BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 1:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same here in TJ.  Nothing yet.  I made the mistake of making a run to Costco in Chula Vista this morning.  What a shitshow!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still dry up here in Socal. No wind or anything. YET.
Same here in TJ.  Nothing yet.  I made the mistake of making a run to Costco in Chula Vista this morning.  What a shitshow!

Same in riverside county. If we really do get 2.5 inches of rain tomorrow our property will be flooded. We had serious problems with half a inch last winter. We did have some cocktails by the pool this evening it was a beautiful sunset
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
My Wife talked to her friend in Brea and she said the Costco she went to was already out of TP and bottled water.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
People panic buying for a one day rain storm.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
We need to do what the Floridians do and buy up all the bread and milk. When in Rome…
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We still probably won’t get a single drop in the Central Valley
View Quote

A little after 5pm there was some out of the ordinary thunder/lightning, and a sudden downpour. Winds picked up like crazy and were shaking branches loose off of trees into the street. This was Fresno/Clovis. It must have been pretty localized, as once we were out of town, it died down as quickly as it started.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

We went to sater bros today to get stuff for dinner tomorrow and didn't notice any panic buying. It was busier but nobody was buying anything out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:56:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
is it wrong if I pray for it to go Cat 5 ?
View Quote

Glad somebody said it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not to mention California already struggles with power generation. I'm not sure how those windmills are going to hold up with the storm.
View Quote

Hell, if they get 45mph sustained winds they should have plenty of power available. I can't imagine them furling until it hits 60mph+
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We need to do what the Floridians do and buy up all the bread and milk. When in Rome…
View Quote

Do like here in the midwest, buy bread, eggs and milk. French Toast survival feast.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]
if that FUCKED up state doesn't make it out with a surplus of water, they are running it to the ground purposely.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow, thanks. That's interesting. I really wonder why they wouldn't go to Vandeberg. Seems weird. Although, we always had a firebomber squadrons in Santa Maria & Santa Barbara.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Vandenberg AFB is in the middle of nowhere.
The Santa Maria airport right next to Santa Maria, home of TriTip.
It could be that there are three scheduled rocket launches from Vandenberg next week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
if that FUCKED up state doesn't make it out with a surplus of water, they are running it to the ground purposely.
View Quote

I can tell you don't know about Southwestern desert rain storms and flooding.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:48:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Wish it would come here instead. We could use 4-6 inches of rain.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#14]
.57" rain from 03:00 to 08:00 last night. Been drizzling/sprinkling the whole time.
Power went off at 13:00 Sat afternoon, been on the backup genny at the housing compound and control room since.

Company even drug over 3 more large gennies just in case.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All quiet here in San Diego. We haven't even had any rain yet. Light breeze.
View Quote

Light rain at my place now.  No wind.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Category 1 as of 11 pm last night.  

You California derangement syndrome folks sure post some ratarded shit.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Katrina part II      
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

They haven't maintained their damns and reservoirs. Think it's been something like 30 years since they did. There's nowhere to put it. They'd rather build trains to nowhere
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They haven't maintained their damns and reservoirs. Think it's been something like 30 years since they did. There's nowhere to put it. They'd rather build trains to nowhere
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And have homeless czars in La la land and San Fransicko making 500kusd a year with budgets in the billions to solve the homeless problem.

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We need to do what the Floridians do and buy up all the bread and milk. When in Rome
View Quote
We don't buy bread and milk.

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, it’s raining. Time to go to work.

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, it's raining. Time to go to work.

https://i.imgur.com/fwnBwLy.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a lot of rain coming for those SoCal peeps. The desert folks are gonna get flash flooding so BOLO
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, it's raining. Time to go to work.

https://i.imgur.com/fwnBwLy.jpg
https://i.imgflip.com/2i4pfx.gif

I hope that’s what we’re in for. At least it’s Sunday. Most people should be off the roads.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like a lot of rain coming for those SoCal peeps. The desert folks are gonna get flash flooding so BOLO
View Quote

Coastal side of the mountains and valleys very likely to get flash flooding too, not just the desert.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Coastal side of the mountains and valleys very likely to get flash flooding too, not just the desert.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With it running right out to sea. Going to generate some wild temporary currents.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Other than a good ribbing from Floridians, I hope our Californians here have no incidents or events.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Other than a good ribbing from Floridians, I hope our Californians here have no incidents or events.
View Quote

You better hope Gavin Newsome doesn't have an account here
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/572713/20230819_161336_jpg-2925340.JPG

So I saw this little encampment at work today, didn't think anyone really lived there. Along came two women, one walked over and climbed in, the other walked away.

How is this ramshackle POS display going to do if/when the typhoon arrives?

View Quote

https://babylonbee.com/news/californians-prepare-for-hurricane-by-nailing-plywood-boards-onto-their-tent-flaps
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/572713/20230819_161336_jpg-2925340.JPG

So I saw this little encampment at work today, didn't think anyone really lived there. Along came two women, one walked over and climbed in, the other walked away.

How is this ramshackle POS display going to do if/when the typhoon arrives?

https://babylonbee.com/news/californians-prepare-for-hurricane-by-nailing-plywood-boards-onto-their-tent-flaps

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We've been having thunderstorms here all week, nothing like 100+ degrees and 100% humidity!

View Quote

Here we call that the last half of July, August and the first half of September.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#36]

San Gabriel’s are going to get soaked.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Lake Mead is gonna see an incredible rise over the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Any of those totals are a normal spring Rainey day here lol
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#39]
It said Hillary would dissipate quickly after landfall.  I asked a neighbor to turn off my sprinklers is all.  In the mountains it has rained…barely.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Normal day in FL.

But I hope you guys are able to handle it and not flood.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Lightning from Hurricane Hilary seen in San Diego
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Same in riverside county. If we really do get 2.5 inches of rain tomorrow our property will be flooded. We had serious problems with half a inch last winter. We did have some cocktails by the pool this evening it was a beautiful sunset https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188534/20230819_192539-2925814.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still dry up here in Socal. No wind or anything. YET.

Same in riverside county. If we really do get 2.5 inches of rain tomorrow our property will be flooded. We had serious problems with half a inch last winter. We did have some cocktails by the pool this evening it was a beautiful sunset https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188534/20230819_192539-2925814.jpg

We got over 3.5 inches overnight about a month ago.  Just a run of the mill Midwest thunderstorm.

Wouldn't have even known is was that much if it wasn't for the rain gauge.  I thought it was like a half inch.  One ditch was pretty full of water on the way to work I guess.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Normal day in FL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Normal day in FL.

Florida’s typical rain fall is irrelevant to California so stop already with the comparisons.

San Diego typical august rain fall is less than an inch for the entire month.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Normal day in FL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Normal day in FL.

It’s going to flood and there will likely be deaths because of that. But we get the flatlanders boasting about how it’s a normal day for them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Just a light rain here in Socal. No wind. Just a typical rainy day. The news hyped this up like it was going to be a major disaster event. They lied as usual and caused people to panic buy. Will be clear and sunny tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#46]
1/2” of rain in last 6 hours and winds currently about 9mph with gusts to 12 mph in Oceanside.

1.9” rain forecasted for today. Winds forecasted to be up to 16mph sustained with gusts to 32 mph.

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Downgraded from Cat 1 to tropical storm.  220 miles SSE of San Diego.

There goes your Hurricane hitting California fantasy CDSers.  

You can still pleasure yourself with the thoughts of flooding here though.

Although that’s probably gonna put the kibosh on your wild fire fantasies for awhile. There’s always chance of a big earthquake destroying us to keep you aroused.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazing the difference in soil and runoff.  Here we can get 4-6 inches with nearly every thunderstorm system and nothing except our ditches may be full for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#49]
nothing crazy here in Lakeside, IE east county San Diego. I think we are kinda on the edge of it so far. worst expected to hit around 1ish and it doesnt look like it will be that bad. which is good for me as my roof is fucked. I'm in the process of trying to find a new roof for less than the price of a new car.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's going to flood and there will likely be deaths because of that. But we get the flatlanders boasting about how it's a normal day for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Normal day in FL.

It's going to flood and there will likely be deaths because of that. But we get the flatlanders boasting about how it's a normal day for them.
I guess the part of I hope nothing bad happens is something you keep missing. Floridians are ribbing Californians, we aren't wishing them anything bad.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top