Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have two children a boy and a girl one who is a Marine out in California and a daughter who's a senior in high school. And I have seen that same expression many times when they were little LOL
View Quote
Typical of kids, he defiantly keeps touching things after being warned
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought that episode was okay. Seems like he would have some kind of heavy guns mounted on his ship he could have shot the little walker with but that would have been a dull story.
View Quote
It does but A. It was a full day travel away and B. A good hit from the Walker could have put his ship in an situation where it could not be repaired.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two children a boy and a girl one who is a Marine out in California and a daughter who's a senior in high school. And I have seen that same expression many times when they were little LOL
Oh it's not just a domain that is exclusive to kids lol I've been known to do the same thing... much to the consternation of my wife.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Try punching a middle aged knights 14 guauge steel replica helmet with brass knuckles as hard as you can and see how it feels
View Quote
When I was a teen me and my friends were doing myth busters stuff we’d see in action movies. My friend Bob threw a ninja star into his twin brother’s leg when we were testing ninja equipment and it surprisingly went in so deep we had to take him to the hospital. He was trying to test if throwing a ninja star would knock a gun { We had a replica B.B. gun} out of your hand like the movies but he missed. We messed with whips after Indiana Jones and swords and armor after Willow
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to admit this series is pretty good. When does episode 4 come out ?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Next Friday. Friday's are when the new episodes drop
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
It’s out now, last 3 pages are spoilers of #4
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Next Friday. Friday's are when the new episodes drop
View Quote
Quoted:

It’s out now, last 3 pages are spoilers of #4
View Quote
Ah snap, thanks! Brb then
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Try punching a middle aged knights 14 guauge steel replica helmet with brass knuckles as hard as you can and see how it feels
View Quote
That's me in the green.  My helmet is 12 gauge.  I've been hit in the head with lots of shit.  I've had my bells rung, but nothing ever dropped me.

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ah snap, thanks! Brb then
View Quote
It’s released a little after midnight or rather 12:01 A.M. Friday so people are seeing it before the daytime or Friday evening
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's me in the green.  My helmet is 12 gauge.  I've been hit in the head with lots of shit.  I've had my bells rung, but nothing ever dropped me.

https://i.imgur.com/LhO1gUo.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, I really take issue with her dropping him with a head punch. I didn’t wanna go overboard and whine about the scene but that particular part of the fight was over the top ridiculous. I think the fight scene could have been choreographed without it but it’s like 1 minute of the episode so it’s not the end of the world and I don’t have any issues with Gina unlike Brie Larson
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It’s released a little after midnight or rather 12:01 A.M. Friday so people are seeing it before the daytime or Friday evening
View Quote
3 AM for us East Coast folks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Episode answered the question about mando "never" removing the helmet.
But now I want to know where Bubba Gumps Mom learned how to shoot  like that
View Quote
I was hoping it would be Iden Versio from SW: BF2.  Timing would be about right between the campaign story and the DLC.  Wouldn't also be a stretch since she probably went dark having a baby and wanting to be off the grid.  Changed her name and daughter's to protect themselves and the village.  The way she slowly raised her hand that she had shot before, grabbed the rifle and was very proficient with it when others struggled with blasters.  Plus Iden's father was pretty far up the chain so she would need to lie low after the events of the game, she probably was a pretty high value target.

That would explain a lot and tie in her story nicely.  If it isn't her, then there is a lot of backstory to explain because she was definitely more than she seemed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was hoping it would be Iden Versio from SW: BF2.  Timing would be about right between the campaign story and the DLC.  Wouldn't also be a stretch since she probably went dark having a baby and wanting to be off the grid.  Changed her name and daughter's to protect themselves and the village.  The way she slowly raised her hand that she had shot before, grabbed the rifle and was very proficient with it when others struggled with blasters.  Plus Iden's father was pretty far up the chain so she would need to lie low after the events of the game, she probably was a pretty high value target.

That would explain a lot and tie in her story nicely.  If it isn't her, then there is a lot of backstory to explain because she was definitely more than she seemed.
View Quote
That's a great hypothesis actually. I had her pegged as a ex Imperial
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
It wasnt the same actress though who played Iden for the mocap. And wasnt her story explained in cut scenes in game anyway?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, I really take issue with her dropping him with a head punch. I didn't wanna go overboard and whine about the scene but that particular part of the fight was over the top ridiculous.
View Quote
Maybe she got the bionic pimp hand like Luke and Anakin
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Dont remember Scout Walkers ever having those glowing red front windows, guess it was added for a more menacing look at night.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dont remember Scout Walkers ever having those glowing red front windows, guess it was added for a more menacing look at night.
View Quote
RGB LED internal lights are very popular amongst those that like to refurbish Imperial Walkers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
looked rather orkish.

Plot annoyed me though... why not sneak through the camp and just blow it up in their sleep.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMDb has her character named Omera.
Plus Versios husband was alive in this period.
Plus Versio was a pilot. You ever see an air force pilot handle a rifle like that?

Considering how much she knows about Mandalorian culture and her ability to handle a rifle and fight, I’m going to bet she’s either a Mandalorian or at least has had contact with the Mandalorians at some point in the past.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
looked rather orkish.

Plot annoyed me though... why not sneak through the camp and just blow it up in their sleep.
View Quote
Why not poison the food or water in the camp and then steal the AT-ST?
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
looked rather orkish.

Or just blow the AT-ST instead of the hut.

It would make more sense, but be a less exciting script.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
easy, they had two... blow one up then the other appears in front of them and chases them back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have we ever seen a scout walker operating at night onscreen?
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#27]
The Loth cat was a nice touch.
I've been binge watching Rebels the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
IMDb has her character named Omera. (yes, because A. that would be a spoiler and B. she changed her name for a  cover story.)
Plus Versios husband was alive in this period. (changed the name and status for cover story, they were apart for safety of the child)
Plus Versio was a pilot. You ever see an air force pilot handle a rifle like that?  (lol. I'll give you that, but she was more than a pilot being Inferno Squadron, and she handled it pretty well when I was in control.  )

Considering how much she knows about Mandalorian culture and her ability to handle a rifle and fight, I'm going to bet she's either a Mandalorian or at least has had contact with the Mandalorians at some point in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMDb has her character named Omera. (yes, because A. that would be a spoiler and B. she changed her name for a  cover story.)
Plus Versios husband was alive in this period. (changed the name and status for cover story, they were apart for safety of the child)
Plus Versio was a pilot. You ever see an air force pilot handle a rifle like that?  (lol. I'll give you that, but she was more than a pilot being Inferno Squadron, and she handled it pretty well when I was in control.  )

Considering how much she knows about Mandalorian culture and her ability to handle a rifle and fight, I'm going to bet she's either a Mandalorian or at least has had contact with the Mandalorians at some point in the past.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It wasnt the same actress though who played Iden for the mocap. And wasnt her story explained in cut scenes in game anyway?
View Quote
Characters change all the time between live and mocap/animated.  Same game Luke was played by the same actor that did Kylo.  Some are the actors, some aren't more than a voice.  Granted, games are more close to the person than they used to be but I doubt there is anything that would guarantee a character to be used the same in live action as a game, especially if it is set in a different place in the timeline.

As for the cut scenes it has been a while but I don't remember anything that would have placed her daughter as young as portrayed in Ep4.

Or again, it could easily be someone else with another mysterious backstory to fill.  She definitely caught Mandalorian's attention.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Boy I bet you're fun at parties and around the holidays.

You sound like the kind of guy that would turn down a blowjob from a hot girl just because she has a small piece of lettuce stuck in her teeth
View Quote
lol.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:29:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Loth cat was a nice touch.
I've been binge watching Rebels the last few weeks.
View Quote
I love baby Yoda’s WTF reaction Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Maybe she got the bionic pimp hand like Luke and Anakin
View Quote
Veteran possibly wounded losing a hand on Endor & the prosthetics are hard to tell from a normal hand, so that could be an answer
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Just finished episode 4. I’m still enjoying the series. I thought it was interesting that Bryce Dallas Howard directed the episode. I think she did a good job (Rob Howard’s daughter). I enjoyed Solo, which he directed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Weakest episode so far in terms of action, but I liked that they clarified some points about Mando culture etc.

The fight in the tent was a little corny, and I wish we’d gotten to see a little more in-depth battle against the raiders.

He seemed a little more laid back and human this episode, like you could tell he longed for a peaceful quiet life. I definitely wish these were 45-55 minutes long, I feel like just a few minutes of added substance would really make all the difference.

So far I put them at 3, 1, 2, 4. Still loving this series, my son and I are all in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Star wars is rife with cybernetics. I take no issue with a former shock trooper (someone very fucking likely to have augmented limbs) punching a mandalorian so hard it drives them to the ground.

Also, btw, Gena is bigger than that dude...
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:34:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Star wars is rife with cybernetics. I take no issue with a former shock trooper (someone very fucking likely to have augmented limbs) punching a mandalorian so hard it drives them to the ground.

Also, btw, Gena is bigger than that dude...
View Quote
She’s gained weight Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#37]
ETA I googled it.

The dude that plays the mandalorian, Pedro Pascal, is 5'11 and 160 lbs.

Dude is small.

So for folks talking about women beating up men and it not being realistic... The protagonist weighs 160lbs... Lol...

Irl Gena would whip that dude's ass

ETA 2.   Yes, I hate seeing the 98 lb chick in movies beating up dudes twice their weight. It's crap. But here we have two folks not all that different in size, and one of them is very likely augmented due to occupation... Easy to suspend disbelief.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Have we ever seen a scout walker operating at night onscreen?
View Quote
Well that's a good point. The forests of Endor were pretty bright come to think of it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well that's a good point. The forests of Endor were pretty bright come to think of it.
View Quote
red lights are common in tanks for night moves.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Realized at the end of the episode when the shot is fired “Mando” spins so he can shield the woman asking him to stay and pulls out his blaster. A lot more of people when they hear a shot instinctively just duck or run for cover or do anything but shield others. Also, Mando snuck up on Cara to drop the $ and suggest going to the remote farm, she pulled her blaster when he drops the bag of coins but at the end she snuck up on the bounty hunter targeting baby Yoda. None of this is a big deal but just observations I made
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ETA I googled it.

The dude that plays the mandalorian, Pedro Pascal, is 5'11 and 160 lbs.

Dude is small.

So for folks talking about women beating up men and it not being realistic... The protagonist weighs 160lbs... Lol...

Irl Gena would whip that dude's ass

ETA 2.   Yes, I hate seeing the 98 lb chick in movies beating up dudes twice their weight. It's crap. But here we have two folks not all that different in size, and one of them is very likely augmented due to occupation... Easy to suspend disbelief.
View Quote
I dunno man, Gena looks like she's discovered the secret Imperial donut stash.  Also as we all know, male muscle is far stronger than female muscle.

I could buy her out wrestling Mando though.  She just needs to get him on the ground and sit on him.  I'm sure even though she's put on the kilos, there are plenty of members here who would let her sit on them
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red light districts are common for tankers for "night moves"
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:49:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Also as crappy as Rotten Tomatoes is, if they had a episode audience rating, it would be interesting to compare the episodes.

My main gripe about this episode was the contemporary Earth dialogue using phrases like “bedside manner” and “lunch money” but again, it’s a show for families & kids, so they have to make it understandable to 8 to 12 year olds and not turn it into Shakespeare or Breaking Bad. DoomCock refuses to watch the new episodes because he’s on a hate everything Disney boycott and Nerdrotic wants an adult Joker style Mandalorian but I’m glad it’s a show I can watch with my kids
The Mandalorian Episode 4 Review | Sanctuary
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm loving the series so far.  my only big gripe is how short the episodes have been.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 5:27:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Episode 4 credit photos.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 5:33:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ep4 meh....  let's not have that director again.  writers either plz...
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Where’d you hear that rumor at?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could get into a Ashoka series.

https://i.imgur.com/8jRgvsI.png
Rumor has it they want brie Larson to take the role of ashoka...
Where’d you hear that rumor at?
That's a shitty rumor that was started and circulated by youtube whores looking for clicks.

The truth is:
1) Ashley Eckstein (the voice of Ahsoka) briefly met Brie Larson at Galaxy's Edge (https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/06/04/star-wars-ahsoka-tano-actress-ashley-eckstein-claims-brie-larson-lives-the-part-of-captain-marvel-both-on-and-off-screen/)

2) Brie Larson wants to play a Jedi in Star Wars (https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/07/08/captain-marvel-brie-larson-star-wars-jedi-galaxys-edge/ and https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/09/27/captain-marvel-actress-brie-larson-dresses-as-jedi-and-teases-star-wars-role/)

So it's easy to conflate the stories and tell a BS line for the purpose of generating clicks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I thought that episode was okay. Seems like he would have some kind of heavy guns mounted on his ship he could have shot the little walker with but that would have been a dull story.
View Quote
Air support?  Who needs that when you can arm some farmers with sharp sticks!?
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
looked rather orkish.

Ginas character said there wasn’t any weapons on the planet that could destroy the legs of that AT-ST
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top