Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/8/2018 7:03:56 AM EDT
His observations.
1. Nope, theres no white people there, just rude "asians", as in muslim asians..
2. Dirty as fuck. No normal trash bins around cuz bombs.
3. Full of bums, beggars and drunks. Drunks everywhere.
4. Best part of the trip was hanging out with the girls in the hotel room.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#2]
So, pretty much like every other big city in the world.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
That sucks. 20 years ago it was the opposite.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks. 20 years ago it was the opposite.
View Quote
Always thought it was dirty. Paris was terrible in 77-79
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]
He should have gone to Prague.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You're not serious. .. are you?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Muslim Asians? Lol.

Did they go to shithole parts of town?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
His observations.
1. Nope, theres no white people there, just rude "asians", as in muslim asians..
View Quote
That hasn't been my experience.

But not surprising coming from an Argentinian

Quoted:
Muslim Asians? Lol.
View Quote
Islam is the largest religion in Southeast Asia. IIRC over half the Muslim population is from the Asia-Pacific region.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Warsaw will soon be the last bastion of old world western civilization.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, London is... special.

Imagine all the "international city" liberal nonsense of NYC, with a hyper PC culture that prevents any healthy backlash.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Islam is the largest religion in Southeast Asia. IIRC over half the Muslim population is from the Asia-Pacific region.
View Quote
Also Pakistanis and Muslim Indians.

Brits correctly refer to them as "Asians."

Americans seem to think the Middle East stretches out to central China.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Warsaw will soon be the last bastion of old world western civilization.
View Quote
Agreed......the Poles seem to be the only European nation left to still have their shit together
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like he was staying in the wrong area. I go to Kensington regularly and I've walked those streets alone at all hours of the day and night without a hint of trouble. If you're closer to the downtown area or especially northeast of there, forget it. You'll find yourself in deep shit in no time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, not at all like every other big city.
We were in Paris recently and pleasantly surprised. He says theres no comparison between the two.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#15]
The last time I was there was about 7 years ago.  A lot of muslims around the Hyde Park area but other than that I thought it was a normal mix of people for a big city.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#16]
That link had a link to "mean world" syndrome, which I think could use an update or at least an offshoot entitled,"arfcom syndrome."
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Muslim Asians? Lol.

View Quote
That's what the media calls those groups of people.  That way it makes it sound more like you're talking about Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos... and not a Middle Eastern border country.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We were in Paris recently and pleasantly surprised. He says theres no comparison between the two.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve had the exact opposite experience. How your son describes London is how I would describe Paris.

I was in London the months leading up to and during the Olympics, so I figured it was clean because of that, but I was back last summer and to my surprise it was about the same.

I was in Paris in 2012, and it was dirty, Muslims everywhere on every street corner loitering, and tons of Gypsies. I have zero urge to ever go back to Paris, but I’ll be going back to London next year.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Muslim Asians? Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Muslim Asians? Lol.
That's Brit politically correct code word for Mohamed.
The Brirtish press calls these people "Asians", like the rape/sex slave gang below. See all those "asians"?
I dont make this shit up, you can check it out youself. Check out these "asians" ....

SEX ABUSE Hundreds of girls and vulnerable women abused ‘extensively’ by Asian grooming gangs

If you call Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill, Thames River Cruise, Piccadilly Circus and the Britsh Museum shitholes then yes.

They stayed in a nice hotel with other students, mostly French kids which were ok.

He didnt go with any negative preconceived ideas either, we explained to him that it was a nice opportunity for a 15 year old and he should enjoy and make the most of it.
The first day he called complaining about the place being a dirty shithole full of drunks, a drunk attacked and got into a fight with one of the students while walking around London.
We told him to forget about that and concentrate on the good things, the visit to the museum and other places they would be visiting.

We're not your typical arfcom basement dweller family that hardly left the state, and is scared of traveling. But that same night 6 teenagers got stabbed in London, some killed if I recall correctly. Cant say we werent a little worried.

My brother lives in London in a rather well off area and he tells me things have been going downhill fast and the poverty is more noticeable in the streets.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's what the media calls those groups of people.  That way it makes it sound more like you're talking about Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos... and not a Middle Eastern border country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muslim Asians? Lol.

Well, they're not European, Australian, American, African, or from Antarctica.....so they're Asian.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think Indonesia has the most Muslims of any country,
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's Brit politically correct code word for Mohamed.
The Brirtish press calls these people "Asians", like the rape/sex slave gang below. See all those "asians"?
I dont make this shit up, you can check it out youself. Check out these "asians" ....
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict0003446732501.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&quality=100&w=960
SEX ABUSE Hundreds of girls and vulnerable women abused ‘extensively’ by Asian grooming gangs

If you call Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill, Thames River Cruise, Piccadilly Circus and the Britsh Museum shitholes then yes.

They stayed in a nice hotel with other students, mostly French kids which were ok.

He didnt go with any negative preconceived ideas either, we explained to him that it was a nice opportunity for a 15 year old and he should enjoy and make the most of it.
The first day he called complaining about the place being a dirty shithole full of drunks, a drunk attacked and got into a fight with one of the students while walking around London.
We told him to forget about that and concentrate on the good things, the visit to the museum and other places they would be visiting.

We're not your typical arfcom basement dweller family that hardly left the state, and is scared of traveling. But that same night 6 teenagers got stabbed in London, some killed if I recall correctly. Cant say we werent a little worried.

My brother lives in London in a rather well off area and he tells me things have been going downhill fast and the poverty is more noticeable in the streets.
View Quote
Katie Hopkins  was on Tucker the other night; she pointed out that in the UK, "teens" involved in street crimes is code for "black".
those "teens" getting knifed are immigrant  gang members bringing their tribal revenge culture to the UK.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#23]
My son just got back as well and pretty much said that your son's assessment hit the nail on the head.

Quoted:
His observations.
1. Nope, theres no white people there, just rude "asians", as in muslim asians.. He didn't say anything about them being rude but from the moment he arrived at the airport, he'd never seen so many muslims.
2. Dirty as fuck. No normal trash bins around cuz bombs. Definitely the trashiest place he's ever been to and practically impossible to find a public restroom.
3. Full of bums, beggars and drunks. Drunks everywhere. I've taken him to Vegas for Shot before so he's seen what a lot of homelessness looks like but he said in London they were all Muslim.
4. Best part of the trip was hanging out with the girls in the hotel room. Agreed, except that the hotel in Almondsbury is in the running for The Worst Hotel On Planet Earth...but they did give them free admission tickets to St. Paul's Cathedral.
5. Being that he's a 270 lb football player, he was not appreciative of the portion size of most of the restaurants.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't they refer to far eastern asians as oriental?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
His observations.

View Quote
GRANDPA!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Depending on the source London is 70 to 80% white.   Impossible not to see white people.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
That link had a link to "mean world" syndrome, which I think could use an update or at least an offshoot entitled,"arfcom syndrome."
Holy shit, I just went back and checked that out...

It's funny 'cause it's true
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Funny how Poland doesnt have i*lamic truck rampages.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Wasn't my experience back in '16. Not saying that what he described doesn't exists, but if you are willing to spend some money to stay in a nice area you don't see that stuff.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, London is... special.

Imagine all the "international city" liberal nonsense of NYC, with a hyper PC culture that prevents any healthy backlash.
View Quote
Correct.  London's population has grown 40% in the last 3 years.  Think about that.

It also has a murder rate that is much higher than NYC.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/London-s-murder-rate-surpasses-NYC/5-2097827/
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Definitely some racial seregation going on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_London

Overall white population declining and Asian and Black increasing.  Arab too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Huh.  I just got back from there. Your son’s observations were about what I expected before going.

It simply isn’t reality. At least all the places I visited. Saw maybe 3 or 4 bums/beggars, (one setup next to an atm..lol) but really impressed with the city as a whole.

Lots of tourists from around the world, sure, but was surprised that most folks I saw were white. I never felt unsafe and moved around London by train, tube, Uber, taxi and bus.

The “people of color” were all quite friendly whether they lived in London or were tourists.

I also spent a few days touring the countryside and even though some folks don’t like Americans(according to friends who live there. They especially hate Trump), it was an experience I won’t soon forget.

(My wife heard one comment by another as they passed a statue of Abraham Lincoln “oh good, another American looking down at me”. )

By the way, the new $1billion American Embassy is beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Depending on the source London is 70 to 80% white.   Impossible not to see white people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The #1 name for boys in England is Mohamed or some variation of it. Besides, anyone that has eyes can see how many "asian" or black people there's in London. Cant see how anyone can cook the numbers bad enough to end up with 80% white.
Wikipedia says London is 44.9% white British, 2.2% white Irish and what the rest is you can pretty much imagine. That was back in 2011. Very much doubt its been getting any better in the last 7 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London
Quoted:
Being that he's a 270 lb football player, he was not appreciative of the portion size of most of the restaurants.
Your son is right and its not just because he's a big kid. My son told me that the hotel dinner was "soup". I asked if he was sure there was nothing else, he's sure. That was it, soup for dinner and some terrible pudding  thing for desert he didnt dare touch. Given that we paid for dinner at the hotel I'm pretty pissed about that. They ended up getting a pizza and eating it in thier room. Keep in mind we did live in Northern Ireland (which is part of UK) for 4 years, my son speaks perfect English, so it wasn't much of a culture shock.

He also said everything was ridiculously expensive. Not "tourist" prices which you'd expect, but more like a 2 inch little Big Ben epoxy model going for no less than 60 pounds.
He bought a few trinkets here and there and the prices were absurd. Seems like they are desperately trying to milk tourists.
Still glad he went and got to see the place. Traveling is a great learning experience at that age.
Next year I believe they are going to Rome.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Correct.  London's population has grown 40% in the last 3 years.  Think about that.

It also has a murder rate that is much higher than NYC.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/London-s-murder-rate-surpasses-NYC/5-2097827/
View Quote
Lol. They surpassed NYC by 1 death thus far this year. 14 vs 15 last I saw. It will be interesting to see if it continues, but chances are NYC will win.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

GRANDPA!!!!!!

View Quote
Hey, dont even joke about that stuff.
He says nothing happen, but who knows. He's 15, he should live a little. If you dont chase girls at that age then whats the point, right?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds like he was staying in the wrong area. I go to Kensington regularly and I've walked those streets alone at all hours of the day and night without a hint of trouble. If you're closer to the downtown area or especially northeast of there, forget it. You'll find yourself in deep shit in no time.
View Quote
Chelsea, Kensington,Westminster were very nice when I was there in February.  Went there with a little concern, but trip was great. Would return.

ETA: disappointed OP’s son did not have the same experience -  I also disagree with EU/UK policies and law that created the situation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Listening to ferfal on English stuff is like listening to Sarah Brady on guns.

Neither can approach the subject rationally.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Your son is either a liar or prejudiced. Not sure the angle to your posts.

My trip last week.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

PICADILLY CIRCUSAttachment Attached File

UNDERGROUND (TUBE)Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#40]
MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORYAttachment Attached File
TOWER OF LONDON CROWN JEWELSAttachment Attached File

BATHAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Dont get me wrong in general he had a good time.
As I was saying he didnt go with any negative preconceptions.
Maybe if he had gone with a very negative idea of what to expect he would have been more pleasantly surprised.
Quoted:
He should have gone to Prague.
View Quote
We're talking with some other parents about organizing another trip sooner. It really is cheap to travel around EU. UK was one of the most expensive options but since they are leaving the EU soon it made more sense to do it now.
Traveling to Prague for example is much cheaper. Hell, you can probably find tickets for 100 bucks and the hotel isnt all that much more. Sometimes you find tickets for 40 or 50 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He should have gone to Prague Edinburgh.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#43]
My trip last week.
View Quote
Looks like a bunch of tourist not citizens.

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
My trip last week.

....and exactly the places or types of places ferfal’s son is claimed to have visited.

Have you been to London?  Have you left the US?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His observations.

Quoted:
Muslim Asians? Lol.
That’s what UK press calls Pakistanis.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Nope, my son isnt a liar nor prejudiced.
You on the other hand sound like a dumb MFer thinking that taking pictures of a few spots packed with tourists means anything. You fail to understand that tourists are very much the same in London, NYC or the great wall of China.
But if you want to play that game, this is also London, which by the way has a muslim mayor, Sadiq Khan, voted by its people:

Muslims marching in London say they will CONQUER AMERICA

I lived in Northern Ireland, Uk for four years. My brother and nephews live in London.

ETA:
Proof of a magical kingdom ruled by a giant rat in America.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
His observations.
View Quote
4. Ummmm no shit
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You on the other hand sound like a dumb MFer thinking that taking pictures of a few spots packed with tourists means anything. You fail to understand that tourists are very much the same in London, NYC or the great wall of China.
But if you want to play that game, this is also London, which by the may has a muslim Mayor, voted by its people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnuL4N-VOpo
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But if you want to play that game, this is also London, which by the may has a muslim Mayor, voted by its people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnuL4N-VOpo
Way to try and change the subject. I never disputed that there are radical Muslim elements in London.

Sorry to respond with facts and actual observations to dispute your son’s anecdotal evidence.

Your original post in case you forgot.

Quoted:
His observations.
And more...” you call Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill, Thames River Cruise, Piccadilly Circus and the Britsh Museum shitholes then yes.”

Why are you getting so angry?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
What definition do they use for "white?"

London is less than 45% ethnically white British.

More than 40% is non-white unless you decide to consider Pakistanis and Indians to be "white."

When you add in tourism and the reality of where those white populations live relative to where tourists go, this reaction is not unexpected.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Way to try and change the subject. I never disputed that there are radical Muslim elements in London.

Sorry to respond with facts and actual observations to dispute your son’s anecdotal evidence.

Your original post in case you forgot.

And more...” you call Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill, Thames River Cruise, Piccadilly Circus and the Britsh Museum shitholes then yes.”

Why are you getting so angry?
View Quote
A pic you took during your vacation in London is a "fact" about the ethnic composition of the city. Are you high?
You're the one calling my son a liar.
If he says there's a shitload of muslims guess what? its because he's right. Check out the wikipedia link explaining the ethic composition of London if you have a problem understanding that. That was in 2011 and the city has grown in population 40% since then, mostly "asian" immigrants.
I have maybe 10GB of pictures from all over the world and I bet I can go through half of them looking pretty damn good, which like your holiday pics proove nothing at all.

You could have just said you had a nice/great time there or whatever, posted you pics and that would have been perfectly ok. But you had to be an ass about it, all while being wrong of course.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top