Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read a theory out there that we may see Ashoka Tano toward the end of this series or perhaps sooner. She was always wrapped up with some kind of youngling bullshit... Ashoka is the top favorite Jedi(even though she is not a Jedi) by fans of all ages. Making a flick or real tv series about her could save the franchise from his sinking spiral.
View Quote
I could get into a Ashoka series.

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gina is bigger than him in his armor.

Your sjw comment, if referring to their fight is a bit odd.  It’s not sjw BS if Gina can really whip his ass.  Like I said earlier.  If it was some 90 pound girl who can’t pick up mandos helmet that would be some sjw BS.  But I didn’t see it there.  Or you were referring to something else?

Edit: I would let Gina have her way with me.
View Quote
Just the girl power through out. Which is fine, I'm just worried they'll ruin it eventually.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough crowd in GD as always... gotta remember this is star wars. It’s always going to be topped off with some stinky cheese. It’s just the way they do things...

Overall I like it.

I read a theory out there that we may see Ashoka Tano toward the end of this series or perhaps sooner. She was always wrapped up with some kind of youngling bullshit... Ashoka is the top favorite Jedi(even though she is not a Jedi) by fans of all ages. Making a flick or real tv series about her could save the franchise from his sinking spiral.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Captain-Marvel-Brie-Larson-wants-to-be-a-Jedi-in-next-Star-Wars-film/5-2259240/
If true, I’d rather they leave Ashoka’s character in the cartoons.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’d wear that.
View Quote
Love the peer pressure convincing him to spit out the frog Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
This was my least favorite episode so far, but I still enjoyed it and thought it was worthwhile to slow things down a bit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
ep4 meh....  let's not have that director again.  writers either plz...
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Episode answered the question about mando "never" removing the helmet.
But now I want to know where Bubba Gumps Mom learned how to shoot  like that
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ep4 meh....  let's not have that director again.  writers either plz...
View Quote
Jurassic World actress and Ron Howard’s daughter Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven’t seen the crocodile movie
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I liked it.

But it was a mix of Jurassic world and Magnificent Seven.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/8jRgvsI.png
View Quote
Rumor has it they want brie Larson to take the role of ashoka...
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#16]
At least Gina is believable as a brawler.

Too short for the ground covered this episode. It was too rushed for me to really enjoy but they did the best they could in the time allowed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, the trailer made us think this series would be darker and with more action.  My son's comment was there is no plot you care about so far (allowing for it to develop over time), and that this was not as good as the last few movies - which we both (and all  of GD) disliked.  The few action parts were good, but there was a lot of dead time walking around, and the cliche Star Wars cute alien bits (baby Yoda).  But they did show some of the cute aliens being roasted over a fire.  The flash backs to Mando's childhood looked interesting, but only a few glimpses of that action.

I think the reason the Mandolorians never take their helmets off is because once they start this practice upon acceptance into the clan they can never can wash their heads.  So, their greasy lice-ridden hair, and stinking, sweaty, pruned faces covered with bed sores would cause such laughter from the rest of the galaxy that the Mandos would wither in shame rather than fight.  But, this is the way, bro.

We are going to watch the latest episode tonight, but probably cancel Disney Plus after that.  It was too much to hope for a "Band of Brothers quality Star Wars spin off from Disney.  I guess I have to wait for others to tell me that baby Yoda is actually Yoda reincarnated, and that he comes back growing into as a pissed off Jedi assassin.
View Quote
It must suck to go through life as you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Let’s nerd out about Gina’s gun for a second. Is that a Nambu as the base weapon? Looks like a Type 14 grip, trigger guard and charging handle to me. Thoughts?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/8jRgvsI.png
Where’d you hear that rumor at?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Definitely meme template material.

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Let’s nerd out about Gina’s gun for a second. Is that a Nambu as the base weapon? Looks like a Type 14 grip, trigger guard and charging handle to me. Thoughts?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157935/220AD595-A6AC-44A5-AC82-E0DB108988B7_jpeg-1178161.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157935/228FB518-0751-4A68-8337-E7B9C67DF0BF_jpeg-1178158.JPG
View Quote
Nice catch that's exactly what it is
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I was really hoping his ship was gonna be stripped down by those Urukhai!  This is the second time he's parked his boat in some wide open spot and humped for days to his destination...wtf???  The next time he does that someone really needs to just drive off with it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was really hoping his ship was gonna be stripped down by those Urukhai!  This is the second time he's parked his boat in some wide open spot and humped for days to his destination...wtf???  The next time he does that someone really needs to just drive off with it.
View Quote
Yeah I have an issue with that. You would think that he would have some sort of automated defense system or something that would protect his ship while he parks it in the Goofy lot as he walks all the way into town
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah I have an issue with that. You would think that he would have some sort of automated defense system or something that would protect his ship while he parks it in the Goofy lot as he walks all the way into town
View Quote
He seemed to assume the planet was safe based on the computer description before landing Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He seemed to assume the planet was safe based on the computer description before landing https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/F0FD1130-8897-4795-BCC4-B652C6AD38AB_jpeg-1178190.JPG
View Quote
True but if there's one thing I've learned in the Starwars Universe no planet is safe LOL there's always some sort of criminal element.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Double
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#30]
At some point time I wanted addressed on how they're tracking YB.

At first I thought it might have been the basket thing he was in, but then that was disproved in episode 3. So obviously the kids got a tag on him somewhere
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

At first I thought it might have been the basket thing he was in, but then that was disproved in episode 3. So obviously the kids got a tag on him somewhere
View Quote
Jango Fett vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi HD
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Yes, you have. Happy Gilmore.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM
Well I guess it could be on the Razorcrest... but I got the impression the tag is on the kid not the ship
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well I guess it could be on the Razorcrest... but I got the impression the tag is on the kid not to ship
View Quote
I've been assuming the fobs are genetic, with a limited range.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well I guess it could be on the Razorcrest... but I got the impression the tag is on the kid not to ship
View Quote
Im thinking Carl Weathers character put it before he got shot Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Im thinking Carl Weathers character put it before he got shot https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8C0771EE-F4D7-4C81-8533-8F7CA4C9FF19_png-1178210.JPG
View Quote
Never thought of that. I wonder if those type of ships have transponders? I mean I would assume not
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Happy Gillmore....
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#38]
what in the Xena warrior princess bullshit was that?

Can we get back to bounty hunting and warlords.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
what in the Xena warrior princess bullshit was that?

Can we get back to bounty hunting and warlords.
View Quote
I counted 3 punches to his helmet one of which floored him to the ground. Any of those should have broke her hand. Punch to the throat or open hand grab the head and slam to ground okay maybe but they didn’t have her mount an AT-ST or 1 punch knockout “Mando” to the head so it’s not as bad as other SJW shit in comparison Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Happy Gillmore....
View Quote
Oh well I did see that, so it must be onset of early demensia
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#42]
As a parent, I love this expression when baby Yoda gets scolded Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#43]
That whole scene is great because we can all relate to it from each side of the equation.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I have two children a boy and a girl one who is a Marine out in California and a daughter who's a senior in high school. And I have seen that same expression many times when they were little LOL
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I could break the fight down punch, kick, throw, trap, etc. step by step but I decided to minimize my need to pick every film/tv fight with a girl and only complain about punching his helmet. In a “real fight” better she go for his neck like Mace Windu than break her hand on Beskar but this episode is especially targeted to kids so given that and in comparison to Batwoman I’ll pick my battles and just smile knowing baby Yoda was like “oh you 2 think you’re tough?”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gina is bigger than him in his armor.

Your sjw comment, if referring to their fight is a bit odd.  It’s not sjw BS if Gina can really whip his ass.  Like I said earlier.  If it was some 90 pound girl who can’t pick up mandos helmet that would be some sjw BS.  But I didn’t see it there.  Or you were referring to something else?

Edit: I would let Gina have her way with me.
I could break the fight down punch, kick, throw, trap, etc. step by step but I decided to minimize my need to pick every film/tv fight with a girl and only complain about punching his helmet. In a “real fight” better she go for his neck like Mace Windu than break her hand on Beskar but this episode is especially targeted to kids so given that and in comparison to Batwoman I’ll pick my battles and just smile knowing baby Yoda was like “oh you 2 think you’re tough?”
Her gloves have Beskar knuckle inserts.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That whole scene is great because we can all relate to it from each side of the equation.
View Quote
Mando flood switches flying the Razor Crest so banybYoda notices and probably emulates that.
Kids are so impressionable. My ex wife lives on her phone like 24/7 and I noticed my daughter when she was 2 {she’s turning 10 in a couple months} was following her around the house holding a flat plastic item I forgot, think it was a piece of my son’s toy sets and holding it to her ear like her Mom. But the world is so dangerous and or kids don’t understand what’s going on and that it’s not good for them
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've been assuming the fobs are genetic, with a limited range.
View Quote
I think they have the complete set biometrics of the bounty. That gets you 99% close and the chain code is to verify you have the correct person. Like the fob would get you to a building in Iceland that has 50 20yo males but you need to chain code because they are all going to be very similar bimetric wise.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Her gloves have Beskar knuckle inserts.
View Quote
Try punching a middle aged knights 14 guauge steel replica helmet with brass knuckles as hard as you can and see how it feels
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Edit-Beat
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top