While technically not a stout, this is a lager called a Schwarzbier:
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/72/325172/1/172031442.X8F0dy7R.Schwarzbier.jpg

Black lager?
Yup!
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about that... I don't venture over to the foreign beer side often since there's so much domestic to try but I'll stop by my store and check if they have it. I know they carry Spencer.

It's an international store. They have a lot to chose from.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/jungle_jim_s_eastgate_beer_jpg-2258290.JPG
View Quote

I have spent a decent amount of money at JJ when I visit family between beer and food.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have spent a decent amount of money at JJ when I visit family between beer and food.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about that... I don't venture over to the foreign beer side often since there's so much domestic to try but I'll stop by my store and check if they have it. I know they carry Spencer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/jungle_jim_s_eastgate_beer_jpg-2258290.JPG

I try not to keep track of how much I've spent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We only get one go at this, might as well make it count.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Z09SS
Damn, that looks good!  How is it?  I love Cigar City Maduro, and I also (always) buy their espresso stout if I happen across it.
View Quote

It's good!  I have a friend grab me a bottle every year.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are ever in Spain

Vanilla black velvet
Cervesa guineu collaboration with la quince is the best Russian stout I have ever had.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is indeed delicious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is indeed delicious.

that it is.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#11]
@Ryan_Ruck

Standby for more stouts and porters on location.

Photos later today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Just had a sample of BrewLounge Beanbag, Oatmeal Stout 5.4% from Columbiana, Ohio - on tap

- like stout flavored club soda. Yuck.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just had a sample of BrewLounge Beanbag, Oatmeal Stout 5.4% from Columbiana, Ohio - on tap

View Quote

Never heard of them. They say first impressions are everything...
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a great way to describe the Great Lakes Oatmeal Stout that disappointed me a page ago.

Maybe it's a Ohio thing?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Not sure if that’s the updated version to this (?), but the best damn Porter I’ve ever drank was this coconut porter in Hawaii by Maui Brewing about 10 years ago. It even had tiny coconut shavings in it. Unfortunately my wife surprised me for Christmas the next year by having some shipped to Florida and it was skunky AF and entirely undrinkable after the 12 hr journey

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Number's Brewery,  Lisbon, Ohio Church Street Porter 6% - hoppy,  watered down overly carbonated absolute shit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Jackie O-s Java the Stout 6.5 %, Athens, Ohio

Burnt malts, too hoppy finish.  I might give to my dog if he was thirsty.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#18]
High Tower, Rayland, Ohio (where the fuck is that?) - The Deep Dark Stout 14% (Holy Shit I'm already lit!) - Imperial Stout,

Rich flavor! Smooth with hoppy finish (I hate hopps but its tolerable ). Tastes like there is a shot of whiskey in this. Good thing I got it on a flight and not a full glass. I can drink it but probably wouldnt order it again unless it's in a  shot glass.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay, I had to pick another to fill up the flight. Ran out of stouts and porters.

Half Door Raspberry Cream Ale, San Diego, Commiefornia.

A little bit of a raspberry nose, slight raspberry flavor. Kind of smooth.  I can take it or leave it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like you are in a place catering to shit microbreweries that otherwise can't sell their shit beers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]

The best there ever was
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yup!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black lager?
Yup!

The black beer with the blonde soul.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#23]
If you’re ever in the Pacific Northwest Iron Horse brewery in Ellensburg WA has a brew called Quilters Irish Death.

Low IBU, below 20 if I remember right and about 8.5% alcohol.

It’s quite good if you like a stout.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]
My on call just ended and, after this week, I need a good beer.

I've got a couple singles floating around in my fridge that have been there a while so this one from a local brewery seems topical...

Dead Low Crazy Yvan Russian Imperial Stout

(I drank the other 3 in the 4 pack a while ago. It's good. )
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Had this for the first time earlier this week.  It was very good.

Dragon's Milk Stout
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#26]
In honor of the thread, drinking a pretty good oatmeal stout out of a pint logo’ed of an awesome coffee porter

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dragon's Milk Stout
View Quote

That's a solid brew you can't go wrong with!
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I had no idea we had a stout fan club. I've had a lot of the ones listed in here and still have a ton from my "craft beer" collecting days. We should trade some!
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#29]
I like my beer lookin' like motor oil. Old Rasputin is my go-to dark beer. Black Boss out of Poland is a runner-up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry your taste buds don't work.  

The last time I had this I thought it was great, as did several of my coworkers with whom I shared the case I brought back from Ohio.

I bought a six of this last night.  I've had it before and it's absolutely on my repeat list if I'm looking for something with a coffee background.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Very chewy!
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Drank one of these tonight...

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Today's haul... Go in telling yourself, "I'll just grab a 6 pack," and walk out spending $60.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#34]

That one looks good.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I went to the beer store. I will post a photo of what I got later today.

While I was there, I had a Butcher and Brewer Albino Stout on tap. Unreal, looked like a light beer tasted like a stout - a light tasting stout. Anyone have one?

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

While I was there, I had a Butcher and Brewer Albino Stout on tap. Unreal, looked like a light beer tasted like a stout - a light tasting stout. Anyone have one?

View Quote

I've had a couple blonde stouts. Back when I still drank Rhinegeist (before the summer of 2020 when they did a fundraiser for rioters in Cincinnati on Twitter, took a bunch heat for it, and then deleted it), I liked their Penguin a lot.

One I also really like, but I'm not sure is technically a stout, is Streetside Brewery's Return Of The Mac. It's blonde, has a very stout-y flavor, but only clocks in at 5.5%. They call it a "blonde ale".
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I've got this for tonight in honor of St. Paddy's Day this week!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've had a couple blonde stouts. Back when I still drank Rhinegeist (before the summer of 2020 when they did a fundraiser for rioters in Cincinnati on Twitter, took a bunch heat for it, and then deleted it), I liked their Penguin a lot.

One I also really like, but I'm not sure is technically a stout, is Streetside Brewery's Return Of The Mac. It's blonde, has a very stout-y flavor, but only clocks in at 5.5%. They call it a "blonde ale".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. I never had a blonde stout (never had a stout blonde either LOL!) so this was new to me all the way around.

I will post beer pics tomorrow. Had Mexican food afterwards and I'm way to full to try any tonight!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/150226676_245147243811374_31931114114415-2318131.JPG
View Quote

Let me know how it is. Is the coffee just added or is it brewed in? Or does it just have a coffee malt flavor from the roasting of the malt? I saw a few coffee stouts today - one label just said that they added coffee to the beer .
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay. Here is one I didn't buy, because it was $25!

I almost bought it but I figured I would ask you guys first.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Let me know how it is. Is the coffee just added or is it brewed in? Or does it just have a coffee malt flavor from the roasting of the malt? I saw a few coffee stouts today - one label just said that they added coffee to the beer .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/150226676_245147243811374_31931114114415-2318131.JPG

I'm liking it pretty well. No idea if it's brewed with or added. I'm thinking added as it says "Whiskey Barrel Blended".

Flavors of roasted coffee, sweet chocolate, oak, and a little creamy lactose. Sweet with no coffee bitterness.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/Gc0yHPN/20220318-174432.jpg
View Quote

Never had that but sounds good. Worth checking on the beer rating sites. I'll do that with the pricier ones to see if they live up to the pricetag. Sometimes you've got to bite the bullet and pay up on the good stuff.

I paid $40 (plus shipping) for one that size once. It was a beer from Dogfish that was a brewpub only release and from back when you could buy unopened "collectors bottles" of beer on eBay - Wrath Of Pecant.

Being a Star Trek fan I had to have it.

Got a couple rare beers that way. Then they clamped down on the loophole.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sounds like you are in a place catering to shit microbreweries that otherwise can't sell their shit beers.
View Quote

You were/are correct!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The last time I had this I thought it was great, as did several of my coworkers with whom I shared the case I brought back from Ohio.

I bought a six of this last night.  I've had it before and it's absolutely on my repeat list if I'm looking for something with a coffee background.
https://creaturecomfortsbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/KokoBuni_Can_for_web-e1636033708686.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://creaturecomfortsbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/KokoBuni_Can_for_web-e1636033708686.jpg

Maybe I got a dose of Covid taste buds a few months later!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm liking it pretty well. No idea if it's brewed with or added. I'm thinking added as it says "Whiskey Barrel Blended".

Flavors of roasted coffee, sweet chocolate, oak, and a little creamy lactose. Sweet with no coffee bitterness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok I'm sold. Will get it next time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Never had that but sounds good. Worth checking on the beer rating sites. I'll do that with the pricier ones to see if they live up to the pricetag. Sometimes you've got to bite the bullet and pay up on the good stuff.

I paid $40 (plus shipping) for one that size once. It was a beer from Dogfish that was a brewpub only release and from back when you could buy unopened "collectors bottles" of beer on eBay - Wrath Of Pecant.

https://i.imgur.com/TwpHOYA.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a bit of a Trekkie too. So what was this like?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#47]

This is the buy from last night. I've been drinking Samuel Smith's for 30 years so just got those because I love 'em. The others are new to me. The Black Butte Porter is for tonite. I will let you know what I think.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I absolutely love Stouts.
But I don't buy them - I make them!
And I make them all the time!

Russian Imperial Stout:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20962/RIPr_jpg-2284506.JPG

Oatmeal Stout:
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/72/325172/1/172031440.dk4ffuO9.OatmealStout.jpg

Chocolate Milk Stout:
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/72/325172/1/172031439.so8mtTgt.ChocolateMilkStout_1.jpg

View Quote

The next time I'm in AZ I'm coming to your house.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a very long time, and many, many beers ago before I started keeping tasting notes. I just checked my Gmail account and it looks like it was 3/3/2011 when I bought it so almost 10 years to the date! Freaky!

Here's some reviews on it though: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-head-wrath-of-pecant/118575/
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dragon's Milk Stout

Excellent choice
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top