BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yep.  Kurosawa was a big influence on Lucas.  This episode felt like it fit very well with the original tone of SW.

Samurai movies and westerns mixed with sci-fantasy is the way.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Americans = American .gov to the entire world.  

We are one and the same until we're not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I was watching a Akira Kurosawa or Lone Wolf and Cub episode.

You could really see the influence in this episode.

Very strong Chinese influence to the sets, besides the multiple Asian actors. It was so freaking cool.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/UvwI1X7XkbXq0/200.gif

Yes?

China = bad

The Chinese Communist Party is evil. I have no quarrel with individual Chinamen, or with their historical culture in general.

They are one and the same until they are not.

When Biden is President next year, will you consider yourself one and the same as the Democratic Party?

That's pretty retarded.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone have high-res art from the last three episodes?

That cat box site hasn't updated in weeks...
View Quote

Sorry I haven't updated it for the past few episodes. Catbox pisses me off since it acts like it runs at 56k when uploading stuff and puts me off.

I'll update later tonight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's pretty retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very strong Chinese influence to the sets, besides the multiple Asian actors. It was so freaking cool.

Yes?

China = bad

The Chinese Communist Party is evil. I have no quarrel with individual Chinamen, or with their historical culture in general.

When Biden is President next year, will you consider yourself one and the same as the Democratic Party?

That's pretty retarded.

Welcome to the world
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Welcome to the world
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

That's pretty retarded.

Welcome to the world

Let me get this straight. You're telling me that because I hate the government of the People's Republic of China, I need to hate all Chinese people?

By the way, how the fuck did this become a thing in the Mandalorian discussion thread? Fuck outta here unless you have something to contribute.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Let me get this straight. You're telling me that because I hate the government of the People's Republic of China, I need to hate all Chinese people?

By the way, how the fuck did this become a thing in the Mandalorian discussion thread? Fuck outta here unless you have something to contribute.
View Quote

Heed your own words.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Heed your own words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heed your own words.

Happy to. I got caught up in a dumb side conversation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm really enjoying these cameos in general. It's a "who's who" of Star Wars / Disney fandom.

Agreed. For an old dude pulled out of retirement, who had never acted, and given multiple lines to deliver, he did pretty damned well.

That just looks like a lot of fun to be on those sets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The homages to the look and feel of Samurai movies was blatant.

This last episode was major fan service for anyone who wanted to ever see a show where the Man With No Name traveled to the world of Yojimbo and they teamed up on adventures.

Outside of the ethnic heritage of the actor (who wasn't really an actor, that was a cameo for a retired Disney executive) playing the legitimate governor, usurped by the magistrate, nothing points to China. The influence is 100% Japan.

That exec did a better job on screen than quite a few well known performers in SW cameos.

I'm really enjoying these cameos in general. It's a "who's who" of Star Wars / Disney fandom.

Agreed. For an old dude pulled out of retirement, who had never acted, and given multiple lines to deliver, he did pretty damned well.

That just looks like a lot of fun to be on those sets.

Agreed.  I love the cameos.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

That's pretty retarded.

Welcome to the world

Jesus are you drunk?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Jesus are you drunk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

That's pretty retarded.

Welcome to the world

Jesus are you drunk?

I am not.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Like how Han(s) shot first.
View Quote

In the Lego movie...I'll admit I chuckled
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry I haven't updated it for the past few episodes. Catbox pisses me off since it acts like it runs at 56k when uploading stuff and puts me off.

I'll update later tonight.
View Quote
@SIMJEDI

I didn't realize you were the one responsible for uploading. I just figured you'd found and shared the site. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nothing about Finn's character makes sense.

But that might, might explain his deprogramming.

Of course, he never showed any indication of having been trained as a stormtrooper, either.

Just a shit character all around, and squandered potential.
View Quote

Yeah I had heard rumors that he was Lando's kid, then Mace's but I really thought he was gonna be force sensitive but nope all he did was yell Reeeeeeey..
The actor who played him wasn't too happy about the way the wrote him, makes me think he was going to have a bigger part before they screwed around with 8 & 9.
But again I did like the lego special that just came out and looks like they're going back to making Finn a force users or at least hinting at he has the potential to...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have we ever seen a Jedi do a "slow reveal" of their lightsaber like Ahsoka did in this episode?  It seems like it's always instant on and off.
View Quote

When obi wan and Vader faced off on the Death Star obi’s was slow.
Obi - Wan Kenobi Vs Darth Vader HD
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
It really pisses me off what they did with Finn's character. There was so much potential. Ex-stormtrooper, defects to Rebellion - he could have easily stepped into a military command role (like Han and Lando did in ROTJ) and been a bad ass leader, even without the force sensitivity. With force sensitivity he could have been so much more.

But what did we get. A vapid, brain dead puppy that can only yell REEEEEYYYYYYYY at pivotal points in the movie. I don't blame Boyega for being pissed at Disney.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah I had heard rumors that he was Lando's kid, then Mace's but I really thought he was gonna be force sensitive but nope all he did was yell Reeeeeeey..
The actor who played him wasn't too happy about the way the wrote him, makes me think he was going to have a bigger part before they screwed around with 8 & 9.
But again I did like the lego special that just came out and looks like they're going back to making Finn a force users or at least hinting at he has the potential to...
View Quote

He was the SJW’s “token” as per the diversity clause and the prospected receiver for the gay pilot guy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think Rosario did a great job picking up on Ahsoka's quirks, but it was a big disappointed that her leku weren't longer and they kept her 17 year old appearance. Fun episode, my gripes are primarily nerd shit.
View Quote

Were you OK with her eyes being normal size?

(Just kidding, soft of)  
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I've not finished The Clone Wars, nor have I seen Rebels, but did Ahsoka's face markings continue to change in her latest appearance?

ETA:  Never mind.  I did a quick side by side by side.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've not finished The Clone Wars, nor have I seen Rebels, but did Ahsoka's face markings continue to change in her latest appearance?

https://i.imgur.com/0fOIeNB.jpg
View Quote

Art styles and designs change. As did her eye color... shrug. If Filoni can live with it I can.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I about lost my shit when Ahsoka said Grand Admiral Thawn instead of Moff Gideon.  Solid part of the EU and when I played Star Wars RPG
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's pretty retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes?

China = bad

That's pretty retarded.

A lot of years ago, my squadron was flying out of a Dutch base for a couple of weeks, and we all got a taste for shawarma.  Couple of the guys were at a shawarma place one night, and some local middle eastern import started going off at them about Clinton.  "Fuck your president Clinton," and the like.  He was actually surprised that none of us gave a damn about his ranting statements.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It really pisses me off what they did with Finn's character. There was so much potential. Ex-stormtrooper, defects to Rebellion - he could have easily stepped into a military command role (like Han and Lando did in ROTJ) and been a bad ass leader, even without the force sensitivity. With force sensitivity he could have been so much more.

But what did we get. A vapid, brain dead puppy that can only yell REEEEEYYYYYYYY at pivotal points in the movie. I don't blame Boyega for being pissed at Disney.
View Quote

This is all Finn does for 1/4 to 1/3 of his appearances.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://pa1.narvii.com/5831/db551f0437cb6197a46df41fd8c7bb168a3bcf5f_hq.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Brits are shit at American film.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This was an epic episode. I think Dawson nailed Ahsoka. Yes, she will never move and act 100% like in the animated series, and that’s OK, Obi-Wan and Anakin are nothing like their counterparts in the prequels.
View Quote

That's awesome!! I want to nail Dawson!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

She's ole Spartacus beard or was...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was hoping for orange space titties.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

(Just kidding, soft of)  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Rosario did a great job picking up on Ahsoka's quirks, but it was a big disappointed that her leku weren't longer and they kept her 17 year old appearance. Fun episode, my gripes are primarily nerd shit.

(Just kidding, soft of)  

Lol, just kidding but... no.

Ahsoka has become my favorite SW character behind Mara Jade, seeing her done as an actual actor was a bit jarring for my nerd self.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I about lost my shit when Ahsoka said Grand Admiral Thawn instead of Moff Gideon.  Solid part of the EU and when I played Star Wars RPG
View Quote

You REALLY need to watch Clone Wars and Rebels.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

She's ole Spartacus beard or was...
View Quote

Was is good. Wanted to smash since clerks 2
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Watching the episode and hearing Ashoka talk about Anakin’s fall it occurred to me that she probably doesn’t know about him turning back to save his son. I initially didn’t want to see Luke at all in the show, but I think Ashoka and him meeting would be something special.
View Quote

That is an interesting point.  Would she have “felt” when he changed back given the close relationship between Master and Padawan?  Kenobi  felt it when Alderaan was destroyed and Vader felt the presence of Kenobi when he went on the Death Star.

I know the Jedi were garbage for sensing the dark side (ie Palpetine being a Sith Lord right under their noses for years, Duku, and Anakin's plunge to the dark side) so maybe not.  The last scene in TCW showed that Anakin still cared for her...  

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

She had those sabers and blades the last time the viewers saw her. I won't spoil any other details though, well... I wanted the white robe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

She had those sabers and blades the last time the viewers saw her. I won't spoil any other details though, well... I wanted the white robe.

Didn’t she leave them on the ground at the end of TCW?  Or are we talking about a book or other show?

Quoted:
Yep.  Kurosawa was a big influence on Lucas.  This episode felt like it fit very well with the original tone of SW.

Samurai movies and westerns mixed with sci-fantasy is the way.

You should watch the making of series to hear Howard tell the story about when she had dinner with her dad, Lucas, and Kurosawa.  Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Didn't she leave them on the ground at the end of TCW?  Or are we talking about a book or other show?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't she leave them on the ground at the end of TCW?  Or are we talking about a book or other show?

Rebels
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Didn’t she leave them on the ground at the end of TCW?  Or are we talking about a book or other show?

You should watch the making of series to hear Howard tell the story about when she had dinner with her dad, Lucas, and Kurosawa.  Pretty funny.
View Quote

We watched that episode last night. I was in awe.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You REALLY need to watch Clone Wars and Rebels.
View Quote

I've watched Clone Wars except the last couple of seasons.

Havent watched rebels
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Been a fan since Josie and the Pusscats.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Rebels
View Quote

Thank you, I haven’t watched those for a few years.  Guess it’s time to rewatch them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

You want Cory Booker's sloppy seconds?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which episode was that in?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't remember that line from Navy SEALS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Five pages of you nerds talking about the last episode and even a few mentions of Michael Biehn and the characters he's played and nobody noticed the obvious nod to his most famous role with the line: "I have no quarrel with you Mandelorian"?

I don't remember that line from Navy SEALS.
I think that's from "Tombstone".
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pascal's politics aside...his ER story from that is funny.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Which episode was that in?
View Quote

The first episode of the gallery,  directing
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think that's from "Tombstone".
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Him vs. Doc Holliday
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Did anyone else think Ahsoka was Zoe from Firefly at first?  And Michael Biehn has not aged well!  I didn't recognize him at all!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
... And Michael Biehn has not aged well!  I didn't recognize him at all!
View Quote

In his defense, he's 64yo.  Terminator and Aliens were over 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Did anyone else think Ahsoka was Zoe from Firefly at first?  And Michael Biehn has not aged well!  I didn't recognize him at all!
View Quote

He's 64. He's aging better than most
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/0fOIeNB.jpg
View Quote

Good fucking god.   STOP comparing cartoon animation to live action and trying to rationalize the differences.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a MANDELORIAN thread.   Move along, move along....
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top