BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's spreading. Liberals are kneeling at home.

http://i.imgur.com/R2ig3wX.png
View Quote
  Most pathetic virtue signalling I have seen since

Football fans are fucking mongoloids but this is a whole new level of derp
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You've certainly noticed by now that despite all the leftist anti American talking points  the left wing here on GD has managed to spew ; not a single peep out of any of them in regards to identifying the specific "injustice" that's somehow responsible for all of the NFL players'  bullshit they so vehemently support.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
All you people who support the kneeling - convince us of their case.  Exactly what is the big injustice that they are protesting and what does the American Flag and the National Anthem have to do with it?  What do they want done about it?  You now have our attention, plead your case.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
OP says, "easily ignorable nonsense" then complains when people boycott (ignore) the NFL. 

Lol.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Giving me the vapors?"

What? Are you like in your 80's or did your great-grandmother raise you?

That phrase is old as a death (as I hope to be).
View Quote
He probably reads too many shitty steampunk comics and thinks it's cool.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If black footballers gave one flying fuck about the plight of blacks, they would be decrying the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of blacks murdering other blacks. But they don't give one flying fuck, it's just a bunch of spoiled assholes who think they are ''doing something'' by kneeling during the Anthem. How much more of a lazy, useless, worthless thing can they do besides suck in oxygen?

Break a leg douches.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I stopped reading after "I have never"...

I guess OP gets mad at people getting mad?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All you people who support the kneeling - convince us of their case.  Exactly what is the big injustice that they are protesting and what does the American Flag and the National Anthem have to do with it?  What do they want done about it?  You now have our attention, plead your case.
View Quote
Is "support the kneeling" the same as "support their right to kneel"?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Instances of both in this thread though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If black footballers gave one flying fuck about the plight of blacks, they would be decrying the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of blacks murdering other blacks. But they don't give one flying fuck, it's just a bunch of spoiled assholes who think they are ''doing something'' by kneeling during the Anthem. How much more of a lazy, useless, worthless thing can they do besides suck in oxygen?

Break a leg douches.
View Quote
  ^^^^ I think Chris Rock says it best. Chris Rock: Blacks vs niggaz ( bring the pain 1996)
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought it was pretty obvious I am trying to understand their "cause" and not suggesting they don't have a 1st Amendment right.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Much of the hatred in this thread is aimed at the latter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought it was pretty obvious I am trying to understand their "cause" and not suggesting they don't have a 1st Amendment right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who knows?

They are just a bunch of dumb SJW types
They are getting plenty of airtime thanks to all the hand wringers
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can't be any clearer than that

Go Mike!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Who knows?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who knows?

They are like the dog that caught the fire truck.  They got all this attention, now WTF?  The only thing they can do is show how much they hate Trump.

Did I just answer my own question?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why the fuck should people who watch football have to put up with bullshit from the people they are paying for entertainment?

Especially when they are doing so based on some supremely contrived bullshit that is nothing more than an actual assault on the people paying for it?

Fuck that noise.

"Grow up, snowflakes!"

No, stop trying to destroy the fucking country, assholes.
View Quote
Exactly what these whiny pos have forgotten is the public does not give a F about their feelings, what they think politically. We do not want to especially hear that someone being paid millions is oppressed. What a bunch of bullshit.

People paid these turds to entertain them by going out on that field and knocking the crap out of one another chasing a ball and actiing stupid. To help us forget about all the political rhetoric going in the world today.

Not to make political statements by disgracing our service men and women under the guise of free speech.

Because they are lying. The only reason they are doing this is to make a political statement to President Trump.

Ok free speech then. They have free speech and just because President Trump is the leader of the free world does not mean that he gave up his 1st Admendment rights to say for disrespecting our service men and women who died for that flag. They should be fired.

The President has every bit as much of a right to say what he thinks as they do. Yet if he does the cry like little babies because they can dish it out but can't take it. The President violated my 1st Admendment rights bullshit.

The President exercised his 1st Admendment rights and expressed his feeling just like they did. They can't handle it.

Everybody knows that these black players that won the championship that said they do not know if they'll go to the Whitehouse or not. Said so simply because they are again liberal assholes using the sport to make a statement.

Fine they want to make a statement that they might not carry their liberal asses to the Whitehouse. President Trump uninvited them. How's that for a statement.  Now they cry their feeling are hurt. They can dish it out but can't take it.

Screw all these sports athletes that has let the very notion that THEY ARE HEROS and ROLE MODELS better than the real heros and role models. Our soldier and First Responders.
They
They are nothing but over paid thugs and the NFL is nothing but a parasite that lives off of taxpayers. By holding cities hostage often by demanding new stadiums at tax breaks and built with tax payer dollars OR THEY WILL LEAVE.

FUCK THEM ALL LEAVE. They pay themselves millions and milk taypayers for millions to support them. Then act like they are Gods among men for playing with balls. These tough guy spend more time crying about their feeling being hurt. Than most of us here. But of pu$$y and leaches

I will never watch another sporting event again. Except racing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, tactical has a point.

Buying a shirt for your kid at Walmart so you can afford food is exactly the same as a communist millionaire declaring hate of our nation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattleite?
No shit.

But tl;dr, so whatever.

Fuck the NFL and any product that associates with them.
China is a far more substantial threat the US than a few professional sports players. So I can assume that you are boycotting

*All products from China
*All products which contain a part made in China
*All products from any company with any association to China

Anything else would be inconsistent.
Those flag-disrespecting, multi-millionaire, moron-puppets are worth my disdain at the moment.
So I can assume that you are boycotting the Chinese, as they were responsible for the deaths of 33,652 American Servicemen between 1950 and 1953?
Tactical, are your arms tired from making so many strawmen? 
No, tactical has a point.

Buying a shirt for your kid at Walmart so you can afford food is exactly the same as a communist millionaire declaring hate of our nation.

I love the bullshit twisting of words and throwing this crap the NLF faggots are doing into a whole other subject matter. One is worse than the other. A nuke is worst than than tannerite. Hillary is worse than Trump. Nothing but word twisting and subject changing. Must bean NFL pole sucker.  Words and tactics of a liberal troll
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#22]
How many offended by this shit had Somali flags on their profiles?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread is like flypaper for the progressive liberals and outright leftists who frequent this board.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bull shit x 1000. This MIGHT be possible on a Marine base but on the dozens of Navy and Air Force bases this isn't the truth but far from it. It wasn't true when I was at the USMC recruit depot at San Diego either.

Your weak ass straw man comparison is stupid as they come ... if your fellow Marines are avoiding colors it's not for political reasons. The black NFL players are doing this for 100% political reasons protesting the 0.03% of blacks killed by police rather than, you know, the 79% killed by fellow blacks. They're as stupid as FUCK and if you support them then you are too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

Bull shit x 1000. This MIGHT be possible on a Marine base but on the dozens of Navy and Air Force bases this isn't the truth but far from it. It wasn't true when I was at the USMC recruit depot at San Diego either.

Your weak ass straw man comparison is stupid as they come ... if your fellow Marines are avoiding colors it's not for political reasons. The black NFL players are doing this for 100% political reasons protesting the 0.03% of blacks killed by police rather than, you know, the 79% killed by fellow blacks. They're as stupid as FUCK and if you support them then you are too.
Thank you, now that I have time to rebut the OP I was just coming to take issue with this assertion as well.

Spent time at many active duty installations, and I NEVER FUCKING ONCE saw anyone "run to a doorway" so they wouldn't have to stand at attention and salute when retreat was played.

Absolute and utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a question I've asked of them more than once in this thread and their reply has been deafening silence.

My guess is that "injustice" is the new leftist code word that actually stands for American Society and our institutions, all of which they oppose.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This thread is like flypaper for the progressive liberals and outright leftists who frequent this board.
View Quote
Like the Jimmy Carter supporters? 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's a question I've asked of them more than once in this thread and their reply has been deafening silence.

My guess is that "injustice" is the new leftist code word that actually stands for American Society and our institutions, all of which they oppose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You received no response because no one on this site has called the NFL Player/SJW justification an injustice
But you know this
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, and I have posted this before. But most people were not taught what Freedom of Speech actually means......

Freedom of speech does not apply to a private compamy.

Where I work, I deal with the public daily.

I am not allowed to talk about politics, gun, sports, religion, favorite teams, or most anything else. If I do and a customer complains, I can lose my job.

The NFL is not the Government. They are employed by the NFL. On company time, the NFL can tell them what to do, and how to act.

Tell them to pound Sand, and stand up.

Protest on you own time.
View Quote
Sean Hannity pointed out on today's show all the other times players were either fined or forbidden to express a point of few.

They were not allowed to honor fallen Dallas cops. 

They were not allowed to wear socks in remembrance of 911

They were not allowed to wear purple cleats for domestic violence awareness.

BLM protest - allowed.

Nope, no agenda here at all. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Politics is downstream of culture.

There's a credible argument to be made that the reason we're in this mess in the first goddamn place is because there was no aggressive response in the culture wars.
View Quote
There was a response. People bent over and took it in the ass. People were quiet about the wrongness and dishonesty of some of these so-called causes. 

People let them have their way. They "gave them room" to destroy. 

We got to this point by silent validation. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

GTFO, politics is in everything!

If Trump announced a rally/speech during the Super Bowl halftime stage, the same "get politics out of sports" types here would be screaming MAGA

Even my biggest MAGA friends are bewildered why so many on social media (and here) are clutching their pearls/passing out on their fainting couches simply because of some easily ignorable nonsense.

"Oh my, we must boycott the NFL, this is just tooo much...giving me the vapors!"

And please, stop with the sanctimonious "I was OUTRAGED, I was in the stands and THREE people near me were sitting down during the anthem!  I'm a vet and that angers me!"

Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

This happened daily on many Marine infantry battalion bases I was stationed on or visited. I saw on Camp Horno, Mateo, Margarita/1st Recon, 29 Palms, Oki, etc..  And yes, this was 2005-2010, not some garrison peacetime. The only time you rarely saw it was on mainside or near 52/infantry school simply because you used to have terrorizing figures like SGT MAJ Vines patrolling.

I don't want to hear any recent vets become all sanctimonious because we all did our best to avoid it too. This is just the daily....not even the dreaded Friday medley.  

I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it. Why are you all so damn upset? If it bothers you so much, simply start watching the game at the kickoff? Do you avoid movies because the upcoming previews piss you off?

Who gives a shit what goes on before??? By being a bunch of "OMG, time to boycott" you sound like a bunch of triggered old ladies clutching their knitting balls. Fuck the non-football bullshit, I came to watch modern day gladiatiors trying to kill each other. If a bunch of players kneeling hurts your sensitive feelings, go watch figure skating or something. I seriously cannot believe this place and the level of butthurt.  

One last thing. Like I said earlier, my MAGA friends can't wrap their heads around why so many conservatives are literally pissing themselves over this situation (as you can see here with the 30 various threads that give up to the minute drama queen updates: "OMG Buffy, did you see that? The dolphins are now kneeling too. Better tell everyone ASAP!!" It's like you're all going out of your way to be offended just like your typical SJW pansy liberal.

My diehard MAGA friends can only assume that the usual culprits are fanning the flames: Hannity and Limbaugh. None of us watch Hannity or listen to Rush but by the amount of just pure rage/emotions over something so trivial, I can only assume Hannity/Rush are making this a BIG deal and really laying down the rhetoric (and I'm assuming they're doing the "Boycott NFL because of the thugs" since that seems to be the usual parroting/talking point here).

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out. Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US, hands down. We know this "protest" is just current flavor of the month and will be as relevant as Livestrong bracelets in the coming months. Meanwhile when you all realize you made a mountain out of a mole hill, you'll sit back and realize how much NFL you missed and really regret it.

This forum was the absolute last place I figured on seeing such pearl clutching over something so nonsensical. These "protestors" are like children acting up, the more you give them attention, the more they're going to push. If Trump could keep his mouth fucking shut we wouldn't have all the extra "now we need to double down!" needless drama this weekend. All he did was flame the flames and gives these kneeling fucks even MORE ammo,

In case we haven't forgot....

WOW, great idea huh? Let's stop focusing on nonsense, huh, Trump????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhUWesWkAEWvcU.jpg
View Quote

You put a lot of effort into that manifesto.   Thanks.
  I love it when the Quislings self identify.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just going to assume it is an attempt by the radical left to bring their irrational hatred of our country to mainstream democrats unless someone can give me a coherent answer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Identity politics is in everything.

Play by their rules, and make them lose. Or else you'll keep ignoring their dumb ass identity politics until one day you wake up and realize every shred of your freedom has been taken away in its name.

For me it isn't about the NFL, or football, or even the flag itself. It is about standing up to the liberals and telling them we are tired of their shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#34]
"Bread and circuses" are what's wrong with our society. By baiting the "circus" to take a stand that makes them look bad in the eyes of most people, their status is somewhat reduced. It's a fucking start.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm enjoying the show.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
will probably offend some but i don't give a shit -

im not butthurt because i was never a fan of the NFL. its an idiotic game where you watch teams consisting of (mostly) low IQ, white-people-and-police-hating, wife beating, drunk driving, drug dealing thugs whose sole redeeming quality is their physique throw a ball around while wearing tights. yeah, some players are great guys but I'd wager for every 1 great guy there are 4-9 thug types. and before you accuse me of being an angry white guy i should note im an old latino with skin so dark it rivals some of the players. 

instead of wasting my time depending on multi millionaires for entertainment I've instead elected to spend the last few decades of sundays, mondays, and thursdays on more productive ventures like work, home improvement, spending time with my children, working on cars, camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, smoking, drinking, or just about anything else under the sun. 

there is a culture war in this country to be fought and won. if you aren't willing to throw down every once in a while to keep the leftists from the gates then you aren't deserving of the rights you so selfishly enjoy while letting an entire army of anti-america, anti-constitution socialist sympathizing zealots take over our institutions and culture. for decades leftists have suppressed conservative voices in business, fired conservative employees, cancelled conservative television and demanded that every american in the nation conform to their principles. if we dont draw a line somewhere soon there won't be any place left to draw one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i agree to some extent, but the thing I like about this whole sitting/kneeling thing is it seems to be pissing off your average joe bum, its getting them sick of the lefts shit.    

So I say let it all burn, its nice to see your average american finally getting fed up with the shit
View Quote
Yup. Just wait until you have elected Democrats kneeling for the pledge or something at the start of a session in congress.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP makes some good points. It's a game. If you give them attention, they will keep doing it. I watched two NFL games all the way through yesterday, and once the Anthem was over, the announcers never even mentioned the protests.

Y'all are acting like children, making a fuss over nothing.
View Quote
It's not enough to just not get emotionally invested in the issue and still actually watch the games. You have to stop watching the games, otherwise you are tacitly complicit in the perpetuation of the outrageous slander that blacks are systematically victimized by our country.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm enjoying the show.
View Quote
Lets you see who is paying attention, and who is a frog in the pot getting slowly boiled.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not ashamed of my Country, just some of the people who happen to be lucky enough to have been born or live here.  They simply have no idea how shitty the majority of the world happens to be.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Where was the concern about their "free speech" when they wanted to do This

Or This

Or This
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You received no response because no one on this site has called the NFL Player/SJW justification an injustice
But you know this
View Quote
Bullshit; revisit this thread in its entirety and you'll find such references, one of which is in the form of a meme.

Great thread OP, you've brought the leftist roaches out into the light.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm just going to assume it is an attempt by the radical left to bring their irrational hatred of our country to mainstream democrats unless someone can give me a coherent answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that to be a safe assertion to make; it's the leftists' latest weasel buzzword.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bullshit; revisit this thread in its entirety and you'll find such references, one of which is in the form of a meme.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But you know this

Didn't you work for Jimmy Carter?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Break a leg douches.
View Quote
All of these "injustices" have been going on forever, but they just now got around to protesting them.............
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#47]
tldr

Seattle sucks mo fo!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Senile, idiot, or stands for nothing, President Dumpster Fire ladies and gentleman.

North Korea, naa, healthcare, naa, that's tackle the important issues like men in tights disrespecting a flag he wouldn't even fight for.

BEST POTUS EVAR
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Football is actually the 2nd dumbest sport in America.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm making fun of all these "boycott" types that I imagine looking like some Lindsay Graham Southern Belle type.

Re-read the middle section about my time in the Marines and you can pretty much figure out my age bracket.
View Quote
"My MAGA friends..."

Managed to include two lies in there...

Your plt must have loved you, you sound like "that guy" that exists in every plt, only talks about Noam Chomsky and how dumb your chain of command is.

And i doubt you actually like football, my money is you're really into soccer and watching men's bodybuilding competitions.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top