Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Why no beta mags?
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if they'll fit in a Redi-Mag / Redi-Mod.  Or at the very least if I could put one 60 rounder in the rifle with a standard 30 round mag in the Redi-mod.

^^^^This^^^^

I'm going to say they propably  won't work in a Redi-Mag system. There isn't much room between two 30 rounds in a Redi-Mag.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
someone send link to these to msnbc. Their fucking heads will explode
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
If Surefire prices them right, I'll drop a few hundred bucks on some 60 and 100 rounders.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone on MY christmas list is getting one of THOSE this year.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
a nuvi ring for a ranger plate?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is too much weight to add to the rifle. 30 rounds is enough; if you can't get the job done with thirty, you need to work on your marksmanship skills.

I had a mob of over 60 people on my front lawn in jersey trying to take my 16 year Son out of our house to kill him.

All I had was a mossberg pump in my hand.

They had the wrong house so alls well that ends well, I would not have minded a 100 rd drum or mag in my AR.

(the shotgun was closest (when TSHTF)  

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Like many others i prefer the length of the 20 rounders, so if they increased capacity to 40 with that length they would have a winner IMO.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Too expensive, I'd pay no more than $40.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
That is too much weight to add to the rifle. 30 rounds is enough; if you can't get the job done with thirty, you need to work on your marksmanship skills.

I had a mob of over 60 people on my front lawn in jersey trying to take my 16 year Son out of our house to kill him.
They had the wrong house so alls well that ends well, I would not have minded a 100 rd drum or mag in my AR.

You'll appreciate that when the AR10 is in my hands, the AR15 is in the wife's.

But we don't get many of the 60 person angry mobs up this way, unless you count WalMart, and that's 30 miles away.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, don't leave me hanging.  

What's the rest of the story?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Vote against that legislation with your feet.

Not easy for those of us with careers, families and ties to a local community.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One day in the afternoon one of my Sons comes home from School as normal.
He didn't look like he had been in a fight, dressed the same as he left, no torn clothes or blood or skinned knuckles.
About a 1/2 hour later I hear a lot of commotion outside, I open the
front door and there are about 50 Hispanic kids on our Lawn screaming my
Sons name.
I go out on the Porch and ask them what's going on?
One of the older kids steps forward and pulls a smaller kid (about 14) up with him.
The kid looks pretty banged up, you could tell he was in a fight and from the looks of it he lost pretty bad.
The beat up Kid looks to be around 14, my Son is 16 at the time and I can't believe he would beat this kid up like that.
He's not a bully , he can fight though.
My Son Anthony comes out on the porch and the beat up kid says "that's not the Anthony who beat me up"
(side note, Wife had already called 911)
The older kid standing with the beat up kid turns to all the rest of the kids and says "this is not the right Anthony"
The Anthony they wanted (found out later) was a kid with black hair, My Son has light light Blond hair.
They say they are sorry and start to leave.
Some "kid" on a bike pulls up and from curb side sitting on his bike yells to me "hey Mr, you got a fucking problem mfer?
I want this thing over before it re-erupts
Me  it's all over and done
BG Fuck you mfer
Now some of the kids see whats going on and stop and are looking.
I Tell Brian (under my breath) my other Son who is 14 to get my shotgun out from under my bed upstairs and bring to it to me.
I hear the sirens in the distance and I know they are too far away to help with this, whatever happens is going to happen now.
As the "kid" drops his bike and steps forward, he's now about 15 feet away.
He says "I'll kill you and your whole family right now mfer"
He lifts his shirt and I see the butt of a revolver sticking up from his waist ban.
About this time Brian says "Dad" from behind me, I know he got my
shotgun, with out taking my eyes of the BG I put my        hand over my
right shoulder and Brian gives me the 12 ga.
The BG is fumbling with his gun, it got caught in his pants, as he's
trying to pull the gun out I rack the shotgun and his hand comes free
with the revolver in it.
He looks at the shotgun . eyes bigger than half dollars.
He thinks for a quick second as I bring the muzzle to bear on his chest.
He says "don't shoot me", he then sticks the gun back in his pants and picks up the bike and gets on it.
The point where he raised the gun to put it back in his pants is where unknown to him , he almost got shot.
He took off on the bike and ran right into a police car at the corner,
he fell off the bike and the officer starts picking him up to see if
he's OK.
I yelled to the officer "he's got a gun"
The officer yanks this "kid" to his feet by both arms and put all his
weight on him spread Eagle on the hood of the police car, the officer
was about 275 lbs, the "kid" was about 145 lbs.
The officer reached around, found the gun , pulled it out and dropped it to the ground and kicked it under the car.
Now I know this is anti climactic but the truth is not a movie.
I'm glad I didn't have to kill that "kid"
I have always been torn since I found out later that day that this "kid" with a gun was no kid.
He was a 24 year old Mexican who was a convicted drug dealer, a rapist
(raped a 82 year old woman) and was still on parole for these crimes.
He was charged with a stack of crimes that day and got another ten years
added to his sentence he had to finish before the ten started.
Had I known the guy was prone to such violence and was 24 I might have
ended this a little different, one of those things you never know until
it happens.
I do know from what I was thinking the second he tried to pull that gun
was "if he clears his pants and points that gun at us , I'm going to
shoot him kid or no kid"
On a side note when that shotgun came out the rest of those kids were
scrambling for cover and falling down and running into each other, I
never saw it but my Wife did and she sad she knew I never saw them
because I never turned my head or moved.
She's right , I saw nothing but the threat, it was serious tunnel vision.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

quickly, someone contact magpul, we need a polymer version with window and dust cover!!!!!

My first thought

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Smartest accessory I've seen all year.  Contrary to some of the thread fail, the 60 rounders are a good idea for the reasons noted.

Everyone trains for super-speed reloads, but nobody sees the advantage of 60 round magazines?  Embarrassing bullshit.  You dance with the one who brung ya, not wait for Captain M240 to save the team.

Next big thing should be man-portable shot locators.  Mixed with the xm25, you're looking at absolutely unbelievable changes to infantry engagement.

Welcome to 2009.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

One day in the afternoon one of my Sons comes home from School as normal.
He didn't look like he had been in a fight, dressed the same as he left, no torn clothes or blood or skinned knuckles.
About a 1/2 hour later I hear a lot of commotion outside, I open the front door and there are about 50 Hispanic kids on our Lawn screaming my Sons name.

I go out on the Porch and ask them what's going on?
One of the older kids steps forward and pulls a smaller kid (about 14) up with him.
The kid looks pretty banged up, you could tell he was in a fight and from the looks of it he lost pretty bad.
The beat up Kid looks to be around 14, my Son is 16 at the time and I can't believe he would beat this kid up like that.
He's not a bully , he can fight though.
My Son Anthony comes out on the porch and the beat up kid says "that's not the Anthony who beat me up"
(side note, Wife had already called 911)
The older kid standing with the beat up kid turns to all the rest of the kids and says "this is not the right Anthony"
The Anthony they wanted (found out later) was a kid with black hair, My Son has light light Blond hair.
They say they are sorry and start to leave.
Some "kid" on a bike pulls up and from curb side sitting on his bike yells to me "hey Mr, you got a fucking problem mfer?
I want this thing over before it re-erupts
Me  it's all over and done
BG Fuck you mfer
Now some of the kids see whats going on and stop and are looking.
I Tell Brian (under my breath) my other Son who is 14 to get my shotgun out from under my bed upstairs and bring to it to me.
I hear the sirens in the distance and I know they are too far away to help with this, whatever happens is going to happen now.

As the "kid" drops his bike and steps forward, he's now about 15 feet away.
He says "I'll kill you and your whole family right now mfer"
He lifts his shirt and I see the butt of a revolver sticking up from his waist ban.
About this time Brian says "Dad" from behind me, I know he got my shotgun, with out taking my eyes of the BG I put my        hand over my right shoulder and Brian gives me the 12 ga.
The BG is fumbling with his gun, it got caught in his pants, as he's trying to pull the gun out I rack the shotgun and his hand comes free with the revolver in it.
He looks at the shotgun . eyes bigger than half dollars.
He thinks for a quick second as I bring the muzzle to bear on his chest.
He says "don't shoot me", he then sticks the gun back in his pants and picks up the bike and gets on it.
The point where he raised the gun to put it back in his pants is where unknown to him , he almost got shot.
He took off on the bike and ran right into a police car at the corner, he fell off the bike and the officer starts picking him up to see if he's OK.
I yelled to the officer "he's got a gun"
The officer yanks this "kid" to his feet by both arms and put all his weight on him spread Eagle on the hood of the police car, the officer was about 275 lbs, the "kid" was about 145 lbs.
The officer reached around, found the gun , pulled it out and dropped it to the ground and kicked it under the car.

Now I know this is anti climactic but the truth is not a movie.
I'm glad I didn't have to kill that "kid"
I have always been torn since I found out later that day that this "kid" with a gun was no kid.
He was a 24 year old Mexican who was a convicted drug dealer, a rapist (raped a 82 year old woman) and was still on parole for these crimes.
He was charged with a stack of crimes that day and got another ten years added to his sentence he had to finish before the ten started.
Had I known the guy was prone to such violence and was 24 I might have ended this a little different, one of those things you never know until it happens.

I do know from what I was thinking the second he tried to pull that gun was "if he clears his pants and points that gun at us , I'm going to shoot him kid or no kid"

On a side note when that shotgun came out the rest of those kids were scrambling for cover and falling down and running into each other, I never saw it but my Wife did and she sad she knew I never saw them because I never turned my head or moved.
She's right , I saw nothing but the threat, it was serious tunnel vision.

Cool, thanks for filling in the blanks.

Glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Blah bah blah...

I still want one..maybe two
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm waiting for the Star Trek Transporter Magazine.

It only holds five rounds but has a built-in transporter in it, and automatically transports new rounds into it from your main stash

back at your base or home, as fast as you use up rounds.   That 5 round magazine will keep feeding ammo to your rifle until

you get bored and take it out, or you deplete your stash back at the base.

The same concept could be applied to your car's gas tank, or the fuel system of any vehicle of any kind.  Just the thing for

combat vehicles on the move.  No need for a fuel convoy or fuel stops.  Just roll over the enemy nonstop.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Doesn't Dick Swan already have the numbers 60 and 100 trademarked?

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the 800 round ocho-stack.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3954/sfhcm100m4.jpg

Hilarious.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top