Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 2/5/2016 11:21:19 AM EDT
Eating breakfast and having coffee at a place not far from the house before going to work this morning. The GF over hears two men talking about how they do not believe women should be in combat roles in the military . She got a little perturbed and ask my thoughts which did not fix the hurt feelings , because I said I agree with them. She ask why , and I answered how is a woman supposed to pull a 200 pound man in full combat gear to safety during a fire fight when she weighs weigh 120 pounds and can't carry 50 pounds of weight across a parking lot?

Any way I got to hear the women can do what men do speech again, blah blah blah.  Facts be damned  

Is every woman today mentally diseased ?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
pics
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
First? Oh okay

Eject
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Eating breakfast and having coffee at a place not far from the house before going to work this morning. The GF over hears two men talking about how they do not believe women should be in combat roles in the military . She got a little perturbed and ask my thoughts which did not fix the hurt feelings , because I said I agree with them. She ask why , and I answered how is a woman supposed to pull a 200 pound man in full combat gear to safety during a fire fight when she weighs weigh 120 pounds and can't carry 50 pounds of weight across a parking lot?

Any way I got to hear the women can do what men do speech again, blah blah blah.  Facts be damned  

View Quote

CSB.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If they can physically to at least as well as the men around them, I don't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this a callout for a Oklahoma brother for stunt cock?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
To answer your question, yes they are.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a national disgrace.  obama should be impeached for this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]
No. Every woman is not diseased. Start by not dating a feminist. If she is convinced she's ready, show her where the recruiting office is. No way in heck I'd make it through Ranger school. But if she's convinced she's combat ready, let her sign up. Then eject.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I think that if you posted her pic here it would make great strides towards making her feel better.

Especially if she's wearing yoga pants or similar.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Just ask her for a six o'clock Rustler when you get home.

Should fix everything.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Isn't there data somewhere saying that combat medics will spend more time on a woman that isn't going to make it than they will on a man in a similar condition?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

They've been hearing it for so long they believe it
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Employ strict physical standards.  If you're a skinny guy, fat guy, woman or whatever and can meet the standards, get after it.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they can physically to at least as well as the men around them, I don't have a problem with it.
View Quote

If the same standard is used yes I agree.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Well you aren't wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Well you aren't wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Prove them all wrong hun

IMO the same thing applies to police. Do we really expect 5'2 95lb Marybeth to chase down a 6'4 Jamal?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#18]
She is feeling rather than reasoning.  Lots of people do it, but women do it more.

No, not every woman is like this.  The ones that aren't are usually in stable relationships, so you're not finding them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just ask her for a six o'clock Rustler when you get home.

Should fix everything.
View Quote

That works on so many levels.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I disagree entirely with the ban, but only believe in lifting it if all standards remain the same. One of the first female petty officers that I worked for was 5'11" and 170lbs of muscle. She had spent the last 6 years working specops support in a time where intel guys often went out with the teams for data collection. She was just as capable if not more capable than many of the men I served with over the years to deploy in a combat role. This is the type of woman that could do this. If we opened to the field to all applicable candidates with zero changes to the physical expectations than I don't suspect many women would be able to do it, but the few that could would be respected and viewed as peers and not some bs affirmative action push.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Unless she's PFC Vasquez, I'm just not seeing it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#23]
OP should have told her if she could drag him from the restaurant to the car he'd drive her to the recruiting office.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Show her this

and ask why there are two different standards.  If you want to fight that battle, which I wouldn't.  

My wife an I were eating lunch and there was a WNBA game on TV.  I said something about it now bad they are compared to NBA players and she disagreed.  I pointed out that the 3 point lines and size of the balls were different, and that there are probably good, male 8th graders that could do what the professional women are doing and she got pissed.  

We were talking about college sports and I said that it really doesn't matter what happens to the sports that don't make money, which is practically every collegiate women's athletic team except for UCONN and Tennessee women's basketball.  Typically the school's football team makes the money that is supporting the teams that are in the red, and men's basketball typically breaks even.*  That's just the dollars and cents behind it and she got pissed.  

*There are exceptions; I am sure Duke, North Carolina, and schools like that bring in enough money through men's basketball to support some of their university's teams that are in the red.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#25]
If she has the ability to do the work, then she should be able to join.

Some women are built for looking pretty, some for work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#26]
We shouldn't have allowed women to vote.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is every woman today mentally diseased?
View Quote

Meh, you're dating her.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask her why women don't compete against men in athletics and if she thinks when people are trying to kill each other will they try harder or less hard to live than a game?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#29]
next time you have some heavy shit around the house that she needs to have moved.....   tell her to put on her equal rights panties and move that shit herself.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

next time you have some heavy shit around the house that she needs to have moved.....   tell her to put on her equal rights panties and move that shit herself.
View Quote

Probably not a good plan though.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Tell her to stand flat footed three feet from a urinal and take a piss in it.

Different parts do different jobs.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Want to really piss her off?

Ask her if women are so capable of doing anything men can do, then why can't they raise and lower the toilet seats themselves? They are the ones that benefit from it both up and down but I swear they can't lift or lower the damn thing.

Yes, I've already said that to several women, pissed off every one of them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Most of the people who want women in combat have never been in combat. Or the military. Social justice. Yay!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but apparently you chose to involve yourself with one who is.  Why did you do that?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife thinks if they can pass the same test as the men, they should go.... If not, stay home.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Find 200lb man... Add battle rattle... Find any woman that believes they can do it the same as male... Equip with battle rattle... Have female drag male to safety. Then have male do the same. Time evolution and compare... Say "told you so".
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Show her this.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#38]
GD constantly reaffirms my marriage. I don't know if there is any thing else good that comes from GD, but there is that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Our society has the wrong approach to differences.

Instead of making the best use of differences, exploiting the various strengths, we instead pretend that everyone is the same.

Such a waste.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Show her this.

http://i.imgur.com/tE0qrmr.jpg

View Quote

I was talking to a Bundeswehr engineer while we were doing the German Marksmanship Badge, and that's exactly what he described their ruck movements as, except the women were in the back of a truck while the men shared the extra rucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Fuck biology!

They can do everything men can....sure.

Let me know when women start playing LB or OL or...well...any position aside from kicker, in football at a level higher than fucking high school successfully.

or they start lining up at point guard in the NBA.

Combat roles are fucking hard and physical. The little I dealt with females while in the infantry, I was not impressed. I distinctly remember having a couple female MPs along to help with females on a mission when we were hitting a housing compound. We got there, I dismounted in full gear/SAW/assault pack...at night...so...nods down...along with rest of fire team. We sprint the 50 or so yards to our positions to pull security. About 30 secs later they both mosey on up, out of breath and huffing and puffing in nothing but armor and an M4. Looked at me all deer in the headlights..."How the fuck do you guys move so fast in all that?"

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I disagree entirely with the ban, but only believe in lifting it if all standards remain the same. One of the first female petty officers that I worked for was 5'11" and 170lbs of muscle. She had spent the last 6 years working specops support in a time where intel guys often went out with the teams for data collection. She was just as capable if not more capable than many of the men I served with over the years to deploy in a combat role. This is the type of woman that could do this. If we opened to the field to all applicable candidates with zero changes to the physical expectations than I don't suspect many women would be able to do it, but the few that could would be respected and viewed as peers and not some bs affirmative action push.
View Quote

They've had females working with specops for a long time.

A good chunk of those that are assigned for long periods may or may not have an affinity for needles (not saying this one did...just...not unusual)

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. Just a fuckload of them. Blame liberals. Men are stronger than women it is genetics. Men are designed to hunt, kill, build, and protect. Women are designed to have children and take care of them, cook, clean, organize. We both have our strengths and weaknesses. It is just life. It doesn't mean that men are more important than women or that women are more important than men. We just both have our roles.

Oh yeah in before all the women and white knights on here start blasting me for being "sexist".
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.

Mine the other night for reference:
Plans: Go to dinner
Phone call on her way home from college: "I want to come home.  Maybe take a shower but definitely change."
Gets home.  "Should I change?" I believe this to be code for, "Should I get ready so we can go to dinner?"  I say, "Yes."  WRONG!  
Turns out: "YOU always tell ME I have to change!  YOU always tell ME I need to dress up!  What about YOU?!?  YOU have been wearing the same thing for a month so why do YOU get to tell ME what to do?  It's BOBBY'S WORLD!"
I just ignore.  She gets in shower.  Comes out.  I'm resting on the couch with my eyes closed and hanging with the dog waiting for her to get ready.
"OH!  YOU are sleeping?  I guess we're not going to dinner tonight!"

Shit storm ensues as she rampages.  Short of it is there's no dinner and she goes by herself to meet my friends.  I stayed home with the dog.

Women need meds.  Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Employ strict physical standards.  If you're a skinny guy, fat guy, woman or whatever and can meet the standards, get after it.  

View Quote

Agree, there are some women that are tougher than some men. Pick your standards and stick with them, no matter the sex.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#46]
They carrying a 200 pound man thing is avoided if you put them in units based around their size, but i'm sure someone would get butt hurt. Feelings over logic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Prove them all wrong hun

IMO the same thing applies to police. Do we really expect 5'2 95lb Marybeth to chase down a 6'4 Jamal?
View Quote

But Jamal is so gentle. Why would you need to chase him down when he is turning his life around?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Show her this.

http://i.imgur.com/tE0qrmr.jpg

View Quote

Pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with your statements, if they are as physically capable,  fine, but for me, it's more than that.  Sure I'm "old school" at 45, but it's psychological to me.  The thought of a female soldier getting captured and then raped and tortured is for some reason,  "worse" to me than a male getting captured and tortured. I'm not even sure why except I think women should be protected, and not exposed to that sort of crap.

I could be wrong, but for me, I don't think even if they are physically equal,  that I would want that woman to be exposed to the terrible things of war, or worse, capture.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top