Site Notices
Page / 214
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In current Cannon, his heritage is unknown and he is disavowed as being an actual Mandalorian, that and his armor is durasteel.

The whole thing is fricken mess.
View Quote

I was just explaining this to the wife.  His armor was not beskar and Din should have recognized that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was just explaining this to the wife.  His armor was not beskar and Din should have recognized that.
View Quote

It's not that it's besker, but that he was impersonating a Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STOLEN VALOR! STOLEN VALOR!!!

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m just glad they didn’t do something lame like having the Marshal “earn” the right to wear it by saving Din or baby yoda or something. Nope, a deal’s a deal and he paid up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome stuff.  Boba lives bitches.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Awesome stuff.  Boba lives bitches.
View Quote

Most likely Boba, but could be Rex or another clone, they all share the same face.

We know Rex and Ashoka both appear in this season.
Rex was fatter and had a beard during Rebels.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most likely Boba, but could be Rex or another clone, they all share the same face.

View Quote

But the clones aged twice as fast. Rex would be very old at this point. If you think about it it's not even possible. If Obi was 35 in the prequels and 70 in ANH then the clones would be 70 years aged plus the time after Obi died and they were already ready for shipment when he found them in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
For anyone that hasn't seen this yet, let's get over 17,000 boys, I want that damn Jawa!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But the clones aged twice as fast. Rex would be very old at this point. If you think about it it's not even possible. If Obi was 35 in the prequels and 70 in ANH then the clones would be 70 years aged plus the time after Obi died and they were already ready for shipment when he found them in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. Rex was retconned into ROTJ as the bald, white bearded commando on Endor. Boba should appear much younger as he is an unaltered clone of Jango with no accelerated aging programmed into him.

It could be Rex or another clone. But it’s not. It’s Boba. How is this even a question?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obi-Wan was 57 when he died.

Boba one of the first clones is 37 in this episode.

The clones age twice as fast as normal so Rex would physically be 74ish as of this episode.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Season 2 art also shows Rex with Ashoka.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The clones age twice as fast as normal so Rex would physically be 74ish as of this episode.

View Quote

Clarification:  Boba is an unaltered clone and ages normally.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rex was mentally 36 years old at the Battle of Endor. Physically he was 72 years old at the Battle of Endor.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Correct. Rex was retconned into ROTJ as the bald, white bearded commando on Endor. Boba should appear much younger as he is an unaltered clone of Jango with no accelerated aging programmed into him.

It could be Rex or another clone. But it’s not. It’s Boba. How is this even a question?
View Quote

I'm not saying that's rex, I think it's boba. Just saying that rex would be an old ass man. Others have posted the correct math on the age of rex.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To me, the "clone" at the end of the episode looks scarred. Not old. I mean he does look old but not as old as Rex or Gregor would be. He looks scarred like he was in the belly of a beast being slowly digested for a few years.

I've been saying since I was a kid that Fett escaped.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rex was mentally 36 years old at the Battle of Endor. Physically he was 72 years old at the Battle of Endor.
View Quote

So this is 10 years past endor right? Rex would be 92. I'm thinking he's the lynch pin connection between baby yoda and where he needs to be.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally catching up. Episode was good and left you wanting more. Looking forward to more lore .
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In Legends, Jango is about a Mandalorian as one could be, having been adopted and raised.

In current Cannon, his heritage is unknown and he is disavowed as being an actual Mandalorian, that and his armor is durasteel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% agree. Boba and Jango were Mandalorian. I don't give a damn what Lucas said. The state of being Mandokarla is embraced by both of them. It's a creed for sure. The Nulls, Republic Commandos, and even foundlings like Din Djarin all showed this.

but have we seen anything indicating that Fett followed any Mandalorian creed? I've been conditioned since ESB and the books from that time that Fett killed a Mandalorian and took the armor as a trophy

In Legends, Jango is about a Mandalorian as one could be, having been adopted and raised.

Sorry, I was talking about Boba, not Jango
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So this is 10 years past endor right? Rex would be 92. I'm thinking he's the lynch pin connection between baby yoda and where he needs to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it would make sense for it to be Rex because he knew Yoda and Yaddle and had extensive contact with Jedi and Force sensitive beings.

But I'm hoping it's Boba Fett.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's the guy at the end? How do you guys remember all this?
View All Quotes

Yes, Clone Commander 7567 Nik "Rex" Sant at the end of ROTJ.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes

That’s not the guy at the end of the episode. That’s Captain Rex of the Grand Army of the Republic. He’s in Clone wars, Rebels, and retconned into ROTJ (which I have zero problem with).
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not saying that's rex, I think it's boba. Just saying that rex would be an old ass man. Others have posted the correct math on the age of rex.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn’t saying you were saying that. Other people were suggesting it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not the guy at the end of the episode,that is Capt Rex Clone Trooper (Anakin's second in command during the clone Wars) he and Boba are brothers (both clones of Jango Fett) but Boba ages normally the troopers age twice as fast so Rex would be in his 70's physically, Boba in his late 30's.

43 years of reading all the books, comics, movies, tv shows, Wookieepedia ect.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Awesome episode. I’m just confused about the cave; they said that it was a former sarlaac pit but it is horizontal and not vertical. Doesn't make sense to me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Awesome episode. I’m just confused about the cave; they said that it was a former sarlaac pit but it is horizontal and not vertical. Doesn't make sense to me.
View Quote

The Sarlaac was a very large creature and had arms that stretched out under the ground.

The cave could have been where an arm was.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Loved it but could have done without the sound of spurs when the sheriff walked into the bar
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#32]
That's a sound from Fett's armor. The spurs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

They said it ends at a former sarlaac pit, as in, the krayt ate the sarlaac.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The dragon looked awesome.

Only question. Why wasn't Mando dissolved instantly when he went inside? Different gland I suppose.
View Quote

Beskar steel.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's not the guy at the end of the episode,that is Capt Rex Clone Trooper (Anakin's second in command during the clone Wars) he and Boba are brothers (both clones of Jango Fett) but Boba ages normally the troopers age twice as fast so Rex would be in his 70's physically, Boba in his late 30's.

43 years of reading all the books, comics, movies, tv shows, Wookieepedia ect.
View Quote

Rex would have been 72 during the Battle of Endor. If it's him in the show, he'd be about 90 in clone years
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#36]
They clearly got an fx budget increase. I loved that they still used many practical effects though. Even with the best cgi, you can tell real props/muppets/creatures from the computer stuff.

I also much love the TIME INCREASE! There is actually time for a story to develope, characters to be established, and a story told!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They clearly got an fx budget increase. I loved that they still used many practical effects though. Even with the best cgi, you can tell real props/muppets/creatures from the computer stuff.

I also much love the TIME INCREASE! There is actually time for a story to develope, characters to be established, and a story told!!!
View Quote

the only thing that bothered me was how slow the blaster bolts traveled. i don't think they were like that in S01
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I went ahead and got a year subscription.

Damn good episode.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My guess is that’s Bobba Fett. Crawled out of the Sarlacc, probably saved by Jawas in exchange for his armor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My guess is that’s Bobba Fett. Crawled out of the Sarlacc, probably saved by Jawas in exchange for his armor?

Yeah. Lore has it Boba Fett’s beskar armor protected him from the Sarlac.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#40]
So, you guys think that dude at the end is either Boba or Rex?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Are those loth-wolves they're riding?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m guessing Boba, because his armor is involved in the story.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Damn good episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Looks like the sin stun setting on this rifle
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just assumed he was dead.  

But I guess that would explain the dude at the end.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Damn good episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

One in the pink, 2 in the stink...
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I think it’s been widely accepted Fett survived. His armor had to come out of the sarlac and the lore is written that Fett blasted and cut his way out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to a poster from the last page it’s Boba because it’s the same actor that played Jango. Ya ya I know Rex is a clone of Jangos but he was never seen in anything Disney live action so I’ll assume the actor that played Jango fittingly plays Boba.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

According to a poster from the last page it's Boba because it's the same actor that played Jango. Ya ya I know Rex is a clone of Jangos but he was never seen in anything Disney live action so I'll assume the actor that played Jango fittingly plays Boba.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to a poster from the last page it's Boba because it's the same actor that played Jango. Ya ya I know Rex is a clone of Jangos but he was never seen in anything Disney live action so I'll assume the actor that played Jango fittingly plays Boba.

Yep.  However he is rumored to be playing Rex this season as well.  Rex should show up when Ahsoka does.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah. Lore has it Boba Fett’s beskar armor protected him from the Sarlac.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep.  However he is rumored to be playing Rex this season as well.  Rex should show up when Ahsoka does.
View Quote

He would have to play both characters. They are clones. Rex will be the old guy playing the sage on information
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top