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne revealed this week that the Mohamed family is refusing to release records that could exonerate the police officers who handled Ahmed’s arrest. Both the Irving School District and the Irving Police Department have asked for the records to be released, but to no avail. Why would the Mohamed family feel it necessary to prevent such records from being released to the public?

All of these questions may have perfectly reasonable and unsurprising answers. But before we can get the answers, the media must ask the questions. Before this incident goes any further, members of the press should be asking the Mohamed family to clear up these uncertain and confusing gaps in the story.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay Mr. Expert.  

Nope.... still wrong. it is Yuuca and Malanga.

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Awfully brave to invite him to the white house, while hidden behind layers of security and metal detectors.  But I'm sure a family from the middle east carrying a suitcase full of wires would breeze right on through security, because, hey it's probably just a science experiment.

Fuck you 0bama, you all talk shit bag cock gobbler.
View Quote

I'm sure TSA would be totally cool with a similar device going through their checkpoint.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Sooooo the plot thickens. Guess who was suspended for three days for saying they were going to blow the school up.

His sister

So let me see if I have the basiscs here.

Father is an Islamic activist with a business named twin towers
Boy didn't invent anything, doesn't know dick about electronics
Took the innards out of  an already working clock which isn't making anything
Puts it in a case to show the teacher yet somehow it isn't seen in class
Acts suspicious when police arrive
Police already know threats from sister

Lib tards go fucking mental, tweets of support from everyone

The one thing Muslims are good at is playing the victim it's part of Middle easter culture and it works because stupid fucking mental libtards take it all in.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/17/man-i-went-viral-my-day-with-ahmed-moahmed-the-most-famous-boy-on-earth.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#39]

It was built intentionally to cause the reaction it got.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sooooo the plot thickens. Guess who was suspended for three days for saying they were going to blow the school up.
His sister

The one thing Muslims are good at is playing the victim it's part of Middle easter culture and it works because stupid fucking mental libtards take it all in.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/17/man-i-went-viral-my-day-with-ahmed-moahmed-the-most-famous-boy-on-earth.html
View Quote
$100K raised through Crowd Funding sources like GoFundMe, got a ton of free shit, got an invitation to the White House, got offered scholarships and internships with very high end companies and schools, etc....

They fucking cashed the Social Justice Warrior equivalency of a Blank Check after they wrote $1,000,000 on it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
$100K raised through Crowd Funding sources like GoFundMe, got a ton of free shit, got an invitation to the White House, got offered scholarships and internships with very high end companies and schools, etc....

They fucking cashed the Social Justice Warrior equivalency of a Blank Check after they wrote $1,000,000 on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His sister

Have to find new innovative ways to fund extremism.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Wonder what the arfcom defenders of this POS think now.......
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For someone who doesn't know, what's "wrong" with it? I see a clock screen and some microcontroller gizmos.

http://i.imgur.com/zMKphmc.jpg
View Quote

It just looks like a normal Persian fix to a normal clock.....    
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Clearly a public school and the White House have the same security concerns and need the same security procedures.  Better start feeling up every one who go into a school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do we think would happen if he tried to do either of the following?

1. Bring that onto an airliner, especially if he tried to carry it on.

2. Bring it into or near the White House or the Capitol building while on a tour.

But the feels.

Clearly a public school and the White House have the same security concerns and need the same security procedures.  Better start feeling up every one who go into a school.

I care more about the lives at an average public school than I currently do for the lives in the white house.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top