BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've watched it 3 times now.

I'll go out on a limb and say this episode is one of the best things that's ever been done in the SW universe.  Filoni and Favreau are really on top of their craft.  The episode was both visually stunning and well written.  It almost erases all my nightmares of Mary Sue Palpatine and the forced "girls rule" shit that KK was trying to peddle.  Some Disney exec just had the best Thanksgiving ever...5 seasons of Ahsoka with merch tie in...make it happen.

Question for the bigger nerds than me, do we not know the race of Yoda and BY?  It seems odd that in a galaxy with as many varied races, but one where Yoda is so important, that people wouldn't know that race.

https://heroichollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rosario-Dawson-Ahsoka-Tano-The-Mandalorian.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I was watching a Akira Kurosawa or Lone Wolf and Cub episode.

You could really see the influence in this episode.

Very strong Chinese influence to the sets, besides the multiple Asian actors. It was so freaking cool.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/UvwI1X7XkbXq0/200.gif

Yes?

The homages to the look and feel of Samurai movies was blatant.

This last episode was major fan service for anyone who wanted to ever see a show where the Man With No Name traveled to the world of Yojimbo and they teamed up on adventures.

Outside of the ethnic heritage of the actor (who wasn't really an actor, that was a cameo for a retired Disney executive) playing the legitimate governor, usurped by the magistrate, nothing points to China. The influence is 100% Japan.

I'll go out on a limb and say this episode is one of the best things that's ever been done in the SW universe.  Filoni and Favreau are really on top of their craft.  The episode was both visually stunning and well written.  It almost erases all my nightmares of Mary Sue Palpatine and the forced "girls rule" shit that KK was trying to peddle.  Some Disney exec just had the best Thanksgiving ever...5 seasons of Ahsoka with merch tie in...make it happen.

Question for the bigger nerds than me, do we not know the race of Yoda and BY?  It seems odd that in a galaxy with as many varied races, but one where Yoda is so important, that people wouldn't know that race.

https://heroichollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rosario-Dawson-Ahsoka-Tano-The-Mandalorian.jpg

Yeah the visuals were stunning. And I appreciate a more organic “gurl power” vs. the forced, trite, fake stuff Kennedy thinks the SW universe needs.

Note to Filoni and Favreau: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it one more time: No more Skywalkers or Death Stars. There are a million worlds with an infinite number of storylines out there, you’re doing a good job of telling them now, just keep it up and resist the urge to screw up our beloved Star Wars.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ah, but did you have a high midichlorian count?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I too walked into many rooms as a 10-year old with many adults inside.    I don't recall 99% of who the fuck was in the room.
Ah, but did you have a high midichlorian count?

Ill pee on the test strip and let you know.    Can you hold it for me?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very strong Chinese influence to the sets, besides the multiple Asian actors. It was so freaking cool.

Yes?

This last episode was major fan service for anyone who wanted to ever see a show where the Man With No Name traveled to the world of Yojimbo and they teamed up on adventures.

Outside of the ethnic heritage of the actor (who wasn't really an actor, that was a cameo for a retired Disney executive) playing the legitimate governor, usurped by the magistrate, nothing points to China. The influence is 100% Japan.

The name of their race, or the nature of their homeworld, has intentionally never been revealed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah the visuals were stunning. And I appreciate a more organic “gurl power” vs. the forced, trite, fake stuff Kennedy thinks the SW universe needs.

Note to Filoni and Favreau: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it one more time: No more Skywalkers or Death Stars. There are a million worlds with an infinite number of storylines out there, you’re doing a good job of telling them now, just keep it up and resist the urge to screw up our beloved Star Wars.
View Quote

100% agree.

Let the Skywalker story die.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And Ahsoka did not always have the white blades...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I watched TCW movie and I've started watching the series.  I got to an episode with Jar Jar and then just 'noped' out.  I'll go back but Jar Jar is so hard to take.

Quoted:

I was thinking that part too about "gurl power", after watching this episode my daughter is "Ahsoka this and Ahsoka that...where did she come from, how did she learn to use the force, etc..."  Contrast to watching the last movie and when we left the theatre she never asked about Rey again or said anything about SW in general.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

George Lucas intentionally made and has kept Yoda's species mysterious. Sometimes it's good to have your audience wanting more.

One old fan theory is that all members of the species are powerful force users but small in number and vulnerable to being conquered and exploited. They send a few out to the wider galaxy but mostly maintain seclusion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I watched TCW movie and I've started watching the series.  I got to an episode with Jar Jar and then just 'noped' out.  I'll go back but Jar Jar is so hard to take.

I was thinking that part too about "gurl power", after watching this episode my daughter is "Ahsoka this and Ahsoka that...where did she come from, how did she learn to use the force, etc..."  Contrast to watching the last movie and when we left the theatre she never asked about Rey again or said anything about SW in general.
View Quote

If she’s old enough the clones movie that introduces Ashoka and then series.
One of the best character growth of a character ever.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

To find out why Ahsoka has white blades, you’ll need to read the book, “Ahsoka.”

Or use Google.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Especially in the beginning, the way Ashoka handled the Magistrate's thugs was straight up Predator or Alien xenomorph-level shit.

After Mando shot Michael Biehn, they should have had him say, "Game over." (Yes, I know that was Hudson's line. Don't care.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That exec did a better job on screen than quite a few well known performers in SW cameos.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Go on...
View Quote

Mitth'raw'nuruodo was playing the Empire as he saw them as the most power military force to stop a growing threat emerging in the Unknown Regions.  Palpatine was also using him.

Thrawn's main focus is to protecting the Chiss Ascendancy. His Tie Defender project was devoted to that, and he believed the Tie Defender was better for projection of strength over the Death Star.

It was going well till Bridger and his damn space whales.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, what Jedi are left in SW at this point? Besides Ahsoka, is it only Luke and Ezra (since Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn) that we know of?
View Quote
Isn't Kanan Jarrus a Jedi and still alive.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, what Jedi are left in SW at this point? Besides Ahsoka, is it only Luke and Ezra (since Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn) that we know of?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Unknown species.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

Unknown species.

Did no author in all of the expanded universe never delve into that?

Seems odd, and ripe for some story telling.

They're like the Pandas of the Star Wars universe.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

China = bad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

The Chinese Communist Party is evil. I have no quarrel with individual Chinamen, or with their historical culture in general.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That exec did a better job on screen than quite a few well known performers in SW cameos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really enjoying these cameos in general. It's a "who's who" of Star Wars / Disney fandom.

Agreed. For an old dude pulled out of retirement, who had never acted, and given multiple lines to deliver, he did pretty damned well.

That just looks like a lot of fun to be on those sets.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

George Lucas intentionally made and has kept Yoda's species mysterious. Sometimes it's good to have your audience wanting more.

One old fan theory is that all members of the species are powerful force users but small in number and vulnerable to being conquered and exploited. They send a few out to the wider galaxy but mostly maintain seclusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they are worldly neighbors to the Lasat on Lira San ...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Mitth'raw'nuruodo was playing the Empire as he saw them as the most power military force to stop a growing threat emerging in the Unknown Regions.  Palpatine was also using him.

Thrawn's main focus is to protecting the Chiss Ascendancy. His Tie Defender project was devoted to that, and he believed the Tie Defender was better for projection of strength over the Death Star.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on...

Some of that is familiar because of Rebels, but not all of it. Perhaps I just don’t remember...

...so many story lines to keep track of
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Some of that is familiar because of Rebels, but not all of it. Perhaps I just don’t remember...

...so many story lines to keep track of
View Quote

Zhan wrote 3 books detailing this, plus he is doing a origin Thrawn trilogy set now.

(I'm a huge Thrawn fan since Tie Fighter)
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s actually how he escaped...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahsoka is one of the best characters in the SWU.  

Watch the Clone Wars series.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

So did Thrawn know that Palpatine was also behind the First Order?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm really enjoying these cameos in general. It's a "who's who" of Star Wars / Disney fandom.

Agreed. For an old dude pulled out of retirement, who had never acted, and given multiple lines to deliver, he did pretty damned well.

That just looks like a lot of fun to be on those sets.

View Quote

That kind of stuff is hard work, but it can be loads of fun.

I grew up on film sets and occasionally get little twinges of remorse for not staying in the film field. My dad turned down h-wood jobs to raise his kids away from California, but he still got an Emmy nomination. A college theater department recruited me for their acting program, and I had a good start on a voice career including work for a few national clients. Industry connections were just a phone call away if I’d chosen to keep going.

Nowadays, the only acting I do is convincing patients to trust me enough to knock them out. That’s not too uncommon; one of my former employees has a pretty good IMDb page including a season as a principal cast member for a 1-season 1980s sitcom.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah the visuals were stunning. And I appreciate a more organic "gurl power" vs. the forced, trite, fake stuff Kennedy thinks the SW universe needs.

Note to Filoni and Favreau: I've said it before and I'll say it one more time: No more Skywalkers or Death Stars. There are a million worlds with an infinite number of storylines out there, you're doing a good job of telling them now, just keep it up and resist the urge to screw up our beloved Star Wars.

Rey's character and story arc are trash.

Snips' character and story arc are art.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Did no author in all of the expanded universe never delve into that?

Seems odd, and ripe for some story telling.

They're like the Pandas of the Star Wars universe.
View Quote

Probably was a no no from Lucas
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is yet to be seen or revealed though the wookipidia seem to indicate it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah they totally screwed up Rey.
I'm probably one of the few that didn't mind The Force Awakens although it was pretty much A New Hope rebooted
They made it seem like Finn was sensitive and then boom nothing in the following episodes...strange thing is the Star Wars Lego episode they just released has Rey trainning Finn so it sounds like Finn was originally gonna use the force but then gurl power happen in the next two episodes and Finn was just a by product, maybe the lego episode was trying to right that wrong
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm probably one of the few that didn't mind The Force Awakens although it was pretty much A New Hope rebooted
They made it seem like Finn was sensitive and then boom nothing in the following episodes...strange thing is the Star Wars Lego episode they just released has Rey trainning Finn so it sounds like Finn was originally gonna use the force but then gurl power happen in the next two episodes and Finn was just a by product, maybe the lego episode was trying to right that wrong
View Quote

Like how Han(s) shot first.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Watching the episode and hearing Ashoka talk about Anakin’s fall it occurred to me that she probably doesn’t know about him turning back to save his son. I initially didn’t want to see Luke at all in the show, but I think Ashoka and him meeting would be something special.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Chinese Communist Party is evil. I have no quarrel with individual Chinamen, or with their historical culture in general.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

They are one and the same until they are not.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Very nice, I can’t wait until I build mine at Disney.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya there is some really talented people out there. That set is running $4k ish..
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Have we ever seen a Jedi do a "slow reveal" of their lightsaber like Ahsoka did in this episode?  It seems like it's always instant on and off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone have high-res art from the last three episodes?

That cat box site hasn't updated in weeks...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Unknown species.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

Unknown species.

She had those sabers and blades the last time the viewers saw her. I won't spoil any other details though, well... I wanted the white robe.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing about Finn's character makes sense.

But that might, might explain his deprogramming.

Of course, he never showed any indication of having been trained as a stormtrooper, either.

Just a shit character all around, and squandered potential.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Have we ever seen a Jedi do a "slow reveal" of their lightsaber like Ahsoka did in this episode?  It seems like it's always instant on and off.
View Quote

I think Maul is the closest thing. Ahsokas was better imo.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Plus some of those themes are more mature than a 10 year old would be able to process.
View Quote

You'd be surprised what a 10Y/O can process. TCW was great though.

When I watched it with my kids at first I wasn't paying much attention, but when they started taking the ethical implications of clone troopers seriously I started taking it seriously too. First season was a little tough to get through but it had it's moments.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#43]
In other news:

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#44]
The Critical Drinker fixes..

Fuck off film
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

When Biden is President next year, will you consider yourself one and the same as the Democratic Party?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those movies don't exist.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Watching the episode and hearing Ashoka talk about Anakin’s fall it occurred to me that she probably doesn’t know about him turning back to save his son. I initially didn’t want to see Luke at all in the show, but I think Ashoka and him meeting would be something special.
View Quote

This is exactly right.   I'm not overly sensitive.  But the emotional potential of Ashoka meeting Anakin's son and learning of Anakin's ultimate fate redemption.....wow.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Obi wan on the Death Star?  

At least in the oirginal
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ya there is some really talented people out there. That set is running $4k ish..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was gonna ask and

Fuck nope
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When Biden is President next year, will you consider yourself one and the same as the Democratic Party?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

Americans = American .gov to the entire world.  

We are one and the same until we're not.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top