BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is an option. The person in the DL is a youngish White guy who looks like an engineer or something. No one like that works in this bldg. It's a small bldg with just a few tenants.
View Quote

It sounds like the option you are going with is that maybe they will just return it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Personal experience has taught me to give them as much time to make your car disappear as posable.
Getting a busted vehicle back with your shit gone and dealing with the LE system will victimize you more than the theft.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They towed your front wheel drive car, assuming in park, from the back...you don't want that car back. Report it stolen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They towed your front wheel drive car, assuming in park, from the back...you don't want that car back. Report it stolen.
View Quote

Yeah, Pros would have used dollies under the front tires if they were not in a rush.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It sounds like the option you are going with is that maybe they will just return it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an option. The person in the DL is a youngish White guy who looks like an engineer or something. No one like that works in this bldg. It's a small bldg with just a few tenants.

Until I know where they took the car, I can't do much.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Found who towed OP's car.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Some questions that need answering.

1 What is your connection to the place where the car was parked?

2 How long had the car been parked there?

3 Did you have permission to park the car there?

4 Does the car have current plates and registration?

5 Have you contacted the POlice?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]
So after more phone conversations with the tow truck driver, it seems the white guy in the DL is the mastermind. Driver finally admitted my car was taken to a scrap yard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Gypsy Tow Truck paid the officers more to stay out of their business.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really?
Your car was stolen. You have photos of the thiefs, taking the car, his home address, verification from your landlord they didn't remove it from your property, and the thief admitted to you he took it, you can tell the cops what he said.
Why aren't you at the police station already?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some questions that need answering.

1 What is your connection to the place where the car was parked? (Work)

2 How long had the car been parked there? (It has been parked here for a long time - months)

3 Did you have permission to park the car there? (Yes)

4 Does the car have current plates and registration? (Plates yes, registration no)

5 Have you contacted the POlice? (Yes, but a car hasn't showed up yet so no report)
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So after more phone conversations with the tow truck driver, it seems the white guy in the DL is the mastermind. Driver finally admitted my car was taken to a scrap yard.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#14]

One bright spot is the driver seems to be a noob and is in holy fear. He doesn't speak English well. Think landscape worker but on the shady side.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can always just keep jerking us off.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why are you not at the police station with the evidence?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Trailer park, steal his house.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am heading there soon. I gotta drive to the right station in the perp's neighborhood. Just waiting for the gf to get off work.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Going to call bullshit on the cops not showing up.  It was either ppd or the sheriff's office and both of them for sure would have shown up.

Lol especially after the "have to drive to the police station closest to the suspects neighborhood"  lop.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

One bright spot is the driver seems to be a noob and is in holy fear. He doesn't speak English well. Think landscape worker but on the shady side.
View Quote

did you get a photo of the drivers license?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I did. When I confronted the driver in his neighborhood he was so startled, he gave everything up on the spot. He has a family with little kids. He needs to be there for them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Going to call bullshit on the cops not showing up.  It was either ppd or the sheriff's office and both of them for sure would have shown up.

Lol especially after the "have to drive to the police station closest to the suspects neighborhood"  lop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was HPD. And trust me, they pulled a no-show on me before. They probably would eventually show up, but I didn't have time to sit there all day for God knows how long.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes I did. When I confronted the driver in his neighborhood he was so startled, he gave everything up on the spot. He has a family with little kids. He needs to be there for them.
View Quote

Ok you’re full of shit.  Just stop already.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Man what a load of horse shit

Waiting on your gf but had the balls to roll up on the perp?

Ban this account plz
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It was HPD. And trust me, they pulled a no-show on me before. They probably would eventually show up, but I didn't have time to sit there all day for God knows how long.
View Quote

Ok, I will believe hpd didn't show, you said Pearland so I assumed ppd.  I forget that shit hole is in 3 counties.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sucks man,hopefully whoever is behind it is legally charged and forced to pay any bills incurred.
And the car is returned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Man what a load of horse shit

Waiting on your gf but had the balls to roll up on the perp?

Ban this account plz
View Quote

Why wouldn't I wait for her? Have you seen what she looks like? Her looks make things happen.

And update: I got the address to the scrap yard from the driver. Shall I roll up with a couple of ARs?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you confront him yelling 'La Migra!'

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ok, I will believe hpd didn't show, you said Pearland so I assumed ppd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I will believe hpd didn't show, you said Pearland so I assumed ppd.

Crime happened in HPD territory. Perp lives near Pearland (but probably still in HPD jurisdiction).
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you had told them a firearm was stolen with the car they'd show up then just tell them you were wrong after they get the report entered.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am heading there soon. I gotta drive to the right station in the perp's neighborhood. Just waiting for the gf to get off work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I agree. Wait as long as possible as your car is at a scrap yard. Makes sense. Perhaps that call to the PD to check your story makes even more sense?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes I agree. Wait as long as possible as your car is at a scrap yard. Makes sense. Perhaps that call to the PD to check your story makes even more sense?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need someone to ride shotgun?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why wouldn't I wait for her? Have you seen what she looks like? Her looks make things happen.

And update: I got the address to the scrap yard from the driver. Shall I roll up with a couple of ARs?
View Quote
If you have the address for the scrap yard, why not go there and claim your property?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Perp AO

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I have an idea. If enough paid members ignore a member they win a ban. It would save our overworked mods a few clicks.

mob rules
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Just start smashing windows with crowbar screaming "this is what you get when you f a stranger in the ass!"

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you have the address for the scrap yard, why not go there and claim your property?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're supposedly closed. But I'm driving by there anyway tonight. NVG?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#38]
So Wowpro I mean OP drives to Scrotum Frogs 'R Us and legally parks paid off KIA and tow truck driver Yosemite Sam and sidekick Tacoyomama who are cruising for a powder blue KIA sling her up and hit the highway. OP tails them to their luxury penthouse in the Vista LaCasa trailer park three hours later and calls the now unfunded Police who don't show up because they're getting their nails done at Donuts 'n Stuff so OP confronts Tacoyomama who shares a Jose Cuervo and says the KIA dissolved into 8700 loose parts and disappeared somewhere along the way (which they HAVE been known to do) and OP accepts this and heads for Taco Bell and then home. Is this a fair summary of the story so far? Seems like we're not getting ALL the details but what the hell, it reads.
Update: OP is working up a posse but Spottemgotshottem and Poopfancy aren't available so jump seats are available if any locals are interested?
Update: OP hires Dawg the Booty Hunter for fitty big ones who slips him the address where his former KIA is being dis-assembled into counterfeit iPads. OP has now assembled an elite fast response force to locate and re-assemble his former KIA into a Honda Odyssey mini van.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So Wowpro I mean OP legally parks paid off KIA and tow truck driver Yosemite Sam and sidekick Tacoyomama who are cruising for a powder blue KIA sling her up and hit the highway. OP tails them to their luxury penthouse in the Vista LaCasa trailer park three hours later and calls the now unfunded Police who don't show up because they're getting their nails done at Donuts 'n Stuff so OP confronts Tacoyomama who shares a Jose Cuervo and says the KIA dissolved into 8700 loose parts and disappeared somewhere along the way (which they HAVE been known to do) and OP accepts this and heads for Taco Bell and then home. Is this a fair summary of the story so far? Seems like we're not getting ALL the details but what the hell, it reads.
View Quote

Close enough. Except there was no Taco Bell. I'm hungry though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#40]
How did you get the address of the tow truck driver? They don't just hand out address's based on plate numbers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How did you get the address of the tow truck driver? They don't just hand out address's based on plate numbers.
View Quote

I hired a licensed, established PI who I've been doing business with for a while. They only charged me $50 out of sympathy I guess.

This is an example of getting things done in the world. Can't sit back and let the popo take care of you, or any institution or agency for that matter. You got to think fast, be resourceful, and take some chances. But most importantly, you just got to get off your ass and do something.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Oh, one of those fancy gated trailer parks.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh, one of those fancy gated trailer parks.

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Business/grey_poupon_ad_130219_wg.jpg
View All Quotes

It was a humongous trailer park. It had its own ghetto and "upscale" areas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some of u guys need to realize who OP is.....
View Quote

Exactly. Attention whore....who posts random troll stuff just to get reactions out of people.

Making 21'ers look good....
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Exactly. Attention whore....who posts random troll stuff just to get reactions out of people.

Making 21'ers look good....
View Quote

I fired the warning shot on page 2. And in just about every other thread I catch posted by our resident DU lifer. Some people just have to learn the hard way I guess.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#46]
What's a good loadout for auto scrap yards?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#47]
OP leaves car at work for months. Car gets taken in for scrap.

OP is somehow surprised

Idiot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP leaves car at work for months. Car gets taken in for scrap.

OP is somehow surprised

Idiot.
View Quote

But I was there the whole time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Which trailer park?  I just happen to live near Pearland (it is a suburb on the south side of Houston) and I gots to know.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What's a good loadout for auto scrap yards?
View Quote

Full auto of course.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top