Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's going to keep them from becoming another Spike's?

Very similar, disruptive business models, 10 years apart.  
View Quote
A lack of dicks in their logo for one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Their 13.7 with the a5 is an extremely flat shooting rifle. I wish they pinned their gas blocks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The fanboys will definitely kill their brand.  They sell good shit with great specs and QC.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen a SOLGW in the wild, only heard a lot about them.  Are they still doing HPT testing on individual bolts?  I've never been much of a fan of that.

They seem to be as good or maybe slightly better than BCM, but they for sure aren't a KAC.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SOLGW should not even be spoken in the same sentence as Knights Armament. Period.

One is the very top of the food chain, the other a dumb boutique parts assembler.
View Quote
KAC might be the best, but how many average Americans own a KAC rifle?

And how many will shoot enough ammo to make the price worth it vs a $600-1k AR?

Quite a few affordable ARs on the market are great rifles

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don’t have a complete SOLGW gun, but I have used 14 of their LPKs over the last two years and their lowers are Mega.  Can’t beat ‘em.
View Quote

Isn’t Mega Zev Tech now?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Isn’t Mega Zev Tech now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t have a complete SOLGW gun, but I have used 14 of their LPKs over the last two years and their lowers are Mega.  Can’t beat ‘em.

Isn’t Mega Zev Tech now?

Yes, Zev OEM's for SOLGW, MEGA and a few others. They are basically still MEGA but Zev took over the name and upper management
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
When all boils down, I think SOLGW's legacy will be that of a fanatical dedication to the best bolt carrier for sale that isnt some exotic alloy. Their BCGs sell out in hours, sometimes minutes. I was lucky to get my hands on 2 the past few weeks. I think they have Microbest manufacture all their BCG parts and perform the SP/HP/MP operations performed on each individual bolt. If my understanding is correct, they assemble each unit and full auto test fire each indvidual bcg.

I also think that it was a wise decision to have Mega make their receivers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You called? Internet Navy Ranger Scout SEAL Delta Od detachment reporting for service, SIR!!! don't try even try to verify. My records are classifieds. Only the president can unseal them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no. The thread about the high rate of fire being bad for their barrels made the internet Navy Ranger Scout SEALS spidey senses tingle.

You called? Internet Navy Ranger Scout SEAL Delta Od detachment reporting for service, SIR!!! don't try even try to verify. My records are classifieds. Only the president can unseal them.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SOLGW should not even be spoken in the same sentence as Knights Armament. Period.

One is the very top of the food chain, the other a dumb boutique parts assembler.
View Quote

LoL

The Orange County Choppers of ARs.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no. The thread about the high rate of fire being bad for their barrels made the internet Navy Ranger Scout SEALS spidey senses tingle.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've never heard of them.

ARs were easy back in the day.
Just ABC and the 'Chart'.

View Quote

I've never heard of them either.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Name too long/10
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
lots of hate here.  not surprising.  most have no idea how hard it is to be a professional AR assembler.  it requires somewhat specialized tools in $50 range, a vise, righty-tighty knowledge, hitting a very narrow torque value window between 30 and 80 ft lbs. a decent camera and Instagram account, lower IQ fan base.  hideous/oversized logo etched into every got dang part.  i mean, the list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lots of hate here.  not surprising.  most have no idea how hard it is to be a professional AR assembler.  it requires somewhat specialized tools in $50 range, a vise, righty-tighty knowledge, hitting a very narrow torque value window between 30 and 80 ft lbs. a decent camera and Instagram account, lower IQ fan base.  hideous/oversized logo etched into every got dang part.  i mean, the list goes on and on.
View Quote

Hahaha
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had their stuff for years, hung out with them, been to both shops, etc.

Bar none, you would be hard pressed to find another company that has as solid of people as SOLGW.

They have done a fantastic job in the last 6 years and their reputation is well earned.

For a website that loves to tear people down for slight political disagreements, please show me a company that is as "on our side" as them.

Show me a company that has a warranty that competes with theirs.

They are incredibly passionate about the AR15, as well as incredibly knowledgable. Their guns hold up to serious abuse. They source top tier parts, and QC all of them as they come in. They 100% stand behind their product. They build an incredibly solid rifle, that is inexpensive for what it is.

There were a lot of manufacturers that started slacking on parts they sourced during the COVID debacle, in an attempt to keep up with demand. They did not. They are no compromise.

They are my default gun I give out to people who don't own an AR these days.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I had never heard of them before until I started seeing individuals  selling off their stuff on a local gun sales site.

Primary Arms had two of their lowers in their Cyber Monday sales,   looked nice but not sure they are worth 2 or 3 times other lower receivers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a couple of their lowers from a custom run we had done at another website.

The markings were a little light but otherwise well done.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it's so easy to do, why aren't you doing it, and why aren't you as successful as them?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So I think we all know SOLGW has carved out their piece of the market and they definitely have a following. Recently I came across a poll on social media asking about the “best” AR15 rifle, and wouldn’t you know it, SOLGW is in the running to be a finalist, currently head to head with KAC. Granted, this is nothing more than a popularity poll (no operational testing what so ever), but bare with me here. One thing is obvious: people LOVE this company. I would also like to say that I own not a single SOLGW firearm or item.

So then I got to thinking. For a company that manufactures nothing and outsources all of their parts, they have it together. They advertise high end, tight specs on every piece of the gun. This allows them to charge a premium without investing big into what it takes to make these parts in house. This allows them to warranty these parts basically forever and against anything.

The owner hands out customer service left and right. Call him if you have an issue. He gives you a replacement gun if you use yours to defend yourself and it gets taken as evidence. List goes on.

Obviously what they are doing is working. Their stuff stays out of stock everywhere and brings premium money when it is in stock.

I think from a business perspective we could all learn a lot from SOLGW.
View Quote

I have one complete upper that the rail came crooked, and one completed rifle that has so much upper to lower slop it shakes like Michael J Fox.

They're not that great.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When all boils down, I think SOLGW's legacy will be that of a fanatical dedication to the best bolt carrier for sale that isnt some exotic alloy. Their BCGs sell out in hours, sometimes minutes. I was lucky to get my hands on 2 the past few weeks. I think they have Microbest manufacture all their BCG parts and perform the SP/HP/MP operations performed on each individual bolt. If my understanding is correct, they assemble each unit and full auto test fire each indvidual bcg.

View Quote

I have also heard this about their BCGs.

What is stopping anyone else from calling and buying the same spec from the supplier and slapping their own logo on it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If it's so easy to do, why aren't you doing it, and why aren't you as successful as them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

uhhh.  cause i can't afford the 10,000 watt laser they use to etch my huge obnoxious logo over the original manufactures logo?

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What is stopping anyone else from calling and buying the same spec from the supplier and slapping their own logo on it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never heard of them.

ARs were easy back in the day.
Just ABC and the 'Chart'.

This.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Im going to name my company guy who's been drinking bourbon for 3 hours riflewerkz
View Quote

Be careful wit dat.  

Somebody might have a thing with that and tell you that you be 'fringing.
Maybe you should let him consume for at least 5 hours.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They sure went from unknown to marketing success rapidly, take note.

But their stuff is way overpriced.  It's just standard dime a dozen AR stuff.  They may assemble some nice parts but who couldn't for 2700 bucks.
View Quote

US Gubbamint!  Yo tax dollahs, YO!
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#27]
step one:  have others develop and make parts
step two:  add own logo to said part
step three:  lol look, now i make the fastest production car.  give me praise

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]
One quickie: it seems there is a lot of hate on SOLGW and how they arent in the same league as LMT, KAC, DD etc.

Well, Ive seen a used LMT lower on here that had some horrible forging flash still on the back of the lower. For a company that hangs its hat on exceptional machining, they definitely missed that one. Theres no manufacturer thats infallible, even if they machine their parts and assemble the rifle.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#29]
They have a following sure. But wait initial there is a problem with on of their rifles no functioning correctly and SOLGW says "oh man, yeah that's not right" and says the customer is on their own to fix it.

FSOLGW
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a couple SOLGW rifles along with a bunch of Geisseles, BCMs, Colts, Larues, Sionics, a LMT, and others.

What I like about Sons is that they are very open with their specs, and they QC and reject parts from the manufactures that don't meet them.

For instance I know that a Sons barrel (manufactured by Ballistic Advantage) will have an appropriately sized gas port and a gas block dimple. Buying a barrel directly from Ballistic Advantage doesn't guarantee those feature which are extremely important to me and worth the modest premium.

Sons is also one of the few AR manufacturers left that doesn't over-gas their guns for optimum performance with under-powered steel-case imported ammo. My two Sons rifles and the LMT are the only rifles I have that perfectly eject at 4:00. This is consistent across the dozen or so Sons rifles that I've fired.

Sons hands down has the best receiver finishes on the market. While made in the same factory, the anodizing on my Mega receivers is nowhere near as good as all of the Sons receivers I've seen.

They are priced the same as what I consider their contemporaries. However, calling them a parts assembler is definitely accurate compared the manufacturers like Colt, LMT, Geissele, FN, etc. That never seemed to bother anyone about BCM though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#31]
SOLGW is good shit. I like what they stand for. I like their passion for the AR15 and our rights.

Their customer service model fucking sucks. Idk why Mike let’s that shit fly. They basically ignore you until you find Mike’s personal number. He takes care of shit when you call him, but having to contact the owner to get anything done isn’t good. I think Mike has good intentions, but something (someone) isn’t working internally in that aspect. Not like I’m the only one with this experience. It is/was a common complaint. Haven’t bought anything from them in a while, so Maybe it’s changed recently

If you are going to charge me premium prices for a rifle, I better not be getting a barrel known for being a budget friendly option.

I could look past those things  if they would offer a barrel profile other than government.

All that being said, they are quality and actually care about our community. We could use more like them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have one complete upper that the rail came crooked, and one completed rifle that has so much upper to lower slop it shakes like Michael J Fox.

They're not that great.
View Quote

I bought a few Geissele that rattled like a fucking china shop in an earthquake. Sold off my Geissele receivers and never looked  back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a couple SOLGW rifles along with a bunch of Geisseles, BCMs, Colts, Larues, Sionics, a LMT, and others.

What I like about Sons is that they are very open with their specs, and they QC and reject parts from the manufactures that don't meet them.

For instance I know that a Sons barrel (manufactured by Ballistic Advantage) will have an appropriately sized gas port and a gas block dimple. Buying a barrel directly from Ballistic Advantage doesn't guarantee those feature which are extremely important to me and worth the modest premium.

Sons is also one of the few AR manufacturers left that doesn't over-gas their guns for optimum performance with under-powered steel-case imported ammo. My two Sons rifles and the LMT are the only rifles I have that perfectly eject at 4:00. This is consistent across the dozen or so Sons rifles that I've fired.

Sons hands down has the best receiver finishes on the market. While made in the same factory, the anodizing on my Mega receivers is nowhere near as good as all of the Sons receivers I've seen.

They are priced the same as what I consider their contemporaries. However, calling them a parts assembler is definitely accurate compared the manufacturers like Colt, LMT, Geissele, FN, etc. That never seemed to bother anyone about BCM though.
View Quote

You say they’re very open about their specs… have you ever seen a drawing for one of their parts?  Do they have drawings for their parts?  How do they measure them to verify those specs?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You say they're very open about their specs have you ever seen a drawing for one of their parts?  Do they have drawings for their parts?  How do they measure them to verify those specs?
View Quote

The examples that they gave me were pin gauging every gas port and weighing every buffer. They send back anything that doesn't gauge out correctly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The examples that they gave me were pin gauging every gas port and weighing every buffer. They send back anything that doesn't gauge out correctly.
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Horse shit. My 12.5" upper from them is so overgassed there's zero fucking way what they claim is true. Plenty of reviews of their 12.5s have the same problem.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sons of liberty gun assemblers
View Quote

Just like Hodge right?

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just like Hodge right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sons of liberty gun assemblers

Just like Hodge right?

Suns doesn’t use inferior 9310 bolt material like Hodge.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Their lowers are properly milled in the right places is what I'd read.  That's a good thing.

They do love some Instagram.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Whenever I hear about how awesome a place is about customer service with their product too often I consider many people are having problems with their products.
View Quote

I had an out of spec bolt release from their blaster pack
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:10:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Horse shit. My 12.5" upper from them is so overgassed there's zero fucking way what they claim is true. Plenty of reviews of their 12.5s have the same problem.
View Quote

My and my buddy's 12.5" Sons uppers both eject at 4:00, so I don't know. Mike did say the 12.5" is their "gassiest" barrel, but the only two 12.5s I've shot were perfect. They were on Sons lowers with A5 buffer systems, so that may have been a factor.  

I have never watched them pin gauge a barrel, so I won't argue with anyone about whether they were lying or not. Every Sons rifle I've seen has been perfectly gassed (while nearly every other rifle has been over gassed) which has led me to believe that it was true.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their kitchen scale said it weighed what it was supposed to.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the drawing was even correct too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I snagged a sol sage edition 12.5. Gassed right suppressed and unsuppressed Vltor A5 buffer systems . The handguard uses wedge lock which makes for a secure fit. Fit and finish is nice. Overall its a nice rifle. Only changes i would make is get rid of the gov profile barrel and b5 trigger guard. I own kac ..bcm..scar to compare .
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Haha. Rails, triggers and optics are the only things remotely innovative in last 20 years.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#47]
For example, their sourced BCG selling for premium money:

https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/solgw-sons-of-liberty-gunworks-5-56-bcg/
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Solo doesn’t make, or finish anything. Words have meanings.

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Solo doesn’t make, or finish anything. Words have meanings.

View Quote

They sure do. Perhaps you should learn some of them.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/make
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/build

SOLGW MAKES and BUILDS rifles and pistols. How do you feel about that?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#50]
The Noveske business model, then?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top