Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If he doesn't capitulate to big tech, he will lose a significant amount of his contract.

If his advertisers drop him (how many of the advertisers are Daily Wire adjacent) He loses a significant portion more.

All while they get to maintain all the merchandise revenue, and basically own him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if Crowder brings in less money, he'll get paid less money?

Why should the company take all the risk?

If he doesn't capitulate to big tech, he will lose a significant amount of his contract.

If his advertisers drop him (how many of the advertisers are Daily Wire adjacent) He loses a significant portion more.

All while they get to maintain all the merchandise revenue, and basically own him.

Then Crowder should do his own thing. And when big tech dumps him, he can make less money. If you don't want to be owned then don't sell yourself.

But if a company is hiring him to...make money...then maybe that company wants to tell him how to do his job so that he...makes money.

Fuckin nuts man!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I love a good dumpster fire
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If the daily wire hosts the videos and charges people to view them, why do they rely so heavily on other channels such as youtube?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then Crowder should do his own thing. And when big tech dumps him, he can make less money.

But if a company is hiring him to...make money...then maybe that company wants to tell him how to do his job so that he...makes money.

Fuckin nuts man!
View Quote

I can’t believe DW ever thought he would be a good fit. I can’t believe Crowder thought he would fit in over there.
DW is new wave McCain republicans. Crowder is all of us calling people fags and dropping hilarious racial jokes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. As I said in the other thread; Crowder would not use the YouTube platform if this is about principles. It's not about principles, however. It's about money for him too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. As I said in the other thread; Crowder would not use the YouTube platform if this is about principles. It's not about principles, however. It's about money for him too!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a massive grift designed to give aging boomers the placebo that someone is 'fighting' things that they disagree with.

The only real opposition is from people who don't shy away from being labelled all of the "-ists" or "anti-" that gets anyone banned on most mainstream platforms. If most people who are a part of the system (the one that oppresses Americans like me) hates you, then the odds are good you're onto something that threatens those with real power. Look at the 'untouchable' topics of history and politics, the ones that no one, right or left, is allowed to disagree with. That's a good way to know you're getting somewhere constructive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Idk, seems normal. If his earner power is hurt he gets paid less. Makes sense.
View Quote

if he doesnt bend the knee to leftist approved content, he gets paid less. yeah, makes lots of sense
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The point is that big tech gets the final rights to everything you say.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This would be like if black rifle coffee donated to democrats or something.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
People are surprise by this?  They use those channels to drive traffic.  If Crowder gets booted off those channels, they'll have less traffic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shapiro himself must've wrote that contract
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have a seat over there with the rest of the fucking muppets
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big tech has a tight grip.

I heard Elon may try video hosting on Twitter. But that would be a long time before  it was a real challenger
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An emotional right winger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Doesn't he say in the video he didn't sign the contract.

That he was given it to sign for a potentially new thing.

Considering he has lawyer he actually consults. They probably pointed out the juicy parts and he said no deal.

But the details were supposedly so grimy he had to share.

Important things in the contract.

They own your brand and social media (even stuff you made on your own before)

They can fine you every time you miss a scheduled upload.

They can punish you for being deplatformed despite claiming to be a haven for the deplatformed.

Isn't this literally the kind of scummy stuff Dave Chapelle an others have claimed with hollywood and media.

They basically get you to sign a contract that only they really benefit from only for the privilege of being associated with their channel.

Then if things don't work out they can basically take everything you earned there from you and benefit from your work forever.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can’t believe DW ever thought he would be a good fit. I can’t believe Crowder thought he would fit in over there.
DW is new wave McCain republicans. Crowder is all of us calling people fags and dropping hilarious racial jokes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then Crowder should do his own thing. And when big tech dumps him, he can make less money.

Fuckin nuts man!

How much DW content do you consume?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#18]

And now I have cancer.

Gay cancer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve seen enough to know they aren’t daring to push the envelope or take big risks. Aside from that one good trans documentary. I will give them props for that
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And when conservatives were getting deplatformed Shapiro would direct people to his platform to pay him a membership fee

Nothing like making money off other people while his team play everything on the safe side
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ostensibly, Daily Wire is "building a conservative movement" they don't need social media platforms for money because they have subscribers. But in his contract if Crowder was ever banned from YouTube he loses 20% of his contract, another 20% from apple podcast, 10% from Spotify, 10% from Facebook. So 40% of his money is gone overnight for being deplatformed, something Jeremy and Shapiro are "fighting against"

And when conservatives were getting deplatformed Shapiro would direct people to his platform to pay him a membership fee

Nothing like making money off other people while his team play everything on the safe side

Let's play out the scenario:

Daily Wire owns their own platform. They are largely their own advertisers via products, but also have revenue stream from subscribers.

Crowder gets banned. He has a massive audience. They now flock to the Daily Wire Platform to watch Crowder. Those who aren't already subscribed now have an incentive to subscribe. Not all, but some.

Shapiro makes more money.

Crowder gets screwed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If the daily wire hosts the videos and charges people to view them, why do they rely so heavily on other channels such as youtube?
View Quote
To reach new customers with free content, some of whom might become premium customers later. They have a premium tier.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’ve seen enough to know they aren’t daring to push the envelope or take big risks. Aside from that one good trans documentary. I will give them props for that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They HATED Trump and were never fair to him.  

DW is a bunch of assholes acting like their shit don't sink to sell shit.....like the republican party.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Daily Wire owns their own platform. They are largely their own advertisers via products, but also have revenue stream from subscribers.

Crowder gets banned. He has a massive audience. They now flock to the Daily Wire Platform to watch Crowder. Those who aren't already subscribed now have an incentive to subscribe. Not all, but some.

Crowder gets screwed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ostensibly, Daily Wire is "building a conservative movement" they don't need social media platforms for money because they have subscribers. But in his contract if Crowder was ever banned from YouTube he loses 20% of his contract, another 20% from apple podcast, 10% from Spotify, 10% from Facebook. So 40% of his money is gone overnight for being deplatformed, something Jeremy and Shapiro are "fighting against"

Crowder gets screwed.

You don't get it.

DW is not their own advertiser. They have outside companies buying ad spots.

DW would make money from Crowder's videos/social media.

DW would have exclusive content from Crowder on day 1. You would have to sub to get access to that.

If Crowder got banned, he'd be making DW less money. If Crowder has guaranteed money from DW, he's more likely to not worry about that revenue from Youtube, Spotify, and Apple. If Crowder's compensation is aligned with DW's, then everyone is aimed in the same direction.

Of course Shapiro is thinking about hiring someone in order to make more money. That's the whole point of hiring. Are you from communist Russia?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
so it's all just about revenue generation?

Always has been

[headshot]
View Quote

People are starting to wake up.

Nobody is on your side.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong again...a based Constitutionalist.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They HATED Trump and were never fair to him.  

DW is a bunch of assholes acting like their shit don't sink to sell shit.....like the republican party.
View Quote

There was a time DW was going to college campuses and having dialogue that would push the envelope, I feel like once sponsorship money started to roll in there was less and less of that. Crowder would still do change my minds all the way up until the end of his current show. He was banned numerous times for talking about the fairest and most free election in history. DW: Trump was unlikeable and lost the election fair and square.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems odd that DW "builds a platform" then subjugates their own people to big tech platforms demands.
Why even have every show on big tech?
Can't they have a few shows that run exclusively on their own alt platform?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And apparently an anti-capitalist.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Feel free to keep buying Black Rifle Coffee Company and Rino DW razors, I’ll vote with my dollars. Almost like the free market intended.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always has been

[headshot]

https://i.imgflip.com/77tfjo.jpg

Why does anyone get up and go to work in the morning?

I’m just in it for the money…
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m glad that deformed Canadian grifter is no longer shilling on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You don't get it.

DW is not their own advertiser. They have outside companies buying ad spots.

DW would make money from Crowder's videos/social media.

DW would have exclusive content from Crowder on day 1. You would have to sub to get access to that.

If Crowder got banned, he'd be making DW less money. If Crowder has guaranteed money from DW, he's more likely to not worry about that revenue from Youtube, Spotify, and Apple. If Crowder's compensation is aligned with DW's, then everyone is aimed in the same direction.

Of course Shapiro is thinking about hiring someone in order to make more money. That's the whole point of hiring. Are you from communist Russia?
View Quote

How so?

They wouldn't normally be privy to the other social media ad revenue. That only changes because if he signed the contract he would be giving them control over his accounts.

That revenue spent on DW would be ad revenue spent on DW not anywhere else.  As a subscription model places like youtube and spotify shouldn't have a direct impact on the DW.

Only if people pulled their adds or refused to purchase more would that matter for the DW.

But if that's only what this was about.  Everyone in that scenario gets paid less anyway. The only change is DW suddenly gets a bigger cut of what comes in.

Please explain how reducing a creators cut down to 15% of what they are supposedly bringing in isn't predatory or unethical.  Especially when situations such as being banned from Youtube is a common occurrence of simply creating the content.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Seems odd that DW "builds a platform" then subjugates their own people to big tech platforms demands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were you in charge, would you choose to make less money or more money? Because that's all it appears is happening here.

DW is a fly on the elephant's ass right now. That may change one day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't.  People are missing the point that the main revenue stream with Crowder is subscriber based.  This not a situation where platform strikes or bans would actually impact their profit that much.  He would be penalized on all revenue streams for content bans or channel strikes.  Both of which are highly likely when you actually speak the truth. LWC hasn't been monetized on YouTube in over two years.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Did Crowder think it was a charity?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So he should get paid if he won't read ads or gets kicked off YouTube?
View Quote

Yeah, that seems like a pretty reasonable part of the contract.  They are paying him for eyeballs/ears on their ads.  If he doesn't read them, or gets booted off popular platforms and can't read them, why should they continue to pay him the full rate?

But I am 7 minutes into the video and still don't know what his issue is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't get that far in the video because it was taking him forever it felt like clickbait.  Learnt nothing in the 6 minutes I gave him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always has been

[headshot]

*wipes off chin*
i know
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#39]
i already pay for Youtube Premium so if I get ads in the middle I unsubscribe - no loss to me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did Crowder think it was a charity?
View Quote

He would almost double daily wire’s subscriber base, then if he gets deplatformed his entire revenue is cut 85% to include DWs now doubled subscriber-base? And DW now owns any and all likeness of Crowder, and he can’t go elsewhere.

I guess I just don’t understand business.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The question the normies need to ask themselves, is after the last six years, the massive swell of conservative outpouring, all the money being flung around everywhere, all the conservatives that have donated untold amounts of money...

What has actually changed? What has happened?

The reality is that at the end of all that, all the people leading the charge are either
1) Completely Blacklisted or Otherwise Ran Off
2) Consolidated under one of two Brands, The Blaze or The Daily Wire

And at the end of all that, the only real success that we've seen was the overturning of Roe V Wade, which has a result of Donald Trump, whom both of those organizations completely outright detested.
View Quote
You are right.  All the money I have contributed, no change, it's like donating to the NRA
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

He doesn't make money on YouTube.  He has been demonetized there for years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Always has been

[headshot]
View Quote

Nobody works for free.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

*wipes off chin*
i know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always has been

[headshot]

*wipes off chin*
i know

Be honest with yourself — if you weren't getting paid would you do your everyday job?

I own my own business and I would not.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Does Crowder still post here in GD?

in
View Quote

Not since he asked for money to do a 2A video and then bailed on it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't think Daily Wire would be a good fit for him, anyways. They are very abject to ruffling social media feathers and won't stick their necks out for people.

Crowder has gotten numerous strikes or wrist slaps from YouTube which is the opposite of how Daily Wire runs things. I can see a partnership becoming contentious pretty quickly.
View Quote
Shouldn't he be (isn't he?) on Rumble?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Be honest with yourself — if you weren't getting paid would you do your everyday job?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always has been

[headshot]

*wipes off chin*
i know

lol, i'm agreeing with you
i suck that big green dick too
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Feel free to keep buying Black Rifle Coffee Company and Rino DW razors, I’ll vote with my dollars. Almost like the free market intended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good man.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I didn't get that far in the video because it was taking him forever it felt like clickbait.  Learnt nothing in the 6 minutes I gave him.
View Quote

TLDW

Right wind media companies are more predatory than their left wing counterparts.

They request control and ownership of your likeness and social media accounts.

You will be charged a fee (reduction in compensation) if

You miss an upload.

Don't read all the ads they want you to.

Get banned/deplatformed from your social media accounts.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He parted from the blaze a little while back, I'm having trouble thinking that it could be anyone other than The Daily Wire he is talking about. What other conservative media is out there? It's not like he is going back to Fox.

When he mentions the part about the 3-4 ad reads per show it all but guarantees he's talking about DW
View Quote
Wouldn't he just do ads for Walther 'cos he lurvvs them
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top