Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Human females are physically and mentally engineered to tend to the children inside the cave.  Human males are physically and mentally engineered to fight off the saber toothed tigers outside the cave.  This isn't social gender roles, this is the result of 50,000 years of evolution of trying to reproduce the human species while fighting off saber toothed tigers.

That's not saying women can't take a whack at saber toothed tigers if they want to, and that's not saying guys can't tend to a child and leave fighting saber toothed tigers to others if they want to. The fact still remains that females are still engineered to tend to the children inside the cave and males are still engineered to fight off the saber toothed tigers outside the cave, and the more that people try to go outside their mental and physical engineering given to them by 50,000 years of evolution, the harder it will be for them to accomplish it.

Go ahead and call me sexist but I have yet to find anyone who can explain to me why this is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ask her for a six o'clock Rustler when you get home.

Should fix everything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]

My SO sound like OP's gf.

I tell her when women compete with men in the Olympics we can talk.

OP is correct. Facts do not matter.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I disagree entirely with the ban, but only believe in lifting it if all standards remain the same. One of the first female petty officers that I worked for was 5'11" and 170lbs of muscle. She had spent the last 6 years working specops support in a time where intel guys often went out with the teams for data collection. She was just as capable if not more capable than many of the men I served with over the years to deploy in a combat role. This is the type of woman that could do this. If we opened to the field to all applicable candidates with zero changes to the physical expectations than I don't suspect many women would be able to do it, but the few that could would be respected and viewed as peers and not some bs affirmative action push.
View Quote

I agree with this. If the requirements are universal, anyone who can meet them is qualified. The top percentage of females will overlap the bottom percentage of males whenever it comes to physical capabilities.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They carrying a 200 pound man thing is avoided if you put them in units based around their size, but i'm sure someone would get butt hurt. Feelings over logic.
View Quote

That will solve all the problems!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Meh, you're dating her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is every woman today mentally diseased?

Meh, you're dating her.

Game. Set. Match.

And no, women aren't all mentally diseased, not any more than men are all masochistic retards.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They've been hearing it for so long they believe it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eating breakfast and having coffee at a place not far from the house before going to work this morning. The GF over hears two men talking about how they do not believe women should be in combat roles in the military . She got a little perturbed and ask my thoughts which did not fix the hurt feelings , because I said I agree with them. She ask why , and I answered how is a woman supposed to pull a 200 pound man in full combat gear to safety during a fire fight when she weighs weigh 120 pounds and can't carry 50 pounds of weight across a parking lot?

Any way I got to hear the women can do what men do speech again, blah blah blah.  Facts be damned  

Is every woman today mentally diseased ?

THIS
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Should fix everything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree with your statements, if they are as physically capable,  fine, but for me, it's more than that.  Sure I'm "old school" at 45, but it's psychological to me.  The thought of a female soldier getting captured and then raped and tortured is for some reason,  "worse" to me than a male getting captured and tortured. I'm not even sure why except I think women should be protected, and not exposed to that sort of crap.

I could be wrong, but for me, I don't think even if they are physically equal,  that I would want that woman to be exposed to the terrible things of war, or worse, capture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I disagree entirely with the ban, but only believe in lifting it if all standards remain the same. One of the first female petty officers that I worked for was 5'11" and 170lbs of muscle. She had spent the last 6 years working specops support in a time where intel guys often went out with the teams for data collection. She was just as capable if not more capable than many of the men I served with over the years to deploy in a combat role. This is the type of woman that could do this. If we opened to the field to all applicable candidates with zero changes to the physical expectations than I don't suspect many women would be able to do it, but the few that could would be respected and viewed as peers and not some bs affirmative action push.

I agree with your statements, if they are as physically capable,  fine, but for me, it's more than that.  Sure I'm "old school" at 45, but it's psychological to me.  The thought of a female soldier getting captured and then raped and tortured is for some reason,  "worse" to me than a male getting captured and tortured. I'm not even sure why except I think women should be protected, and not exposed to that sort of crap.

I could be wrong, but for me, I don't think even if they are physically equal,  that I would want that woman to be exposed to the terrible things of war, or worse, capture.

Its not our job to protect them, any more than we would protect a fellow man. If a buddy died in combat (i lost a few) I always just accepted that we had all signed up for this. I wouldn't picture it any differently with a female. My wife was more at risk on two back to back deployments of getting raped by our fellow service members than she would be of being taken by the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#11]
As long as women meet the same standards as men...sure, let them into combat.  That will give the term "foxhole" a whole new meaning.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Game. Set. Match.

And no, women aren't all mentally diseased, not any more than men are all masochistic retards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh, you're dating her.

Game. Set. Match.

Oh sweetie, but we are.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is this a callout for a Oklahoma brother for stunt cock?
View Quote

I'm closer..
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh sweetie, but we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, you're dating her.

Game. Set. Match.

Oh sweetie, but we are.

And we don't try to hide it either!  I have a bloodthirst for suffering!  

Maybe you meant we're not all misogynists?  And to that, I would also say...WE ARE!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh sweetie, but we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, you're dating her.

Game. Set. Match.

Oh sweetie, but we are.

Thank god I found my unicorn, then.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It isn't just about the physical requirements. Sure, there are going to be some that can get past that, but then how long do they last after making it? They already have a damn high rate of injury and medical release as it is. Also, take a look at units that have females now and how many are deployable at any given time. After that, take a look at the studies that have been done in countries that did integrate females into combat roles and what happened to the MEN in those unit. It's an unnecessary distraction that will only serve to get people killed so that a very few females can play combat. There is zero benefit to having females in combat roles and the negatives outweigh the positives by a long shot. In fact, there is not a single thing they are bringing to the table.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It isn't just about the physical requirements. Sure, there are going to be some that can get past that, but then how long do they last after making it? They already have a damn high rate of injury and medical release as it is. Also, take a look at units that have females now and how many are deployable at any given time. After that, take a look at the studies that have been done in countries that did integrate females into combat roles and what happened to the MEN in those unit. It's an unnecessary distraction that will only serve to get people killed so that a very few females can play combat. There is zero benefit to having females in combat roles and the negatives outweigh the positives by a long shot. In fact, there is not a single thing they are bringing to the table.
Sammiches?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That works on so many levels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should fix everything.

six o'clock Rustler isn't in Urban Dictinary... What is it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eating breakfast and having coffee at a place not far from the house before going to work this morning. The GF over hears two men talking about how they do not believe women should be in combat roles in the military . She got a little perturbed and ask my thoughts which did not fix the hurt feelings , because I said I agree with them. She ask why , and I answered how is a woman supposed to pull a 200 pound man in full combat gear to safety during a fire fight when she weighs weigh 120 pounds and can't carry 50 pounds of weight across a parking lot?

Any way I got to hear the women can do what men do speech again, blah blah blah.  Facts be damned  

Yes we are ALL like that, no deviation whatsoever.

Actually I don't think that way and neither do any of the other women I know. If a woman can pass the standard physical tests (not altered ones that make it easier for women), then by all means she should try out. I do not think there are many women that could do it. Even when I was young and in great condition (for me) I couldn't compete with a man and I knew it. Of course I'm a Lullaby League munchkin at 5' tall.

All that being said, I'm going to be 57 in a couple of months. Maybe many younger women are deluded? I don't understand how a lot of people think nowadays regardless of age...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If they can physically to at least as well as the men around them, I don't have a problem with it.
View Quote

This. But they have to be helo do the same PT standard as the men. No more bullshit separate PT scoring for women. Of and at least roll it back to 90's standards. The current standards of 17-21 year olds are the old 22-26  year olds standards.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#23]
So ruck up with with a 100lbs load and head out for a 15 mile hike. She how she fairs..... hell see how you do.

Of course if you have Cheetos dust on your chin while reading this hold off on the test.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They carrying a 200 pound man thing is avoided if you put them in units based around their size, but i'm sure someone would get butt hurt. Feelings over logic.
View Quote

We deploy with combat units from different services. Does this mean that we will have to specifically have a pool of women (who make up a very small portion of our MOS) in order to support female combat units?

If that happened, what if one of our women gets pulled from the team (like due to death or injury)...then what? There was only 1 woman in our last group in AFG.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Pick her up and carry her across parking lot while wearing 50lb pack.

Take pack off and ask her to carry you back to starting point.

Wear gloves at work several weeks before this challenge or start looking for new girlfriend because the only thing this test will prove to her is that she no longer wants the sexy time with you.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh, you're dating her.

Game. Set. Match.

Oh sweetie, but we are.

He's just better at hiding it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should fix everything.

Gotta say I wanna know
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If they can physically to at least as well as the men around them, I don't have a problem with it.
View Quote

Yep. Don't cut the upper body strength physical fitness standard by 50% for women and then maybe we'll talk about it...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]

I had a really good conversation about this with a buddy of mine and aside from the physical part something else came up that I thought was very interesting.

There is a wired desire to "save" or "rescue" woman. So, if one in a combat role was injured one of the men could put himself and others at risk attempting a mistimed rescue. To me, there is absolutely no point, it is just politics and feels.

<------ former military, not combat, but thinks very logically.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Why is it so hard to understand that men and women aren't equal.  That's not a bad thing.  Just the truth.  

I believe a couple politicians have put forth a bill that would require women to register for the draft.  Be interesting to see how women react to the thought of that.  I'm guessing they won't like it one bit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, this is what I'm referring to. It's a study that Israel did when they integrated females with all male infantry and it failed because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a really good conversation about this with a buddy of mine and aside from the physical part something else came up that I thought was very interesting.

There is a wired desire to "save" or "rescue" woman. So, if one in a combat role was injured one of the men could put himself and others at risk attempting a mistimed rescue. To me, there is absolutely no point, it is just politics and feels.

<------ former military, not combat, but thinks very logically.

Yes, this is what I'm referring to. It's a study that Israel did when they integrated females with all male infantry and it failed because of it.

Oh, cool. Yeah it was a great conversation. I was unaware that actual studies have already been done.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#34]
If you can pass the same standards set by the men, then have at it. Too bad that isn't going to happen.

Unless the woman is taking steroids, she is never going to be as physically strong as a man. PERIOD.

Link to some records

those bench presses aren't impressive for collegiate athletes.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Actually I don't think that way and neither do any of the other women I know. If a woman can pass the standard physical tests (not altered ones that make it easier for women), then by all means she should try out. I do not think there are many women that could do it. Even when I was young and in great condition (for me) I couldn't compete with a man and I knew it. Of course I'm a Lullaby League munchkin at 5' tall.

All that being said, I'm going to be 57 in a couple of months. Maybe many younger women are deluded? I don't understand how a lot of people think nowadays regardless of age...
View Quote

I grew up in a house where there were three males. In retrospect I felt sorry for my mother being the only female
Once I was married and had a family I lived in a house with a wife and two daughters.
the daughters and all of their female friends strongly believed in the mantra.
I heard it straight from them many times.
This current generation has been raised to believe the phrase is accurate in all ways
It was just one more topic of disagreement I had with the ex
She and my daughters pretty much hate my father and brother and pitied my mother for being married to my father for 52 years
They see my immediate family ( father/ brother ) as essentially 'anti-female' and sexist because they wont regurgitate the 'women can do it all " mantra on cue
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes.

Mine the other night for reference:
Plans: Go to dinner
Phone call on her way home from college: "I want to come home.  Maybe take a shower but definitely change."
Gets home.  "Should I change?" I believe this to be code for, "Should I get ready so we can go to dinner?"  I say, "Yes."  WRONG!  
Turns out: "YOU always tell ME I have to change!  YOU always tell ME I need to dress up!  What about YOU?!?  YOU have been wearing the same thing for a month so why do YOU get to tell ME what to do?  It's BOBBY'S WORLD!"
I just ignore.  She gets in shower.  Comes out.  I'm resting on the couch with my eyes closed and hanging with the dog waiting for her to get ready.
"OH!  YOU are sleeping?  I guess we're not going to dinner tonight!"

Shit storm ensues as she rampages.  Short of it is there's no dinner and she goes by herself to meet my friends.  I stayed home with the dog.

Women need meds.  Plain and simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Phone call on her way home from college: "I want to come home.  Maybe take a shower but definitely change."
Gets home.  "Should I change?" I believe this to be code for, "Should I get ready so we can go to dinner?"  I say, "Yes."  WRONG!  
Turns out: "YOU always tell ME I have to change!  YOU always tell ME I need to dress up!  What about YOU?!?  YOU have been wearing the same thing for a month so why do YOU get to tell ME what to do?  It's BOBBY'S WORLD!"
I just ignore.  She gets in shower.  Comes out.  I'm resting on the couch with my eyes closed and hanging with the dog waiting for her to get ready.

Shit storm ensues as she rampages.  Short of it is there's no dinner and she goes by herself to meet my friends.  I stayed home with the dog.

I would not tolerate that behavior for more than one minute.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Prove them all wrong hun

IMO the same thing applies to police. Do we really expect 5'2 95lb Marybeth to chase down a 6'4 Jamal?
View Quote

In the town I live if the female cop pulls you over two to three other cops will show up to help.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

What he said. That is a plain old temper tantrum and should not be tolerated by anyone over the age of 3. Either that or there's more to the story.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Our society has the wrong approach to differences.

Instead of making the best use of differences, exploiting the various strengths, we instead pretend that everyone is the same.

Such a waste.

View Quote

+1. That's what my wife always says too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
The problem is that they *NEVER* base it on their capabilities. They always lower the standards for women.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I grew up in a house where there were three males. In retrospect I felt sorry for my mother being the only female
Once I was married and had a family I lived in a house with a wife and two daughters.
This current generation has been raised to believe the phrase is accurate in all ways
She and my daughters pretty much hate my father and brother and pitied my mother for being married to my father for 52 years
They see my immediate family ( father/ brother ) as essentially 'anti-female' and sexist because they wont regurgitate the 'women can do it all " mantra on cue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women can't "do it all." Neither can men. Survival of the species requires both, as does survival of society. The sexes are different; no denying that. And it's not a bad thing. "Equal" isn't the same thing as "exactly the same." We all have our strengths, and beauty and satisfaction is found in realizing and capitalizing on one's strengths, realizing your shortcomings, and finding someone who complements both.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, My wife Agrees with the two men, you, and I.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What he said. That is a plain old temper tantrum and should not be tolerated by anyone over the age of 3. Either that or there's more to the story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Nope.  Truly the whole story.  Summarized a bit to shorten the conversation...but literally...what ensued.  She's on her period.  I think she's seriously bipolar.  This is my wife I'm talking about.  She'll be sweet as can be for 3 weeks loving me and the world, then it's like a switch flip and everything is shit and I'm garbage/never change and it happens on a monthly basis.  It's absolutely mental and definitely old at this point.  I pretty much ignore 9 out of 10 of the tantrums.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#45]
The master stroke of the left was to frame the issue as "women in combat" rather than "women in the infantry".   Women can pull triggers too.  Most people have no idea what infantry life is like, because they'd be complaining bitterly that it exists at all if they did.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Instead of making the best use of differences, exploiting the various strengths, we instead pretend that everyone is the same.

Such a waste.

View Quote
Exactly.

Soviets used women as snipers and ground based radar operators when Soviet air craft didn't carry radar, they worked with the pilots over the radio.

Everyone is most successful when they are placed where they work the best.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Prove them all wrong hun

IMO the same thing applies to police. Do we really expect 5'2 95lb Marybeth to chase down a 6'4 Jamal?
View Quote

Nahhh, police aren't going to be huffing it through combat zones.  Cops are not soldiers.  And on that note, do you think either of these guys could chase down 6'4" Jamla.  Or could you?
Not dogging, just asking...

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Exactly.

Soviets used women as snipers and ground based radar operators when Soviet air craft didn't carry radar, they worked with the pilots over the radio.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a waste.

Exactly.

Truth. There are lots of things I'm good at and lots of things that I'm not good at. My husband is the same and together we make a formidable team.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Show her this
http://bootcamp4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Army-physical-fitness-test-standards-1024x414.jpg

and ask why there are two different standards.  If you want to fight that battle, which I wouldn't.  

My wife an I were eating lunch and there was a WNBA game on TV.  I said something about it now bad they are compared to NBA players and she disagreed.  I pointed out that the 3 point lines and size of the balls were different, and that there are probably good, male 8th graders that could do what the professional women are doing and she got pissed.  

We were talking about college sports and I said that it really doesn't matter what happens to the sports that don't make money, which is practically every collegiate women's athletic team except for UCONN and Tennessee women's basketball.  Typically the school's football team makes the money that is supporting the teams that are in the red, and men's basketball typically breaks even.*  That's just the dollars and cents behind it and she got pissed.  

*There are exceptions; I am sure Duke, North Carolina, and schools like that bring in enough money through men's basketball to support some of their university's teams that are in the red.
View Quote

Women pros are still pros and would destroy any 8th grader all star team.  They are professionals, that is all they do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Employ strict physical standards.  If you're a skinny guy, fat guy, woman or whatever and can meet the standards, get after it.  

View Quote

yup

and make the standards apply to the job.  

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top