Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will be a boring debate.  They will say nothing.  Record ratings for the network.
MSM will declare Hillary the winner if she stays conscious.
View Quote

You are delusional MSM will declare Hillary the winner if she pass out in the first 5 seconds.

Page 2!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The contrast between the two couldn't be more stark and I think Trump will use that to his advantage.

I think he's going to keep it lighthearted and throw in some humor while staying on message and looking like he knows he has the election in the bag.  It will be the perfect counter to Hillary's staunch, pissed off, robotic demeanor that everyone is used to seeing.

Trump won the primary debates by NOT being a talking-point regurgitator like the rest.

Trump's biggest advantage is that he's still a mystery to a huge number of voters.  Hillary's disadvantage is that she has been the same unlikable witch since she first landed on the public scene over 2 decades ago.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can't wait to see her fall off her step stool.
View Quote

That would be Hillarious to see!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Mr. Trump, you said that Secretary Clinton is deceitful.  However, we have a quote here from fact-checking site politifact.com that she has in fact never lied in her life.  Why do you hate women?"
View Quote
Hillarys a woman?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So what's your forecast for the Trump-Clinton debate?
View Quote

Is there going to be a debate? Trumptards were insisting that Hillary would drop out...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Lester Holt, as a employee of NBC, which is owned by GE, which has gotten billions in  subsidies from Obama, Will at every turn behave as a surrogate for Hillary Clinton, and the progressive regime that underpins the current make up of American politics.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the things Trump has going for him is he doesn't NEED the presidency and can afford to be a bit more relaxed.

Hillary is terrified because she NEEDS the presidency to keep from going to jail. She'll be as tight as a tick.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Trump is going to say a bunch of dump shit that he should know better by now not to say.

That's my fear.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Prediction?

PAIN
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Doubtful. Trump is a smart guy who got himself to where he is by doing what needs to be done. He knows how to play the game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im voting Trump no matter what, but I foresee him putting his foot in his mouth

Doubtful. Trump is a smart guy who got himself to where he is by doing what needs to be done. He knows how to play the game.

This.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Honestly?

I think Clinton has been rope-a-doping and will come out of the gates way better than any of us are expecting her to.  She's a career politician, this is what she does…she won't be beaten easily.  Trump has to stay calm, stay on message, and appear in control and "presidential".  Trump doesn't have to "win" he just has to "beat the spread".  If he can do good enough on the policy stuff, look good (see JFK vs. Nixon), and avoid putting his foot in his mouth...
View Quote

LOL. How often does he manage to do that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I just hope she screeches. Men, black, white, Hispanic, whatever love screeching women.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going to drink every time Hillary dodges a scandal question by saying some variant of "that's in the past and I think Americans want to hear about the future direction of the country."

View Quote

One shot?  How many gallons do you have on hand?

You have someone to take you to the emergency room?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Trump is by all accounts not prepping for this debate. If this is true he will get trounced by Hillary just as Biden trounced Sara Palin 8 years ago and Cruz/Rubio roughed up Trump in the Republican debates using classic debate logic and pointing out past inconsistencies. Trump may have lost on points but he thoroughly convinced those watching that he was much stronger than Cruz/Rubio and therefore a threat to the country club GOP who could actually get things done if elected.

The analogy I would use is that Trump is a bar fighter with a powerful right hook going up against a skilled boxer. The boxer (lawyer) will out box him convincingly but there is always the chance Trump could land a KO hay-maker with a stinging come-back barb or similar and therefore 'win' the debate despite being out-pointed by Hillary. Remember Trump is going against the crowd and moderators as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]
IIRC, Lester Holt is a registered Republican voter.  He's the wildcard in this debate.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I feel sure Trump is doing some prep work for the debate but is just putting out  disinformation about "not preparing".
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL no...

Clinton has never faced a debate opponent who actually had balls.  The closest she got was against Obama in the 2008 primaries and he destroyed her while pulling his punches.

Hillary has had 8 more years of terrible decisions, bad leadership, and scandals since then.  The media is going to try to make her look good but there's a reason her campaign has kept her away from the press for nearly a year... there are too many questions she can't answer and, when she tries, she comes across as shrill and defensive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly?

I think Clinton has been rope-a-doping and will come out of the gates way better than any of us are expecting her to.  She's a career politician, this is what she does…she won't be beaten easily.

LOL no...

Clinton has never faced a debate opponent who actually had balls.  The closest she got was against Obama in the 2008 primaries and he destroyed her while pulling his punches.

Hillary has had 8 more years of terrible decisions, bad leadership, and scandals since then.  The media is going to try to make her look good but there's a reason her campaign has kept her away from the press for nearly a year... there are too many questions she can't answer and, when she tries, she comes across as shrill and defensive.

Let's hope you are right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think so.

He is going to act presidential. That is all he needs to do and he knows it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's going to go to work on her with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

I don't think so.

He is going to act presidential. That is all he needs to do and he knows it.

At this point he needs to maintain  momentum, she needs to reverse it. They both have their script. He needs to let her run out of steam, control himself while she burns the drugs out of her system. And close strong. The Tuesday headline needs to be the man who would be King.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I expect this:

https://youtu.be/kJBKyTfCjCc

... followed by this:

I WON! NO, I WON! YOU DIDN'T WIN, I WON! ARE YOU NUTS I CLEARLY WON! YOU CERTAINLY DIDN'T WIN SO I WON!

The Media then declares Hillary the winner.
View Quote

lol it won't matter what the media "declares." Far fewer people will see their declarations than will see the debate. They are expecting Super Bowl type ratings for this shit lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lester Holt, as a employee of NBC, which is owned by GE, which has gotten billions in  subsidies from Obama, Will at every turn behave as a surrogate for Hillary Clinton, and the progressive regime that underpins the current make up of American politics.
View Quote

Trump campaign just announced a $140M ad buy. It is in the media's interest to maintain a dead heat.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is there going to be a debate? Trumptards were insisting that Hillary would drop out...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's your forecast for the Trump-Clinton debate?

It's up to astro alignments and Hillary's ability to maintain some regularity in temperament in relation to her drug regime. Won't know probably till late afternoon.

She might have to call in a favor from her Al-Qaeda buddies, cause the event to be cancelled or something. They owe her....
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is why MSNBC is pretty much the voice of the WH/ Valerie Jarrett.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Trump is by all accounts not prepping for this debate. If this is true he will get trounced by Hillary just as Biden trounced Sara Palin 8 years ago and Cruz/Rubio roughed up Trump in the Republican debates using classic debate logic and pointing out past inconsistencies. Trump may have lost on points but he thoroughly convinced those watching that he was much stronger than Cruz/Rubio and therefore a threat to the country club GOP who could actually get things done if elected.

The analogy I would use is that Trump is a bar fighter with a powerful right hook going up against a skilled boxer. The boxer (lawyer) will out box him convincingly but there is always the chance Trump could land a KO hay-maker with a stinging come-back barb or similar and therefore 'win' the debate despite being out-pointed by Hillary. Remember Trump is going against the crowd and moderators as well.
View Quote

Joe Biden beat up on a woman in a debate. what a scumbag.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I think she will be easier to needle into acting like a child than Yeb was. She will not be shown much deference and that will make the beast come out because nobody talks to her like that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holt may do as you say, but it won't be because GE got subsidies from the government.
GE sold its interest in NBC in 2013.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Trump will lose. She will shred him with truths and a whole lot of lies that will go unchallenged in the press.
Trump cannot debate as he cannot put a complete coherent sentence together.

ETD At some point he will rip her and she will call him a misogynist and the loons will love it and the press will run with it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Hillary will be very stressed from the beginning.  Trump will attack.  She wiil then have a "spell" that will develop into a "2 weeks" collapse.

Two Weeks

And this will pop out:

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Hillary will live and not have a coughing fit.  Trump will do okay and the MSM will label Trump an idiot and Hillary the winner.

Oh how I hope she glitches out, head spins around and she explodes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Everybody here seems to be counting on Hillary seizing up, passing out, or dropping dead during the debates in order for Trump to win them.

But what happens if the debates are pretty uneventful?  Do you still think Trump will win then?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#32]
The moderators doing everything they can do to make Trump look bad.

They will ask Hillary questions, that on the surface look legitimate but they know she is prepared to answer, while with Trump they will ask stupid questions that only a career politician could answer or questions that are to just flat out embarrass him.

The moderators will not even try to be honest, they do not have to, their friends and colleagues will applaud them. Their careers are only on the line if they make Hillary look bad.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#33]
An old woman with a lazy eye is going to try and jump behind the "don't hit me, I'm a girl" defense each and every time her opponent points out that she is an old woman with a lazy eye AND a terrible personality.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#34]
SHOUTING CONTEST

Trump dismissing multiple responses with a short wave of his hand and a face that says 'pfffffft'.

Hillary playing the victim AND woman card.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Hillary will get a pass on any question she can't get. Trump will have to jump the high bar for the moderators. I expect a 2012 moment when the one moderator said Romney was wrong.

If Trump can keep cool, he'll do fine - if he attacks, sometimes he misspeaks or says strange things. He needs to work on his details. Hillary will use her snarky bitch tone to attack any chance she can get without any reprisal. She doesn't need to talk about details, because she'll be promising the moon to people wanting more free shit. Trump will look like the Grinch.

She'll be so doped up, she'll unfortunately make it the 90 minutes, standing, no breaks.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Everybody here seems to be counting on Hillary seizing up, passing out, or dropping dead during the debates in order for Trump to win them.

But what happens if the debates are pretty uneventful?  Do you still think Trump will win then?
View Quote

Yes.

See my post on page 1.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Trump is a made for TV kind of guy. He is very comfortable on the small screen and knows how to do it.

Hillary is a lousy campaigner and a lousy debater.

As other's have mentioned, Trump just has to keep cool and look presidential and he will "win".
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm going to drink every time Hillary dodges a scandal question by saying some variant of "that's in the past and I think Americans want to hear about the future direction of the country."

View Quote

It was nice knowing you. I, for one, will miss your posts. Dying from alcohol poisoning is gonna suck.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hillarys a woman?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Mr. Trump, you said that Secretary Clinton is deceitful.  However, we have a quote here from fact-checking site politifact.com that she has in fact never lied in her life.  Why do you hate women?"
Hillarys a woman?

gee, who'd have thunk it, spawn of Satan demons have genders.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#40]
They will have heat lights on Donald and an orange filter on his camera.

The moderator will attack him.

Hillary will be fanned with palm fronds by network reporters while a softening filter is used to film her and special software is used to turn her coughs into angelic harp music.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Trump is by all accounts not prepping for this debate.

View Quote

LOL "by all accounts".

Whose "accounts" would those be, exactly?

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Trump campaign just announced a $140M ad buy. It is in the media's interest to maintain a dead heat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember the concern trolls whining about Trump not running ads and I told them an ad blitz was coming after the first debate.

The Trump campaign plan is moving forward as expected.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#43]
edit.  was thinking election, not debate.

for the debate trump will call her out on every bs thing she did and she'll try to act like it was all legal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Trump will lose. She will shred him with truths and a whole lot of lies that will go unchallenged in the press.

Trump cannot debate as he cannot put a complete coherent sentence together.

View Quote

There you go again proving you haven't been paying attention to a fucking thing for the past few months.

You seem to do this in every Trump-related thread.  Instead of criticizing the man based on MSM headlines, how about you actually watch a few of his recent speeches and rallies?  Or is that too hard?

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely he'll win.  Whether the media says so or not, the polls will all show Trump is the winner.

Trump is likable and charismatic.  Hillary is the exact opposite.

Even if she has the best debate performance of her life, she still loses because people already know her personality and what she stands for.  Nobody is going to learn anything new about Hillary Clinton on Monday night.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

LOL "by all accounts".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL "by all accounts".

Several commentators have mentioned it, but mainly Trump himself during a recent interview (with O'reilly maybe ?)

Trump has eschewed traditional debate preparations, but has held midflight policy discussions with a rotating cast of advisers

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAMPAIGN_2016_DEBATE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-09-24-10-50-56

I will admit it could be a misdirection as someone noted above.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shitshow
View Quote

Basically...

Clinton gets asked questions like what is her favorite color..
Trump gets asked "real" questions.

Clinton faints about halfway through the debate.

Wins debate due to sympathy
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
IIRC, Lester Holt is a registered Republican voter.  He's the wildcard in this debate.  
View Quote

Pretty sure that GHW Bush, and Kasich are too

Trump should open up with

"I'd like to thank Hofstra University, those of you who showed up tonight,  Mr. Holt.......uhm.........Lester......uhm.....  could you please have someone
get this poor lady a glass of water. (Looks at Killary) Ms. Clinton, I have some throat lozenges for you here, in case you need them later.........."
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Several commentators have mentioned it, but mainly Trump himself during a recent interview (with O'reilly maybe ?)

Trump has eschewed traditional debate preparations, but has held midflight policy discussions with a rotating cast of advisers

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAMPAIGN_2016_DEBATE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-09-24-10-50-56

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL "by all accounts".

Trump has had an unprecedented schedule of rallies and other public events.  Each of those appearances help prepare him for the debate.

"Traditional" preparations are useless for a nontraditional candidate in a nontraditional election.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Where are you guys getting the "Trumps not prepping" info?  I saw an interview yesterday on Fox where Rudy Giuliani said he was helping Trump prep for the debate.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top