[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Was waiting for that pic.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just now watching X files? What are you 12? That show was the shit back in my day!

I am going to yell at a cloud, because you are making me feel old!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Currently on the 2nd episode. What do you think? Has the government been hiding proof that we've had guests from other planets? Why would they?

Entertain me please.

Just now watching X files? What are you 12? That show was the shit back in my day!

I am going to yell at a cloud, because you are making me feel old!

I'm 44 and feel like that show was after my time.  Never watched it, except maybe a bit here or there flipping through channels.

But I did work for a while at Area 53 reverse-engineering alien spacecraft and interrogating the surviving occupants.  Though I would never discuss that on a public forum.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course not.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can stop watching after about the 4th season, IIRC. That's when they get into the batshit government conspirancy stuff that I think ruined the show.

Maybe the 5th season. It's been awhile.
View Quote

There are plenty of good episodes in the sixth and seventh seasons.

Sixth:
Drive
Two Fathers
One Son
Monday
The Unnatural
Field Trip

Seventh:
The Goldberg Variation
Sein Und Zeit
Closure
X-Cops
Hollywood A.D.
Je Souhaite
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, we have and our government has reverse engineered their technology for their own benefit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Currently on the 2nd episode. What do you think?

View Quote

I watched the first season when it originally aired and it was awesome, but I stopped after that. A year or two ago I started back again at the pilot and holy shit did I miss some amazing television! Seasons 3-5 are some of the best TV you can watch. I just finished season 6 and it was great too.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to believe.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Currently on the 2nd episode. What do you think? Has the government been hiding proof that we've had guests from other planets? Why would they?

Entertain me please.
View Quote

Let the X-Files entertain you. Jose Chung's From Outer Space has the answers you seek btw.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Entertain me please.
View Quote

Wait till the 4th or 5th season. You'll shit your britches.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't think the governments of the world could conspire to keep a secret like that for decades.

The barriers to faster than light travel necessary for it are too huge to surpass.  I don't think we, nor anyone else, is ever travelling to a galaxy far far away.  

Are planet and the radiation we've sent out hasn't gone very far and is nothing given the distances we're talking about.

Non-life cannot develop into life.  It's impossible uphill battle akin to a perpetual motion device.  Randomness cannot produce information necessary for genetic codes.  The barriers to life beginning are huge. Impossibly huge. Nevermind the massive problems with any "simple" self-reproducing thing developing new code to get to a space-faring intelligent being.  The time necessary even hypothetically and the statistics for this stuff is so far out the word "impossible" is a gross understatement.

So nah, I personally don't think the government has any secrets regarding anything like material aliens.  IMO, UFO sightings and abductions are probably a combination of mostly hoaxes, some mental illness, and perhaps something supernatural as far as any of the legit weird stuff.
View Quote

And yet the earth does create the building blocks for the basis of life.  That we haven't reproduced it in a lab does not mean it doesn't occur, simply that we haven't figured out how it occured.  
Hydrothermal energy theory
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#11]
If we have been visited, aliens would be stupid to come in person. They would send a drone.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#12]
In before the Drake Equation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I do not think we are the only intelligent species in the universe but I also do not think  we have been visited by a more intelligent species. The mere fact they could even get here is evidence that they could essentially do whatever they wanted and we would be totally incapable of stopping it. There would b zero reason for them to try and hide anything.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:45:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Who? Lord Kimboat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entertain me please.

As someones who's had a UFO/Alien experience... no they are not from another planet.

Who? Lord Kimboat?

Not from outer space, but from inner space....
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Unless they can create wormholes, no.  The distances are just too mind-bogglingly enormous otherwise.

Even if you could get going at, say, 0.99C ( and survive encountered with, say, dust), If luck had them orbiting a really really, really close start,  it might only be 30 years round-trip, but even within our galaxy, it could be 100,000 years each way.  Closest Galaxy over, 2.5 million years each way.  And that's if they're right up next to the speed of light.

Earth just isn't interesting enough for that long of a trip.

There's probably other intelligent life (or has been, and will be), but I don't think there's going to be any visiting going on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Not going  to spoil the show for you.

But, I think it is possible we have had extraterrestrial life land here. But in the form of self replicating molecules like prions rather than little green men.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Probability says that we are likely not the only life in the entire universe.

Physics says that travel between habitable planets is very unlikely, on a realistic timescale.  

I would say we have not had visitors from other planets, nor will we.  Civilizations will rise and fall on many different planets, all of them looking towards the stars and wondering, seeking but never knowing.
View Quote

Travel might not be possible, but communications might be.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#19]
The government isn't hiding much.  Leaks happen all the time but there's no way to substantiate anything and the government relies on that fact.

Things have basically been rigged so you really don't know what to believe about the subject.  I think the government doesn't know much more than anyone else about the nature of the UFO's and other unexplained phenomena.

Jacques Vallee is a pretty brilliant guy who is one of the few to approach the subject from a truly scientific viewpoint and I tend to agree with his assessment that we aren't dealing with little green men from another planet.  There are interdimensional entities of some sort that interact with our world in ways that have no logical explanation and they seem to not even be bound by the laws of physics as we understand them.

The main reason the government doesn't acknowledge it is because they'd then have to admit how little they know about it and confess that they can't even begin to know if they can protect us from it or IF we even need to be protected from it.  The government certainly isn't going to come out and say "Something we know very little about fucks with our world from time to time and we really don't know if 'they' have bad intentions or not.  'They' or 'it' slip in and out of our physical plane, seemingly at will, and these occurrences are completely unpredictable.  As far as we can tell, 'they/it' aren't bound by Newton's laws of gravity or motion.  Furthermore, these particular entities may have something to do with mysterious disappearances that happen all over the world."
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
X Files is an awesome show with a vary catchy opening tune.

The truth is out there..........
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As someones who's had a UFO/Alien experience... no they are not from another planet.

View Quote

You can't just drop that kind of bomb on us and then fade.

Tell the story!

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Visited? Who knows. There is every possibility the WE are the most advanced race in the universe. That should scare the crap out of you.

But to think we are the only intelligent species in the universe is just stupid. Like, stick your penis in a blender kind of stupid.
View Quote

This.

With the endless expanse of all that is "Space," it is silly, naive and the ultimate expression of vanity, to think that life here on Earth is all there is.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I made a thread about encounters friends had and asked other members the other day. Check it out

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1865263_A_story_about_Aliens___let_s_hear_yours_.html
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#26]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Two pages and no ancient aliens guy?

I believe it's possible.  
As for word never getting out?  Well there are stories, but always quickly dismissed as some sort of natural phenomena, or poo poo'd by those who claim to know it all.  
There are still documents from WW II that are still classified, and most of us reading this website will probably not live to see the day if, and when they are finally declassified.    Who here knows what the YF-24 is?   Maybe there are 2-4 members who know and they won't say.  (Some USAF test pilot slipped up and listed it as a type flown on his resume)
So there are lots of secrets they do keep very well, and the smaller the circle of people let into the secret the better.

And what awareness do ants have of us?   How we perceive a civilization more advanced than we are could be the same way.  How would we even notice or rationalize a consciousness or technology that is further removed from where a human was in 2000 BC and where we are now?  Say there is 50,000 years different and there was never liberals/leftists and Islamists to hold back efforts to explore and expand its territory through space?

If nothing else his hair style is awesome in its own weird way
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Here is all the evidence you need.  I heard it from a guy at the bar. So it has to be legit and I found it on the internet.

There is evidence of an ongoing resurgence of the Planet X (also known as Nibiru) cataclysm conspiracy theory following the publication of new scientific studies in 2014 claiming evidence of a mysterious unnamed planet lurking beyond Pluto.

The scientific claims were based on observations of gravitational influences on a group of space bodies termed the "extreme trans-Neptunian objects” (ETNOs) orbiting our Sun beyond the planet Neptune.

A slew of messages and YouTube videos currently being circulated in the conspiracy theory blogosphere claims that a NASA study published in 1988 revealed details about the mysterious Planet X/Nibiru with an estimated orbital period of more than 1,000 years.

The study, according to conspiracy theorists, demonstrates that NASA and the U.S. government have been aware for decades that the rogue Planet X is coming with catastrophic consequences for humanity.

According to conspiracy theorists, recently leaked secret NASA "Planet X” files reveal that the agency is aware that the gravitational influence of Planet X had disrupted the orbits of other planets during a previous passage into the inner solar system hundreds of years ago; and that the next disruptive passage into the inner solar system is imminent.

The approach of the mysterious Planet X is currently sending waves of charged "plasmatic energy particles” through our solar system. The flow of energy will finally disrupt the "core flows” of the Earth and trigger catastrophic changes in Earth’s climate.

We have been feeling the disruptive effects of the inbound rogue Planet X since 1996 in the form of increased seismic and volcanic activities, freak weather patterns, and natural disasters.

NO

View Quote
FIFY

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What good is a probe that gathers information that no one here can use?  After a couple thousand years accelerating to 0.9c, then few dozen millennia it circulates back to the region of Sol, and then requires another couple thousand years to slow to a speed at which it can rejoin a Earth that long forgot it was sent and are probably scared as soon as it shows up on radar.

Accelerating a 1 ounce object to 0.9c with an acceleration of 1/100 ounces of thrust requires 87.2 years.  But who knows, the vessel might trip over something and find itself past the speed of light.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, we're hidden out here circling an average, common star in an obscure neighborhood in a spiral arm of a common type  galaxy with nothing in particular to distinguish it from billions of other galaxies that is readily noticeable from millions of light years away.

Besides that, the Universe is spread out there for us.

You don't von neumann probe bro?

What good is a probe that gathers information that no one here can use?  After a couple thousand years accelerating to 0.9c, then few dozen millennia it circulates back to the region of Sol, and then requires another couple thousand years to slow to a speed at which it can rejoin a Earth that long forgot it was sent and are probably scared as soon as it shows up on radar.

Accelerating a 1 ounce object to 0.9c with an acceleration of 1/100 ounces of thrust requires 87.2 years.  But who knows, the vessel might trip over something and find itself past the speed of light.

Too many people think in such confined manners, and say "why send something out, it takes too long and We will never know what it finds" is one of the things that gets you trapped on a planet until it's extinction time.   Just like the way we are heading.  And the insane thinking that "it will never feed a hungry child"
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here is all the evidence you need.  I heard it from a guy at the bar. So it has to be legit and I found it on the internet.

There is evidence of an ongoing resurgence of the Planet X (also known as Nibiru) cataclysm conspiracy theory following the publication of new scientific studies in 2014 claiming evidence of a mysterious unnamed planet lurking beyond Pluto.

The scientific claims were based on observations of gravitational influences on a group of space bodies termed the “extreme trans-Neptunian objects” (ETNOs) orbiting our Sun beyond the planet Neptune.

A slew of messages and YouTube videos currently being circulated in the conspiracy theory blogosphere claims that a NASA study published in 1988 revealed details about the mysterious Planet X/Nibiru with an estimated orbital period of more than 1,000 years.

The study, according to conspiracy theorists, demonstrates that NASA and the U.S. government have been aware for decades that the rogue Planet X is coming with catastrophic consequences for humanity.

According to conspiracy theorists, recently leaked secret NASA “Planet X” files reveal that the agency is aware that the gravitational influence of Planet X had disrupted the orbits of other planets during a previous passage into the inner solar system hundreds of years ago; and that the next disruptive passage into the inner solar system is imminent.

The approach of the mysterious Planet X is currently sending waves of charged “plasmatic energy particles” through our solar system. The flow of energy will finally disrupt the “core flows” of the Earth and trigger catastrophic changes in Earth’s climate.

We have been feeling the disruptive effects of the inbound rogue Planet X since 1996 in the form of increased seismic and volcanic activities, freak weather patterns, and natural disasters.
View Quote

Cyclical devastation of the planet is not as far fetched as most would think....

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#31]
And check out the whole Project Serpo mythology.
When the government and private industry can keep jet aircraft technology demonstrators secret for 30+ years, maybe something like this is not out of the question.
Don't be lazy, not hard to do a web search.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Entertain me please.
View Quote

have we been visited by life from other planets?

if you count microscopic organisms, then it is very possible that over the history of our planet some have arrived here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Its so amusing, and also arrogant, when people make statements like "its impossible for them to get here"..

I wasn't aware humans created the universe nor have a complete understanding of how it works or the technology and science and understanding that a species far more evolved and advanced than us could, and have come up with.

They're here, they've been here for a long time and they're still here.  They're watching us.  They'll keep watching us.  The government knows it, they keep it a secret, they use their technology for their own benefit.  End of discussion.  Anything else said is irrelevant.  Think what you want to.  It doesn't matter what you think or what you believe about the subject.  Keep going to work, keep paying your taxes and mind your own business.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The scientific claims were based on observations of gravitational influences on a group of space bodies termed the “extreme trans-Neptunian objects” (ETNOs) orbiting our Sun beyond the planet Neptune.

According to conspiracy theorists, recently leaked secret NASA “Planet X” files reveal that the agency is aware that the gravitational influence of Planet X had disrupted the orbits of other planets during a previous passage into the inner solar system hundreds of years ago; and that the next disruptive passage into the inner solar system is imminent.

The approach of the mysterious Planet X is currently sending waves of charged “plasmatic energy particles” through our solar system. The flow of energy will finally disrupt the “core flows” of the Earth and trigger catastrophic changes in Earth’s climate.

View Quote

this is the stuff that tells you they are truly scientific geniuses with a profound knowledge of astrophysics
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

this is the stuff that tells you they are truly scientific geniuses with a profound knowledge of astrophysics

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wendy O. Williams was from Planet X?

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I just got finished witht he series.

the first five seasons are the best, then it starts to drag.

9th season mulder is removed from the show because duchovnys contract expired and he quit.

they bring in two new primary actors to replace mulder and scully but the ratings tanked so they dropped the show.

youre going to fall severely inlove with scully.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Entertain me please.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wendy O. Williams was from Planet X?

View Quote

nobody walks in LA...
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#39]
as for being visited by aliens

my firm belief is that gold and silver are valuable because of their electrical properties.

BUT WAIT

gold and silver have been valuable for thousands of years. right? way before electricity.

that's because aliens came to primitive cultures and requested the gold and silver and the natives gave it to them.

when the aliens left with the resources they believed that gold and silver were metals of the gods. so kings and royalty began wearing it because they were considered gods in many cultures.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Extremely doubtful and improbable give the vast size and rarity of intelligent life.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to have an open mind about UFO's, Bigfoot, Nesse etc.  But recently I realized that every SOB is literally walking around with a camera and video camera at their fingertips at all times and there still isn't any compelling evidence.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Have you actually looked at Hillary Clinton? We've not only been visited...they fucked our buffalos.
View Quote
Or a yak.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

my firm belief is that gold and silver are valuable because of their electrical properties.

BUT WAIT

gold and silver have been valuable for thousands of years. right? way before electricity.

that's because aliens came to primitive cultures and requested the gold and silver and the natives gave it to them.

when the aliens left with the resources they believed that gold and silver were metals of the gods. so kings and royalty began wearing it because they were considered gods in many cultures.

View Quote

That is not far off of what Zecharia Sitchin has been saying for the past 40 years or so.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I used to have an open mind about UFO's, Bigfoot, Nesse etc.  But recently I realized that every SOB is literally walking around with a camera and video camera at their fingertips at all times and there still isn't any compelling evidence.
View Quote

the nsa just uses data mining to delete any photos you take.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#47]
My questions is why do they always abduct them dumbest examples of our race?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is not far off of what Zecharia Sitchin has been saying for the past 40 years or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT WAIT

I just read his wiki page.

Seems very similar to my theory which makes me think I heard his ideas a long time ago and forgot where I heard them from

It is kind of interesting to think about
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Extremely unlikely.

It is the height of arrogance to think we worth the visit.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Extremely unlikely.

It is the height of arrogance to think we worth the visit.

View Quote

Life is the most precious resource in the universe
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top