Quoted:
No Facebook for me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh........

Can anyone do a Full30 or Youtube of this?
No Facebook for me
Here's a video from the IV8888 shoot
Running a 9x39 AK - IV8888 Shoot 2018 Part 1
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have a about 10 left from the first 200. I do not expect them to last the week.

The guys here are circling the 9x39 parts bins....

Ralph
~~~~~~~
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes I have a about 10 left from the first 200. I do not expect them to last the week.

The guys here are circling the 9x39 parts bins....

Ralph
~~~~~~~
View Quote
Sent you an email
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Here are a few pictures of our 9x39 AR ISR and the AK Prototype.  There is a bit of wear on the AK because of the few thousand rounds put through it at the IV8888 shoot. Look on our facebook page for some of the videos.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Have you found any specific magazines work better than others in the AR?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes,
C-products and Unimags.

We should have the 25 rounds mags in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes,
C-products and Unimags.

View Quote
Neat!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Have barrel, will pew

Link Posted: 10/24/2018 2:02:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have barrel, will pew

https://i.imgur.com/6syZyF2.jpg
View Quote
sweet
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes,
C-products and Unimags.

View Quote
@rinfanti

You were right about the gas tube, thanks for throwing that in. I'm putting mine in a low profile gas block under a Diamondhead rail.

Thinking of taking a SilencerCo 7.62 flash hider (for the Hybrid's ASR mount) and drilling it out to the proper diameter. I dont like direct threading onto barrels as it gets loose.

ETA: Since I am in a different state and am ordering parts, what is the diameter of the barrel? .625 or .750?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There has been a lot of talk about a supersonic domestic load...we'll see what happens.
View Quote
Thank you sir!

I did spot the AK annual on the periodical rack at the grocery store, so I snatched it up just for the gouge on 9X39.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#12]
The barrels are .750

Ralph
~~~~~~~~~~
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Soooo this page never loaded for me before on the Piedmont Cartridge website......https://www.piedmontcartridge.com/vintorez

I had no idea @rinfanti was building a VSS clone there's even a "buy now" link that leads to their contact now info. Any plans on a more original design? IE wood stock and no rail? Price range and release date? Give us the scoop buddy
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Right after I get into 300BO. Dammit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]
What we are building  is more of a modernized AK in 9x39.  Because the gas system is so different then a regular AK we decided to make it better.

I will be posting updates here.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What we are building  is more of a modernized AK in 9x39.  Because the gas system is so different then a regular AK we decided to make it better.

I will be posting updates here.
View Quote
Shut up and take my money!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have barrel, will pew

https://i.imgur.com/6syZyF2.jpg
View Quote
where do I buy this?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#18]
We had to move from our ISP and finally have the 9x39 item up on our page.

Please have a look. www.piedmontcartridge.com

If anyone needs 9x39 parts please go there to purchase.

thanks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We had to move from our ISP and finally have the 9x39 item up on our page.

Please have a look. www.piedmontcartridge.com

If anyone needs 9x39 parts please go there to purchase.

thanks.
View Quote
Are you selling magazines yet?  I didn't see anything on the website.

I have my upper done and will be finishing up a 9x39 can this weekend.  Am currently using 6.5 Grendel mags but these only work for 3-5 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I just received two production 9x39mm uppers from Wolf.
A 16 inch and a 10.5 inch.

Another major source has ammo on the water.

Expect lower ammo prices shortly...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you selling magazines yet?  I didn't see anything on the website.

I have my upper done and will be finishing up a 9x39 can this weekend.  Am currently using 6.5 Grendel mags but these only work for 3-5 rounds.
View Quote
7.62x39mm magazines work better and hold many more rounds but are not ideal...they are what I have been using...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Has Wolf said when uppers may go on sale to us lowly consumers?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Has Wolf said when uppers may go on sale to us lowly consumers?
View Quote
It's December, so I expect them to push them at SHOT Show in a month.
Would not be surprised though if they go on sale and are available any time
now though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

7.62x39mm magazines work better and hold many more rounds but are not ideal...they are what I have been using...
View Quote
Oh ok I will give them a try. I thought the Grendel would work better than them because it’s based on the 7.62x39 with less of a taper (fatter).

Good to hear on the ammo, even though I just bought more...
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh ok I will give them a try. I thought the Grendel would work better than them because it’s based on the 7.62x39 with less of a taper (fatter).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grendel would be perfect but the bullet guides will cause binding in the mag body (or something like that, some guy on lebbit explained it to me why your average 6.5G mag wouldn't work)

Unimags are really the best option currently
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any idea what the end price point should hit once inventory is built up? Are we thinking $0.40-0.50/round or more?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any idea what the end price point should hit once inventory is built up? Are we thinking $0.40-0.50/round or more?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From wolf's mouth, 30cpr
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From wolf's mouth, 30cpr
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From wolf's mouth, 30cpr
Thanks. Better than what I had thought.

I have been on the sideline the last year waiting to see how 9x39 would develop before deciding. Also been contemplating .300 BLK as I have been getting into suppressors now. Wanted to see how 9x39 developed and how it did in the market. I have seen new manufacture .300 BLK brass case (obviously no steel case yet) has dropped into the $0.40s/round range. I think the subsonic .300 are around $0.50/round range from what I have seen.

If Wolf is serious about $0.30/round for their 278gr subsonic stuff, that is very enticing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I missed the first batch of barrels any word on the delivery time for the next?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#30]
We still have 16" 12" and 8" in stock.

Give us a call if you want one

Ralph
470-223-5000
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Grendel would be perfect but the bullet guides will cause binding in the mag body (or something like that, some guy on lebbit explained it to me why your average 6.5G mag wouldn't work)

View Quote
Got one in today.  Haven't shot it but just loading and unloading it it seems like it will work better...  Thanks for the tip.

Finished my 12 inch long 9x39 can this weekend but haven't shot it yet.  I am thinking since it is the same dimension (length and width) as the Vintorez can but with traditional coned and radial baffles, it should suppress a lot better than the simplistic sheet metal baffles in the Vintorez one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have been on the sideline the last year waiting to see how 9x39 would develop before deciding. Also been contemplating .300 BLK as I have been getting into suppressors now. Wanted to see how 9x39 developed and how it did in the market. I have seen new manufacture .300 BLK brass case (obviously no steel case yet) has dropped into the $0.40s/round range. I think the subsonic .300 are around $0.50/round range from what I have seen.

If Wolf is serious about $0.30/round for their 278gr subsonic stuff, that is very enticing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From wolf's mouth, 30cpr

That's their goal once guns/uppers/etc start seeing real production numbers at least. When that'll happen tho or if new sanctions absolutely shit on everything......well you get the idea
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Got one in today.  Haven't shot it but just loading and unloading it it seems like it will work better...  Thanks for the tip.

Finished my 12 inch long 9x39 can this weekend but haven't shot it yet.  I am thinking since it is the same dimension (length and width) as the Vintorez can but with traditional coned and radial baffles, it should suppress a lot better than the simplistic sheet metal baffles in the Vintorez one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics? 9x39 + a modern western baffle design is spooky quiet

Oh and download to 14 rounds with the unimags IIRC
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Once I have it all painted. Right now it’s a black upper and hand guard that I’m going to cut to better access the adjustable gas block, an unfinished aluminum can, and a coyote spray canned optic from another gun. If I get ambitious I’ll take some this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Once I have it all painted. Right now it’s a black upper and hand guard that I’m going to cut to better access the adjustable gas block, an unfinished aluminum can, and a coyote spray canned optic from another gun. If I get ambitious I’ll take some this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

9x39 is straight walled. 300 BO is not.

9x39 would be Ohio deer legal.  Indiana as well I think.
View Quote
Not a single damn thing about that cartridge is straight wall or Ohio legal. It is clearly necked down

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Awesome
View Quote
Shot it today, impressive with and without the gas shut off (I have it tuned to run using an empty buffer).

I also shot it wet with the gas shut off wowzers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#38]
this is a bit of a carry-over concern from when I was researching 6.5G for a build, but what bolt face depth are these barrels developed around? I'm slowly gathering parts to build a 16" 9x39 upper (for a variety of reason I don't have NFA money to drop in one fell swoop) and don't want to order a bolt and then find out I got the wrong depth
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
this is a bit of a carry-over concern from when I was researching 6.5G for a build, but what bolt face depth are these barrels developed around? I'm slowly gathering parts to build a 16" 9x39 upper (for a variety of reason I don't have NFA money to drop in one fell swoop) and don't want to order a bolt and then find out I got the wrong depth
View Quote
I can’t measure mine now but when troubleshooting a chambering issue I came accross the same info/questions, but in the 7.62x39 world the standard is .125 and only colt went deeper on 7.62x39.

On a related note, you may find that you need to remove the exctractor o-ring from your bolt. I was having issues chambering because the extractor wouldn’t clip over the cartridge rim, which is what I ended up looking into the info above. It turns out simply removing the o-ring fixed the issue.

I’ll measure the depth tonight if I can to be sure.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can’t measure mine now but when troubleshooting a chambering issue I came accross the same info/questions, but in the 7.62x39 world the standard is .125 and only colt went deeper on 7.62x39.

On a related note, you may find that you need to remove the exctractor o-ring from your bolt. I was having issues chambering because the extractor wouldn’t clip over the cartridge rim, which is what I ended up looking into the info above. It turns out simply removing the o-ring fixed the issue.

I’ll measure the depth tonight if I can to be sure.
View Quote
It is .125
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Any update on more Ammo coming to the US?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You could probably cast lead for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wiki indicates the bullet diameter is:

9.25mm which = .364"

Closest Sierra bullet I see is a .358 diameter.

Looks like reloading for this is a no-go.
You could probably cast lead for it.
Dammit, I wish you hadn't had said that.
I have a 200gr round nose mold that throws a 364.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#43]
So does it feed better from an AR style x39 mag or an AK style x39 mag? I think an AK mag AR lower like the CMMG MK47 or PSA KS-47 would be neat in 9x39
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any update on more Ammo coming to the US?
View Quote
I'll have Tula ammo here tomorrow......believe it is a 250ish grain FMJ-BT
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So does it feed better from an AR style x39 mag or an AK style x39 mag? I think an AK mag AR lower like the CMMG MK47 or PSA KS-47 would be neat in 9x39
View Quote
I’ve been using unimags at the suggestion of others on here. Grendel mags did not work nearly as well, only a round or 2 at a time.

I did have to polish an area on each side of the follower in the unimag to reduce some friction. You can still only get 3-5 rounds to feed reliably with my experimentation. Any more and the mag swells (by design) and it becomes super difficult to seat in the magwell.

I’m getting good groups at 50, but at 100 yards I’m getting several inches of vertical stringing out of a 7.5 inch barrel. I didn’t have a chronograph with me to confirm a variance in velocity (which I think is probably the culprit). This is the wolf 278 grain stuff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone have any updates on magazines either from Piedmont, or existing magazines that work with more than a couple rounds (and any modifications to make to them)?

Basically with more than 6 rounds in a Unimag I can't get it to seat in the mag well without a hammer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Are your 6.5G mags steel? If so cut those suckers in half and start tweaking stuff and weld them back together
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone have any updates on magazines either from Piedmont, or existing magazines that work with more than a couple rounds (and any modifications to make to them)?

Basically with more than 6 rounds in a Unimag I can't get it to seat in the mag well without a hammer.
View Quote
I have been using 7.62x39mm mags......I think they are the best available at the moment for an AR.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top