BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You should watch the Daily Wire repsonse video where they go over the contract line by line. It immediately becomes clear that Crowder either misrepresented what he was sent, or didn't understand what the offer actually said. For example, he was to be paid upfront $12.5 million a year to make 192 shows. The reason he would be docked pay for missing a show was that he was already paid to make that show. It was essentially a "if you're not going to do what we have already paid you to do, then you need to pay us back for it" type if clause. He would also be allowed to make shows in advance, or makeup shows if needed.

Also, his content and likeness would only be owned by DW only during the duration of the contract and would revert back to him once the contract expired.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he should get paid if he won't read ads or gets kicked off YouTube?

Is he still on Rumble? Is his podcast still live?

The ad reads are excessive and detract from the content people came to hear/see.
That's one of the reasons that I have been a mug club member from the get go. I was willing to pay for content without the ads.

It's a choice. I wanted to support what he was doing and was willing to spend my money to do it.

We have a DW subscription too, my oldest son asked for it because they are putting out content that he wants to see. I like the Jordan Peterson "Dragons and Men" whatever it's called (no commercials).

I really hope it's not DW and I have a hard time believing that Candace Owens would have signed that kind of contract.

The disturbing thing about having a disinterested 3rd party able to dictate payments, beyond the basic cringe inherent in it, is that there is no situation which benefits the content creator. No plus ups for anything that could happen.

The kids playing college sports fought to protect their Name, Image and Likeness so that they could profit from it and the contract writers want the talent to assign it to them in perpetuity?

Gross.

You should watch the Daily Wire repsonse video where they go over the contract line by line. It immediately becomes clear that Crowder either misrepresented what he was sent, or didn't understand what the offer actually said. For example, he was to be paid upfront $12.5 million a year to make 192 shows. The reason he would be docked pay for missing a show was that he was already paid to make that show. It was essentially a "if you're not going to do what we have already paid you to do, then you need to pay us back for it" type if clause. He would also be allowed to make shows in advance, or makeup shows if needed.

Also, his content and likeness would only be owned by DW only during the duration of the contract and would revert back to him once the contract expired.
I get that part. I still don't like the inclusion of Big Tech guidelines driving compensation.

I will definitely be reconsidering my DW subscription because of that contractual language. I will most likely not renew.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Steven Crowder Just NUKED the Daily Wire From Orbit: Con Inc is BIG MAD!
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Everybody needs to stop focusing on the terms of the contract. The fairness, or legality, or ethics, of the terms of the contract are not the issue here. The issue is that the company offering that contract is taking money from conservatives by claimong to be fighting the left. The existence of that contract proves that they are intentionally throwing the fight. They are scamming us. That's the issue we should be focused on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NFL has incentives and performance bonuses.

NFL contracts state how the contract is void if you get canceled for wrongspeak.

Your comparison works against you more than for you.

Compensation is tied to performance aka revenue.
You're missing a key component in the difference.  In the sports contracts, the contract includes the EXACT items that will lead to a cancellation and ONLY the player chooses whether or not that will happen - not a disinterested third party.

With this contract that Crowder showed, it's nebulous.  There are no specifics that you can or can't do - and it's a THIRD PARTY who is not part of the contract who decides the fate based on what's in the contract.

The NFL contract analogy gives control to the two parties who enter into the contract.  The Crowder contract is nebulous, vague and leaves a third party that isn't part of it with control over Crowder's fate.

Everybody needs to stop focusing on the terms of the contract. The fairness, or legality, or ethics, of the terms of the contract are not the issue here. The issue is that the company offering that contract is taking money from conservatives by claimong to be fighting the left. The existence of that contract proves that they are intentionally throwing the fight. They are scamming us. That's the issue we should be focused on.

Its probably been shown already but Mark Dice played a video from Shaprio on a DW show where he is telling the production staff to edit out things he just said so they don't run afoul of the YT censors.  I like some of DW stuff, but they are pretty much making money off Conservatives and will play by the rules the left lays down even at the sake of the "message" they are supposedly trying to get out.  

Don't forget to buy razors from that one guy!
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is the key point. DW has chained themselves to YouTube’s rules. Crowder is right to call them out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No he didn't burn them to the ground. He outed himself as a whiny, bratty, entitled, Canadian bitch.

Holy fuck - that wasn't a contract, it was a starting point of negotiations. Instead of countering back and forth he just threw a temper tantrum. He also encouraged others not to sign any deals with them even though not everyone gets the same deal. What a douche.

After watching his video and then the DW video...yep, you're right. Negotiations always start somewhere and this was that beginning. Every single one of those stipulations could be negotiated in one direction or the other. He looked at an initial offer sheet and threw a tantrum. On video.

DW certainly looks much better than him as a result of this. On the one hand, I'm kind of surprised he acted this way and on the other hand I know I shouldn't be.
I disagree completely and it boils down to one serious point of contention. The ability of "Big Tech, et al." to fundamentally remove the compensation of SC through strikes and banning.

Everyone knows who Crowder is and what his show's about. It is inevitable that he will suffer huge financial loss with the terms of this contract and I would assume his team would as well. Creating a contract that benefits your bottom line by giving power to the people you are supposedly "fighting" is, quite frankly, disgusting.

This makes DW look like charlatans to anyone who can take their emotional attachment/disgust to the players out of the equation. This contract as sent was predatory, hypocritical to the stated mission and indicative of a media monopoly that is stacked against us using controlled opposition.

This is the key point. DW has chained themselves to YouTube’s rules. Crowder is right to call them out.

A normal person with experienced people advising him or her would then take that as an opportunity to negotiate that out of the offer sheet. You know, like the rest of the world does during contract negotiations. This is 101 level stuff, people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Most of GD doesn't care about that.

It'll bitch and complain about a politician fucking them over for a penny, but if a corporation masquerades in a cloak of "conservative" values and fucks them, the only question asked is how much money was made.
View Quote

It's not just GD, unfortunately.  If you complain about conservatives without a spine, DW just put spinelessness in writing.  And that the best case scenario, personally I think they agree with RINOs and establishment Dems and are just lying.

Regardless, anyone that continues to give them money or clicks has lost the right to bitch about spineless Republicans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A normal person with experienced people advising him or her would then take that as an opportunity to negotiate that out of the offer sheet. You know, like the rest of the world does during contract negotiations. This is 101 level stuff, people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No he didn't burn them to the ground. He outed himself as a whiny, bratty, entitled, Canadian bitch.

Holy fuck - that wasn't a contract, it was a starting point of negotiations. Instead of countering back and forth he just threw a temper tantrum. He also encouraged others not to sign any deals with them even though not everyone gets the same deal. What a douche.

After watching his video and then the DW video...yep, you're right. Negotiations always start somewhere and this was that beginning. Every single one of those stipulations could be negotiated in one direction or the other. He looked at an initial offer sheet and threw a tantrum. On video.

DW certainly looks much better than him as a result of this. On the one hand, I'm kind of surprised he acted this way and on the other hand I know I shouldn't be.
I disagree completely and it boils down to one serious point of contention. The ability of "Big Tech, et al." to fundamentally remove the compensation of SC through strikes and banning.

Everyone knows who Crowder is and what his show's about. It is inevitable that he will suffer huge financial loss with the terms of this contract and I would assume his team would as well. Creating a contract that benefits your bottom line by giving power to the people you are supposedly "fighting" is, quite frankly, disgusting.

This makes DW look like charlatans to anyone who can take their emotional attachment/disgust to the players out of the equation. This contract as sent was predatory, hypocritical to the stated mission and indicative of a media monopoly that is stacked against us using controlled opposition.

Lol.

You'd tell the company to go fuck themselves, walk away and then make a post in GD about the how ridiculous the terms were in the initial offer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#7]
After watching Jeremy’s response I’m torn. It’s not as bad of a deal as it sounded (unless Jeremy was lying through his teeth which is possible)

On the other hand, Jeremy said in the same fucking sentence “I’m offended you think we’re not conservative, but yeah if you get cancelled on a platform we have to dock your pay.” It’s fucking Crowder, if you put him in your pre-scripted DW bubble, it’s not the same show.

If Crowder started reading 4-5 ads per show, and never dared say anything that could get him canceled from Apple/Spotify/etc his entire audience would rightfully call him a sell out and stop watching.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#8]
1st Levin fucks him over.
Now Shapiro.

Typical conservatives.
All hail the all mighty dollar.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Being “conservative” can make you rich.

Social media is full of people profiting off peoples false hopes of a better world.

Shit I remember when Trump came to my AO. It was like a carnival. Hundreds of vans loaded with minorities pedaling “patriotic” Chinese printed shirts, hats, banners, flags, etc. It was madness.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I think in all of this the takeaway for me is Crowder is a freaking drama queen.
He should just stay where he is at, it fits him and his delusions of grandeur just fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Watched the DW video and think it was almost a fair response but not quite.  They are being a bit misleading themselves.

While Crowder's content is maybe not worth 30mil a year it is definitely worth more than what DW offered.  More specifically, as DW stated they know Steven well, how could you possibly not structure your first offer around the fact that YT is automatically demonitized.  They know that we'll. They knew it going in and still wanted to start their negotiations there.

Crowder is hands down the biggest name in conservative entertainment.  Bar none.  He got there by pushing the envelope and often getting banned and having content removed.  Dw knows it.  

You don't offer Crowder a "canned" term sheet to start your negotiations.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a huge red flag for DW. I am glad he exposed it and he is smart not to entangle himself with them.

I don’t care if he is manufacturing drama for his personal benefit, that is a big part of his job.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
So, I have a simple metric to determine whether I support, am agnostic towards, or actively oppose a figure or an institution. The question is simply:

Does _____ further my ideology-driven policy interests as a libertarian-flavored conservative?

If yes, I will support them. If it's unclear, I won't spend my energy one way or another. If no, I will spend my energy actively opposing them.

I'd like to ask all the DW critics in the thread what they've done to further conservative/libertarian interests. How have you impacted culture for the better? Have you fostered a positive image of Constitutional conservatism? What brand are you building to challenge media giants like CNN and Disney? I love that my kids are going to be able to watch programs that I don't have to worry about will try to convince them that they need to chop their dicks off. So what are you doing besides being an antagonistic, bitter loner tilting at windmills?

At the end of the day, what DW is in the business of doing is shifting the Overton window back towards the right. If it means they have to play by some trivial rules (whether the vaccine does or doesn't work is *gasp* actually completely immaterial to conservative principles), so be it. They're reaching out to Suzie soccer mom and vanilla Dan and planting the seeds of conservative thought. It's a noble goal. It doesn't have all the sparkle and zazz of Trumpy sensationalism, but fuck if it doesn't actually work.

And I'm glad DW is making money hand over fist. It means they'll be able to invest in conservative programming for kids. It means they'll be able to attract even more talent.

The fact that it's now profitable to become a conservative voice is an overwhelmingly positive indicator. I don't care what their actual motivations are; if they're serving the ideology in any capacity, good. This is the long game the left has played for the past century. We will need to play the long game as well. It takes work, and work is hard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Watched the DW video and think it was almost a fair response but not quite.  They are being a bit misleading themselves.

While Crowder's content is maybe not worth 30mil a year it is definitely worth more than what DW offered.  More specifically, as DW stated they know Steven well, how could you possibly not structure your first offer around the fact that YT is automatically demonitized.  They know that we'll. They knew it going in and still wanted to start their negotiations there.

Crowder is hands down the biggest name in conservative entertainment.  Bar none.  He got there by pushing the envelope and often getting banned and having content removed.  Dw knows it.  

You don't offer Crowder a "canned" term sheet to start your negotiations.
View Quote

I like both Crowder and the folks at the Daily Wire.

I doubt they were ever going to be a good fit together.

Just as I think some of the shit that comes out of the DW is bad for conservatives, I think the way Crowder handled this was bad too. Who knows, maybe this will cause both to re-examine what they do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I like both Crowder and the folks at the Daily Wire.

I doubt they were ever going to be a good fit together.

Just as I think some of the shit that comes out of the DW is bad for conservatives, I think the way Crowder handled this was bad too. Who knows, maybe this will cause both to re-examine what they do.
View Quote

I agree they are likely not the best fit.

And, yes, I think Crowder could have gone about this differently perhaps while still drawing some attention to the principles.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1st Levin fucks him over.
Now Shapiro.

Typical conservatives.
All hail the all mighty dollar.
View Quote

What happened with Levin?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or maybe that normal person is sick of someone's hypocrisy and predatory control of talent and decides to go Leroy Jenkins on them.

You know principles and stuff. Or does that go out the window when the pay numbers hit seven figures?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#18]
You really gotta wonder how slave-like Candace Owens contract is, as well as Walsh and Knowles and others.

Crowder is the most popular in the alt media space for conservatives, and this is the initial offer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Just watched the entire thing on Rekieta, didn't change my opinion one bit.  Sometimes an offer is so offensive you just tell the other party to fuck off.  When I was selling my house I had someone make a cash offer $20k below market value.  Rejected it on the spot, no counter no nothing just rejected.  Got 2 full price offers a couple of days later.

The DW was pretty disingenuous in their response first they focused ALOT on the money Crowder didn't say dick about the money.  Then they get to the things he had issue with getting penalized for missing shows, and say if he gets sick of course they will work with him.  That's not what the contract says.  Then they dismiss the section about demonetization then why is it in the contract?  They completely glanced over the main point of Crowders video.  He doesn't have to sign a contract like that but someone with out his reputation doesn't have a choice.

One other piece of bullshit from the contract is they expect to own his past content through the term of the contract but the content he would have created on the DW would be owned by the DW.  If Crowder's previous contract had been that bad he wouldn't be able to bring his past content with him.

I wouldn't sign that contract and I likely wouldn't even respond to someone that offered it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like crowder is taking another swing in reply to DWs reply
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't want to do this...
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I dont really like crowders show, just because his content delivery is not my wheel house. BUT, I do think he is good for my politics, good for republicans, and generally a smart guy. And i have to say his stance on uncoupling from big tech is spot on. Business vs politics. Making money vs standing up for your cause.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I dont really like crowders show, just because his content delivery is not my wheel house. BUT, I do think he is good for my politics, good for republicans, and generally a smart guy. And i have to say his stance on uncoupling from big tech is spot on. Business vs politics. Making money vs standing up for your cause.
View Quote

Then he's going to have to find a benefactor with deep pockets, not an employer who needs to make money to stay afloat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9BFUEoy1I
View Quote

Just watched this
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then he's going to have to find a benefactor with deep pockets, not an employer who needs to make money to stay afloat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s the other side. He needs to make his own platform, like cumia did. Like daily wire did.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Have both.

Daily wire for the squish-servatives, Crowder for more edgier conservatives.

Don’t really care about the drama.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is a huge red flag for DW. I am glad he exposed it and he is smart not to entangle himself with them.

I don’t care if he is manufacturing drama for his personal benefit, that is a big part of his job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Copying a section of my post in the other thread out of sheer laziness:

I understand DW's position, and IMHO I'd say over 50% of the people who are siding with Crowder do too.
We're not dealing with Bernie Sanders voters, we're dealing with people who have signed copies of Thomas Sowell's Basic Economics
With people who watched everything on youtube with "Milton Friedman" in the title.
Who saw that "Make Mine Freedom" short a millllion times.
They get it. They actually do.

What's alarming for people is this:
"Holy shit, Youtube demonetization, which is often unfair, arbitrary, guided by leftie feels, fake-boycotts, AND will be re-drawn on a whim to protect team blue's policy ideas and religious views, ALSO effect DW content."
There are things they won't talk about.

At that point, it's more or less revealed that DW is Foxnews: Digital.

And not like Tucker, Gutfeld, those cats Foxnews.
But, Bret Baier, Chris_WallaceTM milquetoast kind.
DW isn't THAT bad, yes, for sure, but it bends towards that second group, and not the first ^
And that's a massive disappointment for people to find out.
It was for me, that's for sure

I don't care about Crowder's millions
That's not what raised my eyebrows - I sat there saying, "holy crap, they built their business in such a way that they "have to" give a shit about what San Francisco thinks about this? There IS big tech influence on topic selection and stances even at DW content? The fuck?"

They are not quite the INDEPENDENT alternative we thought they were. They are kind of dependent on people that genuinely hate us.
And it effects the menu of food they serve.

Where I think this ends up going: maybe it's Crowder to Rumble.
He's been "cancelled" a ton of times. I think any arrangement where youtube "allowing" him to operate impacts his business, is a bad one FOR HIM.
I think Crowder isn't a good fit for DW, and I think DW coming forward and un-masking has allowed people to understand that they AREN'T a totally free platform.
They're more like a Digital Foxnews Channel, just with different ads and talking heads.
If that doesn't matter to people, they cool! No biggie
If it does, they can simply take their dollars elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You really gotta wonder how slave-like Candace Owens contract is, as well as Walsh and Knowles and others.

Crowder is the most popular in the alt media space for conservatives, and this is the initial offer.
View Quote

Thing that just popped into my head: I wonder if those ^ people were upset by the number Crowder was pitched.
That doesn't always go over well with people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Crowder receives a term sheet from DW. Crowder makes a video blasting said terms. Crowder didn't counter with his own terms.

Why didn't Crowder produce his own term sheet to work for DW?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Crowder is good on this and I have gained a ton of respect over this. Daily Wire is a fraud and have been outed as dirty (disparaging epitaph goes here).
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Rb3yHXTJ0

Rekieta Law breaking down the Daily Wire response
View Quote
Nick is awesome.

"If you agree with everything I say, you're probably retarded."

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#34]
If Crowders subscriber numbers are even remotely close to what he suggests, he's worth a lot more than 50m over 4 years.  And that's ignoring any bullshit monetization from third parties.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If Crowders subscriber numbers are even remotely close to what he suggests, he's worth a lot more than 50m over 4 years.  And that's ignoring any bullshit monetization from third parties.
View Quote

I do think Crowder IS best off going on his own, off the beaten path here.
He's too risky for DW and how they built their business, DW can't give him the creative freedom he needs to do the job correctly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish the Babylon Bee would start some type of partnership with Crowder and do commercials and other comedy bits on his show, kind of like when Rush would have funny fake commercials
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sure, but wanted to run his mouth instead.

Daily Wire has already responded in detail and made him look... well, unprofessional.

If you want to guarantee you'll be working for yourself and not getting any offers from other media organizations... this seems like a good way to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couldn't he just have declined to sign?

Sure, but wanted to run his mouth instead.

Daily Wire has already responded in detail and made him look... well, unprofessional.

If you want to guarantee you'll be working for yourself and not getting any offers from other media organizations... this seems like a good way to do that.

How much do you like controlled opposition and enemy Shapiro?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol posts like this miss the point completely
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Its probably been shown already but Mark Dice played a video from Shaprio on a DW show where he is telling the production staff to edit out things he just said so they don't run afoul of the YT censors.  I like some of DW stuff, but they are pretty much making money off Conservatives and will play by the rules the left lays down even at the sake of the "message" they are supposedly trying to get out.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NFL has incentives and performance bonuses.

NFL contracts state how the contract is void if you get canceled for wrongspeak.

Your comparison works against you more than for you.

Compensation is tied to performance aka revenue.
You're missing a key component in the difference.  In the sports contracts, the contract includes the EXACT items that will lead to a cancellation and ONLY the player chooses whether or not that will happen - not a disinterested third party.

With this contract that Crowder showed, it's nebulous.  There are no specifics that you can or can't do - and it's a THIRD PARTY who is not part of the contract who decides the fate based on what's in the contract.

The NFL contract analogy gives control to the two parties who enter into the contract.  The Crowder contract is nebulous, vague and leaves a third party that isn't part of it with control over Crowder's fate.

I wish more people got this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I get that part. I still don't like the inclusion of Big Tech guidelines driving compensation.

I will definitely be reconsidering my DW subscription because of that contractual language. I will most likely not renew.
View Quote
Not sure how else they could do the deal that large without something of the like clause.  They make money off the ad revenue to pay him.  DW would ultimately be getting the raw end of the deal without it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you're getting played by a grifter who is trying to start his own platform by leaching off of the works of others, but all the while thinking you are clever.

Sad.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Honestly I found both the DW and SC to make good points.

I understand DW's position BUT the in perpetuity clause would be the end of discussion for me. I would simply refuse to sign a contract with that included.

Steven has done a poor job of not looking greedy, but he's not wrong about the tenants of his complaint. You can't fight big tech and the left, while using the threats of demonetization of content at their whims to control the content creators.

The reality is the Daily Wire has a place. That place is being mainstream.

The place Crowder needs is more of a free wheeling Alex Jones platform where he can say what he wants, without being forced to shill products for ad buys.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:26:11 AM EDT
[#46]
If anyone had any doubts about Crowder's character as a dishonorable POS, watch his latest video and contrast that with Jeremy's response from yesterday.

Fucking pathetic. I watched Crowder every day, but I'm done with him at this point.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Crowder receives a term sheet from DW. Crowder makes a video blasting said terms. Crowder didn't counter with his own terms.

Why didn't Crowder produce his own term sheet to work for DW?
View Quote
Because you don't discuss terms with people you just found out were fake ass shysters.

This isn't hard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess her contract wasn't as good and she's okay with being a wage slave while she "builds her fame"?

Weird flex, but okay.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not sure how else they could do the deal that large without something of the like clause.  They make money off the ad revenue to pay him.  DW would ultimately be getting the raw end of the deal without it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And where TF is the subscriber money going? Let's say SC brings 300k subscribers at his discounted rate of $69 a year, that's $80 million in four years just on subscriber base. More than they offered him. Why would anyone agree to that deal?

Especially when you found out that the people you were considering working with were Big Tech's bitches.

How are some of you people missing this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Her point of the NDA and not Gay Jarod, now I am curious.

I want to hear from the computer Sven or whatever his name was, Jarod and 1/4 black.  Where is his half Asian lawyer?
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top