Quoted:

Well...  he was working with the Pikes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fair point. He seemed enamored with his former master's plan once he realized how it was to unfold.  Almost giddy about finally understanding how every piece of the puzzle fit together. His own lust for power put him on a collision course with Sidious though as he was causing trouble and drawing attention.  

Still, a story told from his point of view would be amazing, even if it casts him as an antihero. He's not though, cause he's a Sith. Doing good is not in their nature.  It would be far more interesting exploring his rule of Mandalore and control of the various crime families. Basically a space Godfather, I guess.

Covered in spice like Al Pacino in Scarface?

One of my issues with Maul was they did not give him an apprentice after The Clone Wars....he was trying to corrupt Ezra in Rebels...but to me giving him an apprentice to carry on the Sith after the death of Palpatine and Vader was a mistake....and a scene at the end of TRoS with Maul's apprentice and an apprentice to him/her would have been interesting.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The show built two seasons on the foundation of the unlikely pairing of Din and Grogu.  The story arc is essentially completed with Grogu gone with Luke for training.  I don't know where they will go from here, unless something happens for Grogu to need picked back up by the Mandalorian.  We see neither Grogu or Din in the The Force Awakens, or hear anything about them.  I think it's going to take some good writing to make a third season to compare to the "lightning in the bottle" the first two ended up.  Or maybe it might create something to fill the space with between 6 and 7.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The show built two seasons on the foundation of the unlikely pairing of Din and Grogu.  The story arc is essentially completed with Grogu gone with Luke for training.  I don't know where they will go from here, unless something happens for Grogu to need picked back up by the Mandalorian.  We see neither Grogu or Din in the The Force Awakens, or hear anything about them.  I think it's going to take some good writing to make a third season to compare to the "lightning in the bottle" the first two ended up.  Or maybe it might create something to fill the space with between 6 and 7.
View Quote

I hope that Asoka, Rangers, season 3 of Mandalorian all tie together and lead to a 2nd Mandalorian siege.  One of the announcements I saw seemed to imply these story arcs would all end tying together
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mandalorian Civil War 2.0
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I cant believe all the soulless douch nuggets complaining about Luke's appearance.. My God folks..

2020 wasnt a total loss... we got to see Boba Fett, epic Luke Skywalker scene and a new AC/DC album.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Or maybe it might create something to fill the space with between 6 and 7.
View Quote

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that Filoni and Favreau will do anything to act as a segue into those shitty movies.

They may not intentionally sabotage the "work" of Jar Jar Abrams and that other dumbass.... but they won't do a damn thing to support it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's not really the "canon" interpretation. The Rule of Two literally means there are two, a Master and an Apprentice, and no more.

Rule of Two

But that only applies to the actual Sith, or the ones that call themselves that, anyway. There could be a thousand fallen Jedi, dark-side Force users, etc. running around, but only two "Sith." Dooku broke that rule when he took Ventress as his apprentice. The only reason it matters is because the strategy worked...the single Sith Lord worked his way up to the position of Emperor, and had an apprentice tagging along (Maul/Dooku/Vader). He brought balance to the Force by destroying the Jedi Order, so the numbers of light and dark side Force users suddenly became a lot more...equal.

But if the Sith HADN'T succeeded, the Rule of Two would have been essentially meaningless. Anyone who wanted to could have called themselves "Sith." I'd expect that at some point in the previous few thousand years, some fringe Force sensitive came across a Sith holocron and started styling themselves as "Sith," and taking an apprentice, at the same time the official "Sith" were somewhere else in the galaxy. Maybe several times.

It's just a title, and a self-taken one at that. Palpatine would have been equally as evil and effective without it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always taken that to mean there are always two, a master and apprentice and not just one acting alone. That was the context of the discussion, and even at that point in time there were at least two pair, Sidious and Maul, Dooku and Ventriss.

Yeah that was my take as well.   And TCW proved that one can be a "dark side Force user" and not be an actual "Sith" - Ventriss was a good example.    Dooku fired her as an apprentice, but he failed to kill her.  So she was still running around doing Sith-like stuff with the dark side.... but she was no longer "in the club".

Same thing with Ahsoka on the light side.   No longer a "Jedi".

The Force is available to every living thing. The Jedi tried to monopolize it.

That's not really the "canon" interpretation. The Rule of Two literally means there are two, a Master and an Apprentice, and no more.

Rule of Two

But that only applies to the actual Sith, or the ones that call themselves that, anyway. There could be a thousand fallen Jedi, dark-side Force users, etc. running around, but only two "Sith." Dooku broke that rule when he took Ventress as his apprentice. The only reason it matters is because the strategy worked...the single Sith Lord worked his way up to the position of Emperor, and had an apprentice tagging along (Maul/Dooku/Vader). He brought balance to the Force by destroying the Jedi Order, so the numbers of light and dark side Force users suddenly became a lot more...equal.

But if the Sith HADN'T succeeded, the Rule of Two would have been essentially meaningless. Anyone who wanted to could have called themselves "Sith." I'd expect that at some point in the previous few thousand years, some fringe Force sensitive came across a Sith holocron and started styling themselves as "Sith," and taking an apprentice, at the same time the official "Sith" were somewhere else in the galaxy. Maybe several times.

It's just a title, and a self-taken one at that. Palpatine would have been equally as evil and effective without it.

Who’s to say that The Rule of Two applies across the whole galaxy? It’s much more practical if it applies to each independent Sith “cell.” They don’t even need to know that any other pair exists.

I used to take it as absolute, galaxy-wide, but I really like this multiple pairs interpretation. It really plays up to:

The Jedi tendency to misread prophecy and/or their enemies,  and
The Jedi habit of seeing things “from a certain point of view.”  
And a “dogmatic, narrow” view at that, according to Palpatine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I always thought the whole rule of 2 thing was incredibly dumb.  You are trying to take over the entire galaxy with only one sidekick?  Plus, they seem to kick it to the side, whenever they want.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did anyone else notice the scene with Grogu and Luke was the first time they've used the Force Theme music during the whole series?  I got chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1937VEYguI

The look on Moff Gideon's face when he realized a Jedi was coming was... fucking awesome.
View Quote

I noticed that as well, you tell he was terrified and I think that was why he tried to off himself. He kept looking at the video feed and his face was filled with dread. He knew what was up.

Even Bo Katan realized the Jedi was going to fuck shit up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi, she left the order.
View Quote

She would be more of a "Gray Jedi" than anything.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I cant believe all the soulless douch nuggets complaining about Luke's appearance.. My God folks..

2020 wasnt a total loss... we got to see Boba Fett, epic Luke Skywalker scene and a new AC/DC album.
View Quote

Showing Luke the way they did fixed alot of what KK fucked up along with cock sucker Abrams.

And Book of Fett will be a one off mini series. Probably 4 episodes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was okay.   The 40 seconds of ass-kicking from Darth Vader in Rogue One was way better.

They should have used more John Williams' "The Force" music when he was battling the Dark Troopers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to get back into TCW so I can't really comment on Ahsokas abilities beyond what I've seen so far.
View Quote
If you need incentive the last few episodes is the best Star Wars ever made. Including The Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Do the books suggest a strict "there are only ever 2 Sith?"

I guess this whole line of discussion is throwing me for a loop, as I always interpreted the bit from the prequels as meaning they always come in pairs. Yoda's warning, to me, was that where there was ine, there would always be another. Not, "there won't the any more than that."

And, other Sith Lords could very well be pursuing other goals outside of politics.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you need incentive the last few episodes is the best Star Wars ever made. Including The Mandalorian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still trying to get back into TCW so I can't really comment on Ahsokas abilities beyond what I've seen so far.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I finally saw the last episode and think I’m done with the series.

My overall complaint stands that it’s too neat,too tidy and absolutely nothing of consequence actually happens. It was entertaining enough to watch all of it but I don’t care about the minor characters,especially when nothing is actually a big deal.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My overall complaint stands that it’s too neat,too tidy and absolutely nothing of consequence actually happens. It was entertaining enough to watch all of it but I don’t care about the minor characters,especially when nothing is actually a big deal.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I hope that Asoka, Rangers, season 3 of Mandalorian all tie together and lead to a 2nd Mandalorian siege.  One of the announcements I saw seemed to imply these story arcs would all end tying together
View Quote

They're gonna copy the Marvel formula. Several individual story arcs culminating in an "End Game", so to speak.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ornjMPZXvOLMDvMcw/giphy.gif

The last season of Rebels is well above average.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They're gonna copy the Marvel formula. Several individual story arcs culminating in an "End Game", so to speak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they play it like they did the Defenders, the End Game could be an entire season of its own.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]
So, was Moff Gideon NOT a sith lord?  He just culturally appropriated the Mandalore dark saber?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well it is a made-up fantasy media franchise, so I suppose none of it is a big deal with that attitude, Debbie Downer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So, was Moff Gideon NOT a sith lord?  He just culturally appropriated the Mandalore dark saber?
View Quote

No, just a man on a mission.

There’s a story on how he took it from Bo-Katan we’ve not been told yet.

I’m guessing it happened during “the purge.”
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
To be honest I'm still working through that. I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If they okay it like they did the Defenders, the End Game could be an entire season of its own.
View Quote

I'm hoping these series all end up tied together as a set of feature films that all but erase the fuckups that were the sequels.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ornjMPZXvOLMDvMcw/giphy.gif

Agreed. The best moments in Rebels were only eclipsed when the last four episodes of TCW S7 came out. Filoni is the best.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In the end, it's kind of a pointless discussion.

The winner is whoever the author/writer decides it is. If a Mandalorian fires off his Whistling Birds and downs a Jedi/Sith or two, it's because the story needed it to happen. He's either the hero, or the villain. If, on the other hand, the Jedi/Sith held up their hand and stopped all the little missiles with telekinesis, or turned them back against the Mandalorian, it's because that's what the writer wanted to happen.

Trying to get consistency out of dozens (hundreds?) of authors over a 40+ year time span isn't really possible. Lucas tried...for a long time everything had to be approved by Lucasfilm, or even by him personally. Eventually that devolved into "don't fuck up what George has already written and you're fine."

For the most part, though, the media portrays the Jedi/Sith as literally superhuman (superalien?). They can accomplish anything and everything with the Force, if they have the will. If they fail, it's because they needed to for the plot or character development journey. The hero or villain can block incoming blaster bolts from a dozen stormtroopers or droids or whatever, but the secondary characters die.

A perfect example is falling. Jedi/Sith can throw themselves out of moving aircraft, fall hundreds or thousands of feet, and land safely in a superhero pose. But when you need one of them to die, you toss them off a building. Maybe after cutting off a limb, but still...the glaring inconsistencies are deeply embedded.

The same thing happens in the philosophy. The Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers, non-violent, etc. etc. etc., but they never fail to use violence to solve a problem. They're control freaks, and the instant they feel control slipping away, a lightsaber comes out, and the bodies hit the floor. Or, sometimes, that's the go-to-first. Look at Ahsoka in this season of the Mandalorian.

Did she have to run through the forest and literally murder a dozen troopers before approaching the gate to give her demands? Couldn't she, basically being an invincible ninja, have crept into the main compound, cut down the two guard droids as she dropped in, reflected a blaster bolt into Michael Biehn's face, and beat down the woman, all before anyone could have realized what had happened? It's happened before, many times in the shows. Sneak in, maybe have to fight out. Instead, she goes all judge, jury, and executioner on a bunch of flunkies first. That also happens a lot. So much for the ideals of the Jedi. More glaring inconsistencies.

But, back on the point we were discussing, Ahsoka was able to fight Vader almost to a standstill. She would have lost in the end (because everyone has to lose to Vader except Luke in the end...plot), and was saved by Ezra. She would also have gone through the Dark Troopers like they were paper-mache. She could have probably held her own against Luke for quite a while.

Din was about two steps and two seconds from being cut in two. He's alive because that's what the plot said. Had he been one of the faceless Mandalorian cohort that trained him (and that he was no better than), she would have cut down several in the space of that scene.

And that's the problem with arguing who would beat who in any genre of media. Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris. Superman vs Batman. Din vs Ahsoka. Who does the plot say wins? Can you really make a compelling argument of any kind as to who, in our warped imaginations would win any given confrontation between fictional super-beings (Bruce and Chuck included)? Our favorite will win, because that's what our imagination wants to happen, and we'll always come up with some convoluted reason why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But wasn't that whole point of Beskar, grappling hooks, backpack rockets and the like?  These were all gadgets the Mandalorians developed to even the playing field against the Jedi.
That was what I thought. Like the wrist rockets, too many at one time for them to block.

In the end, it's kind of a pointless discussion.

The winner is whoever the author/writer decides it is. If a Mandalorian fires off his Whistling Birds and downs a Jedi/Sith or two, it's because the story needed it to happen. He's either the hero, or the villain. If, on the other hand, the Jedi/Sith held up their hand and stopped all the little missiles with telekinesis, or turned them back against the Mandalorian, it's because that's what the writer wanted to happen.

Trying to get consistency out of dozens (hundreds?) of authors over a 40+ year time span isn't really possible. Lucas tried...for a long time everything had to be approved by Lucasfilm, or even by him personally. Eventually that devolved into "don't fuck up what George has already written and you're fine."

For the most part, though, the media portrays the Jedi/Sith as literally superhuman (superalien?). They can accomplish anything and everything with the Force, if they have the will. If they fail, it's because they needed to for the plot or character development journey. The hero or villain can block incoming blaster bolts from a dozen stormtroopers or droids or whatever, but the secondary characters die.

A perfect example is falling. Jedi/Sith can throw themselves out of moving aircraft, fall hundreds or thousands of feet, and land safely in a superhero pose. But when you need one of them to die, you toss them off a building. Maybe after cutting off a limb, but still...the glaring inconsistencies are deeply embedded.

The same thing happens in the philosophy. The Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers, non-violent, etc. etc. etc., but they never fail to use violence to solve a problem. They're control freaks, and the instant they feel control slipping away, a lightsaber comes out, and the bodies hit the floor. Or, sometimes, that's the go-to-first. Look at Ahsoka in this season of the Mandalorian.

Did she have to run through the forest and literally murder a dozen troopers before approaching the gate to give her demands? Couldn't she, basically being an invincible ninja, have crept into the main compound, cut down the two guard droids as she dropped in, reflected a blaster bolt into Michael Biehn's face, and beat down the woman, all before anyone could have realized what had happened? It's happened before, many times in the shows. Sneak in, maybe have to fight out. Instead, she goes all judge, jury, and executioner on a bunch of flunkies first. That also happens a lot. So much for the ideals of the Jedi. More glaring inconsistencies.

But, back on the point we were discussing, Ahsoka was able to fight Vader almost to a standstill. She would have lost in the end (because everyone has to lose to Vader except Luke in the end...plot), and was saved by Ezra. She would also have gone through the Dark Troopers like they were paper-mache. She could have probably held her own against Luke for quite a while.

Din was about two steps and two seconds from being cut in two. He's alive because that's what the plot said. Had he been one of the faceless Mandalorian cohort that trained him (and that he was no better than), she would have cut down several in the space of that scene.

And that's the problem with arguing who would beat who in any genre of media. Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris. Superman vs Batman. Din vs Ahsoka. Who does the plot say wins? Can you really make a compelling argument of any kind as to who, in our warped imaginations would win any given confrontation between fictional super-beings (Bruce and Chuck included)? Our favorite will win, because that's what our imagination wants to happen, and we'll always come up with some convoluted reason why.

Thank you for putting into words what I could not.   I'm going to borrow this for a different forum!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm hoping these series all end up tied together as a set of feature films that all but erase the fuckups that were the sequels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they okay it like they did the Defenders, the End Game could be an entire season of its own.

That would be a writing challenge, as (at least with Marvel) they've always made a point to try to tell stories that could be followed by people not bought into the whole universe. Have too much backstory on streaming, exposition needed to make the follow-up story also stand alone on film can be tricky.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone checked out The Gallery?

I am a few episodes in.. Through The Volume IIRC. That stage is fucking awesome. Setting up the live action part of that stage is why they can't crank out more or longer episodes as much as we wish they could. THAT is the future of movie making and it is limitless.

Damn, I hate that bitch KK. The episodes with the directors and the tech are good, but any round tables with her SUCK.

Years ago, a boss of mine mentioned that I needed to use "we" and not "I" when communicating with customers, vendors, or the like. Give credit for your work to the TEAM.

That bitch does the opposite, she uses "we" to take credit for work others did. You can see Favreau and Filoni biting their tongues every time "Kathy" says we.

I hope she is gone forever after her contract is up.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You and I can be friends.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

One of my issues with Maul was they did not give him an apprentice after The Clone Wars....he was trying to corrupt Ezra in Rebels...but to me giving him an apprentice to carry on the Sith after the death of Palpatine and Vader was a mistake....and a scene at the end of TRoS with Maul's apprentice and an apprentice to him/her would have been interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fair point. He seemed enamored with his former master's plan once he realized how it was to unfold.  Almost giddy about finally understanding how every piece of the puzzle fit together. His own lust for power put him on a collision course with Sidious though as he was causing trouble and drawing attention.  

Still, a story told from his point of view would be amazing, even if it casts him as an antihero. He's not though, cause he's a Sith. Doing good is not in their nature.  It would be far more interesting exploring his rule of Mandalore and control of the various crime families. Basically a space Godfather, I guess.

That would have been infinitely better than recycling Sidious.  Unlike his former master, Maul sought to consolidate power throughout the underworld to have the hidden power and influence of the crime families for himself. He, and his successor(s), would have been formidable opponents with that kind of backing.  Further, unlike Palpatine, he could openly threaten innocents to use as leverage, effectively holding entire planets as hostages.

Hell, with just his little impromptu coalition he was able to conquer Mandalore remarkably quick.  Imagine if he could have expanded that power throughout the outer rim.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm willing to bet you are a lot of fun at parties.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Has anyone checked out The Gallery?

I am a few episodes in.. Through The Volume IIRC. That stage is fucking awesome. Setting up the live action part of that stage is why they can't crank out more or longer episodes as much as we wish they could. THAT is the future of movie making and it is limitless.

Damn, I hate that bitch KK. The episodes with the directors and the tech are good, but any round tables with her SUCK.

Years ago, a boss of mine mentioned that I needed to use "we" and not "I" when communicating with customers, vendors, or the like. Give credit for your work to the TEAM.

That bitch does the opposite, she uses "we" to take credit for work others did. You can see Favreau and Filoni biting their tongues every time "Kathy" says we.

I hope she is gone forever after her contract is up.

View Quote

Yeah, watched several episodes and will watch more. Really cool to see the interviews with the writers/directors.

Also, KK sucks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I guess you'll always have the Rey movies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I just worry a little that Luke is going to succumb to the abused child syndrome and visit all the abuse Yoda heaped onto him onto poor Baby Yoda.
View Quote

Its going to suck for Baby Yoda when Luke makes Grogu carry him around in a backpack.  Those little feet are going to be working over time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Loved this season
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read somewhere that’s exactly the plan
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Well,I see some upset people   To me,this suffered from the exact same issue as the ending of Lord of the Rings making it all an adventure that didn’t really need to happen.

So,what was Luke doing in the meantime? Is he like a super space cop keeping his skills sharp by mowing down hoards of baddies for practice? The way he went through the stupid looking dark troopers showed he doesn’t have to put any real effort into anything as they were even worse at fighting him than the 3 year olds with wiffle bats storm troopers are at fighting everyone else. Was he just sitting at home watching space TV? Reading books? With all his free time he never went back to Tatooine to spend 5 minutes cleaning up the place?

My overall problem is that some of the good guys should have died to actually mean something. This was pretty much a war without any real sacrifice,just some inconvenience ???????  

I do get it,it’s about making Star Wars something other than what it became and I’m a stick in the mud.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That would have been infinitely better than recycling Sidious.  Unlike his former master, Maul sought to consolidate power throughout the underworld to have the hidden power and influence of the crime families for himself. He, and his successor(s), would have been formidable opponents with that kind of backing.  Further, unlike Palpatine, he could openly threaten innocents to use as leverage, effectively holding entire planets as hostages.

Hell, with just his little impromptu coalition he was able to conquer Mandalore remarkably quick.  Imagine if he could have expanded that power throughout the outer rim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sidious would still have been recycled...I am just saying a scene at the end after Sidious is killed and the big victory celebration they cut back to Exegol and we see that the Sith are not dead because of Maul's line of Sith Lords.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#50]
This EP of Mando was the best Star Wars since the Vader scene in Rogue one. R1 was a great SW movie. This EP is how SW movies should be made.

Anyone else thing we will see a Jedi Academy? Luke, Grogu, Kylo and a few others. Will Grogu escape Kylo's wrath?
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top