Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if prints of the credit art will become available. I'd seriously consider framing and hanging a few in my office
View Quote
https://tvweb.com/the-mandalorian-end-credits-art/
https://reggiestake.com/2019/11/17/star-wars-the-mandalorian-end-credit-art/

https://reggiestake.com/2019/11/17/star-wars-the-mandalorian-end-credit-art/

I really like it too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
YSSY - The Mandalorian Theme Song (80s Retro Synthwave)
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a very very strong feeling that eventually we are going to see Ashoka in this series.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Question for the SW tech geeks: what model of TIE fighter was Gus Fring driving? Some sort of TIE scout / standard fighter, right?   And have they ever shown the wings/panels fold like that for landing?

Because as a kid, that always bugged me when I was playing with my SW toys - how can these things actually land without cracking the edges of the wings?

40+ years later, Favreau and team seems to have solved that problem and one of life's great mysteries has been answered.

40 years from now, geeks will be discussing the merits of the Razor Crest and arguing about the origins of Baby Yoda.

And nobody's going to remember who "Rey" or "Finn" or "Poe" are...
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Question for the SW tech geeks: what model of TIE fighter was Gus Fring driving? Some sort of TIE scout / standard fighter, right?   And have they ever shown the wings/panels fold like that for landing?

Because as a kid, that always bugged me when I was playing with my SW toys - how can these things actually land without cracking the edges of the wings?

40+ years later, Favreau and team seems to have solved that problem and one of life's great mysteries has been answered.

40 years from now, geeks will be discussing the merits of the Razor Crest and arguing about the origins of Baby Yoda.

View Quote
This is the way
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
That entire conversation by the two storm troopers with baby Yoda had me laughing so hard, I feel like Kevin Smith had his finger in that.

Also laughed way too hard when he punched baby yoda
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Season one is the worst of the seasons but it does pickup at season two.
View Quote
I watched this a week or so ago. This convinced me that I should give the animated series A Try. It also says that season one is pretty slow, and it's perfectly fine just to jump in at season 2. That is what I plan on doing.

Why You Should Watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Just finished the finale, holy shit.

This is Star Wars now.  I don't give a shit about their movies anymore.  This is the way.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I just love how IG11 had more of a story arc in 2 episodes than Kylo Ren did in three movies
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Was anybody else hoping the armorer was going to bang out a baby Yoda sized Mando helmet? Because I was hoping she was going to bang out a baby Yoda sized Mando helmet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got a very very strong feeling that eventually we are going to see Ashoka in this series.
View Quote
I hope not.  The only thing I don't want to see more than I don't want to see any Skywalkers is the Jedi.

I want to see Baby Yoda raised as a force-sensitive Mandelorian to roam the galaxy and right wrongs, defend the weak, protect the innocent  stay out of politics.

Kinda like Kung Fu and The Rifleman have a green baby in space.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just love how IG11 had more of a story arc in 2 episodes than Kylo Ren did in three movies
View Quote
I cared more about that droid and felt more at its death than I have about anyone in any of the films since I was a kid.

Even the female lead is great.  Gina Carano was perfectly cast instead of some 90 lb waif.  I can believe she is badass, because she is.

Carl Weathers is perfect, and makes the show feel "period correct" if that makes any sense.  I love his lighthearted character and hope he sticks around.

Also shoutout to the mechanic lady with the grey jumpsuit and the perm who took care of BY in one of the earlier episodes.  She also looks "period correct" in the retro-futuristic way of the original films and films like Alien.

Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hate this crap.  If it's not in the movies who cares.
View Quote
90% of the best star wars content isnt in the movies. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hope not.  The only thing I don't want to see more than I don't want to see any Skywalkers is the Jedi.

I want to see Baby Yoda raised as a force-sensitive Mandelorian to roam the galaxy and right wrongs, defend the weak, protect the innocent  stay out of politics.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi, so...
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s a model designed for but never used in the films
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#17]
So is this series complete?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So is this series complete?
View Quote
Season 1 is.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Brie Larson is actively campaigning for the part.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
@hoverguy5

Got around to finishing the season up.

The Mandalorian Season One 4k Credit Photos
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Does Ahsoka have no ass?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I loved CW and am enjoying Rebels, but Resistance sucks.... hard pass there.
View Quote
CW is widely loved, many nerds don’t like Rebels and Resistance is widely panned by nerds
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
She was so bad in Cptn Marvel that it distracted me from the story.  I'd frequently mentally check out of the movie to think 'this girl is terrible at this'.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
JFC no No NO, just fucking NO!  She cannot act, she's stiff as a board.

You know she is utterly forgettable and a shit actress when people say "Brie Larson? Who?" and you say "the woman in Kong: Skull Island with Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L. Jackson," and people reply all befuddled, "there was a woman in Kong: Skull Island?"
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
CW is widely loved, many nerds don’t like Rebels and Resistance is widely panned by nerds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved CW and am enjoying Rebels, but Resistance sucks.... hard pass there.
Rebels was pretty hard to watch for the first season (worse than TCW season 1), but was decent enough in subsequent seasons - though never the equal of TCW.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@hoverguy5

Got around to finishing the season up.

The Mandalorian Season One 4k Credit Photos
View Quote
Bad link
Edit: working now, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bad link
View Quote
It works, it's just slow. It's the only site I found that does not convert .png into shitty .jpg.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I loved the opening scene with the motorcycle Stormtroopers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is Star Wars now.  I don't give a shit about their movies anymore.  This is the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the way.

Quoted:
"IG11's death is sadder than Ben Solo's, change my mind."

Quoted:
Quoted:
I cared more about that droid and felt more at its death than I have about anyone in any of the films since I was a kid.  
Even the female lead is great.  Gina Carano was perfectly cast instead of some 90 lb waif.  I can believe she is badass, because she is.
Carl Weathers is perfect, and makes the show feel "period correct" if that makes any sense.  I love his lighthearted character and hope he sticks around.  
Also shoutout to the mechanic lady with the grey jumpsuit and the perm who took care of BY in one of the earlier episodes.  She also looks "period correct" in the retro-futuristic way of the original films and films like Alien.
https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/VHyTXINTWvFk1YAPaPsFNxR5EVU=/1092x0/2019/12/06/78e6c8e4-877e-4266-bd5e-aae40a33bfd7/peli-motto-and-bb-yoda-episode-5.jpg
that was something I pointed out, as I was describing the series to a friend,
"Oh Jeeze, the girlpower, Disney HAS TO have the toughgirl lady beat up the protagonist right?"
I reply, "Well yes, yes they did, BUT, but, they went out and actually got a former UFC girl, Gina Carano - who appears to be a big fan, and she's sort of a "big farm girl" .
He's not getting handled by an underfed actress, it doesn't strike you as ridiculous."

They saw, they concurred.
I think it's an interesting differentiator, and how to do that right.
When a Kathleen Kennedy demands your male lead takes an L to a woman?
Make sure it's a Brienne of fucking Tarth, and not an Angelina Jolie, and suddenly the audience has a looot less complaints about it
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Rebels was pretty hard to watch for the first season (worse than TCW season 1), but was decent enough in subsequent seasons - though never the equal of TCW.
View Quote
I’ve seen CW & Rebels but I haven’t watched Resistance. I think the nerds are expecting Joker rated R out of these shows or angry there’s no rated R Joker Star Wars available and taking it out on these shows since the Disney trilogy sucks and some of them were even hating on the Mandalorian last night on a live stream. I typed “your idiots” in the chat. Joker was great but not every film or tv should be Breaking Bad, Joker or GOT season 1
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Resistance is bad. Take JarJar and put him in human form and you have the lead character.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#33]
It looks like Cara's rifle is based off a Bren
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
That ought to be tweeted

Edit: beat
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol

Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It looks like Cara's rifle is based off a Bren
View Quote
Bren with a MG34 drum it looks like.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EM1X1_-VUAAIRra?format=jpg&name=900x900
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It works, it's just slow. It's the only site I found that does not convert .png into shitty .jpg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad link
Now it works. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is the way.

"Oh Jeeze, the girlpower, Disney HAS TO have the toughgirl lady beat up the protagonist right?"
I reply, "Well yes, yes they did, BUT, but, they went out and actually got a former UFC girl, Gina Carano - who appears to be a big fan, and she's sort of a "big farm girl" .
He's not getting handled by an underfed actress, it doesn't strike you as ridiculous."

Make sure it's a Brienne of fucking Tarth, and not an Angelina Jolie, and suddenly the audience has a looot less complaints about it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/VHyTXINTWvFk1YAPaPsFNxR5EVU=/1092x0/2019/12/06/78e6c8e4-877e-4266-bd5e-aae40a33bfd7/peli-motto-and-bb-yoda-episode-5.jpg

Brienne sucked in the sequel trilogy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#40]
The Wraith is coming! ...
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
My guess is Ashley Eckstein will get the part if Ashoka makes the cross over to live action. Ashley is an actress and Ashoka's voice in animation. Doesn't hurt she is good friends with Filoni.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
If that bitch gets it I'll be done forever with Star Wars.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My guess is Ashley Eckstein will get the part if Ashoka makes the cross over to live action. Ashley is an actress and Ashoka's voice in animation. Doesn't hurt she is good friends with Filoni.
View Quote
Nepotism aside, I would actually trust his judgment in casting.  Same with Favrau
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. She is in fact closer to being a force sensitive who roams the galaxy, righted wrongs, defended the weak, protected the innocent, and stayed out of politics than Baby Yoda.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I started watching the Clone Wars because this show actually got me interested in Star Wars again.
Never watched any of the cartoons before.  
Found a chronological order suggested online for watching TCW and so far I'm about 8 episodes in and really enjoying it.  Doesnt really have a cartoon feel , which originally put me off of watching it
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Now that the series is over, go back to the beginning of the thread and witness the evolution from 'F The Mouse' to 'I want a Baby Yoda T-Shirt'. Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Now that the series is over, go back to the beginning of the thread and witness the evolution from 'F The Mouse' to 'I want a Baby Yoda T-Shirt'. Pretty funny.
View Quote
LOL, I spent 30 minutes looking at shirts for the kids.  Have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That entire conversation by the two storm troopers with baby Yoda had me laughing so hard, I feel like Kevin Smith had his finger in that.

Also laughed way too hard when he punched baby yoda
View Quote
The whole time I was thinking they brought in Seth McFarlane. Thought I even heard his voice as the guy on the other end of the radio. It seemed like it was right out of an Orville script. Was great. But very different from the series so far.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I give it a 70% chance the commie mommies at Disney will stick their clits into this show and ruin it by season 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The whole time I was thinking they brought in Seth McFarlane. Thought I even heard his voice as the guy on the other end of the radio. It seemed like it was right out of an Orville script. Was great. But very different from the series so far.
View Quote
Using the voice actors from "Red vs Blue" would've been awesome.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top