Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#1]
About time

He was a lowlife murdering thieving drug dealing scumbag
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Didn't Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels offer their services to the U.S. govnment during the Vietnam War? They actually wanted to be hired as the government's lap dogs. What does that make them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it the bikers that rounded up a large group of Americans, disarmed them....and then murdered them...old men, women and children...or was it the US Army at the direction of the government?  you want criminals....look no further the criminal enterprise known as government..and the lap dogs they hire to "follow orders"

Didn't Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels offer their services to the U.S. govnment during the Vietnam War? They actually wanted to be hired as the government's lap dogs. What does that make them?

Well most of them were vets. They all hated communism and are very patriotic. So that would explain it.

That might also explain all the hate they get here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

dumbshits, if it's even true, my guess is you have nothing but  a story, much like the Ted Nugent story, no facts and it fits your own biases quite nicely.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Reads volunteer telegram to LBJ @ 1:41

Hells Angels' Press Conference
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Again - they beat up my DAUGHTER.  FUCK THEM.  

I'm not too keen on apologists for them, either.
View Quote

Huh?

A bunch of HA dudes beat up your daughter?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well most of them were vets. They all hated communism and are very patriotic. So that would explain it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it the bikers that rounded up a large group of Americans, disarmed them....and then murdered them...old men, women and children...or was it the US Army at the direction of the government?  you want criminals....look no further the criminal enterprise known as government..and the lap dogs they hire to "follow orders"

Yeah, I'm sure their extensive criminal behavior and the thousands of victims they leave behind has nothing to do with it!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Men who wanted to defend their country against the threat of communism, which made them patriots, sadly those in power had no desire to fight the war to win and used it to line their pockets and undermine our rights and freedoms.

And the idea of the Hells Angels operating as either a special forces unit in Nam or as a domestic death squads, cleaning out the communist filth from Berkeley or Columbia University, or getting rid of the Weather Underground would be great.
View Quote

I believe that the nascency of the HA was returning WW2 vets who returned to the US and didn't feel like they fit in anymore.  They're a lot of things but being anti-American isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I mean..He did use a .38, that is a strike against him in and of itself.

Well you have that choice to not.

Try NOT wanting to associate with 3 letter agencies, for some reason they don’t take kindly to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe as an old ex-con with nothing left; but I remember him bragging about shooting a guy in the head with a .38 and the guy didn’t die. Not someone I’d want to associate myself with.

I mean..He did use a .38, that is a strike against him in and of itself.

Well you have that choice to not.

Try NOT wanting to associate with 3 letter agencies, for some reason they don’t take kindly to that.

Well to be fair, my father shot a Black Panther in the head with a .38 back in ‘74 and that SOB lived, too.

BP brought a knife to a gun fight. It’s never a good idea to attack an armed police officer with a knife. Not only did that idiot suffer permanent brain damage but he went to prison for 10 years.

Needless to say, he never carried a .38 again. He bought a .357 (which did effectively kill when it was used a couple of years later) until his department mandated Glocks in the early 90’s.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]
He just wanted to ride his machine without being hassled by the man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm sure their extensive criminal behavior and the thousands of victims they leave behind has nothing to do with it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ride and know a shit ton of bikers. I treat 1%'rs the same way I treat cops, I give them a wide berth for all the same reasons.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I just gotta say, CartmanNV is an amazing mental gymnastics poster.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

dumbshits, if it's even true, my guess is you have nothing but  a story, much like the Ted Nugent story, no facts and it fits your own biases quite nicely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres video of Barger reading his letter to the President offering his and the HA's services to go behind enemy lines in Viet Nam. I seent it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For anyone who ever rode a motorcycle and dreamed of the open road, the chief was the archetypical prototype. See, for those of us who ride, he represented the thing that we all desired. There's not many of us who wishes he had a house, a car, and a mortgage. We all dream of riding the open road, and basically pretend for 5 days a week in our suit and tie. We dream of simpler times.

Sonny, we'll miss you. For those of us who were around for the days of living in a hole in the wall, hiding from the citizens, and scrounging for a piece of toast, to being the thing that millions of men dreamt they were, was a spectacle with no equal. I can't speak for the mothership, but 40 years of prosperity and eventual acceptance of bikers as actual people is something we'll always be indebted to you and others like you for; guys who paved the way and gave us a chance to be more than an outcast and a second class citizen. Guys who sometimes made huge sacrifices, risked prison, and worse, to show the walking dead out there that it was ok to live, to be free, and be something more than the denizens of society that we were portrayed as.  

We got a chance to do something for the kids too. People less fortunate than we were. We raised millions for the cause, and gave the kids a christmas because we remembered when we, as kids, didn't have one. Although people who never did anything to help were always quick to judge, and to say it was nothing more than a stunt, we all knew better, and frankly, didn't care what anyone else thought. We did some good for people who needed and appreciated the help, without ever demanding anything in return.

May you find an open road and keep two fists in the wind. Ride good.
View Quote

This is the part that always bothers me about certain counter cultures.  It's not just bikers but also hippies, van lifers, ski bums, and bands guys.  These lifestyles DEPEND on the "walking dead" showing up and going to work to produce everything that the leisure class gets to enjoy.

I understand the appeal and I've been there myself in my early 20s but I've come to respect the "walking dead" who punch the clock from 9 to 5 in order to create the world that is so interesting to go roam freely in the first place.  Every single thing you consume every single day was created by some working schmuck somewhere.  Even the roads you drive on where built by guys who had to report in for their shift and never had the luxury of saying "fuck it" and hit the road on their bike with no destination or timeline.  Not everyone gets to live free and roam from hole in the wall to hole in the wall subsisting on the excess that spills over from the producers.

I don't have any problem with people living that life if they can find a way to make it work but always humble yourself with the reality that it's a luxury to live that way, no matter how quantifiably poor you may be while living it.  

In being humble, you don't call the people working doing the boring but necessary work of building society and raising the next generation "the walking dead".

As to everything else you said, believe me I understand.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I grew up in Pagan territory, never seen what happens when colors cross, eh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, lucky bastard to have met him.

Honestly do t know why so many bike shops have that rule.

I grew up in Pagan territory, never seen what happens when colors cross, eh?

Well. As was adequately demonstrated in Texas, nothing until the embedded fucking Feds start shooting  
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I believe that the nascency of the HA was returning WW2 vets who returned to the US and didn't feel like they fit in anymore.  They're a lot of things but being anti-American isn't one of them.
View Quote

Never thought otherwise, they are patriots and many a hippie got their asses kicked for fucking with the flag around them and for good measure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well to be fair, my father shot a Black Panther in the head with a .38 back in ‘74 and that SOB lived, too.

BP brought a knife to a gun fight. It’s never a good idea to attack an armed police officer with a knife. Not only did that idiot suffer permanent brain damage but he went to prison for 10 years.

Needless to say, he never carried a .38 again. He bought a .357 (which did effectively kill when it was used a couple of years later) until his department mandated Glocks in the early 90’s.
View Quote

Story? Which .357?

Yeah they tend to walk away from headshots.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is the part that always bothers me about certain counter cultures.  It's not just bikers but also hippies, van lifers, ski bums, and bands guys.  These lifestyles DEPEND on the "walking dead" showing up and going to work to produce everything that the leisure class gets to enjoy.

I understand the appeal and I've been there myself in my early 20s but I've come to respect the "walking dead" who punch the clock from 9 to 5 in order to create the world that is so interesting to go roam freely in the first place.  Every single thing you consume every single day was created by some working schmuck somewhere.  Even the roads you drive on where built by guys who had to report in for their shift and never had the luxury of saying "fuck it" and hit the road on their bike with no destination or timeline.  Not everyone gets to live free and roam from hole in the wall to hole in the wall subsisting on the excess that spills over from the producers.

I don't have any problem with people living that life if they can find a way to make it work but always humble yourself with the reality that it's a luxury to live that way, no matter how quantifiably poor you may be while living it.  

In being humble, you don't call the people working doing the boring but necessary work of building society and raising the next generation "the walking dead".

View Quote

What is your issue with van lifers?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Huh?

A bunch of HA dudes beat up your daughter?
View Quote

Different OMG - "Banditos" IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#19]
My dad used to work on his cars and motorcycles. Wasn't affiliated with Hells angels tho.

He said when he got out of prison he came to his shop to pick up his corvette they were doing some custom work on. There was a helicopter circling above. For the longest time he had Sonny's business card

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope, crips and bloods are largely bottom feeding scumbags who ruin everything they touch.

Name one person who ever benefited from them?

Besides the gun grabbers, Democrats, and CIA via crack.
View Quote

Snoop Dogg is a crip, just sayin
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He just wanted to ride his machine without being hassled by the man.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#22]
1%’r motorcycle culture played a huge part in who I am today.I never met Mr. Barger but I knew old guys just like him.They were flawed as we all are but I learned alot from them dudes.Sonny Barger lived one hell of a life…May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

And he probably sponsored a toy giveaway once.

You know, the crips are probably just misunderstood.

I mean, FBI ATF CIA.

Nowhatimean??  Amirite??
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Men who wanted to defend their country against the threat of communism, which made them patriots, sadly those in power had no desire to fight the war to win and used it to line their pockets and undermine our rights and freedoms.

And the idea of the Hells Angels operating as either a special forces unit in Nam or as a domestic death squads, cleaning out the communist filth from Berkeley or Columbia University, or getting rid of the Weather Underground would be great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

And he is still a disloyal, 3rd rate, has bin who is still a tool for the DNC.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
His stator quit on him in Oklahoma in '04 or '05, and we went out and picked him up and brought him to the shop in Joplin. The shops in OK didn't want colors in their shops and wouldn't help him. We had a stator in stock and had him going pretty quick.

He was a super nice guy, was very respectful to all of us, and they sent us a box of HA tee shirts as a gift when they got back to AZ. I still have mine, somewhere (There were only smalls by the time I got to the box, and I'm 6'2").

His bike was a very plain turquoise Road King, with a plaque on the dash. A gift from the Angels, it said, IIRC.

RIP. Super stand-up guy. Didn't expect anything special.
View Quote

My uncle knew him and said the same about him.

Another uncle was an idjit and stole a HA motorcycle. They came to Chinatown often hunting for him.  Never caught him.  He finally mellowed out (senior citizen now).
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My uncle knew him and said the same about him.

Another uncle was an idjit and stole a HA motorcycle. They came to Chinatown often hunting for him.  Never caught him.  He finally mellowed out (senior citizen now).
View Quote

Wonder how many bikes the HA are responsible for stealing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#28]
A daughter of his is a neighbor of mine, she looks JUST like him.
She is really careful who she told, constantly worried of kidnapping/extortion from her dads rivals.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh yeah I forget it’s ok to fucking worship “some gangs” around here. Can we go ahead and pay tribute to the founders of the bloods or crips, or how about the Mexican mafia, you know criminals, oh I forget bikers aren’t criminal pieces of trash around here
View Quote

Translated from one of Yosemite Sam's famous rants:

Dirty purka sharka back flattin’ portin’ philabunkabartin’ purkalooma burtin’ durtin’ boosta nattin’ flattin’ anata ooooh!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You really aren't very bright, are you?

Let me type it slowly for you so you can maybe understand it better. (Or, do I need to write it out in crayon on my screen?)

The government sucks. So do members of criminal biker gangs. (And, yes, so do liberals and politicians of all ilk.)

There isn't some metric which requires us to worship one bunch of criminals because they're less bad than others.

The local kiddy diddler hasn't touched my daughters or infringed on my liberty. Should I invite him to babysit my girls? I mean, he didn't kill Randy Weaver's wife, so he must be a nice dude.

Putting a group of criminals on a pedestal because you feel their crimes aren't as bad as the crimes of another group is fucking retarded.

By your metric, you need to admit the FBI, IRS, and ATF aren't really that bad because they haven't killed as many people as the Gestapo, SS, NKVD, or KGB.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought he died several years ago. An American original. All the copy cat clubs are because of him. One quote that cracked me up was when he was interviewed on why the stuck with Harleys. He said they should have switched over to Jap bikes in the 70's because they didn't break down as often.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have an issue with van lifers.  If you can swing it, do it.  I have an issue when people living those kinds of nomadic lifestyles talking derisively about people who work 9 to 5 like somehow they are stupid chumps.  Those lifestyles only exist in the first place because of poor schmucks working 9 to 5.

I saw it a lot when I was working in music.  I saw more than a few musicians living free and adventurous lifestyles on the road developing an entitlement attitude and a form of snobbery towards regular working stiffs who punched a clock from 9 to 5 and then spent time with their families on the weekend leaving very little time for the kind of adventures that  we are talking about here.  I have this opinion because I've been there.  In my 20s I was in a band, with a record deal, and spent a lot of time having adventures on the road and basically living off of everyone else's hard work while I had the time of my life.  I've seen it from both sides now and I "get" that what I did is not something that everyone can do.  It's physically impossible.  The world doesn't get clothed, fed, and housed on me going around and playing music.  It's an awesome privilege to be able to live an life an adventure, not an entitlement.

I'm not trying to make this out to be a bigger deal than it is because it's not.  Just recognize that these kinds of subcultures are a product of the excess of our system, not some natural state that men find themselves in when freed from the bounds of society.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Never thought otherwise, they are patriots and many a hippie got their asses kicked for fucking with the flag around them and for good measure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patriotic criminals and thugs. Do they pay taxes on the money they make from drug trafficking and gun sales? Do you?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#34]
RIP.

I ran a decent sized motorcycle event for a bunch of years.  In that capacity I dealt with many Northeast chapters of the Hell's Angels.  Big Red Machine (NYC), New Rock City (New Rochelle NY), NY Nomads, CT Nomads, Bridgeport, Hard Hittin Hartford, Cape Cod, Berkshire County (MA), Rhode Island and possibly a few others.  They were always respectful and there was never a problem.  If there was an issue or a request we never failed to come up with a reasonable solution.  I had a good relationship with several members who I interacted the most with.  What they did away from my events is none of my concern.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Patriotic criminals and thugs. Do they pay taxes on the money they make from drug trafficking and gun sales? Do you?
View Quote
No matter how hard they try, they can't compete with the DEA an ATF.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Gonna be a helluva funeral I’d imagine.
View Quote

That's an understatement a mob funeral has nothing on a biker funeral and I would imagine everyone will turn out for this one. The clubs will declare a truce the "scoots," will be polished up and the procession will last for miles. Man-o-man I'd love to see something like that. If you haven't already read "Hell's Angles by Hunter Thompson. It describes another time and place but still a hellava read.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's an understatement a mob funeral has nothing on a biker funeral and I would imagine everyone will turn out for this one. The clubs will declare a truce the "scoots," will be polished up and the procession will last for miles. Man-o-man I'd love to see something like that. If you haven't already read "Hell's Angles by Hunter Thompson. It describes another time and place but still a hellava read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a perfect location to drop a JDAM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, look at how many people came to Bonnie Parker's funeral.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, we have had and still do have criminals in elected office……….during Prohibition people like Capone and his kind were seen as Robin Hood so it stands to reason…….one man’s hood is another man’s hero

Yep, look at how many people came to Bonnie Parker's funeral.

Don't all "famous" funerals draw a crowd?

Come out to see and be seen? I was there? Gawkers, pretenders, wanna bes?

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#39]
He had some interesting stories.
There was series on the History Channel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I met him briefly when he brought his Victory Vision into a shop I worked at part time.  He and his entourage were polite when they insisted his bike go to the head of the line.

As a retired LEO I thought he embodied everything I worked against.

May God have mercy on his soul.  But I do not think so.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#41]
For years I rode and frequently with 1%guys.
Most of those guys came up in the MC culture in the mid to late 60’s.
They were an interesting bunch, but had become caricatures of what they though “civilians” thought they should be. Kind of sad, but they seemed to enjoy it.
Almost  to a man you couldn’t trust them and I sure didn't sleep around them.
Each to his on. RIP sonny.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's an understatement a mob funeral has nothing on a biker funeral and I would imagine everyone will turn out for this one. The clubs will declare a truce the "scoots," will be polished up and the procession will last for miles. Man-o-man I'd love to see something like that. If you haven't already read "Hell's Angels" by Hunter Thompson. It describes another time and place but still a hellava read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's an understatement a mob funeral has nothing on a biker funeral and I would imagine everyone will turn out for this one. The clubs will declare a truce the "scoots," will be polished up and the procession will last for miles. Man-o-man I'd love to see something like that. If you haven't already read "Hell's Angels" by Hunter Thompson. It describes another time and place but still a hellava read.

Read it decades ago. Interesting insight into the lifestyle.

In my younger days (mid 80's-mid 90's) I partied around/with a few OMC members, Hell's Angels, BPMs, Sons of Silence, El Foresteros, Banditos, Dry Riders, probably a couple more. Never had any problems with any of them.

Only ever saw one guy get KTFO. Guy was being an ass, bigger guy, in good shape/muscular. Sassing off about how bikers thought they were tough guys. 1%'er kept his cool probably longer that I would have. Asshole guy shoved the biker, biker said "I wouldn't do that again if I were you", Dickhead says "You're not me" as he's coming in raising his hands to shove the biker again. He never connected, the next thing he made contact with was his face in the dirt.

Never had a desire to join, I don't kiss anybody's ass so I can hang out with them, I'm not anybody's fucking "gopher", too many rules for "Freedom".
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why..cause they ain't paying taxes and tribute to the .gov?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you guys all subscribe to the same OMG newsletter?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Good to see sane minded people here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...the .gov screws up more lives and commits more crimes than the HA ever did..the .gov just hated the competition.

Good to see sane minded people here.

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "small-minded".
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Again - they beat up my DAUGHTER.  FUCK THEM.  

I'm not too keen on apologists for them, either.
View Quote

What club? Can you link the thread?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna be a helluva funeral I'd imagine.

I read somewhere that he had a falling-out with HA in the later years, and was persona non grata.  Might not be as big a turnout as some think.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't you have some crow to eat about the Hell's Angels' volunteering to be the government's lap dogs in Vietnam?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top