BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was posting at stop lights. They don't last too long.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of u guys need to realize who OP is.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now it could be that the driver's story is BS. I still don't have my vehicle and still don't know where it is.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the same guy who posted about CPS and claims that his place needed  leaning or something similar?

Turned out it was just a story that had no point but gained traction..
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this the same guy who posted about CPS and claims that his place needed  leaning or something similar?

Turned out it was just a story that had no point but gained traction..
View Quote

Not me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
So you have your "stolen car" back or NOT?????
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm only here to give you the truth of what happened. Whether you believe or not is beyond my control.
View Quote

I checked off the "Liar" box.  But he did get seven fucking pages!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you have your "stolen car" back or NOT?????
View Quote

No I don't.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Now it could be that the driver's story is BS. I still don't have my vehicle and still don't know where it is.
View Quote
Well if the TT driver dropped it off, why could he not say where it was?  If anyone, he should know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Does OP realize it was possible to make this thread in a much more believable light that what has been posted?

It is really hard to believe any of this.  Cap it off with the incomplete sentence at the stop light, with the cliff hanger of what the wrecker driver gave him?

Seems totally troll.  Don't know if it is, but the whole thing seems troll.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to make sure I have this straight: OP's car is towed, OP drives to the TT driver's house, driver is confronted, driver says, "I don't know where your car is" yet this is the TT driver that towed the car.

Still standing by my claim of BS
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Trololollololol
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#15]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is my vehicle being towed away this morning. Truck doesn't have any logo or company name.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who is he?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who is he?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is he?

I'd like to know too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is my vehicle being towed away this morning. Truck doesn't have any logo or company name.

https://i.ibb.co/SmXD5vS/Img0001m.jpg
View Quote
File photo?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OK just got back. The tow truck driver gave me an image of the TX DL of the person who complained about my vehicle. Except I don't know of anyone working in this bldg that matches that description. Driver said my car was hauled off to an auto storage yard near downtown.

Driver seemed very cooperative. He's Hispanic, but doesn't seem to be a career criminal. Who knows though, right?
View Quote

So someone can complain about a legally parked vehicle, have it towed, and a tow-operator will just do it without question?

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So someone can complain about a legally parked vehicle, have it towed, and a tow-operator will just do it without question?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK just got back. The tow truck driver gave me an image of the TX DL of the person who complained about my vehicle. Except I don't know of anyone working in this bldg that matches that description. Driver said my car was hauled off to an auto storage yard near downtown.

Driver seemed very cooperative. He's Hispanic, but doesn't seem to be a career criminal. Who knows though, right?

That's why I posted "things are not good" earlier. I want to believe he's just doing his job, but out of ignorance. English not so great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Now, I’m not saying Signig was going to do anything requiring plausible deniability.  But if one were to engage in such conduct, one might consider not doing it with one’s own rifle…
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your car is stripped and the TT driver has now moved.

He didnt even give you a taco or chulupa for your bother.  Shit balls.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The real story here is the travesty that he towed a late-model sedan with an old-fashioned sling-and-boom truck. Those things need to be relegated to 70s metal-bumper cars, Econoline vans, and the like.

Expect the bumper plastics to be heavily-damaged if you ever get your car back.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you block in other vehicles when you parked in the road?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope it was not blocking anything. It was parked against the fence like the other vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, we're waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the tow truck driver gave me a

Yes, we're waiting.

8 ball
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nope it was not blocking anything. It was parked against the fence like the other vehicles.
View Quote

I don't see how "some guy" can just call a tow truck and have your vehicle towed unless the person doing the calling has legal authority do remove vehicles from the property and he believes you have no legal right to park on the property. Otherwise it's just theft.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Except it wasn't "legally" towed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, knew it was going to have been legally towed.

Except it wasn't "legally" towed

Of course it was.

You call the impound yard, pay the fine, and get it back.  That is how this works.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't see how "some guy" can just call a tow truck and have your vehicle towed unless the person doing the calling has legal authority do remove vehicles from the property and he believes you have no legal right to park on the property. Otherwise it's just theft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first thing I did was call the building's owner and landlord to ask her if she called the tow truck. She said she didn't.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Has it been there for the last month, or did you drive it in today? Was it backed in with no front plate?

Are there no signs in the lot identifying the towing authorities?

Post some more pics, it sounds like you have lots, maybe even video. Buy yourself back some credibility. Remember GD is nearly as full of autistic sleuths as the next site.

You might try getting some vehicles towed of others parked there that you don't like.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That there is an illegal tow truck up here in civilized DFW cities. Houston metro is...... Houston metro.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The first thing I did was call the building's owner and landlord to ask her if she called the tow truck. She said she didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tow truck drivers have standing contracts.  They drive by, see a car that shouldn’t be there and tow it.  No one even has to report it.  Have you really never experienced this before?  It sucks.

I’ve had it happen on public land, in the middle of the desert, while on an all day hike.  Came back, no truck.  This was before cell phones.  It took hours for another car to come by and would have been a couple days hike out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why was your vehicle singled out among all the other vehicles?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#38]
So assuming this is all true, you caught the guy who stole your car, and he told you he took it to some non-specific place, and then you just said "okay?"

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Tow truck had to either be called by property owner/manager or LEO.  They don't just run around towing cars.
(I eliminated the repo option since you said it was paid off, but I guess it could always be a case of mistaken identity.)
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tow truck had to either be called by property owner/manager or LEO.  They don't just run around towing cars.
(I eliminated the repo option since you said it was paid off, but I guess it could always be a case of mistaken identity.)
View Quote

In all of the places I’ve lived they had standing contracts and patrolled the lots themselves.  Maybe laws have changed or it varies state to state?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#41]
No legit tow company would sling that car.
The costs of damages would be immense.
He stole it and probably dropped at a chop shop.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So the tow truck driver gave me a
View Quote

Klondike Bar?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Nice. I have never seen a crewed TT before!

So, no signs in the lot of the responsible tow companies?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#45]
If the tow truck driver showed you a pic of the person's driver's license,  go to the home address on the license and ask them WTF is going on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#46]
That tow truck looks sketchy AF.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If the tow truck driver showed you a pic of the person's driver's license,  go to the home address on the license and ask them WTF is going on.
View Quote

That is an option. The person in the DL is a youngish White guy who looks like an engineer or something. No one like that works in this bldg. It's a small bldg with just a few tenants.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Is that a Kia?  Blessing in disguise.  Now you can buy a car that's not a shitbox.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#49]
So the cops never showed up.  Was it ppd or bcso?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#50]
If the property owner or manager didn't call that tow truck it is theft whether by mistake or confusion it is still theft and the cops should be investigating.
Page / 15
Top Top