[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-tv-show-nick-nolte-cast/

Nick Nolte cast in the new show.   Casts as what or who we don't know yet.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-tv-show-showrunner-americans/

This news has piped my interest.
View Quote
Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
I suppose it’s possible, especially with Filoni’s involvement in the project.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I suppose it’s possible, especially with Filoni’s involvement in the project.
View Quote
Likely just an Easter egg.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Likely just an Easter egg.
View Quote
Honestly, this is probably true. I think Sabine’s and Ahsoka’s story will continue with their own show on Disney’s streaming service.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#8]
What do y’all think?

When Exactly Did Ahsoka Stop Being A Jedi? Star Wars Speculation
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
DAVE FILONI: Anakin, Attachments and The Path To The Dark Side
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The novelization for Episode III explained Anakin’s issue with attachments pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The novelization for Episode III explained Anakin’s issue with attachments pretty well.
View Quote
I haven’t read it. Is it worth a read?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I haven’t read it. Is it worth a read?
View Quote
Other than the original Thrawn Trilogy, it’s the best Star Wars novel. (IMO, of course)

If the movie was half as good, no one would dog the prequels.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Other than the original Thrawn Trilogy, it’s the best Star Wars novel. (IMO, of course)

If the movie was half as good, no one would dog the prequels.
View Quote
Hmm. May be worth it to check it out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought TCW did a good job showing Anakins weakness with attachments.
Luminara Unduli even mentioned about letting his Padawan go and morn
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, TCW Anakin was best Anakin. It was a character you really believed could turn into Darth Vader someday.

The fact that GL was so involved with TCW makes me wonder if he was implicitly recreating the character by going in such a different direction of TCW version of Anakin. His characterization on the show was so much different than that of the films, and I wonder if GL regretted the direction he went with the movies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, TCW Anakin was best Anakin. It was a character you really believed could turn into Darth Vader someday.

The fact that GL was so involved with TCW makes me wonder if he was implicitly recreating the character by going in such a different direction of TCW version of Anakin. His characterization on the show was so much different than that of the films, and I wonder if GL regretted the direction he went with the movies.
View Quote
I never thought of the GL angle. You may be right. It definitely makes since.
TCW Anakin you could see him flirting with the darkside but at the same time, it was kinda easy to see why he fell to it but it was also tragic when you think about all the battles, friendships and things he did and to later become Vader.

Which is why I also disagree with & GL when they talked about the episode in which Ashoka finally learns who Vader is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, TCW Anakin was the best Anakin.  His characterization was very similar in the Epi 3 novel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I never thought of the GL angle. You may be right. It definitely makes since.
TCW Anakin you could see him flirting with the darkside but at the same time, it was kinda easy to see why he fell to it but it was also tragic when you think about all the battles, friendships and things he did and to later become Vader.

Which is why I also disagree with & GL when they talked about the episode in which Ashoka finally learns who Vader is.
View Quote
Wait, who do you disagree with?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wait, who do you disagree with?
View Quote
Opps Filoni got side tracked when I was typing. If I remember correctly they were saying that that scene  Vader didn't have a struggle with Anakin coming out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Opps Filoni got side tracked when I was typing. If I remember correctly they were saying that that scene  Vader didn't have a struggle with Anakin coming out.
View Quote
What is it about that that you disagree with?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What is it about that that you disagree with?
View Quote
They said it wasn't a glimpse of Vader being Anakin again when he said Ashoka...
I think it was...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I agree with that too. Vader had no affection towards Ashoka at all, but Anakin did. That’s kind of a weird statement on their parts.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#25]
A Very Clone Wars Christmas
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Click To View Spoiler

Article about a confirmed character in The Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
IG-88 is a fan favorite? In what universe?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rally the Bounty Hunters | Robot Chicken | Adult Swim

Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

MC Chris - IG-88 (music video)

Why you gotta player hate on IG-88?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#32]
The last part of the article I wish would come to fruition.   If your not going to give the fans what they want in the movies, do it a cartoon style movie like DC does.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fighting IG-88 in Shadows of the Empire was the scariest Boss Fight of my Childhood. I know I've heard similar statements by people online.

I really hope they try and capture the dread caused by hearing that mechanical prick chase you around a garbage pit on Ord Mantell.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The last part of the article I wish would come to fruition.   If your not going to give the fans what they want in the movies, do it a cartoon style movie like DC does.
View Quote
I think it would be better cartoon style also they could use the same voice actor

DC movies stink IMO but their cartoon movies are awesome...it's crazy
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think it would be better cartoon style also they could use the same voice actor

View Quote
I just don’t see Ahsoka ever making it to the big screen. But as you’ve said, Ashley Eckstein can still voice her that way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting rumor about a certain former Padawan making a post-Order 66 appearance:

Jedi: Fallen Order Rumor + Crossover Speculation - Star Wars
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just don’t see Ahsoka ever making it to the big screen. But as you’ve said, Ashley Eckstein can still voice her that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not? She first appeared on the big screen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
First, SW species with lekku have always looked weird in live action. Second, Dave Filoni will not let anyone touch his favorite character, unless he makes a transition to the big screen (doubtful, given how busy he’s been). Third, Ahsoka would cause confusion for most of the viewers who aren’t familiar with her appearance in TCW, let alone her Gandalf the White garb.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
First, SW species with lekku have always looked weird in live action. Second, Dave Filoni will not let anyone touch his favorite character, unless he makes a transition to the big screen (doubtful, given how busy he’s been). Third, Ahsoka would cause confusion for most of the viewers who aren’t familiar with her appearance in TCW, let alone her Gandalf the White garb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was only thinking of her animated version, yeah she might not work live action. You make some very good points.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I would be shocked to see her on the big screen also but I'm fine with straight to bluray animation movie about her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah I would be shocked to see her on the big screen also but I'm fine with straight to bluray animation movie about her.
View Quote
I think this is more likely, especially if it makes an appearance on the Disney streaming service. Whatever she’s become at the end of Rebels is too intriguing to just let go of without getting a story about it. Once TCW ends its final season, I think Filoni could be freed to finish her story.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think this is more likely, especially if it makes an appearance on the Disney streaming service. Whatever she’s become at the end of Rebels is too intriguing to just let go of without getting a story about it. Once TCW ends its final season, I think Filoni could be freed to finish her story.
View Quote
He needs to finish her story. One of the best characters in SW
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He needs to finish her story. One of the best characters in SW
View Quote
Easily. His tweet over the holidays was also intriguing:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1077613666164326401?s=20
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#44]
He's a tease hahah
Writers should take note on character development from him and look at Ahsoka journey
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He's a tease hahah
Writers should take note on character development from him and look at Ahsoka journey
View Quote
Methinks that we are getting something with Ahsoka in it, probably much later on than the end of Rebels. The lekku on Togrutas grow longer as they age, and the ones on Ahsoka in that drawing are HUGE. It could be decades after those events.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s a long video, but this does a very good job of explaining why KK is still at LF:

Star Wars: Why Kathleen Kennedy couldn’t be fired in 2018
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#47]
It’s now confirmed that TCW Season 7 and The Mandolorian will be premiering in 2019.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It’s now confirmed that TCW Season 7 and The Mandolorian will be premiering in 2019.
View Quote
Yeah, but when will Disney's Streaming service be available? It's still saying "Late 2019".
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, but when will Disney's Streaming service be available? It's still saying "Late 2019".
View Quote
Well, it’s prolly gonna be late 2019. I bet one show will premiere on the service in September or October, the next the month afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#50]
This is outrageous! It’s unfair!

Disney Officially Claims Anakin''s Lightsaber is Now Rey''s - Star Wars Explained
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top