Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Order 88?  Was that the order to kill all the Jedi of color or something?
View Quote

88/66, whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Boba HUT?
View Quote

Yep

Works for me.  

BTW, Disney has self cancelled their own shitty sequels in one 46min Mandolorian episode.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If people cancel. We won’t get more. I liked it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Virtue signaling aside, if this is the kind of content they're providing, I'm happy to support it.

Canceling after a show ends signals that said show is good but the rest of the offerings are not.

It’s a very specific message and the only language that both sides understand, leading to the answer of “make more like it and distribute across the year”.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Per Fandom
If Jango Fett was not considered a Mandalorian, he could not have trained his clone Boba to be one.  Apparently he wore the armor, but was not a member of the religion.  There is also the idea about honor and code, which Jango apparently did not adhere to.
View Quote

Jango was a foundling but as an adult he did shady stuff. The final straw was providing genetic material to build a army for the Jedi.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep

Works for me.  

BTW, Disney has self cancelled their own shitty sequels in one 46min Mandolorian episode.
View Quote

Where do you see the canceling?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Luke saved girls. Girl didn’t just get the sword because she didn’t earn it.

I don’t care about the girl power thing but KK did and shoved it up the fans’ collective asses.

This episode undid some of that because the gifts weren’t just given like in the sequels.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Canceling after a show ends signals that said show is good but the rest of the offerings are not.

It’s a very specific message and the only language that both sides understand, leading to the answer of “make more like it and distribute across the year”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Virtue signaling aside, if this is the kind of content they're providing, I'm happy to support it.

Hence the absolute spate of new SW content coming in the next couple years. Same for Marvel.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don’t care about the girl power thing but KK did and shoved it up the fans’ collective asses.

This episode undid some of that because the gifts weren’t just given like in the sequels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah ok I get it now. I’m so focused on shitcanning the latest trilogy I thought that’s what you were talking about.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched last night in the middle of the night and woke the wife unit up yelling Mother fn Luke Skywalker!  Yes Fuck You KK.  I admit I was a bit teary seeing that it was him who answered the call.  I know CGI, but damn that was amazing seeing that green light saber ripping through the corridors and owning all that stood in the way.  The episode and the season were great. The Madolorian has saved the franchise and Jon Favreau should be given the keys to what over comes next.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ah ok I get it now. I’m so focused on shitcanning the latest trilogy I thought that’s what you were talking about.
View Quote

Canceling in today’s vernacular is what us old folks called marginalizing.

There are already discussion popping up on the net that the sequels are not cannon and don’t count. From the stars and the current crop of Disney insiders.  

Disney sees the errors they made because of the success of Mandolorian. I think the light came on last Christmas when baby Yoda toys were in demand but Disney wasn’t prepared to sell them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone else notice the scene with Grogu and Luke was the first time they've used the Force Theme music during the whole series?  I got chills.

Star Wars: The Force Theme - John Williams (1 Hour Loop)

The look on Moff Gideon's face when he realized a Jedi was coming was... fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Luke even had a line about it.

"Talent without training is shit"
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did anyone else notice the scene with Grogu and Luke was the first time they've used the Force Theme music during the whole series?  I got chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1937VEYguI

The look on Moff Gideon's face when he realized a Jedi was coming was... fucking awesome.
View Quote

I'm still a little giddy, I initially felt Moff was too rigid in his bearing but it worked.  And even the verbage they used, about Grogu'a blood bringing order was just a tiny tease about Grogu'a blood being the foundation for the sith cloning.  And Luke's dig at Rey, spot on.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Jango was a foundling but as an adult he did shady stuff. The final straw was providing genetic material to build a army for the Jedi.
View Quote
I wouldn't say the Clones were built for the Jedi, rather for the Republic and more specifically for Papatine so he could use the against the Jedi.

Let's just say it's complicated.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Per Fandom
If Jango Fett was not considered a Mandalorian, he could not have trained his clone Boba to be one.  Apparently he wore the armor, but was not a member of the religion.  There is also the idea about honor and code, which Jango apparently did not adhere to.
View Quote

Yes, Almec said Jango wasn't a Mandalorian.  Doesn't make it true.  Sort of like when GD says Trump was re-elected.  Doesn't make it true.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say the Clones were built for the Jedi, rather for the Republic and more specifically for Papatine so he could use the against the Jedi.

Let's just say it's complicated.
View Quote

Maybe on legislative papers it would read that way but it was a Jedi that went to the closets and it was Jedi that generaled the clone army.

From mandalores perspective jango aided the enemy.

ETA: the use against the Jedi was super secret squirrel.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That was what I thought. Like the wrist rockets, too many at one time for them to block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But wasn't that whole point of Beskar, grappling hooks, backpack rockets and the like?  These were all gadgets the Mandalorians developed to even the playing field against the Jedi.
That was what I thought. Like the wrist rockets, too many at one time for them to block.

In the end, it's kind of a pointless discussion.

The winner is whoever the author/writer decides it is. If a Mandalorian fires off his Whistling Birds and downs a Jedi/Sith or two, it's because the story needed it to happen. He's either the hero, or the villain. If, on the other hand, the Jedi/Sith held up their hand and stopped all the little missiles with telekinesis, or turned them back against the Mandalorian, it's because that's what the writer wanted to happen.

Trying to get consistency out of dozens (hundreds?) of authors over a 40+ year time span isn't really possible. Lucas tried...for a long time everything had to be approved by Lucasfilm, or even by him personally. Eventually that devolved into "don't fuck up what George has already written and you're fine."

For the most part, though, the media portrays the Jedi/Sith as literally superhuman (superalien?). They can accomplish anything and everything with the Force, if they have the will. If they fail, it's because they needed to for the plot or character development journey. The hero or villain can block incoming blaster bolts from a dozen stormtroopers or droids or whatever, but the secondary characters die.

A perfect example is falling. Jedi/Sith can throw themselves out of moving aircraft, fall hundreds or thousands of feet, and land safely in a superhero pose. But when you need one of them to die, you toss them off a building. Maybe after cutting off a limb, but still...the glaring inconsistencies are deeply embedded.

The same thing happens in the philosophy. The Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers, non-violent, etc. etc. etc., but they never fail to use violence to solve a problem. They're control freaks, and the instant they feel control slipping away, a lightsaber comes out, and the bodies hit the floor. Or, sometimes, that's the go-to-first. Look at Ahsoka in this season of the Mandalorian.

Did she have to run through the forest and literally murder a dozen troopers before approaching the gate to give her demands? Couldn't she, basically being an invincible ninja, have crept into the main compound, cut down the two guard droids as she dropped in, reflected a blaster bolt into Michael Biehn's face, and beat down the woman, all before anyone could have realized what had happened? It's happened before, many times in the shows. Sneak in, maybe have to fight out. Instead, she goes all judge, jury, and executioner on a bunch of flunkies first. That also happens a lot. So much for the ideals of the Jedi. More glaring inconsistencies.

But, back on the point we were discussing, Ahsoka was able to fight Vader almost to a standstill. She would have lost in the end (because everyone has to lose to Vader except Luke in the end...plot), and was saved by Ezra. She would also have gone through the Dark Troopers like they were paper-mache. She could have probably held her own against Luke for quite a while.

Din was about two steps and two seconds from being cut in two. He's alive because that's what the plot said. Had he been one of the faceless Mandalorian cohort that trained him (and that he was no better than), she would have cut down several in the space of that scene.

And that's the problem with arguing who would beat who in any genre of media. Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris. Superman vs Batman. Din vs Ahsoka. Who does the plot say wins? Can you really make a compelling argument of any kind as to who, in our warped imaginations would win any given confrontation between fictional super-beings (Bruce and Chuck included)? Our favorite will win, because that's what our imagination wants to happen, and we'll always come up with some convoluted reason why.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe on legislative papers it would read that way but it was a Jedi that went to the closets and it was Jedi that generaled the clone army.

From mandalores perspective jango aided the enemy.

ETA: the use against the Jedi was super secret squirrel.
View Quote
The worse part about TCW is we knew who Palatine was. But there was no way around that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've always taken that to mean there are always two, a master and apprentice and not just one acting alone. That was the context of the discussion, and even at that point in time there were at least two pair, Sidious and Maul, Dooku and Ventriss.
View Quote

Yeah that was my take as well.   And TCW proved that one can be a "dark side Force user" and not be an actual "Sith" - Ventriss was a good example.    Dooku fired her as an apprentice, but he failed to kill her.  So she was still running around doing Sith-like stuff with the dark side.... but she was no longer "in the club".

Same thing with Ahsoka on the light side.   No longer a "Jedi".

The Force is available to every living thing. The Jedi tried to monopolize it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So, I guess it comes down to this.

Would he have gotten to speak without his armor?
With his armor, how much longer do you think he'd have lasted?

Remember, Ahsoka has run through Mandalorians like shit though a goose before. Real ones. The Watch. The ones that trained him.

Without their armor, they're Death Troopers. Special Forces, the best of the best, highly trained warriors. Mandalorians.

Against a Jedi, they're nothing but Luke running through Dark Troopers or Pong Krell running through Clones. The only reason Din has arms left is because of his armor. Without that, he's simply another corpse at her feet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except Mando has already seen Ahsoka defeat that chick with the speer

Mando has no idea how good that lady was in combat. He's already fought Ahsoka to a draw without the spear and her having 2 sabers.

100% wrong. His beskar armor fought Ahsoka to a draw for long enough to talk to her. Without that, he'd be a rapidly cooling gut pile. Just like everyone else a skilled Jedi fought. It's one of the problems with having Jedi, actually.

Din wasn't injured, Ahsoka wasn't injured. I'd like to hear your definition of a draw. Again, from Mando's perspective a light saber isn't all that special.

So, I guess it comes down to this.

Would he have gotten to speak without his armor?
With his armor, how much longer do you think he'd have lasted?

Remember, Ahsoka has run through Mandalorians like shit though a goose before. Real ones. The Watch. The ones that trained him.

Without their armor, they're Death Troopers. Special Forces, the best of the best, highly trained warriors. Mandalorians.

Against a Jedi, they're nothing but Luke running through Dark Troopers or Pong Krell running through Clones. The only reason Din has arms left is because of his armor. Without that, he's simply another corpse at her feet.

I love the show but,  NERDS
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah that was my take as well.   And TCW proved that one can be a "dark side Force user" and not be an actual "Sith" - Ventriss was a good example.    Dooku fired her as an apprentice, but he failed to kill her.  So she was still running around doing Sith-like stuff with the dark side.... but she was no longer "in the club".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always taken that to mean there are always two, a master and apprentice and not just one acting alone. That was the context of the discussion, and even at that point in time there were at least two pair, Sidious and Maul, Dooku and Ventriss.

That's not really the "canon" interpretation. The Rule of Two literally means there are two, a Master and an Apprentice, and no more.

Rule of Two

But that only applies to the actual Sith, or the ones that call themselves that, anyway. There could be a thousand fallen Jedi, dark-side Force users, etc. running around, but only two "Sith." Dooku broke that rule when he took Ventress as his apprentice. The only reason it matters is because the strategy worked...the single Sith Lord worked his way up to the position of Emperor, and had an apprentice tagging along (Maul/Dooku/Vader). He brought balance to the Force by destroying the Jedi Order, so the numbers of light and dark side Force users suddenly became a lot more...equal.

But if the Sith HADN'T succeeded, the Rule of Two would have been essentially meaningless. Anyone who wanted to could have called themselves "Sith." I'd expect that at some point in the previous few thousand years, some fringe Force sensitive came across a Sith holocron and started styling themselves as "Sith," and taking an apprentice, at the same time the official "Sith" were somewhere else in the galaxy. Maybe several times.

It's just a title, and a self-taken one at that. Palpatine would have been equally as evil and effective without it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#22]
This just popped up in my newsfeed.

Boba Fatt series is separate from Season 3.

Good news, looks like.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good news, looks like.
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Good, though it does seem strange that they’re going to release both in 12/21.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And Luke's dig at Rey, spot on.  
View Quote

I guess I missed that, what are you referring to?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

"....strong with the force, but talent without training is nothing
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The winner is whoever the author/writer decides it is. If a Mandalorian fires off his Whistling Birds and downs a Jedi/Sith or two, it's because the story needed it to happen. He's either the hero, or the villain. If, on the other hand, the Jedi/Sith held up their hand and stopped all the little missiles with telekinesis, or turned them back against the Mandalorian, it's because that's what the writer wanted to happen.

Trying to get consistency out of dozens (hundreds?) of authors over a 40+ year time span isn't really possible. Lucas tried...for a long time everything had to be approved by Lucasfilm, or even by him personally. Eventually that devolved into "don't fuck up what George has already written and you're fine."

For the most part, though, the media portrays the Jedi/Sith as literally superhuman (superalien?). They can accomplish anything and everything with the Force, if they have the will. If they fail, it's because they needed to for the plot or character development journey. The hero or villain can block incoming blaster bolts from a dozen stormtroopers or droids or whatever, but the secondary characters die.

A perfect example is falling. Jedi/Sith can throw themselves out of moving aircraft, fall hundreds or thousands of feet, and land safely in a superhero pose. But when you need one of them to die, you toss them off a building. Maybe after cutting off a limb, but still...the glaring inconsistencies are deeply embedded.

The same thing happens in the philosophy. The Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers, non-violent, etc. etc. etc., but they never fail to use violence to solve a problem. They're control freaks, and the instant they feel control slipping away, a lightsaber comes out, and the bodies hit the floor. Or, sometimes, that's the go-to-first. Look at Ahsoka in this season of the Mandalorian.

Did she have to run through the forest and literally murder a dozen troopers before approaching the gate to give her demands? Couldn't she, basically being an invincible ninja, have crept into the main compound, cut down the two guard droids as she dropped in, reflected a blaster bolt into Michael Biehn's face, and beat down the woman, all before anyone could have realized what had happened? It's happened before, many times in the shows. Sneak in, maybe have to fight out. Instead, she goes all judge, jury, and executioner on a bunch of flunkies first. That also happens a lot. So much for the ideals of the Jedi. More glaring inconsistencies.

But, back on the point we were discussing, Ahsoka was able to fight Vader almost to a standstill. She would have lost in the end (because everyone has to lose to Vader except Luke in the end...plot), and was saved by Ezra. She would also have gone through the Dark Troopers like they were paper-mache. She could have probably held her own against Luke for quite a while.

Din was about two steps and two seconds from being cut in two. He's alive because that's what the plot said. Had he been one of the faceless Mandalorian cohort that trained him (and that he was no better than), she would have cut down several in the space of that scene.

And that's the problem with arguing who would beat who in any genre of media. Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris. Superman vs Batman. Din vs Ahsoka. Who does the plot say wins? Can you really make a compelling argument of any kind as to who, in our warped imaginations would win any given confrontation between fictional super-beings (Bruce and Chuck included)? Our favorite will win, because that's what our imagination wants to happen, and we'll always come up with some convoluted reason why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But wasn't that whole point of Beskar, grappling hooks, backpack rockets and the like?  These were all gadgets the Mandalorians developed to even the playing field against the Jedi.

Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi, she left the order.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

"talent without training is useless"

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good news, looks like.
View Quote
The show is called "THE Mandalorian" not "Mandalorians". With the addition of Bo'Katan and
her crew and Boba Fett it could have easily went that way. Din needs his own show and
he should not to be overshadowed by more notable Mandos.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

They might tie in together sequentially, like when Stargate Atlantis and SG1 were airing back to back.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s one to talk.
He had what? A couple of weeks training before he proclaimed himself a Jedi Knight?

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They might tie in together sequentially, like when Stargate Atlantis and SG1 were airing back to back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, that would be interesting.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

True, but after all the Jedi were wiped out, you could argue she is more of a Jedi than Luke. She certainly had more training.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

True, but after all the Jedi were wiped out, you could argue she is more of a Jedi than Luke. She certainly had more training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is the more powerful Jedi, Mandalorian Ahsoka or Mandalorian Luke?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Depends on who's writing a particular episode.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

At that point in the timeline, I think Ahsoka would wipe the floor with Luke.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based on what was shown?

Luke, by far.  Luke wasted like 20 some dark troopers without breaking a sweat. Ashoka needed Dins help to take out half a dozen low level thugs and had trouble beating a middle aged socker mom that was ruling her own little space HOA.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is the only force user to do what she did to get the white kyber crystals.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Definitely needed more scissoring.

Katee Sackhoff and Gina Carano are at least some tough ladies.
View Quote

I can accept that....
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Based on what was shown?

Luke, by far.  Luke wasted like 20 some dark troopers without breaking a sweat. Ashoka needed Dins help to take out half a dozen low level thugs and had trouble beating a middle aged socker mom that was ruling her own little space HOA.
View Quote

Ahsoka was trying to get information, not clear out a petty criminal den. That means the leader can't escape or die. Ahsoka ended her duel with the lady pretty quick once she decided to get serious and was very efficient with the guards in the forest.
They're probably pretty close at this point.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Based on what was shown?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what was shown?

I’m still trying to get back into TCW so I can’t really comment on Ahsokas abilities beyond what I’ve seen so far.

Luke fought like his father. The hallway scene against the Dark Troopers IMHO was a direct play on Vader’s ass kicking scene from Rogue One. Like he’s been training with dads Force ghost since RotJ. So IDK.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

Paul Bateman’s screen name?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally got to watch the finale. Holy shit this is totally redeeming the frnachise. I'm in my 40's so grew up with it from the beginning so The Mandalorian has been a breath of fresh air from the KK assfuckery I've had to endure with the last trilogy.

p.s. i'm not crying YOUR'E CRYING.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Don’t know, but that’s outstanding news.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Typical Arfcom fashion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#49]
On Friday I watched the last episode and re watched again this afternoon.

They hit it out of the park!

This season has been excellent but this one episode was ten times better than the last three movies.

Redemption for the franchise that has been a disaster except for the first three movies and Rebels.

I bought the subscription to Commie Disney+ so that my granddaughter could watch it when she visited us.  It is worth the subscription for the Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Hell fucking yeah.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top