User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
That dumbass didn’t learn last year.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Minor traffic infractions lead to plenty of worthy arrests.

Ted Bundy and Timothy McVeigh come to mind.

The Sovereign Citizen culture should not free you from a traffic stop simply bc you are being a pain in the ass to the officer.

I always love when the “Traveler” has to google what to say...
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Since when are local cops supposed to be ICE agents and raid chicken plants?
View Quote
Maybe some investigating and co-op with the feds. Local cops seem to have no problemss arresting people for ever other federal law on the books. I  guarantee you most cops would have no hesitations arresting someone for a NFA violation.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Very professional behavior on the part of the officers.  I don't think I heard anyone drop the f-bomb or even utter an unkind word.  I applaud their conduct.  And they were more than patient with the sovereign citizen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I wear my seat belt everywhere and did so long before the law went into effect, but I explicitly remember when they were becoming mandatory, every politician and police agency saying the law would not ever be used to pull people over

and... LOL at sovereign citizens
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
It's so much easier when you're polite and not acting like an asshole. Many times I have been let off or written up for speeding but way below how fast I was really going.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very professional behavior on the part of the officers.  I don't think I heard anyone drop the f-bomb or even utter an unkind word.  I applaud their conduct.  And they were more than patient with the sovereign citizen.
View Quote
I think detroit cops would yank your ass at about the 45 second mark if you play fuck fuck games like he did.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The SC movement is a conspiracy by the auto glass manufacturers to sale more car windows . I'm shocked at the police not having a small cheap metal center punch that could pop a window with ease and doesn't cost 5bux and don't weigh anything.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Only thing more exciting than seeing a sovereign citizen busted is seeing one put in a straight jacket.  
View Quote
I liked the encounter with one on Live PD who refused to get out of the car.  Until they opened the passenger door and inserted the maligator.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"If you don't wear your seat belt you could hit your head!"
[Bonk!]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
" />
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Only reason I would want to be a cop is for those encounters.
View Quote
Lol fuck that.

I'd rather fuck off during patrol, make "contacts" within the community for those two years, pursue high risk individuals, and end up within the Gang unit/kicking doors in with Swat.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
We did this one already and joked about him being a newbie SC.

More patience than I've got.Once it starts going this way. Go ahead and get backup if you have and get started on the paperwork
Personally I got a little tired of him begging for the DL
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

may your chains rest lightly, although with that type of reply I imagine you're the one demanding compliance
View Quote
I have no chains nor do I invite the police to put a chrome plated set on me. Have fun with yours.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The wife has a cousin who's husband in a Sovereign citizen. Generally, we only see them maybe once a year but until recently I had no idea this guy had these beliefs. I've watched several videos including this one about how nutty they are and by god this guy is just like them. I would have to say that maybe five percent of what came out of his mouth was true, however the other 95% was BS, Very methodical, very precise, laid his "case" out just like a lawyer and got upset if you dared to challenge  anything he said. These people certainly have what I call "Pretzel Logic," and I could stand to talk with the guy for only around half an hour before I found something better to do.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most certainly, but you can do everything cleaner than that.

I worked with dudes who would fish by stopping no license plate lights.  What fucking jokers they were.
View Quote
Most of that has gone away with tag scanners right? If they have a warrant or suspended license it should come up without having to go fishing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Holy... wow!!  Have you tried switching to decaf?
View Quote
Holly cow! Try saying something intelligent.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
... what an asshole!
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, he was putting himself in danger with no seatbelt. Good thing we broke his car and dragged him out on the street for his own safety. honk honk.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#22]
i once got pullled over for changing lanes without signaling when there was no traffic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good stop! I am pretty sure I heard the cop at the end of video say "He's got a warrant on him". There is usually a reason folks act like this.
View Quote
As funny as that would be, I think you misheard slightly.

Someone mentioned securing the phones as evidence, and I believe the officer you heard was talking about "getting a warrant on them" (the phones), not that the driver had a warrant.

I could be mistaken, though. It was rather hard to hear exactly what was said.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Saw that a long long time ago. He's an idjit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
When assholes collide.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#26]
The dumbass was strong in that one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Fucking stupid. I would have handed that Haligan to the cop and told him bring it back when you're done with it. I worked closely with cops all the time but I would not get involved in that kind of stupid.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Its a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
some dead old guy said that once.
View Quote
So you get to decide which laws are unjust. Aren't we all just blessed you are the one who tells the judge you are omnipotent. How did it go? Oh wait, you're just blowing smoke on Arfcom with stupid clichés that will get some poor sucker in trouble because he listened to some sovereign goof balls.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Seatbelt violations are a "primary offense" in Maine. You can and will be pulled over for it. Especially in small(er) towns.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I literally ate popcorn watching that!

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#32]
The poor police officer involved didn't know what to do once the driver decided not to cooperate. He also seemed rather unsure of himself on what the laws actually were in regards to producing a driver's license when requested.

For the record, I also don't know what those laws are, but it's not my job to know...

Considering the driver took the time to look up his scripted speech and talking points, the officer should have taken the time to look up the law in question so that he could show or read it to the driver. At that point, the officer could have been much more confident in his right to arrest the driver for refusing to provide a driver's license or proof of insurance, presuming that's what the law requires the driver to do.

In my opinion, none of those officers seemed to have any clue in how to proceed, which I'm guessing stemmed from them being uncertain of the actual law in question.

I have a real problem when anyone, especially an authority figure, falls back on the arguement of "You have to do this because I told you to." Either cite the law in question, which should also have some reference to the penalties for failure to do so, or take the time to look it up. Just saying "Because I said so!" repeatedly while the driver says "I don't have to!" repeatedly gets them both nowhere.

Just for the sake of argument, what if the driver was correct regarding the requirement (or lack thereof) to produce identification in his state? Now the department is looking at a lawsuit or a payout, just because the officer didn't want to look ignorant.

If you're not sure of the exact wording of the law or statute in question, take the time to look it up or call someone who can answer the question for you.

Just my opinion on the matter.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Damn, he was putting himself in danger with no seatbelt. Good thing we broke his car and dragged him out on the street for his own safety. honk honk.
View Quote
There were cans in need of picking-up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I liked the encounter with one on Live PD who refused to get out of the car.  Until they opened the passenger door and inserted the maligator.
View Quote
One thing about sovereign citizens is they can be quite entertaining esp. when they start playing junior lawyer. They can also be quite violent in a traffic stop.

A long friend of mine tried dabbling in the Sovereign movement a few years ago. Got arrested for being a smart mouth and lied to the officer. Got arrested and then told the judge he had no jurisdiction over him. It went over real well. He got out of jail about two weeks later. His second mistake was trying to tell his parole officer how to do her job. That didn't go over well either. It was when he met the judge for the second time he got his reality check. No more stupid junior lawyer stunts. He now spends his time immersed in flat earth and conspiracies galore. It is safer for him thank goodness. Another Sovereign friend of his spent 9 months in the funny farm for playing games in a judge's courtroom. When he got out, he gave it up too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What everyone is missing here is that if the guy had just showed him license and ins, he would have probably said "Have a nice day and be sure to wear your seatbelt".  Well, at least until he found out about the warrant....

My SIL is a GSP trooper and he said he would never ticket a good driver for not wearing the belt. Just a warning.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Lol.

#7 was very patient and polite.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Son-in-law would be my guess.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Suspect: "ok google, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and have been pulled over. What's my best course of action except for compliance?"

Google: "just keep scrolling while they bust out your window and throw you to the pavement."
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sovereign citizens & body cams........the youtube gift that keeps on giving......
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#41]
I've gotten in my fair share of petty little pissing contests, and took things to a ridiculous extent just because I could, but what a douche. And who has time for that shit?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have no desire to be a LEO. But I see police give a blind eye to open criminal violations all the time. Every local cop here knows all the local chicken plants hire hundreds of illegal aliens but never do a thing about it. But these same police will pull you or me over for going 10mph over the limit in a heartbeat. Its all a bunch of BS anymore...
View Quote
It's obvious you know nothing about the law, but please explain for the class what a local or even state level LEO can do about illegal immigrants.

I'll go ahead and tell you, the answer is absolutely nothing. A cop can't charge someone for being an illegal. And they aren't enforcing federal laws.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not only that, since when do local cops enforce labor laws?
View Quote
Yeah... but... but... sOmEtHiNg HaS tO bE dONe!!11!!111 LazY cOpS
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Dupe.  And it's still cringy
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Have any of those SC idiots ever been even mildly successful?
View Quote
That’s thing it always ends the same but I can’t stop watching. You have a dude who thinks he knows the law and then they break his window.

He is in shock that they broke his window.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The wife has a cousin who's husband in a Sovereign citizen. Generally, we only see them maybe once a year but until recently I had no idea this guy had these beliefs. I've watched several videos including this one about how nutty they are and by god this guy is just like them. I would have to say that maybe five percent of what came out of his mouth was true, however the other 95% was BS, Very methodical, very precise, laid his "case" out just like a lawyer and got upset if you dared to challenge  anything he said. These people certainly have what I call "Pretzel Logic," and I could stand to talk with the guy for only around half an hour before I found something better to do.
View Quote
I met someone like that but he intertwined the sovereign citizen thing with some weird biblical stuff.  A birth certificate damned you to hell, our fates were sealed but we should reject being branded by the beast by refusing to name our children, have a birth certificate issued, or recognize a numerical birth date.  He had some other weird conflicting beliefs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Good point for any LEO's to use on these yahoos if you run across them. The "rules" they are trying to live by are actually temporary laws put into place while the Constitution was being drafted. They were then replaced by the Constitution. If these people want to go by these older temp laws then they have in effect shown the desire to renounce their citizenship.

Make them show their green cards or turn them over to ICE
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The poor police officer involved didn't know what to do once the driver decided not to cooperate. He also seemed rather unsure of himself on what the laws actually were in regards to producing a driver's license when requested.

For the record, I also don't know what those laws are, but it's not my job to know...

Considering the driver took the time to look up his scripted speech and talking points, the officer should have taken the time to look up the law in question so that he could show or read it to the driver. At that point, the officer could have been much more confident in his right to arrest the driver for refusing to provide a driver's license or proof of insurance, presuming that's what the law requires the driver to do.

In my opinion, none of those officers seemed to have any clue in how to proceed, which I'm guessing stemmed from them being uncertain of the actual law in question.

I have a real problem when anyone, especially an authority figure, falls back on the arguement of "You have to do this because I told you to." Either cite the law in question, which should also have some reference to the penalties for failure to do so, or take the time to look it up. Just saying "Because I said so!" repeatedly while the driver says "I don't have to!" repeatedly gets them both nowhere.

Just for the sake of argument, what if the driver was correct regarding the requirement (or lack thereof) to produce identification in his state? Now the department is looking at a lawsuit or a payout, just because the officer didn't want to look ignorant.

If you're not sure of the exact wording of the law or statute in question, take the time to look it up or call someone who can answer the question for you.

Just my opinion on the matter.
View Quote
The idea that the cop has to know the precise verbiage, statute number, and exact wording of each law he may enforce is ridiculous. Nobody knows all of the minutiae off the top of their head, including the attorneys and judges that deal with that shit. There's a large number of statutes I could quote damn near verbatim, but the one about producing a license certainly isn't one because 99 times out of 100 you already know the license is expired or the person will tell you they don't have one.

It's more likely the officer was unsure because of how rare it is someone acts as completely retarded as the subject. You know people like that are filming you, and you know people like that are actively trying to bait you into confrontations. Right now we have a "first amendment auditor" going around the state walking just outside the grounds of prisons with long guns and randomly insulting cops and COs to try and elicit a reaction. These people are rare, but the worst that happens to them is a trip to jail for some minor offense and a low bond. The cop can get fucked over for responding inappropriately or being baited.

Nobody is getting a payout over a "wrongful arrest" for not producing his license, and regardless, the cop could ans probably did arrest him for resisting / delaying / obstruction or whatever his local equivalent is. Plenty of people get arrested and immediately released when no probable cause is found at the magistrate. It happens. It rarely happens without something really stupid taking place to provoke it, but it does happen.

The idea that the cop would pull out his phone and look up the details over something so trivial as the exact peculiarities of producing a license- which the cop and the traveler KNEW he had to do upon request, and it was never in question- is absurd. It's not like the cop was requesting anything esoteric or unusual. He wasn't baffled over whether the law states the dumbass had to comply or not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My seatbelts are yellow.

Just FYI.
View Quote
Sigh.  You're doing it wrong dude.  First of all, it's gold, not yellow you need.  And second, the color of the actual belt is irrelevant.  It's the gold fringe that makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
On the way to pull this guy over for a chickens#it seat belt violation. This officer likely passed by a dead hooker in a ditch next to the local truck stop, two meth labs, 1500 illegal aliens working at the local meat packing plant, a cartel human trafficking ring and a city council member molesting a minor.

The juice is not worth the squeeze messing with these folks, we have much bigger problems to deal with nowdays. From what I can tell these folks just want to be left alone. Maybe the police should focus on serious problems like 30 million illegal aliens here violating every law under the sun and the out of control violence in every major inner city.  How about opening investigations on all these damn crooked politicians.
View Quote
Never crossed paths with a SC type then I guess.

They are the supreme shit lords of society when it comes to squatting, adverse possession, stupid assed lawsuits for all manner of crap.

These idiots inviting the man into their life is a good way of getting them on the radar so that maybe the rest of society will get some rest from having to put up with their shit.

Sovereign citizens are cockroaches.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top