Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been slowly going through my son's Star Wars figures from when he was a kid. He has a lot of the Legacy figures. He's 21 now and doesn't really want them anymore. So my daughter and I have been going through them. I've mainly been picking out the ones I really like. Mostly Boba Fett and Deathwatch characters and a few CIS droids like Grievous but I just found this one in a box and thought it was relevant to The Mandalorian.

Attachment Attached File

He's missing a pauldron and I'm hoping it's in one of my sons other boxes of Star Wars figures. But this is the Phase 3 Dark Trooper that was part of the Build-A-Droid Legacy Double Pack figures. I remember my wife worked for Walmart at the time and she'd go through the figures on her lunch break just to find the ones that had the pieces for the Dark Trooper for my son.

I'm hoping we'll see Dark Troopers in The Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So Yaddle left the council how many years before 50 Y/O Grogu turns up?

Yoda probably knew all about Anakin/Padme and just didn't want to be a hypocrite.

Yoda's exile never made a lot of sense, but it's really looking weak now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought so too but I do not think she was even on the Jedi Council by the time Ahsoka was brought in as a Palawan. Actually according to the Wiki Yaddle stepped down after the Battle of Naboo and she was replaced by Shaak Ti. So no, Ahsoka was unaware of Yaddle.
View Quote

wait, wait, wait....so there's another one like Yoda and Grogu?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So Yaddle left the council how any years before 50 Y/O Grogu turns up?

Yoda probably knew all about Anakin/Padme and just didn't want to be a hypocrite.

Yoda's exile never made a lot of sense, but it's really looking weak now.
View Quote

She left the Council 32 BBY.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

wait, wait, wait....so there's another one like Yoda and Groko?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so too but I do not think she was even on the Jedi Council by the time Ahsoka was brought in as a Palawan. Actually according to the Wiki Yaddle stepped down after the Battle of Naboo and she was replaced by Shaak Ti. So no, Ahsoka was unaware of Yaddle.

Yes, Yaddle she was in Episode 2 and 3 and then during the The Clone Wars show she was replaced by Shaak Ti.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

ya me too.... those books made my summer a while back.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, Yaddle she was in Episode 2 and 3 and then during the The Clone Wars show she was replaced by Shaak Ti.
View Quote

guess I should watch the Clone Wars again
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was in 2 and 3?

I thought she stepped back after the battle of Naboo.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hahaha!!! I think we all know “it happened” and have already compartmentalized it and are trying to cope.
View Quote

its irrelevant as we shall just continue to call him BY
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been slowly going through my son's Star Wars figures from when he was a kid. He has a lot of the Legacy figures. He's 21 now and doesn't really want them anymore. So my daughter and I have been going through them. I've mainly been picking out the ones I really like. Mostly Boba Fett and Deathwatch characters and a few CIS droids like Grievous but I just found this one in a box and thought it was relevant to The Mandalorian.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417902/PXL_20201128_032805421_jpg-1705091.JPG

He's missing a pauldron and I'm hoping it's in one of my sons other boxes of Star Wars figures. But this is the Phase 3 Dark Trooper that was part of the Build-A-Droid Legacy Double Pack figures. I remember my wife worked for Walmart at the time and she'd go through the figures on her lunch break just to find the ones that had the pieces for the Dark Trooper for my son.

I'm hoping we'll see Dark Troopers in The Mandalorian.
View Quote

That’s fuckin rad!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thrawn! Thrawn!!!! THRAAAAAAAAWN!!!!!!!!!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I'm gonna shit myself and faint... Slap me thrice and hand me to my momma.

God fucking bless Jon Favreau holy fucking shit
View Quote

i wanna believe.gif buuuuuuut im affeared of KK involment
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Five pages of you nerds talking about the last episode and even a few mentions of Michael Biehn and the characters he's played and nobody noticed the obvious nod to his most famous role with the line: "I have no quarrel with you Mandelorian"?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Five pages of you nerds talking about the last episode and even a few mentions of Michael Biehn and the characters he's played and nobody noticed the obvious nod to his most famous role with the line: "I have no quarrel with you Mandelorian"?
View Quote

I beg to differ, sir
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok so watching this show and seeing them include characters from the cartoons has me curious. Is clone Wars and Rebels worth watching? Being cartoons I always assumed they were for little kids and never bothered.

Would love to see them make more movies based off of the SW universe. Something geared more for adults like Blade Runner instead of the Jar Jar Binks dumpster fire movies
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok so watching this show and seeing them include characters from the cartoons has me curious. Is clone Wars and Rebels worth watching? Being cartoons I always assumed they were for little kids and never bothered.

Would love to see them make more movies based off of the SW universe. Something geared more for adults like Blade Runner instead of the Jar Jar Binks dumpster fire movies
View Quote

The Clone Wars movie and then the series. It’s a little rough starting out, but really picks up as it goes on.

Rebels was really good.

Both of them tell a lot of Ahsoka’s backstory. It will also cover some of Thrawn’s story.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes they are worth watching, especially TCW as it adds such a deep context to the whole SW universe.

ETA: When you get to the episode "Landing at Point Rain" you will know it is worth it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:51:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t remember that line from Navy SEALS.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was half expecting mando to say you'd be a daisy if you do.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:24:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As long as they can nail his attitude and coolness factor in live action he will become an anti-hero.
View Quote

I truly hope they keep with Zhan's current arc of Thrawn in the new novels and not make him a complete Villian, but to secure the Unknown Regions with the Chiss Ascendancy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And do you know who made the HK-87 droids? Darth Revan did.

SO I am hoping they bring him into canon, because that dude is pure bad ass...Sith Lord and Jedi Master.

ETA: Keanu Reeves would defiantly make a bad ass Revan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching this episode beskar seemed pretty damn lightsaber proof.  Especially considering his gauntlets have doodads on them.  Not to mention the spear was taking full power shots.  

What a dope episode.  Michael Biehn, HK-87 droids, Ashoka being a bad ass, and another whopper of a name drop.

Dave filoni verified arf member with the HK-87 reference.

SO I am hoping they bring him into canon, because that dude is pure bad ass...Sith Lord and Jedi Master.

Revan died millennia ago. HK47 was his droid.

I think Rosario did a great job picking up on Ahsoka's quirks, but I was a bi6 disappointed that her leku weren't longer and they kept her 17 year old appearance. Fun episode, my gripes are primarily nerd shit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:32:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think Rosario did a great job picking up on Ahsoka's quirks, but I was a bi6 disappointed that her leku weren't longer and they kept her 17 year old appearance. Fun episode, my gripes are primarily nerd shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching this episode beskar seemed pretty damn lightsaber proof.  Especially considering his gauntlets have doodads on them.  Not to mention the spear was taking full power shots.  

What a dope episode.  Michael Biehn, HK-87 droids, Ashoka being a bad ass, and another whopper of a name drop.

I’d like to think that they at least tried to make them longer and for whatever reason couldn’t make it work. If what we got was the best they could do, then good. It’s better than long leku that looked like shit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:34:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

kept her 17 year old appearance? She definitely looked the mid-late 40s that Dawson is
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:40:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I’d like to think that they at least tried to make them longer and for whatever reason couldn’t make it work. If what we got was the best they could do, then good. It’s better than long leku that looked like shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. From ROTS we see longer but they're not doing the acrobatics that she does and was expected to do. I imagine that limited makeup quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

kept her 17 year old appearance? She definitely looked the mid-late 40s that Dawson is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her leku (head tails) are shorter than they should be as an adult. They look like her as a 17 year old version (season 7 of the clone wars).
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok, I'm not up on Revan. He lived like 4,000 years before Battle of Yavin, right? Those droids are THAT old? I know tech in Star Wars universe is kind of stagnant...
View Quote

Revan built the HK-47 droids.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

She was in 2 and 3?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was in 2 and 3?

NO, sorry she was only in episode 1. After that it was Shaak Ti she was in The Clone Wars show, 2 and 3.

Read it for yourself...

Yaddle

Shaak Ti
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So was Grogu mind wiped or is he just freaked out from the shit he’s seen and been through?

Thrawn is going to be cool to see. Dude is a worthy opponent for sure.
View Quote

I don't get the feeling Thrawn will appear in Mando. I think that was a tie in to a future show or movie.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thought I was watching a Akira Kurosawa or Lone Wolf and Cub episode.

You could really see the influence in this episode.
View Quote

Very strong Chinese influence to the sets, besides the multiple Asian actors. It was so freaking cool.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are anything but kids shows. They have their own visual look and thank god they aren't anime.

I'm watching the whole thing and keep getting thrown off on the timeline because I'm of course watching The Mandalorian too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Very strong Chinese influence to the sets, besides the multiple Asian actors. It was so freaking cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/UvwI1X7XkbXq0/200.gif

Yes?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#35]
My family and I are definitely enjoying this.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Just the name.  Even for a fantasy sci-fi name it's a little silly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not following what, specifically, is important. His name? His past training? Other?...

Just the name.  Even for a fantasy sci-fi name it's a little silly.

I heard "Kroger"; which makes sense. Gotta keep a lotta groceries around that kid.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I too walked into many rooms as a 10-year old with many adults inside.    I don't recall 99% of who the fuck was in the room.
View Quote
Ah, but did you have a high midichlorian count?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I truly hope they keep with Zhan's current arc of Thrawn in the new novels and not make him a complete Villian, but to secure the Unknown Regions with the Chiss Ascendancy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as they can nail his attitude and coolness factor in live action he will become an anti-hero.

Go on...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't get the feeling Thrawn will appear in Mando. I think that was a tie in to a future show or movie.
View Quote
I don't think we'll see any movies anytime soon. I do hope for more series. And the best way to launch a new series is a cameo in a current one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Makes sense, and I’m glad they at least tried to make them longer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My family and I are definitely enjoying this.  
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

The homages to the look and feel of Samurai movies was blatant.

This last episode was major fan service for anyone who wanted to ever see a show where the Man With No Name traveled to the world of Yojimbo and they teamed up on adventures.

Outside of the ethnic heritage of the actor (who wasn't really an actor, that was a cameo for a retired Disney executive) playing the legitimate governor, usurped by the magistrate, nothing points to China. The influence is 100% Japan.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clone Wars is far from a kids cartoon. It was tons of killing. I mean saber through the chest type killing that see.
I thought the same as you before I watched it and then had that wait...he just killed that dude in a cartoon...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Clone Wars is far from a kids cartoon. It was tons of killing. I mean saber through the chest type killing that see.
I thought the same as you before I watched it and then had that wait...he just killed that dude in a cartoon...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus some of those themes are more mature than a 10 year old would be able to process.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Also Baby Yoda name is too close to an American Dad character Rogu...When I heard the name I was like that name sounds familiar to some other cartoon name...it finally fit me it was Rogers tumor that became Rogu
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I enjoyed this episode over all. Rosario frame does seem to fit Ahsoka's
I wish they had left giving him a name out though, saved it for later.
This show needs more episodes per season.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This last episode was major fan service for anyone who wanted to ever see a show where the Man With No Name traveled to the world of Yojimbo and they teamed up on adventures.

Outside of the ethnic heritage of the actor (who wasn't really an actor, that was a cameo for a retired Disney executive) playing the legitimate governor, usurped by the magistrate, nothing points to China. The influence is 100% Japan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

I've watched it 3 times now.

I'll go out on a limb and say this episode is one of the best things that's ever been done in the SW universe.  Filoni and Favreau are really on top of their craft.  The episode was both visually stunning and well written.  It almost erases all my nightmares of Mary Sue Palpatine and the forced "girls rule" shit that KK was trying to peddle.  Some Disney exec just had the best Thanksgiving ever...5 seasons of Ahsoka with merch tie in...make it happen.

Question for the bigger nerds than me, do we not know the race of Yoda and BY?  It seems odd that in a galaxy with as many varied races, but one where Yoda is so important, that people wouldn't know that race.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll go out on a limb and say this episode is one of the best things that's ever been done in the SW universe.  Filoni and Favreau are really on top of their craft.  The episode was both visually stunning and well written.  It almost erases all my nightmares of Mary Sue Palpatine and the forced "girls rule" shit that KK was trying to peddle.  Some Disney exec just had the best Thanksgiving ever...5 seasons of Ahsoka with merch tie in...make it happen.

Question for the bigger nerds than me, do we not know the race of Yoda and BY?  It seems odd that in a galaxy with as many varied races, but one where Yoda is so important, that people wouldn't know that race.

https://heroichollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rosario-Dawson-Ahsoka-Tano-The-Mandalorian.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

https://heroichollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rosario-Dawson-Ahsoka-Tano-The-Mandalorian.jpg

Unknown species.

And Ahsoka did not always have the white blades...
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top