Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, lose the argument?  Redirect the thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kind of what he does here. It's pretty ironic since he apparently worked for Jimmy Carter.
What argument? America-first was just screechingg about leftists outing themselves and calling me a liar. There was no counter point whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What argument? America-first was just screechingg about leftists outing themselves and calling me a liar. There was no counter point whatsoever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kind of what he does here. It's pretty ironic since he apparently worked for Jimmy Carter.
That's because leftists have actually been flocking to, and outing themselves in this thread, and you were caught  in a lie "mis-speaking" on a very major point regarding what President Trump actually said..
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
China is a far more substantial threat the US than a few professional sports players. So I can assume that you are boycotting

*All products from China
*All products which contain a part made in China
*All products from any company with any association to China

Anything else would be inconsistent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattleite?
No shit.

But tl;dr, so whatever.

Fuck the NFL and any product that associates with them.
China is a far more substantial threat the US than a few professional sports players. So I can assume that you are boycotting

*All products from China
*All products which contain a part made in China
*All products from any company with any association to China

Anything else would be inconsistent.
Dude, have you ever tried to avoid buying products made in China?

I did for about a year, and eventually just gave up....it was practically impossible...

Now if I am going to buy something, and have an obvious choice between Made in the USA (or even Taiwan or...) and China, then I choose the non-Chinese product.

Oh, and Fuck the NFL!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hope that the NFL, and the players continue their shenanigans. The longer they do this, the more they alienate most Americans. And then bye-bye to their ad revenue. 

Keep it up NFL!!

https://s26.postimg.org/vjmjrv53d/Jack_Nicholson.gif
View Quote

Yep because most the liberal left does not watch sports. Their to busy protesting. It's everyday conservative America mostly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
OP fails to see  that this is an indication of rot within our society.  Not decent folks like me...the Krapernick types who cry about social injustice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The best part about this is the "but, but, the players are using their right to free speech!" is in direct contradiction of literally a year plus of the mainstream left defending people being beaten for exercising that right, and several years of "people aren't free to associate as they like".

It's a giant, obvious Calvinball clusterfuck of the sort you usually get with leftists because the only thing they truly believe is that they're right and everyone else isn't.

The players are free to say what they want; we're free to tell them to fuck off and stop watching them or giving them money.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The best part about this is the "but, but, the players are using their right to free speech!" is in direct contradiction of literally a year plus of the mainstream left defending people being beaten for exercising that right, and several years of "people aren't free to associate as they like".

It's a giant, obvious Calvinball clusterfuck of the sort you usually get with leftists because the only thing they truly believe is that they're right and everyone else isn't.

The players are free to say what they want; we're free to tell them to fuck off and stop watching them or giving them money.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
*Snip*

View Quote
They aren't free to say what they want. I've posted several links of how they have been fined or otherwise forbidden to make statements. Not even political statements. 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP fails to see  that this is an indication of rot within our society.  Not decent folks like me...the Krapernick types who cry about social injustice.
View Quote
You guys are making it into a huge deal.

Before it was just a handful of players and even then, they started getting less and less attention as time went on.

Had not Trump opened his mouth and made it a big deal, we wouldn't be having such a big fucking fiasco.

Now that Trump got involved and had to interject his voice, you KNOW Hollywood/celebs are just going to troll the shit out of him. Trump cares about pop culture and has a fragile ego (if you don't agree, remember, this is the same 70 year old man that is commenting on Taylor Swift's relationships on Twitter..... cringeworthy).

Kneeling in photos will just be another stupid fucking trend like the Harlem Shake, dabbing, Tebow-ing etc.. JUST because they know it will get under Trump's skin.

Trump made it a culture war and you have guys like Hannity and Rush just fanning the flames.

IGNORE IT. How hard it is?
If it bothers you a lot, stop watching NFL and move on with your life. Why allow it affect you so much? Seeing all of you guys rage is EXACTLY why people are doing it.

Yes, Trump is a master troll but is so is the general public, especially when they know Trump has paper thin skin and can't handle criticism/being made fun of.

Sure, you can try to salvage this by saying "Well...uh...it's just a good way to point out the leftists scum!" but we already knew SNL/most of Hollywood are leftists scum!!!! How is this "unmasking" them when it was obvious of their ideologies from the beginning???

Trust me, if Trump kept his mouth shut from now on and AM radio stopped throwing more coal on the fire, this whole situation would have died out from lack of attention. Even ESPN was reporting less and less on it but now, it's of course all over the front page.

Want to win this battle? Stop watching NFL, tell Hannity/Rush to just move on and stop fanning the flames, and get Trump to stop tweeting about it. The idiot fucking celebs are going to do their lame SNL shit or kneel on Instagram/Facebook but you can't control that. The problem is NOW they know it irritates all of you guys (which you can see here by the 83 threads about it in the past 3 days).

It's not a "culture war," it's a bunch of overpayed athletes thinking they're making a difference. It's the equivalent of libs "liking" some facebook post about flood victims to show they're "making a difference."

Stop feeding the monster and it will go away. Stop ALLOWING it to be a bigger deal than it is. Pull the plug in cable, don't support NFL, stop clicking on ESPN articles discussing it, don't create more discussions on something you saw that pissed you off......it's not that difficult.

I am on your side. I think it's stupid and a bunch of attention whores but until we can get Trump/AM radio/journalists to stop being outraged, it's only going to get worse. We can't control the idiots doing it, but we CAN control our reaction.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Rob O'Neil
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Before it was just a handful of players and even then, they started getting less and less attention as time went on.

Had not Trump opened his mouth and made it a big deal, we wouldn't be having such a big fucking fiasco.

Now that Trump got involved and had to interject his voice, you KNOW Hollywood/celebs are just going to troll the shit out of him. Trump cares about pop culture and has a fragile ego (if you don't agree, remember, this is the same 70 year old man that is commenting on Taylor Swift's relationships on Twitter..... cringeworthy).

Kneeling in photos will just be another stupid fucking trend like the Harlem Shake, dabbing, Tebow-ing etc.. JUST because they know it will get under Trump's skin.

Trump made it a culture war and you have guys like Hannity and Rush just fanning the flames.

If it bothers you a lot, stop watching NFL and move on with your life. Why allow it affect you so much? Seeing all of you guys rage is EXACTLY why people are doing it.

Yes, Trump is a master troll but is so is the general public, especially when they know Trump has paper thin skin and can't handle criticism/being made fun of.

Sure, you can try to salvage this by saying "Well...uh...it's just a good way to point out the leftists scum!" but we already knew SNL/most of Hollywood are leftists scum!!!! How is this "unmasking" them when it was obvious of their ideologies from the beginning???

Trust me, if Trump kept his mouth shut from now on and AM radio stopped throwing more coal on the fire, this whole situation would have died out from lack of attention. Even ESPN was reporting less and less on it but now, it's of course all over the front page.

Want to win this battle? Stop watching NFL, tell Hannity/Rush to just move on and stop fanning the flames, and get Trump to stop tweeting about it. The idiot fucking celebs are going to do their lame SNL shit or kneel on Instagram/Facebook but you can't control that. The problem is NOW they know it irritates all of you guys (which you can see here by the 83 threads about it in the past 3 days).

It's not a "culture war," it's a bunch of overpayed athletes thinking they're making a difference. It's the equivalent of libs "liking" some facebook post about flood victims to show they're "making a difference."

Stop feeding the monster and it will go away. Stop ALLOWING it to be a bigger deal than it is. Pull the plug in cable, don't support NFL, stop clicking on ESPN articles discussing it, don't create more discussions on something you saw that pissed you off......it's not that difficult.

I am on your side. I think it's stupid and a bunch of attention whores but until we can get Trump/AM radio/journalists to stop being outraged, it's only going to get worse. We can't control the idiots doing it, but we CAN control our reaction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A HUGE segment of American society simply hates traditional America and wants it destroyed by any means necessary.

The NFL players represent and support that ideology.

The NFL players have chosen to become the poster child of that ideology.

Outing them for what they are is a good thing and should be pursued in order to defeat the HUGE segment of our society that wants to transform America into a Obama and Hillary type of utopia.

Ignoring it or "sweeping it under the rug" is a stupid way to counter the very real threat to America's future.

So, I say "fuck the NFL"................SCORCHED earth.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck the NFL!
View Quote
All that needs to be said

/thread
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Last year their ratings were down and they used the elections as the excuse.  What is their excuse this year?  They sure aren't going to admit that it's because of their politics...

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year
https://apnews.com/bf595941ba9640e9ab32e474459f529c/Nielsen:-Football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year

NEW YORK (AP) — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.

Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.65 million this year. The Nielsen figures don’t include many of the Sunday afternoon games that are shown to a regional audience, but not a national one.

The NFL ratings are in focus because of President Donald Trump’s suggestion that viewers are turned off by a protest against police brutality that began with quarterback Colin Kaepernick refusing to stand for the national anthem. The protests spread rapidly this past weekend following the president’s criticism of people involved.

Next week’s ratings will be even more closely watched, since conservative groups and Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity have called for people angered by the protests to boycott this weekend’s games.

Meanwhile, Round One of the new ideological battle on cable television news went to Hannity, who has moved to a time slot directly competing with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. Nielsen said Hannity had 3.27 million viewers on Monday, compared to 2.66 million for Maddow. CNN, which showed a special health care debate at the same hour, had 1.45 million viewers.

The end of summer has to be sad for NBC, which has dominated in network ratings due to the success of “America’s Got Talent.” The show’s finale last week was seen by 15.6 million viewers, its biggest audience for a season-ender since 2010.

CBS usually dominates the ratings from September to May, but NBC has won 12 of the last 14 weeks due to the leadership of “America’s Got Talent.”

For the week, NBC averaged 7.8 million viewers in prime time. CBS had 6.2 million, ABC had 4.2 million, Fox had 2.7 million, Univision had 1.6 million, Telemundo had 1.4 million, ION Television had 1.3 million and the CW had 910,000.

ESPN was the week’s most popular cable network, averaging 2.48 million viewers in prime time. Fox News Channel had 2.08 million, MSNBC had 1.62 million, USA had 1.5 million and HGTV had 1.24 million.

ABC’s “World News Tonight” topped the evening newscasts with an average of 8.3 million viewers. NBC’s “Nightly News” was second with 8.2 million and the “CBS Evening News” had 6.6 million.

For the week of Sept. 18-24, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: NFL Football: Oakland at Washington, NBC, 17.48 million; “America’s Got Talent” (Wednesday), NBC, 15.64 million; “60 Minutes,” CBS, 14.83 million; “America’s Got Talent” (Tuesday), NBC, 14.7 million; “Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick,” NBC, 13.78 million; NFL Football: Detroit at N.Y. Giants, ESPN, 12.29 million; “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC, 10.72 million; “Football Night in America, Part 3,” NBC, 10.62 million; “Star Trek: Discovery,” CBS, 9.49 million; NFL Football: L.A. Chargers at San Francisco, NFLN, 7.46 million.

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. CBS is owned by CBS Corp. CW is a joint venture of Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS Corp. Fox is owned by 21st Century Fox. NBC and Telemundo are owned by Comcast Corp. ION Television is owned by ION Media Networks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think even Baba Yagga knows she is done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Its an accurate observation.

Hillary is working up for a 2020 run, so you could put your energy there.
I think even Baba Yagga knows she is done.
Are you a student of Slavic folklore or did you just play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons in your formative years?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Last year their ratings were down and they used the elections as the excuse.  What is their excuse this year?  They sure aren't going to admit that it's because of their politics...

https://apnews.com/bf595941ba9640e9ab32e474459f529c/Nielsen:-Football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year

NEW YORK (AP) — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.

Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.65 million this year. The Nielsen figures don’t include many of the Sunday afternoon games that are shown to a regional audience, but not a national one.

The NFL ratings are in focus because of President Donald Trump’s suggestion that viewers are turned off by a protest against police brutality that began with quarterback Colin Kaepernick refusing to stand for the national anthem. The protests spread rapidly this past weekend following the president’s criticism of people involved.

Next week’s ratings will be even more closely watched, since conservative groups and Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity have called for people angered by the protests to boycott this weekend’s games.

Meanwhile, Round One of the new ideological battle on cable television news went to Hannity, who has moved to a time slot directly competing with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. Nielsen said Hannity had 3.27 million viewers on Monday, compared to 2.66 million for Maddow. CNN, which showed a special health care debate at the same hour, had 1.45 million viewers.

The end of summer has to be sad for NBC, which has dominated in network ratings due to the success of “America’s Got Talent.” The show’s finale last week was seen by 15.6 million viewers, its biggest audience for a season-ender since 2010.

CBS usually dominates the ratings from September to May, but NBC has won 12 of the last 14 weeks due to the leadership of “America’s Got Talent.”

For the week, NBC averaged 7.8 million viewers in prime time. CBS had 6.2 million, ABC had 4.2 million, Fox had 2.7 million, Univision had 1.6 million, Telemundo had 1.4 million, ION Television had 1.3 million and the CW had 910,000.

ESPN was the week’s most popular cable network, averaging 2.48 million viewers in prime time. Fox News Channel had 2.08 million, MSNBC had 1.62 million, USA had 1.5 million and HGTV had 1.24 million.

ABC’s “World News Tonight” topped the evening newscasts with an average of 8.3 million viewers. NBC’s “Nightly News” was second with 8.2 million and the “CBS Evening News” had 6.6 million.

For the week of Sept. 18-24, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: NFL Football: Oakland at Washington, NBC, 17.48 million; “America’s Got Talent” (Wednesday), NBC, 15.64 million; “60 Minutes,” CBS, 14.83 million; “America’s Got Talent” (Tuesday), NBC, 14.7 million; “Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick,” NBC, 13.78 million; NFL Football: Detroit at N.Y. Giants, ESPN, 12.29 million; “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC, 10.72 million; “Football Night in America, Part 3,” NBC, 10.62 million; “Star Trek: Discovery,” CBS, 9.49 million; NFL Football: L.A. Chargers at San Francisco, NFLN, 7.46 million.

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. CBS is owned by CBS Corp. CW is a joint venture of Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS Corp. Fox is owned by 21st Century Fox. NBC and Telemundo are owned by Comcast Corp. ION Television is owned by ION Media Networks.
View Quote
Lower than during a hotly contested presidential election with bigly debate ratings.

You are a rube that fell off a turnip truck onto your head if you think the MSM will ever report statistics favorable to Trump.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lower than during a hotly contested presidential election with bigly debate ratings.

You are a rube that fell off a turnip truck onto your head if you think the MSM will ever report statistics favorable to Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care what they report, as long as rating like these continue to slide, and swamp creatures like Strange continue to lose.

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have learned over time that you get what you tolerate.  We have been so tolerant that we are now backed up against the edge of a cliff.

I think that the time had come to say, "this far and no further."  It's time to call some of this out, if nothing else.

The argument that it calls attention to them of empowers them or validates them has been used for so long that we have nearly lost the game.  Time to throw down.  And Trump did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Most professional sports are about as interesting as watching monkeys at the zoo fling shit. I have better things to do with my time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1) You guys are making it into a huge deal.
2) Had not Trump opened his mouth and made it a big deal, we wouldn't be having such a big fucking fiasco.
3) Trump made it a culture war and you have guys like Hannity and Rush just fanning the flames.
4) Seeing all of you guys rage is EXACTLY why people are doing it.
5) Yes, Trump is a master troll but is so is the general public, especially when they know Trump has paper thin skin and can't handle criticism/being made fun of.
6) Trust me, if Trump kept his mouth shut from now on and AM radio stopped throwing more coal on the fire, this whole situation would have died out from lack of attention.
7) Stop watching NFL, tell Hannity/Rush to just move on and stop fanning the flames, and get Trump to stop tweeting about it.
8) I am on your side.
View Quote
LOL. There is no way you are Republican or Conservative. Admit it. Your gal lost.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Yea, but do you run them on ice skates?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yea, but do you run them on ice skates?
View Quote
Not enough insulation in ice skates for my feet
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Want to win this battle? Stop watching NFL, tell Hannity/Rush to just move on . . 

We can't control the idiots doing it, but we CAN control our reaction.
View Quote
Ignoring didn't seem to help GW Bush. As a matter of fact I blame a lot of the current situation on the fact he never stood up for himself and was silent when the media and others spoke lies. Silence =  agreement.

This didn't just start, ignoring it won't make it go away.

We have out and about communists serving in the military, making anti American statements, even going so far as to admit their end goal is to infiltrate the government.

I suppose we should ignore that too. 

It's telling that you want Rush and hannity to shut up, but not maddow or the others.

Very telling.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ignoring didn't seem to help GW Bush. As a matter of fact I blame a lot of the current situation on the fact he never stood up for himself and was silent when the media and others spoke lies. Silence =  agreement.

We have out and about communists serving in the military, making anti American statements, even going so far as to admit their end goal is to infiltrate the government.

It's telling that you want Rush and hannity to shut up, but not maddow or the others.

Very telling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to win this battle? Stop watching NFL, tell Hannity/Rush to just move on . . 

We can't control the idiots doing it, but we CAN control our reaction.

Very telling.
I used to scream at Bush to reply, rather just laying there and taking it........

And Trump is doing a modern day Reagan.

Reagan started the Sat noon radio speech every week. AND the media hated him for it. He went around them. He gave the talk, with no media there to even ask questions, and the public heard what he had to say.

Trump does the same thing, but has modernized it with tweets. AND the media hates him for going around them and straight to the public.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top