Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh! I do declare!

Any of you guys kinda getting the vapors, because now you have to worry about getting the vapors?

I think I might be about to have a bad vapors attack here!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://s26.postimg.org/ojnheu0d5/lol.jpg

Senile, idiot, or stands for nothing, President Dumpster Fire ladies and gentleman.

North Korea, naa, healthcare, naa, that's tackle the important issues like men in tights disrespecting a flag he wouldn't even fight for.

BEST POTUS EVAR
View Quote
Hey genius, that tweet shows trump being on the right side of the culture war. You know, opposing the political correct liberal ideology that will be the death of the country, and is responsible for issues like "government healthcare" being a problem to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope that the NFL, and the players continue their shenanigans. The longer they do this, the more they alienate most Americans. And then bye-bye to their ad revenue. 

Keep it up NFL!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW OP; it's "the vapours",  NOT "the vapors".
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BTW OP; it's "the vapours",  NOT "the vapors".
View Quote
GTFO with your metric spelling.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BOOM! Headshot. LOL at Tactical. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Most NFL players weren't kneeling or raising fists. Then Trump blasts them all, and SHOCKINGLY they were offended. Wouldn't you be?
Except he didn't do that.  He said:

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a (expletive) off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!'”

He was speaking of the flag-disrespectors (like the Kaepernicks of the league).  

Facts matter.  
I was mistaken. I misremembered the tweet. And that's Mr. Garand44 to you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.
View Quote

Hrm, join date, post count.

Either a shill or just clueless.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like some leftist got caught lying to further a false narrative.......surprise surprise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Most NFL players weren't kneeling or raising fists. Then Trump blasts them all, and SHOCKINGLY they were offended. Wouldn't you be?
Except he didn't do that.  He said:

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a (expletive) off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!'”

He was speaking of the flag-disrespectors (like the Kaepernicks of the league).  

Facts matter.  
Looks like some leftist got caught lying to further a false narrative.......surprise surprise.
I think the only person in the world who could consider me a leftist would be Ayn Rand. I dare you to find a post of mine espousing leftist ideology. Quote it up for all to see.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Worst OP ever...
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This thread is like flypaper for the progressive liberals and outright leftists who frequent this board.
View Quote
You have called or implied me a leftist three times now. Please quote the specific post I have made which outs me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's a question I've asked of them more than once in this thread and their reply has been deafening silence.

My guess is that "injustice" is the new leftist code word that actually stands for American Society and our institutions, all of which they oppose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All you people who support the kneeling - convince us of their case.  Exactly what is the big injustice that they are protesting and what does the American Flag and the National Anthem have to do with it?  What do they want done about it?  You now have our attention, plead your case.
That's a question I've asked of them more than once in this thread and their reply has been deafening silence.

My guess is that "injustice" is the new leftist code word that actually stands for American Society and our institutions, all of which they oppose.
The reason no one has answered you is because no one here believes that blacks suffer from excessive injustice. No one, to my memory, (but please, call me a liar again if I am misremembering) has come out in support or agreement of the kneelers' cause. They simply don't agree with a full scale boycott of the NFL. There is a difference.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You have called or implied me a leftist three times now. Please quote the specific post I have made which outs me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is like flypaper for the progressive liberals and outright leftists who frequent this board.
It's kind of what he does here. It's pretty ironic since he apparently worked for Jimmy Carter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hey genius, that tweet shows trump being on the right side of the culture war. You know, opposing the political correct liberal ideology that will be the death of the country, and is responsible for issues like "government healthcare" being a problem to begin with.
View Quote
Why'd you only read half the tweet?  He also pointed out, and rightly so that pro sports isn't what the POTUS should be worried about.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's kind of what he does here. It's pretty ironic since he apparently worked for Jimmy Carter.
View Quote
He also hated Trump a few years ago for being a big city liberal.

Then suddenly changed.

Odd.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
This used to be a nice site, with nice people.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This used to be a nice site, with nice people.
View Quote
Still is, really. The tech forums are loaded to the gills with helpful, friendly people. The Team forum is great. GD just got overrun with people who have diarrhea of the mouth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Then suddenly changed.

Odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then suddenly changed.

Odd.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your girl lost, get over it.

Its called the NATIONAL football league, so the cock sucking over paid performers can atleast show a little respect for the NATIONAL anthem and act like adults and stand up for it.
View Quote
This.  Yet another Hillary shill in an amongst us.   Wow.  You'd think that DU had enough on their plates...
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yet you shilled for Hillary.

One of the two is relevant to current events...
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Speaks more about the failure of communism that it relies on capitalism to finance it.
View Quote
Excellent point....heck, even without us, China is only nominally "communist" at this point, in terms of their economy. Just authoritarian jerks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Has OP thrown himself under the bus yet? I think Elvis has left the building.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:25:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has OP thrown himself under the bus yet? I think Elvis has left the building.
View Quote
So much win he had turn over his cause to leftists.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Sometimes a poster will make it entirely to easier for a reader to regard them as dense.

This one of those times.

Tell me OP, how many of those Marines at all those places openly protested disrespectfully our national anthem or its flag?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:16:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Donald pisses in the faces of these bitch liberal traitors like the felons in the NFL and you’re complaining OP?

FBHO
FHRC
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#26]
TLDR

But from a left coaster.

I don't watch fooseball or any other pro sport.

But any group that wants to support lib shit to the general pop can burn, and I hope it does.

So ya, burn them down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"well, sure, I take it in the ass, but I don't push back, so I don't really consider myself gay.  kind of a moderate I guess"
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

GTFO, politics is in everything!

If Trump announced a rally/speech during the Super Bowl halftime stage, the same "get politics out of sports" types here would be screaming MAGA

Even my biggest MAGA friends are bewildered why so many on social media (and here) are clutching their pearls/passing out on their fainting couches simply because of some easily ignorable nonsense.

"Oh my, we must boycott the NFL, this is just tooo much...giving me the vapors!"

And please, stop with the sanctimonious "I was OUTRAGED, I was in the stands and THREE people near me were sitting down during the anthem!  I'm a vet and that angers me!"

Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

This happened daily on many Marine infantry battalion bases I was stationed on or visited. I saw on Camp Horno, Mateo, Margarita/1st Recon, 29 Palms, Oki, etc..  And yes, this was 2005-2010, not some garrison peacetime. The only time you rarely saw it was on mainside or near 52/infantry school simply because you used to have terrorizing figures like SGT MAJ Vines patrolling.

I don't want to hear any recent vets become all sanctimonious because we all did our best to avoid it too. This is just the daily....not even the dreaded Friday medley.  

I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it. Why are you all so damn upset? If it bothers you so much, simply start watching the game at the kickoff? Do you avoid movies because the upcoming previews piss you off?

Who gives a shit what goes on before??? By being a bunch of "OMG, time to boycott" you sound like a bunch of triggered old ladies clutching their knitting balls. Fuck the non-football bullshit, I came to watch modern day gladiatiors trying to kill each other. If a bunch of players kneeling hurts your sensitive feelings, go watch figure skating or something. I seriously cannot believe this place and the level of butthurt.  

One last thing. Like I said earlier, my MAGA friends can't wrap their heads around why so many conservatives are literally pissing themselves over this situation (as you can see here with the 30 various threads that give up to the minute drama queen updates: "OMG Buffy, did you see that? The dolphins are now kneeling too. Better tell everyone ASAP!!" It's like you're all going out of your way to be offended just like your typical SJW pansy liberal.

My diehard MAGA friends can only assume that the usual culprits are fanning the flames: Hannity and Limbaugh. None of us watch Hannity or listen to Rush but by the amount of just pure rage/emotions over something so trivial, I can only assume Hannity/Rush are making this a BIG deal and really laying down the rhetoric (and I'm assuming they're doing the "Boycott NFL because of the thugs" since that seems to be the usual parroting/talking point here).

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out. Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US, hands down. We know this "protest" is just current flavor of the month and will be as relevant as Livestrong bracelets in the coming months. Meanwhile when you all realize you made a mountain out of a mole hill, you'll sit back and realize how much NFL you missed and really regret it.

This forum was the absolute last place I figured on seeing such pearl clutching over something so nonsensical. These "protestors" are like children acting up, the more you give them attention, the more they're going to push. If Trump could keep his mouth fucking shut we wouldn't have all the extra "now we need to double down!" needless drama this weekend. All he did was flame the flames and gives these kneeling fucks even MORE ammo,

In case we haven't forgot....

WOW, great idea huh? Let's stop focusing on nonsense, huh, Trump????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhUWesWkAEWvcU.jpg
View Quote
In short buddy we as consumers can voice our own opinion and this year I choose simply to not support the NFL . They can protest all they want to but so can I by not supporting them. It goes both ways.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:22:20 AM EDT
[#29]
A West Point graduate in the United States Army (a Ranger as well as a commissioned officer) is apologizing for standing for the national anthem. Think about that for a few.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:39:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
from 2016 about the reason for kneeling

not that it will matter to most here...but had he wanted to disrespect the flag or service members he would've just continued to sit...After discussing with a long snapper (and former Green Beret) he started kneeling to show respect to those who served and died.

ETA: article has been updated so it bears today's date but the original article was written in Nov 2016
View Quote

Sat while injured, nobody would question an injured player sitting.

Kaepernick made headlines when he sat during the 49ers third preseason game, but he also sat during the first two games, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. Kaepernick wasn’t in uniform and didn’t play during the first two games.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://s26.postimg.org/ojnheu0d5/lol.jpg

Senile, idiot, or stands for nothing, President Dumpster Fire ladies and gentleman.

North Korea, naa, healthcare, naa, that's tackle the important issues like men in tights disrespecting a flag he wouldn't even fight for.

BEST POTUS EVAR
View Quote
Wow, the witches really scream while being burned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not mad at the players for protesting during the National Anthem. You want to disrespect the flag, the Anthem, etc. then fine. At least we know where you stand (or, kneel).

What pisses me the fuck off is that they are using their time at their job to protest, when their time should be spent entertaining me. Should ALL groups get to "show solidarity" while at work? How would your employer react to you blatantly protesting, on the clock, in front of customers? Don't want to stand for the Anthem? Stay in the locker room until it's over. You don't get special privs to spout your political views while you're on the clock just because you're rich.

At least for me, it's not going to change a lot. I own all of 1 NFL shirt and I watch all of maybe 20 minutes of football per week. I'm not going to actively avoid nor seek football to watch. I don't let politics change me. If you told me Coke's CEO supported Bernie I wouldn't stop drinking it, because I like Coke, and I don't care what someone else thinks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#33]
but...but... muh national anthem
lol

are you not entertained?
I know I am
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why'd you only read half the tweet?  He also pointed out, and rightly so that pro sports isn't what the POTUS should be worried about.
View Quote
I see, you must be new to politics.

Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#35]
"I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes."

OP, you also into model trains and imitation crab meat?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A West Point graduate in the United States Army (a Ranger as well as a commissioned officer) is apologizing for standing for the national anthem. Think about that for a few.
View Quote
Good point.  It's more like he's a POW instead of playing for the NFL. March 'em out and make them confess to war crimes.

That's what Political Correctness is doing to all of us to one extent or another.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do you refuse to do business with all people who disagree with your political views?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are acting like children, making a fuss over nothing.
Yea, no big deal....

Its only communists declaring war on our nation, cops, veterans and an entire race of light-skinned people
Do you refuse to do business with all people who disagree with your political views?
Yes, whenever I have a choice.

... Especially on something as frivolous as entertainment.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Never claimed them to be exactly the same. You are debating the magnitude of the situation, not the principles. The PRINCIPLE is exactly the same: conducting financial business with people that disagree with you.

Considering the level of virtue signaling here, I'm amazed that some of you aren't proclaiming that people who shop at walmart are committing active treason against the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattleite?
No shit.

But tl;dr, so whatever.

Fuck the NFL and any product that associates with them.
China is a far more substantial threat the US than a few professional sports players. So I can assume that you are boycotting

*All products from China
*All products which contain a part made in China
*All products from any company with any association to China

Anything else would be inconsistent.
Those flag-disrespecting, multi-millionaire, moron-puppets are worth my disdain at the moment.
So I can assume that you are boycotting the Chinese, as they were responsible for the deaths of 33,652 American Servicemen between 1950 and 1953?
Tactical, are your arms tired from making so many strawmen? 
No, tactical has a point.

Buying a shirt for your kid at Walmart so you can afford food is exactly the same as a communist millionaire declaring hate of our nation.

Never claimed them to be exactly the same. You are debating the magnitude of the situation, not the principles. The PRINCIPLE is exactly the same: conducting financial business with people that disagree with you.

Considering the level of virtue signaling here, I'm amazed that some of you aren't proclaiming that people who shop at walmart are committing active treason against the US.
The principle also is different.... The communists within the US have real power here and are far more likely to destroy our liberties than any outside power.

I get what your saying, but your vastly underestimating how sick the left is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice, lose the argument?  Redirect the thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#41]
NFL is just entertainment.  Without an audience, they are doomed.  They really aren't very bright.

Roughly 500 shot and killed in Chicago this year, 85% black victims.  Cops have shot a total of 10, likely good shoots.  Lets protest the 10 instead of the 490?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baselessly calling people shills isn't an arguement.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Baselessly calling people shills isn't an arguement.
View Quote
No.  Its an accurate observation.

Hillary is working up for a 2020 run, so you could put your energy there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is something he should worry about for god's sake.

Professional sports has a PROFOUND effect on our culture and should be taken seriously.

We need a culture readjustment in America..........we have gone WAY TOO FAR left in popular culture and that movement should be ridiculed, insulted and demeaned at ANY and ALL opportunities.

Otherwise we end up with a nation of fucking Pajama Boys IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think even Baba Yagga knows she is done.
View Quote
Hillary has video of 80% of the leadership of the DNC fucking either underaged boys or girls.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Why are you so upset about that upsetness????
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Still is, really. The tech forums are loaded to the gills with helpful, friendly people. The Team forum is great. GD just got overrun with people who have diarrhea of the mouth.
View Quote
As Dawn has previously pointed out; the witches really scream while getting burned.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top