Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting and informative video, but dang, that dude's voice is annoying. He sounds like he's hollering at you from across the room.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same as Champion clothing.
View Quote

Had a pair of their grey sweatpants. Comfy. Would buy again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL they must have done a great job because I always thought people considered Stanley a poor people brand because it was mainly sold at Walmart.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smart, effective marketing to rubes who think owning a cup makes them special.
LOL they must have done a great job because I always thought people considered Stanley a poor people brand because it was mainly sold at Walmart.

Old ''made in the US'' Stanley was some seriously quality stuff, new chinee stuff is overpriced rancid shit.

No comparison between the two except in the minds of the weak and feeble minded.

Been carrying my +30 year old made in the US Stanley thermos to work at a utility in the field for decades, beat, patina'd [sp] dented, and still keeps whatever in it hot as heck and doesn't leak. Had a customer give me a new one, chinee, 1/2 the weight, feels like paper, doesn't work for shit compared to the old one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The insulation works well and it is made of materials that should last a long time. Why do people pay a lot for Nalgene bottles?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
No where near big enough.  Need at least 20 oz.  I have three identical "Thermos" cups.  In rotation.  For the last 6 years. 24oz.  If I come to work without one the guys think I am sick or something.  Never without it.   Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Can someone find and post the X post from a few months ago about the woman showing her burned up car with her Stanley still having ice in it after 24 hours? The president of Stanley gave her a new car because of her post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The girls have one, and I have one too (picked one up for the ol’ lady and I for a trip). Nothing uber fancy but not junk either. I can afford it and it keeps shit cold overnight. Like it better than any yeti/ ozark trail I’ve had. Ymmv

For coffee, my Thermos mug/ tumbler is the shit
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can someone find and post the X post from a few months ago about the woman showing her burned up car with her Stanley still having ice in it after 24 hours? The president of Stanley gave her a new car because of her post.
View Quote

notice how the straw on the cup seemed to not melt? Strange, eh?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI again
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Women like them. $40 ain’t bad if it makes woman happy. The end.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think a non China insulated stainless tumbler exists. I thought maybe Snow Peak but even theirs says "designed in Japan" with no country of origin.

ETA: Found these, made in USA. Seems to be a new company.

https://burnoutmugs.com/
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]
To answer your question though, it's a chick thing.Women are incredibly vain, incredibly self conscious, and believe they have to have everything the other girls have in order to maintain their position in the "herd". This makes them very susceptible to advertising and trends.

When I was a car salesman, the easiest way to get a woman of any age or any income level, or any family situation, married or single, kids or no,  to buy a car, was to get them to test drive the car to a mall or shopping center where the stores have large reflective windows. Point out to them how they better watch out, because they're going to have to beat the guys away with sticks when they buy that car. From  18 to 80, they will all smile and in their mind, they own that car. They will buy that car every time. 90% of the time they're more interested in how they look in the car, than they are about how the car looks, or even most aspects of the car as long as it meets basic requirements that fits their lifestyle.

All you need to do to sell a product to a woman is tell them how it makes them look good, or makes them look wealthy, of course in a subtle way. Take a look at your wife's, sister's, daughter's, or mother's makeup, lotions, jewelry, shoes and clothes etc, and see how much money they spend on it. A full half of their paychecks go into that appearance related stuff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Wife told me it started as the “cheer mom” thing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To answer your question though, it's a chick thing.Women are incredibly vain, incredibly self conscious, and believe they have to have everything the other girls have in order to maintain their position in the "herd". This makes them very susceptible to advertising and trends.

When I was a car salesman, the easiest way to get a woman of any age or any income level, or any family situation, married or single, kids or no,  to buy a car, was to get them to test drive the car to a mall or shopping center where the stores have large reflective windows. Point out to them how they better watch out, because they're going to have to beat the guys away with sticks when they buy that car. From  18 to 80, they will all smile and in their mind, they own that car. They will buy that car every time. 90% of the time they're more interested in how they look in the car, than they are about how the car looks, or even most aspects of the car as long as it meets basic requirements that fits their lifestyle.

All you need to do to sell a product to a woman is tell them how it makes them look good, or makes them look wealthy, of course in a subtle way. Take a look at your wife's, sister's, daughter's, or mother's makeup, lotions, jewelry, shoes and clothes etc, and see how much money they spend on it. A full half of their paychecks go into that appearance related stuff.
View Quote

Been that way forever.

It's why, when you look at rates of savings, especially for retirement, men do far better as an average. It's also why politicians configured laws to take from men and give to women when it comes to retirement investments.

For every man that works hard to save for retirement at a young age, marriage is the worst thing you can ever do financially. Once mingled, you're fooked royally. The courts made sure of it. Have a pension? Get married 2 years before you retire and start drawing it? Yep, she has to sign off on it for you to get the single payout, it's automatically going to drop to the ''two people'' payout even though she wasn't around the previous 35 years or so. If she refuses to sign off, sorry bud, you're screwed.

Every time I figure mine out, even though I change it to single payout, no spouse, it will automatically change it back to a spouse coverage/payout the next time even though I don't change anything in my benefits noting my marital status has changed and it's my account and only I can make changes in it. At $600 a month drop, I always catch myself going "WTF" when I see it, then I have to go back into dependents and change it back to single, not married, no spouse.

[hey gays, you're f'ed too now, HAHAHAHAHAHA! Don't believe the grass is greener on the other side, it's covering a septic tank................]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Bud Light - Pay Attention. This is what effective marketing is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Stanley makes an insulated stein mug with stainless lid, holds about 24oz and is perfect when I’m using my backpack leaf blower. Its actually the primary purpose I even bought it drinking beer and leaf blowing always ended with leaf bits and dirty in my beer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Ah yes, the GD dog pile.

I’ve got one I got last summer, a 40oz in basic black.

Here’s how I roll with it-

Keep it in the freezer.

Remove from freezer.

Dump in a shot of Bacardi Limon.

Squeeze in a bit of fresh lime.

Dump in three ice cold Landshark lagers.

Sip away.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#19]

ethically
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I thought this started the firestorm to buy .

Stanley tumbler goes viral for surviving car fire with ice still inside

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sure have. Whether you roll your eyes at the whole thing or not, you’ve got to respect the way they’ve marketed it.

There’s a girl whose car caught on fire and her Stanley survived with ice still inside. Whether you believe that whole situation is real or fabricated, it worked as a marketing opportunity. Stanley bought her a new car, I believe.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have an old Stanley thermos. Are those in demand now?
View Quote

No, but you’re now one of the cool kids.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To be fair, a lot of these products and trends that go massively viral are just purely random.

It often just starts organically and spreads like a wild fire.

A representative from the brand shared with us that in 2022 there was a 275% increase in sales of the Quencher year over year, and U.S. sales of all sizes of the tumbler were up 751% in the year to date.

"Our 40oz Quencher is an internet phenomenon!" Reilly told Shop TODAY via email. "It became wildly popular initially by word of mouth, and now trends on social organically, with people posting about their favorite hydration accessory. Influencers and our affiliates certainly play a part in Quencher success as well."

It was only after the Quencher's started becoming popular that Stanley jumped on the trend and started offering limited color runs or collaborations with stores for exclusive products (like Target and Starbucks). Basically used the Nike model when they offer a specific sneaker color/style to be sold on one day only. The long lines and exclusivity create the hype.

Then of course the resellers/flippers got involved. So if you wanted that mint green Stanley cup that was only offered 6 months ago, you now have to buy one on the secondary market and spend hundreds.

Example...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296161533965

It's almost impossible for manufacturers to create this, it usually just happens randomly and with a quick shelf life. Stanley is doing a good job of capitalizing on the trend when the iron is still hot.

Similar thing happened with brands like Carhartt, Vans, Dickies, Champion, and many others. They were popular brands but Tik Tok and social media turned them into an entire new beast and all of a sudden you had 16 year old girls obsessing over a sold-out Carhartt beenie knit hat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no, an American company having a successful year.

Made by tiny Chinese hands.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/9B09DE7E-7332-40B0-8B65-9EAD90B8D74B-3095239.jpg

Yeah, Stanley hasn’t been made in the US in probably decades. Same with most all of them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Stanley quenchers are so fetch
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop trying to make fetch happen
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Like a middle aged white male and their pellet smokers or jeep wrangler "mods"
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fetch isn't gonna happen Gretchen!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In my experience, my Contigo mugs are way better at keeping coffee hot for longer than any yeti I have tried.

I have filled a Contigo mug at 7am and not opened it until noon at work and the coffee is still steaming. When I did the same with a mag lid yeti, the coffee was lukewarm at best.
View Quote
I left my Contigo outside when it was -40 for a couple hours, and the coffee was still warm. Not steaming hot, but definitely warm.

I need to replace it though, I guess I've dropped it a couple times since then and it's just sort of ok now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Free insulated cups and mugs are the best. Haven't paid for one in a couple of decades.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No where near big enough.  Need at least 20 oz.  I have three identical "Thermos" cups.  In rotation.  For the last 6 years. 24oz.  If I come to work without one the guys think I am sick or something.  Never without it.   https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525471/everyday_mug_jpg-3095250.JPG
View Quote
Yes!

That's my go to mug, big enough to get through the morning, the handle is perfect for hooking on equipment without cup holders and if you preheat the mug, coffee will stay warm for several hours. I keep a couple for spares because if I forget it or misplace it everyone on the job site is going to have a bad day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#32]
They can't make enough profit at 45 fucking dollars to make them in America?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#33]
There's a group of third grade girls at my kid's elementary school who each have one and carry it everywhere.

Thankfully my daughter isn't one of them, because she would be told she can pick between Target or Walmart brand.

Admittedly, I'm drinking out of a Buccees cup.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I have two and they are a huge improvement over my two Hydro-Flasks, both in keeping things cold and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#35]
It’s a girl thing. My 20 something daughter has been collecting insulated cups for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have RTIC and Yeti.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has a cabinet full of Yeti/Ozark Trail, Hydro Flask and now Stanley cups and associated lids and straws.
I have RTIC and Yeti.

Ozark and RTIC.

The Ozark does the best job of keeping coffee hot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No where near big enough.  Need at least 20 oz.  I have three identical "Thermos" cups.  In rotation.  For the last 6 years. 24oz.  If I come to work without one the guys think I am sick or something.  Never without it.   https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525471/everyday_mug_jpg-3095250.JPG
View Quote
My Stanley Quenchers are 20 oz and 30 oz, and they also come in 40 oz and 64 oz sizes.

Having said that, I wouldn't use my Stanley's for hot drinks.  There is no way to severely limit the flow to help keep from getting scalded.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a Stanely

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Encino is so bitchin

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Dump in a shot of Bacardi Limon.

Squeeze in a bit of fresh lime.

Dump in three ice cold Landshark lagers.

Sip away.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Gonna have to try this!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife thinks it’s retarded.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In my experience, my Contigo mugs are way better at keeping coffee hot for longer than any yeti I have tried.

I have filled a Contigo mug at 7am and not opened it until noon at work and the coffee is still steaming. When I did the same with a mag lid yeti, the coffee was lukewarm at best.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Mrs Tangotag wanted a Stanley on her Xmas list color matched to her 4-Runner.
She gets what she wants since she’s very tolerant of all my shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

That’s so tripindicular.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Latest fad.

Started with the reusable cup trend.

That made tumblers fashionable. Adult sippy cups.

Reusable trend spread to water bottles

That made thermos bottles fashionable again.

Now it’s all marketing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone want to guess how much $$$ is in that picture?

A lot of the limited edition versions will fetch $300+

https://i.imgur.com/tqbGJ79.jpg
View Quote

I got a yeti coffee mug, and wanted a very particular color.

Yellow, so I could find the damned thing when I leave it random places.  Fender of my tractor this morning.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Can confirm what others said. My boss (middle aged white woman) got one because her tween daughter insisted.

Quoted:
Women like them. $40 ain’t bad if it makes woman happy. The end.
View Quote

You think women can be made happy?!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stainless Yeti coffee mugs I have with the magnetic lids keep coffee hot the longest of anything ive ever had . The yeti thermos I bought is shit . Im waiting for the Aerogel mugs to hit the scene , shouldn’t be much longer now .

Granted my contigo is well abused, but recent years the lid has been hard to open, and it's got that many more moving pieces.  My yeti holds the heat better, seals just the same, and cleans easier.

Guess I'll know in a decade if the yeti holds up better than my contigo.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top