Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Imagine if Disney could release one episode per week, every week of the year.
View Quote
80% of the episodes would friggin suck.  Its like people forget the 80's and 90's, TNG is the perfect example.  20+ episode seasons...and on average like maybe 8 of the episodes were worth a shit and progressed the story.  The rest were just filler garbage.

10-12 for shows like this is the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

80% of the episodes would friggin suck.  Its like people forget the 80's and 90's, TNG is the perfect example.  20+ episode seasons...and on average like maybe 8 of the episodes were worth a shit and progressed the story.  The rest were just filler garbage.

View Quote
Yep. I would like to see about that many with about the length of the finale to let the episodes breathe a little bit more. Some of the episodes felt constrained due to their short length, but this one felt just long enough so that it didn’t feel cut off or dragged out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.  After the first season, TNG was almost entirely great episodes.

...TNG is actually a perfect example that hopefully The Witcher follows.  Ok-ish first season and great afterwards.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]
A few questions on the episode 8.

Click To View Spoiler

I kinda binged today, watched all 8 episodes since I started my free week trial.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I kinda binged today, watched all 8 episodes since I started my free week trial.
View Quote
1 Yes

2 it's the dark saber. A lightsaber type of weapon that is one of a kind. The wielder was usually a leader of some kind on Mandalore. Search for it in the star wars wiki for all you wish to know.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1 Yes

2 it's the dark saber. A lightsaber type of weapon that is one of a kind. The wielder was usually a leader of some kind on Mandalore. Search for it in the star wars wiki for all you wish to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

The Darksaber. Crafted and wielded by the only Mandolorian Jedi Tarre Vizsla. It was kept in the Jedi temple after his death and then stolen by clan Vizsla during a war between the Mandolorians and Jedi during the fall of the old republic, Passed down from generation to generation until Pre Vizsla lost the saber to Darth Maul in a 1v1 combat where Maul became leader of clan Vizsla and Deathwatch. After Maul was defeated by Sidious the darksaber was sent to Dathomir where it was later found and taken by Sabine Wrenn. After the conflict with the Empire, Wrenn gave the saber over to Bo-Katan Kyrze, sister of the last duly elected leader of Mandolore Satine Kyrze, Obi-Wan Kenobi's love interest.

The wielder of the Darksaber is considered Mand'dalor, or ruler of Mandalore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#8]
An Easter Egg I would love to see in season 2 is Moff Fring Gideon at his base, walking down a hallway passed a laboratory, and we see through the glass Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul laboring away making blue-colored Death Sticks for him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#9]
If I was an RN, I would buy a baby yoda and sling him across my chest while in scrubs for Halloween.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:49:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if prints of the credit art will become available. I'd seriously consider framing and hanging a few in my office
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

...TNG is actually a perfect example that hopefully The Witcher follows.  Ok-ish first season and great afterwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Severely rose tinted nostalgia there.  TNG, like TOS, was a few really outstanding episodes, a few that were really just awful, and the rest were largely mediocre.  All through the series.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:36:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Was cooking the flame trooper BY’s first kill?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I nailed guessing who the actor was that played the Mandalorian back on 10/28.
View Quote
You mean the guy that's been listed in the credits this whole time?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One of the scout troopers is Jason Sudeikis, and he is catching flak over punching BY

https://www.cnet.com/news/jason-sudeikis-punched-baby-yoda-and-the-internet-does-not-approve/
View Quote
this shows how detached some people are from reality.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
1 Yes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

1: Not Confirmed.

2: The darksaber was built by the one and only Mandalorian that was a Jedi. It's been passed.down to other leaders in Mandalorian culture. It was also weilded by Darth Maul.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Darksaber. Crafted and wielded by the only Mandolorian Jedi Tarre Vizsla. It was kept in the Jedi temple after his death and then stolen by clan Vizsla during a war between the Mandolorians and Jedi during the fall of the old republic, Passed down from generation to generation until Pre Vizsla lost the saber to Darth Maul in a 1v1 combat where Maul became leader of clan Vizsla and Deathwatch. After Maul was defeated by Sidious the darksaber was sent to Dathomir where it was later found and taken by Sabine Wrenn. After the conflict with the Empire, Wrenn gave the saber over to Bo-Katan Kyrze, sister of the last duly elected leader of Mandolore Satine Kyrze, Obi-Wan Kenobi's love interest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

Which animated series do we see the dark saber clone wars or rebels?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
1 Yes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

Sounds like a vibroblade?

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

The Clone Wars.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Both. Rebels has it in it the most.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

I hate this crap.  If it's not in the movies who cares.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

If you don't care about what's not in the movies, why are you posting in a TV show thread?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#22]
So I started watching the Clone Wars, and it's seeming pretty young, even for Star Wars. Does it get a little more serious later? If not, what are the must watch episodes that deal with Mandalorians?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I started watching the Clone Wars, and it's seeming pretty young, even for Star Wars. Does it get a little more serious later? If not, what are the must watch episodes that deal with Mandalorians?
View Quote
Season one is the worst of the seasons but it does pickup at season two.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The show is just so wonderfully written.  It has brought the wonder back to Star Wars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's great about that scene is despite using the force he can still be excited like all little kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7If3EqeDk
The show is just so wonderfully written.  It has brought the wonder back to Star Wars.
I agree 100%.  The whole season was great, and the finale was a grand slam home run.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you don't care about what's not in the movies, why are you posting in a TV show thread?
View Quote
the only thing that matters are the 11 movies and this show.

Maybe the cartoon but that's like saying the star trek cartoon was part of canon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Maybe the cartoon but that's like saying the star trek cartoon was part of canon.
View Quote
Clone Wars and Rebels are both canon. If you don't at least watch CW you are missing a huge swath of history between AotC and RotS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So The Last Jedi is legitimate fiction, but Heir to the Empire is bad and doesn’t matter?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically there's 13 movies.

I'm assuming you left out Solo and the animated Clone Wars movie. Oh, there's 16 movies if you count the Holiday Special and both Ewoks Movies. Now I'm not sure if the Holiday Special is canon but Chewie's family was also in Solo so it might be. The Ewok movies are canon as they establish both Dathomir and the Night Sisters.

We can go ahead and subtract TFA, TLJ and ROS from the list as canon because they suck.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

Public Service Announcement:   The Mandalorian is also a TV show.

Also a reminder Staw Wars is (or at least was) for kids and families.    The Clone Wars and Rebel cartoons are more age appropriate as you might expect.  That said, they can get pretty dark and adult at times too.   The later seasons of the clone wars are quite mature and really do a great job of telling the story of the Clone Wars between Episodes 2-3.   You get to see Anakins decent into darkness and the fall of the Republic fleshed out.   The series also introduces excellent new characters and expands the lore of the SW universe.    Wish they had this high of quality programming back when I was a kid.    My kids love the Clone Wars even better than most the movies.

Yes, expect tie ins to the Clone Wars and Rebels, like the Darksaber we just saw.   Dave Fioni is one of the Showrunners and produced the CW and Rebels Cartoons.  You can YouTube everything you need to know about the Darksaber and watch in 20min if you need the backstory.   Totally worth it.    They are building an interconnected universe here with lore spanning generations.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Clone Wars.
View Quote
Both Clone Wars and Rebels actually.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You mean 7 movies and this show.......
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Clone Wars.
I forgot he still had it in Rebels.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think there's a new canon cartoon titled Star Wars Resistance. It's also helmed by Dave Filoni.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think there's a new canon cartoon titled Star Wars Resistance. It's also helmed by Dave Filoni.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved CW and am enjoying Rebels, but Resistance sucks.... hard pass there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

2: The darksaber was built by the one and only Mandalorian that was a Jedi. It's been passed.down to other leaders in Mandalorian culture. It was also weilded by Darth Maul.
View Quote
Their armor they weren't suppose to remove was off, and had blaster holes in the helmet....
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Their armor they weren't suppose to remove was off, and had blaster holes in the helmet....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bodies, no confirmation.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's a lightsaber. It's literally an artifact at this point as it was crafted by the first Mandalorian Jedi millennia before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the darksaber just a standard lightsaber with a black blade? It looked like it had some curve, and the shape of a real blade. Like it's a beskar sword, with a sheath of lightsaber energy around it.
It's a lightsaber. It's literally an artifact at this point as it was crafted by the first Mandalorian Jedi millennia before.
Is there a list of episodes that just deal with the dark blade and mandalorians?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The three helmets on the work bench?  None of those look quite right for his helmet.
His helmet is a strong bluehttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nun-cLnwL._AC_SX425_.jpg
They should have The Mountain be a bad Mandalorian in an episode.  As he fights with our Mandalorian, Mando says: "This all seems so familiar..."
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Severely rose tinted nostalgia there.  TNG, like TOS, was a few really outstanding episodes, a few that were really just awful, and the rest were largely mediocre.  All through the series.
View Quote
I watch TNG every night.  There are tons of good episodes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So The Last Jedi is legitimate fiction, but Heir to the Empire is bad and doesn’t matter?
View Quote
it is unfortunate but yes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is there a list of episodes that just deal with the dark blade and mandalorians?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the darksaber just a standard lightsaber with a black blade? It looked like it had some curve, and the shape of a real blade. Like it's a beskar sword, with a sheath of lightsaber energy around it.
This is a good place to start. There may be an episode or two of Rebels that hadn’t come out yet when that article was written but you’ll figure it out. Everything you need to know can be watched on Disney plus.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/02/13/star-wars-every-mandalorian-the-clone-wars-and-rebels-episode/
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s unfortunate about it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your opinion is noted and irrelevant.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's, like, your opinion, dude.

You know there're comics and novels that are canon as well, right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he's not wrong. The people that are in charge maintaining the IP are wrong.

Sidenote, the Christmas Special isn't considered canon, the last time I looked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the mandalorians in the sewers were dead, aside from some that escaped.

The armorer said something that made it safe to assume that she had stripped the dead mandalorians of their armor and piled it up where mando and the group find it in the sewer.  From there she is taking loads to melt it down so it can be reforged in the future.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They should have The Mountain be a bad Mandalorian in an episode.  As he fights with our Mandalorian, Mando says: "This all seems so familiar..."
View Quote
No. Just, no. After the ending of the GoT, that entire series needs to be relegated to the dustbin of history and forgotten.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s sad, but you’re gonna miss out on some of the best SW ever created if you skip TCW. Parts of Rebels too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

Kharn
Vibroblades have a physical blade. The darksaber has a light blade that was shaped differently than any other lightsaber.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Vibroblades have a physical blade. The darksaber has a light blade that was shaped differently than any other lightsaber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

1 Yes

Kharn
This.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top