Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
SC are a lot of things commonly:

Mentally ill- most of the time anyhow.  There are degrees ranging from flat out nuts to those it takes 5 minutes of conversation to figure out

Welfare leaches- yep, rail against the system, but take every dime offered, and lie to get more if possible...

Dangerous to LE (and judges quite frequently -lots of phone threats and mailed in threats as well).

Unpredictable (see above issues)

But most of all, if they are true believers, they are the most NAIVE and/or GULLIBLE people in this country.  Keep trying that same thing and it doesn't ever work, but they are sure they have a secret method to nullify the government.

At first I watched the video, and thought "wow that went south real fast".  But with the Deputy knowing this guys past behavior, and history of resisting arrest, I see no reason to screw around with him...

Some people are slow learners.  Soverign Citizens are the slowest learners though....  I have dealt with plenty of them, the made up paper license plates, the refusal to ID themselves, their threats against judges, cops, and anyone they deal with who doesn't agree with their tantrums.  The lawsuits for stupid reasons, the fake lawsuits, etc.  I believe they had to make a law called Simulation of Legal Process just to shut down some of the more frequent pretenders.

I guarantee that guy will try some new variation of SC doctrine the next time he deals with a court, because one of these days, he knows he will convince a judge or jury or his overwhelming legal abilities...
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And the sovereign citizen was still at the "huh, pardon?"stage of processing.  I don't think he expected it and I don't think he comprehended what had just occurred.  Yes, I know his comprehension isn't required to place him under arrest.

Tell me, what would have been so crazy about the officer telling the guy he was under arrest?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THE JUDGE JUST TOLD HIM HE WAS ISSUING ANNARREST WARRANT. HE FUCKING KNEW HE WAS UNDER ARREST.

this is embarrassing
And the sovereign citizen was still at the "huh, pardon?"stage of processing.  I don't think he expected it and I don't think he comprehended what had just occurred.  Yes, I know his comprehension isn't required to place him under arrest.

Tell me, what would have been so crazy about the officer telling the guy he was under arrest?
He fucking knew what was going on. It is all a game they play. Fucking con artists, shysters, schemers, and drifter scum bags. They're on par with the Roma, Gypsies, and Irish Travelers.

The "Huh, Pardom" moment is when he whips out some long half hour quasi bullshit jailhouse lawyer speak about Gold Fringe on the Flag and places an fraudulent lien on the stenographer's cat for $32,000 in gold doubloons.

They play fuck fuck games all the time. Fucker are Financial Scam Artists and are part of my bread and butter. They milk people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. They claim to never recognize the authority of the US Government but they sure as shit recognize the authority of the US Dollar.

Sweet Jesus, you of all people should know that me, as a cop I'm pretty fucking open about government abuses. But that wasn't abuse. That was all legit. The bailiff ain't there to explain to him shit. He isn't there to be with white gloves and say "Mr. Sovereign Citizen, Sir, please place your hands behind your back as I gently place these handcuffs on you. I have your consent to touch you correct?" Judge said he has a bench warrant. That is explanation enough.

Fuck Sovereign Citizens
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm sure this guy is a chronic pain in everyone's neck and a complete asshole.  But I still ask, why wouldn't you go through the formality of telling the guy you're placing him under arrest?

Honest question - isn't that sort of standard procedure?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I'm not talking about legality here.  For all I know, what that officer did was entirely legal.  But surely we all know that what is legal and what is right sometimes diverge.

If a guy isn't actively posing a threat, it just seems to me that in a free country the police have some obligation to inform a person that they are being placed under arrest before grabbing them.  Reasonable people can disagree I suppose.  But I find it disturbing that people would think such an idea is completely outlandish.
Look at Strasser's arrest history from a simple internet search.  He's no stranger to cops having to having to go hands on.  Since it happened in a court setting I would say the cops executed an order of "Habeas Grabus".
I'm sure this guy is a chronic pain in everyone's neck and a complete asshole.  But I still ask, why wouldn't you go through the formality of telling the guy you're placing him under arrest?

Honest question - isn't that sort of standard procedure?
Because the formality was the JUDGE FUCKING TOLD HIM.

When I arrest someone. I tell them "you're under arrest" once, that's it. I don't have to go into a long explanation on what the charges are or why. Hell, I present my cases to the State Attorney's Office and Judge for arrest warrants even though Inhave probable cause. Make it even easier. Why are the under arrest? Judge fucking said so.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Look, I'll grant you everything you just said about Duck Dynasty there.  But I still ask, why wouldn't you go through the formality of saying "I'm placing you under arrest" before putting your hands on him?

I've heard two inconsistent arguments here:

1.) The guy knew the score and knew that he was being arrested.

2.) Grabbing him straight away gave the officer the element of surprise and made the arrest easier, therefore not going through the formality of telling him he was under arrest was a tactical element.

Which is it?  They can't both be true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the sovereign citizen was still at the "huh, pardon?"stage of processing.  I don't think he expected it and I don't think he comprehend what had just occurred.  Yes, I know his comprehension isn't required to place him under arrest.

You're seriously highlighting your ignorance here. Sovereigns are not exactly reasonable people. That "pardon" stage you're referencing is not some sheer confusion, It's him attempting to conjure an additional argument  they do not accept an order. They twist, yell, argue, and demand. Further, the deputy appears familiar with the guy and seeing how he cites his knowledge of previously dealing with the sovereign while he was aggressive with court employees, gaining the advantage and handcuffing before attempting a conversation with a person that isn't going to go anywhere is the smart move.

This was also not the sovereigns first time going into handcuffs. He knew exactly what was going on.

Like i said, you're not even in the ball park of understanding when it comes to this incident.
Look, I'll grant you everything you just said about Duck Dynasty there.  But I still ask, why wouldn't you go through the formality of saying "I'm placing you under arrest" before putting your hands on him?

I've heard two inconsistent arguments here:

1.) The guy knew the score and knew that he was being arrested.

2.) Grabbing him straight away gave the officer the element of surprise and made the arrest easier, therefore not going through the formality of telling him he was under arrest was a tactical element.

Which is it?  They can't both be true.
Judge Said it.... problem fucking solved. Problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
wow, what a brilliant response. That explains everything.

That arrest was pure vindictiveness and "I am going to show you who the boss is". Further alienating the thinking people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the judge called his case the idiot said he wasn't the defendant. Therefore the defendant isn't present and failed to appear for court so the judge issued a bench warrant for him. The deputy knew who the guy was so he immediate arrested him on the warrant the judge issued merely seconds prior. It's beautiful.
what an astounding display of hypocrisy and libtard logic and court tyranny. If the guy wasn't the defendant, how could they arrest him there, proving he was present? If that wasn't him, why did they arrest _him_? So, which side of the equation is true?

Typical libtrard court logic, adding 2+2 and getting minus 10.

Idiocracy is an upgrade from where we are.

https://i.imgur.com/uYTvLq0.jpg
Appearing before the court isn't just simply being there.

That arrest was pure vindictiveness and "I am going to show you who the boss is". Further alienating the thinking people.
There is a formal procedure and process when appearing before the court. You much leave the gallery, approach the bench, state you name to properly identify yourself, etc, etc, etc....

As for the arrest.... LOL, you are soooo wrong on that one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thinking people already understand the situation.

Government and law is nothing but polite violence.  The Sovereign Citizens are goofy, because they attempt to emulate the same language, tone and demeanor to resist the government, as the government uses to justify it's use of force and application of violence.  They're goofy because they think it's about words and ideas, when in reality it's about force.

It's all gold fringes, admiralty courts, and petitions until the body slam.  The simple truth is one man can't resist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Government and law is nothing but polite violence.  The Sovereign Citizens are goofy, because they attempt to emulate the same language, tone and demeanor to resist the government, as the government uses to justify it's use of force and application of violence.  They're goofy because they think it's about words and ideas, when in reality it's about force.

It's all gold fringes, admiralty courts, and petitions until the body slam.  The simple truth is one man can't resist.
Sovereign Citizens are like fucking Cargo Cultists. They think if they emulate and repeat the fancy words of government and spout their own gibberish, they become government. They use it to scam and con their way in life.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The "Huh, Pardom" moment is when he whips out some long half hour quasi bullshit jailhouse lawyer speak about Gold Fringe on the Flag and places an fraudulent lien on the stenographer's cat for $32,000 in gold doubloons.

View Quote
Forgetting everything else in this thread, I just wanted to make sure this sentence got the credit it deserves.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
(Removed -40xb)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy created his own problems and got what he deserved.

There are very few freedom loving people here. Most of the people here are happy to see the heavy hand of government come down on the people.  I'm not even talking about the stupid auditors and PINAC guys. I'm talk about people who have been busted for NFA violations and ARFCOM cheers for government to fuck these people over.

So if you're looking for freedom loving this is not the place for you.
Since you feel this place is the heart of pro big government, feel free to leave so you aren't part of the big government conspiracy you believe this place is.
(Removed -40xb)
What about me? Am I someone that suppprts oppression and big government. Would I register every rifle I have if so ordered? Would I snitch on my neighbors?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
He said he wasn't there but he was!!

Great strategy!!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Forgetting everything else in this thread, I just wanted to make sure this sentence got the credit it deserves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is the truth too. They do a bunch of funky stupid shit like that. I had a case where a Sovereign Citizen would buy junked cars, create fraudulent Indian Reservation issued auto titles and registration with false plates, get online insurance, and file fraudulent claims for accidents milking the insurance companies. All while collecting welfare and living in Section 8 housing.

When we arrested him. He spouted the typical shit. Doesn't recognize the authority of the warrant because the court that issued it is a foreign court and enforces admiralty law. That he had sovereign immunity due to some bullshit about not being a corporate person. That he belonged to the "insert fake name here" tribe and as a tribal elder he wasn't a US Citizen, but was a representative of that nation. Threatened to place a financial lien against my property once he found out my corporate name. Etc, etc, etc....

They are truly a breed unto themselves.

They are con artists that scam the fuck out of everyone. That is partially why I have no respect for the Bundy clan out in Nevada and when they took over the wildlife refuge in Oregon. They're the same shit. They don't recognize the authority of the government but they sure leech off it via every damn social service they can get and 9 out ot 10 times they do it through fraudulent means.

Fucking shysters.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When I arrest someone. I tell them "you're under arrest" once, that's it. I don't have to go into a long explanation on what the charges are or why. Hell, I present my cases to the State Attorney's Office and Judge for arrest warrants even though Inhave probable cause. Make it even easier. Why are the under arrest? Judge fucking said so.
View Quote
Do you know what he was arrested for?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bench warrant for Failure to Appear. Simply being in the galleries isn't an appearance before the courts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A bench warrant for Failure to Appear. Simply being in the galleries isn't an appearance before the courts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh MY GOD!!!

All he had to say was "yes your Honor I am here" and walk up to the table and begin the hearing???

You have got to be fucking joking!!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It sure seems like if you were going to believe this sovereign citizen stuff you would want to see some evidence that it actually works.  Why don't any of these sovereign citizen guys have video where one of these tards goes to court and the judge says, "WELP CAN'T DO SHIT, FLAG'S ALL WRONG YOU'RE FREE TO GO BLAH BLAH I'M AN ADMIRAL NOW BLAH" and then the tard smiles at the camera and says free man on the land etc I have the cheat code, hooked on gold fringe worked for me!  
View Quote
If I was a judge set to retire, I would plan my last case for a SC and toss it out, saying I had no jurisdiction over a SC, and post the video to YouTube myself.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I was a judge set to retire, I would plan my last case for a SC and toss it out, saying I had no jurisdiction over a SC, and post the video to YouTube myself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sure seems like if you were going to believe this sovereign citizen stuff you would want to see some evidence that it actually works.  Why don't any of these sovereign citizen guys have video where one of these tards goes to court and the judge says, "WELP CAN'T DO SHIT, FLAG'S ALL WRONG YOU'RE FREE TO GO BLAH BLAH I'M AN ADMIRAL NOW BLAH" and then the tard smiles at the camera and says free man on the land etc I have the cheat code, hooked on gold fringe worked for me!  

What was this loon's "strategy" by saying he wasn't there but he really was there???

He thought that would avoid an arrest if the judge found him guilty of whatever the fuck he was there for......but his alter ego was the only one there to "discuss this matter"???

And, as a result, we all know you cannot arrest someone's "alter ego"???

I can't stop laughing...…
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What was this loon's "strategy" by saying he wasn't there but he really was there???

He thought that would avoid an arrest if the judge found him guilty of whatever the fuck he was there for......but his alter ego was the only one there to "discuss this matter"???

I can't stop laughing...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't stop laughing...
Typical Sovereign bullshit about being a free man of real property or some such and representing his corporate person being tried in the case since as a sovereign, he isn't a subject of the Corporation that claims to be the US Government or its Political Subdivisions.

The best way to describe it is they honestly believe they are immune from the authorities since they consider themselves to be separate as it this was a corporate business environment. They think they're self employed and that the government is another company. Since they're self employed, the other company can't tell them what to do. It's like you have your own machine shop and IBM comes in and says you're fired. They have no authority to do that. Same as when someone represents a business but legally speaking, a business and a person are two different things.

So his line of thought is that he is representing the "business entity" that is being tried and he's just the PR spokesman.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Typical Sovereign bullshit about being a free man of real property or some such and representing his corporate person being tried in the case since as a sovereign, he isn't a subject of the Corporation that claims to be the US Government or its Political Subdivisions.

The best way to describe it is they honestly believe they are immune from the authorities since they consider themselves to be separate as it this was a corporate business environment. They think they're self employed and that the government is another company. Since they're self employed, the other company can't tell them what to do. It's like you have your own machine shop and IBM comes in and says you're fired. They have no authority to do that. Same as when someone represents a business but legally speaking, a business and a person are two different things.

So his line of thought is that he is representing the "business entity" that is being tried and he's just the PR spokesman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't stop laughing...

Oh MY GOD!!!

So, if I am a SC......and I murder someone in cold blood, only my "corporation" can be arrested???

There HAS TO BE drugs or booze involved in this thought process!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I used to think that Sovereign Citizens were just nutjobs.

Then, I saw this video compilation and listened to the compelling arguments that the young lady in the first video clip levied.  I was completely wrong.  These people are pure genius, and clearly need to be in charge of writing judicial law.

Watch the first 5 1/2 minutes of this video and tell me that I'm wrong.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-yOopoJf8
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or did the deputy just attack a nonviolent person out of the blue?  That's fucked up.  
View Quote
It's just you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't think that was the defendant. It looked and sounded like Tommy Chong. I think a mistake was made.

#freetommychong
#wherescheech
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Sovereign Citizens Getting Owned Compilation
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't know how anyone can be a cop...…..I would last 3 seconds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I ended up settling it for $6 Billion. The joke was on him, though: I paid in worthless FRNs!
View Quote
Brilliant
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Silly, you should have declared yourself a sovereign citizen and paid him in your own currency draw up with crayon.

I would have paid him with an elevenity billion note and asked for change.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So it's kosher to attack anyone you intend to arrest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it just me, or did the deputy just attack a nonviolent person out of the blue?  That's fucked up.  
It's just you.
So what was his justification for attacking him?
He had a warrant out for his arrest for failure to appear.
So it's kosher to attack anyone you intend to arrest?
You keep using that word..
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Geezus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like the bailiff should have informed the sovereign citizen that he was placing him under arrest and to assume his preferred position for cuffing before he immediately went hands on.

But I know some here get a freedom boner from seeing agents of the state put criminals in their places so .... whatever.

Geezus
I love this place.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, I bet plenty of people with false liens against them by SCs thought it was a bit more than just "goofy" people doing it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
i dont understand the sovereign citizen thing. claiming it is like claiming you are a god. of course your not and dont have the powers of a god so arguing you are a god does you little good. but these folks claim their weird ideas anyway and end up suffering the results their idiocy.

so why do folks claim this weird idea? since it gets them nowhere but fucked.

are all such folks mentally deranged and believe they have special rights and powers that dont exist?
View Quote
I do know of one that spent about 9 months in a mental hospital. Came out still nuttier than a fruit cake but has learned not to play stupid games with the Judge.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#29]
If he's not a "person" the cops can't violate his rights
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In his mind he wasn’t lying. His corporate entity wasn’t present because he didn’t agree to joinder with the corporation that was the court.

Spend a little time looking into these nuts. It’s fascinating.
View Quote
Ya, I know. A friend thinks he a Einstein genus. Played that crap with a judge and ended up in jail. I tried every argument possible and he chose to listen to some nut ball who claimed to be the king if Hawaii. He got his stupid prize from the judge.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I have known and had the opportunity to work with about three or four.  The one spent the maximum amount of time in federal prison that one could possibly spend as a result of his idiotic beliefs. The thing was that he was otherwis a smart guy, (but apparently not that smart).   Different guy, I confronted one time about his direction to pay a fine or restitution.  I dont remember which it was,  he always carried a bible and said many times it was the ultimate codification of authority.  I asked him about the verse "render unto Cesar that which is Ceasers  and unto God that which is Gods" Mark 12:17. He said that wasn't in his bible.  

Most are not true believers, most are simply con--men  out for a buck.  The true believers on the other hand are nuts or damn close to the edge and potentially dangerous.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
(Removed -40xb)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are very few freedom loving people here. Most of the people here are happy to see the heavy hand of government come down on the people.  I'm not even talking about the stupid auditors and PINAC guys. I'm talk about people who have been busted for NFA violations and ARFCOM cheers for government to fuck these people over.

Since you feel this place is the heart of pro big government, feel free to leave so you aren't part of the big government conspiracy you believe this place is.
(Removed -40xb)
Since I offend you so much, feel free to leave.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have known and had the opportunity to work with about three or four.  The one spent the maximum amount of time in federal prison that one could possibly spend as a result of his idiotic beliefs. The thing was that he was otherwis a smart guy, (but apparently not that smart).   Different guy, I confronted one time about his direction to pay a fine or restitution.  I dont remember which it was,  he always carried a bible and said many times it was the ultimate codification of authority.  I asked him about the verse "render unto Cesar that which is Ceasers  and unto God that which is Gods" Mark 12:17. He said that wasn't in his bible.  

Most are not true believers, most are simply con--men  out for a buck.  The true believers on the other hand are nuts or damn close to the edge and potentially dangerous.
View Quote
Indeed the true believers are the dangerous ones.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
You’re free to leave.  You’re not being detained.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sovereign Citizens are like fucking Cargo Cultists. They think if they emulate and repeat the fancy words of government and spout their own gibberish, they become government. They use it to scam and con their way in life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's not be harsh,  cargo cults sometimes get flotsam.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As a result of sovereign bullshit some states have passed laws against junk liens making filing them a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The defendant will file a $500,000,000 lien against the judge and deputy payable only in gold coin.

I’m not even kidding.
I’ve had an SC try to file false liens against me before.  Try to “fine” me in gold coin and a bunch of other bullshit.

They are all fucking retarded and need to me eliminated from society.  Just my personal opinion
As a result of sovereign bullshit some states have passed laws against junk liens making filing them a felony.
Shawn Rice, a SC, and self proclaimed Rabbi, lived in Seligman until he was arrested for not reporting to prison after sentence.
You can google him with Shawn Rice Seligman.

Long before that, I cited and released some woman, and at her pre-trial hearing, he shows up, representing her with a pile of worthless SC paper.

Two thing occurred:

The County Attorney and I wouldn't proceed until she got a real lawyer, which the CA later arranged with the public defender's office, and,,,
I told Rice that he was not an attorney, nor licensed to practice law in AZ, and was not a certified document preparer in AZ, and if he, and if he did either again, I'd charge him with all the felonies that applied.

Never heard from him again until he was arrested for the money laundering scheme he was eventually put into club fed for.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#37]
It appeared to me that the man in the beard created Joinder.  Just kidding, this thread delivers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The bailiff does not have to tell him he's under arrest before placing him in handcuffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just you.
So what was his justification for attacking him?
As of that moment he had an arrest warrant. The deputy didn’t attack him. He moved to place him under arrest and the suspect resisted.
"Huh what?" is resisting?
Pulling away from an officer attempting to take you into custody. Where did you get your jail house law degree?
Of course I have no law degree.  Do you?

So you're saying that the bailiff has no duty to inform the guy that he's placing him under arrest?  You're fine with a law officer just grabbing him without speaking a word?

I have no idea if what the bailiff did was legal or not, and have made no comment on the legality.  But it's not how law enforcement should function in a free country.

If the guy was posing some threat then sure, do what you've got to do.  But there would seem to be a moral (if not legal) obligation to give a suspect that has so far not posed a threat at least the opportunity to comply with an arrest.  This suspect (idiot though he may be) wasn't given that opportunity.
The bailiff does not have to tell him he's under arrest before placing him in handcuffs.
he doesn't even have to tell him what he is under arrest for, at that moment.
He can tell him later.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am AMAZED at how often I see marked patrol cars in fast food and Dunkin Donuts and going through drive through
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Posted By 40xb:

I prepare my own food for work.
I am AMAZED at how often I see marked patrol cars in fast food and Dunkin Donuts and going through drive through
They think, 'if I go through drive thru, they won't know I'm a Cop until I get to the window, and my food will be safe'.
I stopped warning them a long time ago; They can find out for themselves the hard way, and I will laugh at them.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#43]
You guys sure are shocked by the sight of violence as a means of conflict resolution.  By applying only the necessary force to enact an arrest, that deputy saved his county a bucket of money and the SC a ton of pain and suffering.  When the Judge says "arrest him" you darn well do it.  And you do it like you mean business.  We've all seen video of officers who are all touchy feely and trying to avoid any discomfort and how they wind up getting their asses handed back to them.

When someone is taken into custody and doesn't carry on like a lunatic they don't get pig piled like that guy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Seems a little excessive on the cops/courts part, these reactions actually seem to just market these types.

Also odd, if you think the system doesn’t apply to you, why are you even in the court in the first place?

How do?
View Quote
Right, you either go full Sovereign Citizen and don't show up, or become a Citizen AND show up. There is no middle ground here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's just it. The court nor the cop look bad to the people who are actually using logic, critical thinking, and have a basic understanding of the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a finding of contempt would be cleaner, but either way he was asking to get his pee pee smacked.
Contempt of court would have solved this and not made the Court or the cop look bad.
That's just it. The court nor the cop look bad to the people who are actually using logic, critical thinking, and have a basic understanding of the law.
All this whining about how unfair it was or how the bailiff should have talked to him, or, whatever, sounds just like the convoluted nonsense Michael Browns momma was coming up with when he got shot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He fucking knew what was going on. It is all a game they play. Fucking con artists, shysters, schemers, and drifter scum bags. They're on par with the Roma, Gypsies, and Irish Travelers.

They play fuck fuck games all the time. Fucker are Financial Scam Artists and are part of my bread and butter. They milk people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. They claim to never recognize the authority of the US Government but they sure as shit recognize the authority of the US Dollar.

Sweet Jesus, you of all people should know that me, as a cop I'm pretty fucking open about government abuses. But that wasn't abuse. That was all legit. The bailiff ain't there to explain to him shit. He isn't there to be with white gloves and say "Mr. Sovereign Citizen, Sir, please place your hands behind your back as I gently place these handcuffs on you. I have your consent to touch you correct?" Judge said he has a bench warrant. That is explanation enough.

Fuck Sovereign Citizens
View Quote

I need to find a way to incorporate the word doubloon more into my vocabulary
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#47]
As a young attorney in the mid-90’s, my law firm thought I’d be the perfect candidate to handle a breach of contract case against a SC. I’ll say this about this particular individual, while he was nuttier than a fruitcake (more on that in just a sec), he made me, my client and the judge work overtime responding to the myriad of non-sensical briefs, motions and discovery requests that he filed. He also threatened my managing partner’s wife and kids during a particularly antagonistic court hearing.

To add to this SC’s nutty persona, he was also in the middle of transitioning from a man to a woman throughout both the trial court proceedings and the subsequent sham appellate court filings he engaged in.

I began to rethink my career choice at that point. I still do, really, but my skill set is pretty limited nowadays.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
As a young attorney in the mid-90’s, my law firm thought I’d be the perfect candidate to handle a breach of contract case against a SC. I’ll say this about this particular individual, while he was nuttier than a fruitcake (more on that in just a sec), he made me, my client and the judge work overtime responding to the myriad of non-sensical briefs, motions and discovery requests that he filed. He also threatened my managing partner’s wife and kids during a particularly antagonistic court hearing.

To add to this SC’s nutty persona, he was also in the middle of transitioning from a man to a woman throughout both the trial court proceedings and the subsequent sham appellate court filings he engaged in.

I began to rethink my career choice at that point. I still do, really, but my skill set is pretty limited nowadays.
View Quote
Yup, whether a cop dealing with them on the road or judges/attorneys dealing with them in court, the common practice they follow is to barrage the other side with so much non sense that they hope the cop or court will just drop the issue and decide the juice is not worth the squeeze.  From what we are being told the judges here often get 70 plus pages for a single motion and that after a cursory review dismiss the motion due to it containing no argument with applicable legal standing under the law.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I love how the judge said warrant and the bailif went into action like he already knew what was up. I bet there is a lot of prior history of that nut case.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#50]
[pothead deadbeat]  I am not me !

I do not recognize your state and federal govt !

you rules and laws do not apply to me !

GIVE ME MY FUCKING WELLFARE CHECK NOW !!!

———

we should deport them
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top