BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 214
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a lightsaber. It's literally an artifact at this point as it was crafted by the first Mandalorian Jedi millennia before.
View Quote
Not just the first, but the only Mandalorian to join the jedi. Since the old republic era it has been a symbol of power and weilded by whoever held the title of Mandalore.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like if you served, you loved the shit out of the scout trooper scene.

I was all like, this seems familiar. I loved it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The two scout troopers' voices were incredibly familiar, but I couldn't place them. Anyone know?
View Quote
It was a Red vs Blue moment for me.  I expected one to say "hey Church..."
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Explained why the Stormtroopers can't hit shit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome episode!

Waititi is the man. Loved his work ever since What We Do In The Shadows.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That was the single most perfect portrayal of the military ever to be put to film.  It was absolutely brilliant and not at all out of place.
View Quote
yup.  and they threw in the part about STs not being able to shoot for shit!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

and if they haven't, this may drive traffic towards watching them.  Especially all the Gen Xers whose kids (like my son) are patiently explaining to them the history of the Mandalorians and the Darksaber.
View Quote
Exactly how it will work for this X-er.  Saw a YouTube video last week explaining why CW is the best visual SW to date.  Decided to add it to my watch list.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never want to see another show with a Skywalker character.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This.

Also, if this is 5 years after ROJ, Luke’s new academy hasn’t been started yet.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup, over and over. That's my dream episode. NO Skywalkers.
View Quote
No more Palpatines
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They were, but Dooku betrayed them at some point. It would make sense for that scene to have occurred in the latter part of the Clone Wars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The biggest question is when did Death Watch clash with the separatists? They were aligned with Dooku.
They were, but Dooku betrayed them at some point. It would make sense for that scene to have occurred in the latter part of the Clone Wars.
This.

Also, these droids may not have been CIS droids. Could be trade federation, could be a crime syndicate, who knows.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need to forge a Beskar hammer.  The bearded flat face doesn't really make sense, I guess it could work as a flatter but I suspect they just wanted a similar look as a bearded axe.
View Quote
Put your brain down and enjoy.

Says the guy trying to make Beskar ingots.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
It makes me laugh thinking back to last week and all those who thought IG-11 shot Kuill...

The "He can protect" foreshadowing was strong, but the director really outdid himself with IG-11's role in this episode.

When he spun around to protect BY and then flipped his arms over to keep shooting was absolutely the best part!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I served but I was digging the can’t hit a can from 7 yards part, at least for enlisted guys or combat arms officers & enlisted
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I served but I was digging the can't hit a can from 7 yards part, at least for enlisted guys or combat arms officers & enlisted https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2017-03-08-16.52.41-660x438.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I served but I was digging the can't hit a can from 7 yards part, at least for enlisted guys or combat arms officers & enlisted https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2017-03-08-16.52.41-660x438.jpg
I thought that was a wry comment about how dozens of Stormtroopers shooting at the same thing never seem to be able to actually hit anything.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Compare binge show threads like the Expanse or Witcher with 73 pages of the Mandalorian and people painting BY on buildings. Weekly release is the past and the future https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/ED1F7BDD-6B85-4A10-A604-F084E5A17C73_jpeg-1210702.JPG
View Quote
People painted 'Frodo lives' on the tube walls in the 50s...so that makes me smile.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

yup.  and they threw in the part about STs not being able to shoot for shit!
View Quote
Lucas really did those guys dirty all the way back to 77’ Almost as bad as trade federation basic “roger roger” droids of the prequels Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
and if they haven't, this may drive traffic towards watching them.  Especially all the Gen Xers whose kids (like my son) are patiently explaining to them the history of the Mandalorians and the Darksaber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s different than all other lightsabers. It also requires more to use {properly} from the wielder. It also makes sounds different than the others. Filloni probably assumes everyone has watched Clone Wars animated and Rebels animated
Which makes sense as they were doubtless tasked with "Try to add anything that will make them keep their subscriptions after the series ends!"
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought that was a wry comment about how dozens of Stormtroopers shooting at the same thing never seem to be able to actually hit anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know, I just never liked that and I blame George Lucas for that
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yet in the original Star Wars, Obi Wan comments that the Jawa sand crawler wasn't hit by Tusken raiders, it was hit by Imperial Storm Troopers. He could tell by the precision of the blasts.

*Edit*

"And these blast points, too accurate for sand people. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise"
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Also, some things didn’t make sense. One minutes, there are tons of storm troopers. The next minute a “flame trooper?” shows up, acting like some kind of badass, and goes in solo?  
View Quote
So I role played in a universe directly based on the Star Wars universe but...outlaw rules with an outlaw DM.

Our Jedi were some wickedly fun folk for the most part.  The most common joke was they would flip the safeties on all the bad guys weapons while the monologing was happening.  Or more to the point, if you can move things with your mind, how is that an advantage in any given scenario.

The wife and I both played (not yet married).  When the flamer showed up I said "fitting" and she said "hose"...the point being the weakness of the flamer was he had a blowtorch and a bomb.  A jedi would find a way to exploit that.

Like Ben, our Jedi barely ever ignited their sabers.  That only happened at the end of a long line of failed trickery.

Dang.  I miss you TJK...you would have loved this show.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I just never liked that and I blame George Lucas for that https://i1.wp.com/teeqq.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com/2019/04/star-wars-star-trek-a-stormtrooper-and-a-redshirt-in-a-fight-shirts.png?ssl=1
It's another example of fans taking things beyond what was intended.

Stormtroopers were deadly.  From storming the the ship at the beginning of the original Star Wars to crushing the Rebels at Hoth.

The only time we really see them as "incompetent" is when they allowed the heroes to escape the Death Star so they can be followed back to their hidden base.

Sure, the murder bears got the better of them in RotJ, but it wasn't for lack of missing shots.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Compare binge show threads like the Expanse or Witcher with 73 pages of the Mandalorian and people painting BY on buildings. Weekly release is the past and the future https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/ED1F7BDD-6B85-4A10-A604-F084E5A17C73_jpeg-1210702.JPG
View Quote
That's what I remember from growing up with Friends and Seinfeld. Everyone was on the same page every week.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#25]
They must be better shots with the blasters mounted on their speeder bikes, since they just presumably used them to murder the ugnaught.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They must be better shots with the blasters mounted on their speeder bikes, since they just presumably used them to murder the ugnaught.
View Quote
Marksmanship, especially with a pistol, isn't exactly high on the list of priorities for the majority of military forces.  Of course they'd be better with mounted weapons.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Stormtroopers were deadly.  From storming the the ship at the beginning of the original Star Wars to crushing the Rebels at Hoth.

The only time we really see them as "incompetent" is when they allowed the heroes to escape the Death Star so they can be followed back to their hidden base.

Sure, the murder bears got the better of them in RotJ, but it wasn't for lack of missing shots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I just never liked that and I blame George Lucas for that https://i1.wp.com/teeqq.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com/2019/04/star-wars-star-trek-a-stormtrooper-and-a-redshirt-in-a-fight-shirts.png?ssl=1

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That was the single most perfect portrayal of the military ever to be put to film.  It was absolutely brilliant and not at all out of place.
View Quote
Wife says the only thing missing was cigarettes
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or one pulls out a tin of Copenhagen
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Finished, super enjoyable, veeery enjoyable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Would be vaping, right?

High tech and all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Really loved the finale. I thought the shitty shooting was hilarious. And of course, "do the magic hand thing, baby!".
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Still watching, but the two Troopers at the beginning gave me such a Red vs Blue vibe, that was fantastic
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Still watching, but the two Troopers at the beginning gave me such a Red vs Blue vibe, that was fantastic
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Church and Tucker in white armor.

Loved it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I nailed guessing who the actor was that played the Mandalorian back on 10/28.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Do the magic hand thing.

awesome episode.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never served and thought the Scout Trooper scene was awesome.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was never a secret that he was cast for the role
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sshhhhh. Let him have this one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Scout trooper thing at the beginning was great.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#43]
One of the scout troopers is Jason Sudeikis, and he is catching flak over punching BY

https://www.cnet.com/news/jason-sudeikis-punched-baby-yoda-and-the-internet-does-not-approve/
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Here are a 3lb and 2lb hammers I use for smithing. Neither one would really care what armor you have. They will do damage
Attachment Attached File

A real smith can wield these hammers like a ninja.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Uuuggghhhhh I can't wait that long!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Uuuggghhhhh I can't wait that long!
At least Disney isn't pulling an HBO....

I'm not sure what year the next episode of Westworld will air in, or if I'll live that long.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s different than all other lightsabers. It also requires more to use {properly} from the wielder. It also makes sounds different than the others. Filloni probably assumes everyone has watched Clone Wars animated and Rebels animated
All part of the Mouse’s plan...
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I kind of see what you are saying, but if you have ever been around a platoon, it is not out of context. At all...

For me, at least, the scene actually heightened the realism, and was hilarious to boot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The interaction between the two storm troopers at the beginning seemed out of place and makes me roll my eyes.

--SNIP---

There are some really good things about the show, and some really bad things.
I kind of see what you are saying, but if you have ever been around a platoon, it is not out of context. At all...

For me, at least, the scene actually heightened the realism, and was hilarious to boot.
Same here, and it built the tension for the viewer even though it was light comedy.   I was just waiting for something to happen and that did when IG-11 showed up.

GREAT. Writing and direction there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He’ll have as much luck either way, hopefully he won’t bump into Rey. Disney needs to keep the trilogy crap far away from this show https://preview.redd.it/6dfm0c4ebo541.jpg?auto=webp&s=845a54daabe9d0511d69784e86e134303b4b689a
View Quote
Given the timeline, it would be cool (at least to me) if Mando bumped into Han Solo. Even if it was just a cameo.

If he's looking for Jedi, it is probably more likely that he'll run into Luke.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Imagine if Disney could release one episode per week, every week of the year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yet in the original Star Wars, Obi Wan comments that the Jawa sand crawler wasn't hit by Tusken raiders, it was hit by Imperial Storm Troopers. He could tell by the precision of the blasts.

*Edit*

"And these blast points, too accurate for sand people. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Edit*

Accuracy vs Precision.   Learn the difference young Padwan.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top