BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 214
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've never understood the hate for Rogue One or even Solo. They are EASILY superior to Episodes 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Solo was just fun entertainment in the SW universe, and Rogue One was a good movie that gave us a semi-legitimate reason for the weakness of the first Death Star (even though that doesn't really hold up to serious scrutiny...are we supposed to believe one engineer was completely responsible for the entire design with zero oversight?).

Anyway, I enjoy more SW that isn't total shit, but I really can't wait for them to be done sucking fanboi cock and give up on the Skywalker/Palpatine era and saga.

Lets go back to the Old Republic, or even the High Republic, and tell some original tales with completely new characters we can all grow to love/hate and argue about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This EP of Mando was the best Star Wars since the Vader scene in Rogue one. R1 was a great SW movie. This EP is how SW movies should be made.

Anyone else thing we will see a Jedi Academy? Luke, Grogu, Kylo and a few others. Will Grogu escape Kylo's wrath?

They just need to do their own thing a pretend those shit movies do not exist.

I've never understood the hate for Rogue One or even Solo. They are EASILY superior to Episodes 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Solo was just fun entertainment in the SW universe, and Rogue One was a good movie that gave us a semi-legitimate reason for the weakness of the first Death Star (even though that doesn't really hold up to serious scrutiny...are we supposed to believe one engineer was completely responsible for the entire design with zero oversight?).

Anyway, I enjoy more SW that isn't total shit, but I really can't wait for them to be done sucking fanboi cock and give up on the Skywalker/Palpatine era and saga.

Lets go back to the Old Republic, or even the High Republic, and tell some original tales with completely new characters we can all grow to love/hate and argue about.

Solo is utter SJW bullshit. R1 was a good fit, and I enjoyed it. But I'd rather have 789 than Solo. Worst Star Wars movie ever.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Solo is utter SJW bullshit. R1 was a good fit, and I enjoyed it. But I'd rather have 789 than Solo. Worst Star Wars movie ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This EP of Mando was the best Star Wars since the Vader scene in Rogue one. R1 was a great SW movie. This EP is how SW movies should be made.

Anyone else thing we will see a Jedi Academy? Luke, Grogu, Kylo and a few others. Will Grogu escape Kylo's wrath?

The fact you call Solo utter SJW bullshit then say you’d rather have 789 means you clearly have no idea what the fuck you’re saying.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

“Only Master Windu could use that sort of language. I knew Master Windu. I trained with Master Windu. You are no motherfuckin’ Master Windu.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just worry a little that Luke is going to succumb to the abused child syndrome and visit all the abuse Yoda heaped onto him onto poor Baby Yoda.

Its going to suck for Baby Yoda when Luke makes Grogu carry him around in a backpack.  Those little feet are going to be working over time.

With Luke screaming "There is no try motherfucker there is only do!"

“Only Master Windu could use that sort of language. I knew Master Windu. I trained with Master Windu. You are no motherfuckin’ Master Windu.”

I was really hoping in EpIII that Mace Windu would shout at Anakin "DOES HE.... LOOK LIKE.... A SITH?"
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Has anyone watched the reaction videos on YouTube? Genuine tears from grown men and women, it was honestly beautiful to see. That show really impacted normal fans. The men seemed more impacted by Luke and the women more impacted by the parting of Grogu from Din. However, I saw one generation Z lady cry  when seeing Luke. It’s amazing how much Star Wars resonates with people from multiple generations and walks of life.

Disney executives have no clue how important Luke was to the fan base until now. They’ve got something very powerful. People wanted to see real Luke so badly it was like he was Space Jesus or something. If Disney had treated Luke with that kind of respect they would have made conservatively three times as much money off the sequel trilogy.
View Quote

the Star Wars movies are the modern equivalent of Homeric tales and Greek myths that the culture uses to transmit civilizational values of good and evil, heroism and villainy, selfishness and sacrifice.

The Myceneans of 3500 years ago would have completely understood Darth Vader's choice at the end of ROTJ:  Obey his master and never find redemption, or save his son, find redemption, but die.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Solo wasn't bad. It just suffered from bad timing on it's release. I watched it twice within the last year and watching it without being totally butthurt and shut down on star wars like I was after EP8 when it first came out; it is a pretty fun movie. I don't think it's as good as R1 is but it's not a total turd either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The fact you call Solo utter SJW bullshit then say you’d rather have 789 means you clearly have no idea what the fuck you’re saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

They did more to destroy Han and Lando, and the Falcon in that movie than KK did in 789. That fucking ebonics robot whose sole reason to exist was "slavery bad" mmmk. That - and to turn lando into some sort of dude who would fuck anything. It was embarrassing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wrong.

They did more to destroy Han and Lando, and the Falcon in that movie than KK did in 789. That fucking ebonics robot whose sole reason to exist was "slavery bad" mmmk. That - and to turn lando into some sort of dude who would fuck anything. It was embarrassing.
View Quote

You saw what did with Luke right?

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

ETA: Maybe it's easier for me to push 789 out the window because they still havent been written though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

Trying to forget.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah that was my take as well.   And TCW proved that one can be a "dark side Force user" and not be an actual "Sith" - Ventriss was a good example.    Dooku fired her as an apprentice, but he failed to kill her.  So she was still running around doing Sith-like stuff with the dark side.... but she was no longer "in the club".

Same thing with Ahsoka on the light side.   No longer a "Jedi".

The Force is available to every living thing. The Jedi tried to monopolize it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always taken that to mean there are always two, a master and apprentice and not just one acting alone. That was the context of the discussion, and even at that point in time there were at least two pair, Sidious and Maul, Dooku and Ventriss.

Yeah that was my take as well.   And TCW proved that one can be a "dark side Force user" and not be an actual "Sith" - Ventriss was a good example.    Dooku fired her as an apprentice, but he failed to kill her.  So she was still running around doing Sith-like stuff with the dark side.... but she was no longer "in the club".

Same thing with Ahsoka on the light side.   No longer a "Jedi".

The Force is available to every living thing. The Jedi tried to monopolize it.
The Jedi are the gun controllers of the SW universe  "Good for me but not for thee."
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

You’re still wrong. While I’ll admit that Solo had its flaws it was still a better movie than 7, 8 and 9 and I’ll maintain that the new sequel trilogy did more to destroy Star Wars than Solo ever could.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You’re still wrong. While I’ll admit that Solo had its flaws it was still a better movie than 7, 8 and 9 and I’ll maintain that the new sequel trilogy did more to destroy Star Wars than Solo ever could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

I can meet in the middle and just say they all sucked.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't believe no one posted this yet.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Anybody think that the Imperial Officer chick that’s had about 4 lines this season is supposed to be Sabine trying to infiltrate the Empire to find Thrawn and Ezra?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]

You mean this one?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Yes. She’s not been credited in any of the episodes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody think that the Imperial Officer chick that’s had about 4 lines this season is supposed to be Sabine trying to infiltrate the Empire to find Thrawn and Ezra?
View Quote

Since she got whacked on the bridge, with everyone else, I kind of doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t catch that, guess it was wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes. She’s not been credited in any of the episodes.
View Quote

Let's call her Officer Karen.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Let's call her Officer Karen.

View Quote

She's listed as "Comm's Officer".  So, doubt they had plans for a bigger role for her.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6884042/
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody think that the Imperial Officer chick that's had about 4 lines this season is supposed to be Sabine trying to infiltrate the Empire to find Thrawn and Ezra?

Did we see her get whacked?

I don't think they'd introduce Sabine like that.

I also don't think they'd cast someone so butch to play her.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GVGuzGF5Gj8/W2rLLUe4n-I/AAAAAAAJttE/KyXaLkYvf94B5J03xdYhnBn-KHfAR02GwCLcBGAs/s1600/54ff94fc705e4a91709acf23a4482c50.jpg

View Quote

I really don't think that is Sabine. If it was, why didn't she help out?  Doesn't Sabine know Bo Katan?  I think that female officer is dead.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because it was.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was really hoping in EpIII that Mace Windu would shout at Anakin "DOES HE.... LOOK LIKE.... A SITH?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just worry a little that Luke is going to succumb to the abused child syndrome and visit all the abuse Yoda heaped onto him onto poor Baby Yoda.

Its going to suck for Baby Yoda when Luke makes Grogu carry him around in a backpack.  Those little feet are going to be working over time.

With Luke screaming "There is no try motherfucker there is only do!"

"Only Master Windu could use that sort of language. I knew Master Windu. I trained with Master Windu. You are no motherfuckin' Master Windu."

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Because it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was.
Oh, I see it now on the previous page.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because it was.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I really don't think that is Sabine. If it was, why didn't she help out?  Doesn't Sabine know Bo Katan?  I think that female officer is dead.
View Quote
I rewatched them storming the bridge. Remember that Gideon knew they were coming (BECAUSE MANDO FUCKING TOLD HIM) so any essential people wouldn't be on the bridge.

It was just a bunch of stormtroopers (cannon fodder) and one officer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But, it’s still 133 episodes. Not just one each week, or a season or two. That’s a lot of viewing time.

In the run up to Endgame, I caught up on the essential movies in about six weeks, and it was a chore. A fun chore, but an effort nonetheless. I had seen Iron Man, Captain America I, and Avengers I at that point. I watched Thor, Winter Soldier, Ultron, Civil War, Black Panther, Ragnarok, Ant Man and Infinity War in that time.   I missed a lot of the fun by not watching it spread out over the years and catching all the reveals and references.

I feel like watching TCW now would provide some background, but I have already missed the magic.

And when I tried watching a couple years ago, even my toddlers didn’t like season 1, and they only cared about motion and color then.

If I get injured, or quarantined, I might watch. But I’m just as likely to read the Wikipedia summaries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lot of "throwaway" episodes, but even in those there's usually some form of plot/character development for the overall series. Skipping them just leads to confusion. If you really can't be bothered to sit through a 20-minute episode that you don't really think you like a few times a season, how do you get through ANY SHOW on modern media today? If you like every single episode of a series, it probably means every single episode of a series is exactly the same.

But, it’s still 133 episodes. Not just one each week, or a season or two. That’s a lot of viewing time.

In the run up to Endgame, I caught up on the essential movies in about six weeks, and it was a chore. A fun chore, but an effort nonetheless. I had seen Iron Man, Captain America I, and Avengers I at that point. I watched Thor, Winter Soldier, Ultron, Civil War, Black Panther, Ragnarok, Ant Man and Infinity War in that time.   I missed a lot of the fun by not watching it spread out over the years and catching all the reveals and references.

I feel like watching TCW now would provide some background, but I have already missed the magic.

And when I tried watching a couple years ago, even my toddlers didn’t like season 1, and they only cared about motion and color then.

If I get injured, or quarantined, I might watch. But I’m just as likely to read the Wikipedia summaries.

Sorry, man, can't help you. 133 20-minute episodes is under 45 hours. I didn't have any trouble getting through them all, but my life's probably a little different than most. I live alone, work 4-10's, and do whatever the fuck I want with my free time. I'd come home, get cleaned up, grab food and drink, and watch a few episodes before bed. I was done in well under a month, and that was without watching all that much on the weekends.

Most people's lives aren't structured that way, I get it. I split most of my free time between the outdoors, time with my folks, projects, binge-watching shows on streaming networks and games. There are huge breaks in my TV watching as I wait for new seasons of the shows I enjoy to drop, so it's pretty easy to go back and watch older stuff if I want.

But, if you have other people who also demand screen time, or less free time in general, I get it. You're going to be a while getting through it, and if you don't think it's any good, why would you bother?

Still...40-ish hours. A couple episodes a night, all of 40 minutes, you'd be done in 2 months, or a bit over. 3 months if you skipped weekends and such. It's doable, if you're into the show. If you're not, well...I guess you can read synopses on the toilet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I rewatched them storming the bridge. Remember that Gideon knew they were coming (BECAUSE MANDO FUCKING TOLD HIM) so any essential people wouldn't be on the bridge.

View Quote

Well, that is good point. True, we never did see her get taken out. I just thought they were using her station, with her key card thing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GVGuzGF5Gj8/W2rLLUe4n-I/AAAAAAAJttE/KyXaLkYvf94B5J03xdYhnBn-KHfAR02GwCLcBGAs/s1600/54ff94fc705e4a91709acf23a4482c50.jpg

View Quote

And hopefully someone with some better acting chops.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was.

Actually a few pages back. 190.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure she is a lesbian, in real life.  So, she may check a box off the production list.  I would be fine bringing her back, to satisfy that.  She has a minor part anyway.  I'd rather that, than one of the main characters be gay.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

She (it?) was probably just quota filler.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

She (it?) was probably just quota filler.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The show built two seasons on the foundation of the unlikely pairing of Din and Grogu.  The story arc is essentially completed with Grogu gone with Luke for training.  I don't know where they will go from here, unless something happens for Grogu to need picked back up by the Mandalorian.  We see neither Grogu or Din in the The Force Awakens, or hear anything about them.  I think it's going to take some good writing to make a third season to compare to the "lightning in the bottle" the first two ended up.  Or maybe it might create something to fill the space with between 6 and 7.
View Quote

Take out Baby Yoda and half the people who watch it will start to lose interest.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was.

Previous page? That's too far back. I ain't got time for that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Probably not her, the actress who did Sabine’s voice is wanting to join the show.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Take out Baby Yoda and half the people who watch it will start to lose interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The show built two seasons on the foundation of the unlikely pairing of Din and Grogu.  The story arc is essentially completed with Grogu gone with Luke for training.  I don't know where they will go from here, unless something happens for Grogu to need picked back up by the Mandalorian.  We see neither Grogu or Din in the The Force Awakens, or hear anything about them.  I think it's going to take some good writing to make a third season to compare to the "lightning in the bottle" the first two ended up.  Or maybe it might create something to fill the space with between 6 and 7.

I'm hopeful that the same creativity that gave us BY to get our interest in Seasons 1 and 2 will find a way to get our interest in other seasons.

If not the series will flop.

There is a lot of material in the Star Wars universe to work with so hopefully they will come up with something good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I always thought the whole rule of 2 thing was incredibly dumb.  You are trying to take over the entire galaxy with only one sidekick?  Plus, they seem to kick it to the side, whenever they want.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0a05114aff8a7dea2237c6244ad96091/tenor.gif?itemid=7844913
View Quote

Remember that Dark Jedi are NOT Sith.  Sith is an order.    It would be like having a mob boss and a number one to act as a hand.  The rest are just thugs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sorry, man, can't help you. 133 20-minute episodes is under 45 hours. I didn't have any trouble getting through them all, but my life's probably a little different than most. I live alone, work 4-10's, and do whatever the fuck I want with my free time. I'd come home, get cleaned up, grab food and drink, and watch a few episodes before bed. I was done in well under a month, and that was without watching all that much on the weekends.

Most people's lives aren't structured that way, I get it. I split most of my free time between the outdoors, time with my folks, projects, binge-watching shows on streaming networks and games. There are huge breaks in my TV watching as I wait for new seasons of the shows I enjoy to drop, so it's pretty easy to go back and watch older stuff if I want.

But, if you have other people who also demand screen time, or less free time in general, I get it. You're going to be a while getting through it, and if you don't think it's any good, why would you bother?

Still...40-ish hours. A couple episodes a night, all of 40 minutes, you'd be done in 2 months, or a bit over. 3 months if you skipped weekends and such. It's doable, if you're into the show. If you're not, well...I guess you can read synopses on the toilet.
View Quote

You make good points. One of the great things about this show, is that it has plenty of fan service while also being enjoyable for anyone. Most of my wife’s SW experience is the Family Guy version of 4,5 and 6, and she really likes The Mandalorian.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has anyone watched the reaction videos on YouTube? Genuine tears from grown men and women, it was honestly beautiful to see. That show really impacted normal fans. The men seemed more impacted by Luke and the women more impacted by the parting of Grogu from Din. However, I saw one generation Z lady cry  when seeing Luke. It’s amazing how much Star Wars resonates with people from multiple generations and walks of life.

Disney executives have no clue how important Luke was to the fan base until now. They’ve got something very powerful. People wanted to see real Luke so badly it was like he was Space Jesus or something. If Disney had treated Luke with that kind of respect they would have made conservatively three times as much money off the sequel trilogy.
View Quote

Straight joy from people.

Iger had no idea how bullshit it was to suggest people are burned out from Star Wars and that’s why the last movies underperformed.

We’re just burned out from bad Star Wars, and that’s all KK brought to the table with her SJW reimagining. Can’t wait for her ouster. I hope Rian Johnson succumbs to an infected hemorrhoid.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m on book 3 of the first thrawn series.  Awesome read.  

Any other great reads? Hopefully some knights of the old republic?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well, that is good point. True, we never did see her get taken out. I just thought they were using her station, with her key card thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She takes cover behind a console when they storm the bridge, and is seen dead on the floor during the conversation with Moff Gideon discussing the dark saber

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the Baby Yoda story arc is complete. I don't think they pick that up again for Season 3.

In the coming years we have multiple series set in the same timeframe - Season 3, Boba Fett, Ashoka, and the Rangers of the New Republic (maybe others). I am reasonably certain that unbeknownst to us Disney is quietly developing a feature film that will end up with the protagonists and supporting characters from all of these series engaged in one massive conflict against - probably - Thrawn. I am also reasonably certain this will involve Luke - doesn't it have to? - and they're figuring out some way to get him in there with better deepfaking or recasting. Mandalorian is the start of the MCU-of-Star Wars. Take that to the bank.

Also...Baby Yoda. Disney was smart to plant this seed. It's not likely he'll be at the Academy 20 years later (I mean criminy, how long does Luke have to look after the kid anyway?) when Kylo Ren sacks the place. But at some point there will undoubtedly be a series or movie set in the far-flung future (100 or 200 years, even) and he'll be there.

You haven't seen the last of any of these characters.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Remember that Dark Jedi are NOT Sith.  Sith is an order.    It would be like having a mob boss and a number one to act as a hand.  The rest are just thugs.
View Quote

Eh, its just a way to skirt the Rule of two.  They are still darkside force users, who follow the Sith.  Mob families have a lot of "Made men".  Its not just two guys.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She takes cover behind a console when they storm the bridge, and is seen dead on the floor during the conversation with Moff Gideon discussing the dark saber

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/57456969.jpg
View Quote

I thought she was toast.  I'm going to rewatch the episode to see if there are things I missed, the first time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You make good points. One of the great things about this show, is that it has plenty of fan service while also being enjoyable for anyone. Most of my wife’s SW experience is the Family Guy version of 4,5 and 6, and she really likes The Mandalorian.  

View Quote

Yeah, it's hard sometimes to get people interested, especially in such a time-sink as Star Wars or Star Trek. The Clone Wars, particularly from Season 4 onward, is literally the best Star Wars in forever, but you gotta get through some childish, cartoonish episodes once in a while, especially in the first couple seasons. Rebels is the same way for season 1, until Ezra stops being such a whiney brat.

If you skip those things though, you miss a ton of exposition, character building, etc. It's not that the later episodes are impossible to understand, it's more that you miss so much of the subtlety and inside information that they seem less well done. When you watch a later episode and go "WTF just happened?" it was probably explained a season ago. The stories continue.

On the pother hand, I personally think it's worth it. Nothing brings out the strong opinions like Star Wars and Star Trek. You don't see people wasting so much time and energy arguing which CSI series was best or whether NCIS or Law & Order are better.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Just finished up watching last night.  It was rather anticlimactic I thought. Had no idea how it was gonna end and then there's Luke all of a sudden.

How much was Mark Hamill paid for his voice over of another actor whose face was CG'ed over?  And can they try to tell a story that doesn't play strictly to the fan base?  Jeeshhh they can't get away from the Skywalker saga can they?

Rouge One was the last good movie because it didn't need the star wars saga at all, it was good movie on it's own.

Not a hater, I enjoyed the Mandalorian, but they need some original material that can stand on it's won.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anybody think that the Imperial Officer chick that's had about 4 lines this season is supposed to be Sabine trying to infiltrate the Empire to find Thrawn and Ezra?
View Quote
Seeing as Sabine is pretty well known to the Empire, I think she'd have a little trouble infiltrating.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top