Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.  That's super cool that the cop knocked out a handcuffed guy.  No risk of a lawsuit to the city at all.  Kudos.  
View Quote
Yep.  That’s super cool that the criminal spit on the cop.  No risk of disease to the cop at all.  Kudos.  

Since you are obviously so highly trained, experienced, and intelligent, please share your wisdom on how I can prevent someone from spitting on me, and how I should respond if they spit on me anyway, since I don’t always have a spit mask available.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why was he charged in the first place
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
no excuse for the cops' behavior.  He should be suspended no pay as an example
View Quote
No excuse at all.....

In this thread, we find out whose parents spanked them and whose parents gave them a firm talking to.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So if a cop spits on me, am I free to knock him out?

If a cop can stop, detain, harass or otherwise come after me for calling him a name, which some here would be fine with, does the cop get reprimanded, fined or otherwise in trouble for calling me the same names during interactions?

See a problem? I do, because I know the answer.
View Quote
I know this may be difficult - but for the third time this incident isn’t about name calling or shit talking.   Nothing happened until he spit in the cops face.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yep.  That’s super cool that the criminal spit on the cop.  No risk of disease to the cop at all.  Kudos.  

Since you are obviously so highly trained, experienced, and intelligent, please share your wisdom on how I can prevent someone from spitting on me, and how I should respond if they spit on me anyway, since I don’t always have a spit mask available.  Thanks in advance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.  That's super cool that the cop knocked out a handcuffed guy.  No risk of a lawsuit to the city at all.  Kudos.  

Th kids of GD see no problem with cops being spit on.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No excuse at all.....

In this thread, we find out whose parents spanked them and whose parents gave them a firm talking to.
View Quote
I don't blame the cop for knocking the guy out, but he should have left it at that. When he stood there afterward and gloated about knocking out a handcuffed suspect, that was not a good look on his part.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We being non professional LEOs can say what we want about this.

I want to hear from the Law enforcement community.

Being a professional LEO and trained in these types of situations. I'm sure some of you have been spit at before, maybe many times by these idiots.

Was this the right thing to do as an officer of the law. To strike a handcuffed person.

I know you've probably felt like it many times and they probably deserved it.

But as an officer you are trained to have restraint and not be thin skinned.

Even though we may like what he did. I'm betting alot of officers would agree it was wrong and that officer lacks restraint. He Will be watched by his superiors from here on out. He might end up being a liability for the dept.
View Quote
Are you a fireman? If you get spit on, are you so thick skinned that you roll with it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don’t see the problem. Bodily fluids spread disease.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know this may be difficult - but for the third time this incident isn’t about name calling or shit talking.   Nothing happened until he spit in the cops face.
View Quote
Your comment (here).............................the point and actual question I posed...........................(way over here).
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't blame the cop for knocking the guy out, but he should have left it at that. When he stood there afterward and gloated about knocking out a handcuffed suspect, that was not a good look on his part.
View Quote
No what he should have said was “sir please stop spitting on me”.  Or “stop assaulting me”.

But you have to admit, “whose the bitch now?” Sounds so much cooler
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I graduated from the academy 22 years ago.  One of my classmates had a party.  Her dad was a near retirement homicide detective and had been on our full time swat team.  One of his buddies from swat who was wearing a Marine Corps hat wandered over to a table with some of us rookies and sat down.  I braced myself for the typical Marine “You boots (new guys) couldn’t hack it in the old Corps,” brand of bullshit.

He said, “I really respect you new guys.  The job’s not what it was when I started.  If I had to start now, I wouldn’t do it,” got up, and walked away.

The job’s not what it was when I started 22 years ago.  Knowing what I know now, I would not start a police career now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cop was charged criminally.
There's another thread bitching about NYPD watching a fight.
I don't know how this era of cops get through the day.
I graduated from the academy 22 years ago.  One of my classmates had a party.  Her dad was a near retirement homicide detective and had been on our full time swat team.  One of his buddies from swat who was wearing a Marine Corps hat wandered over to a table with some of us rookies and sat down.  I braced myself for the typical Marine “You boots (new guys) couldn’t hack it in the old Corps,” brand of bullshit.

He said, “I really respect you new guys.  The job’s not what it was when I started.  If I had to start now, I wouldn’t do it,” got up, and walked away.

The job’s not what it was when I started 22 years ago.  Knowing what I know now, I would not start a police career now.
Neither would I. Today's cop has it harder than any other time in American history.  Look at some of the comments in GD, on an obstensibly conservative gun board.  General society is even worse.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Slept him. Cop will probably be fired. Admin doesn’t like when you defend yourself against handcuffed assholes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If a cop can stop, detain, harass or otherwise come after me for calling him a name, which some here would be fine with, does the cop get reprimanded, fined or otherwise in trouble for calling me the same names during interactions?

Guy is handcuffed and not a threat.  What if the cop accidentally killed the guy?  Would it be a good kill and we’ll deserved?
View Quote
Go out looking for a cop to spit on you so you can knock him out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another angle from cctv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUHAMC-04c4
View Quote

I wouldn’t expect that type of knee flexibility and height of strike when I look at that officer. Inky doesn’t realize the cop had 125 pounds on him too.

I would have a hard time not losing my shit if I were an officer. I respect the hell out of those guys for maintaining their cool day in and day out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not true.  Throw on additional charges, assault, resisting whatever.  Knock him out and risk serious damage to a detainee?  Seems like a bad choice for the officer.

Officers gets poked by a needle going through pockets.  Is the officers free to punch that person in the face and beat ten to the ground?

Only in GD are people called kids that should have been spanked as children, while saying officers are not required to act professional and thicker skinned.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No what he should have said was “sir please stop spitting on me”.  Or “stop assaulting me”.

But you have to admit, “whose the bitch now?” Sounds so much cooler
View Quote
He didn't need to say anything. Dude was knocked out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Your comment (here).............................the point and actual question I posed...........................(way over here).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your original post (which you conveniently lef out of the quote) is about name calling.    This isn’t about name calling.  This is about spitting in someone’s face.   Apples and oranges.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Part of me thinks "LE should be able to contain their emotions and not let shit talking and being spit on force them to lose their cool like that. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen."

Then the other part of me thinks "A man can only take so much and punks like that deserve an ass kicking."

So I will file this under "I don't condone it, but I do understand it."
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Go out looking for a cop to spit on you so you can knock him out.
View Quote
Lol

Why would anyone do that?  If I taunted a cop, and he spit on me, wouldn’t I be better off video taping it and getting paid since he assaulted me?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your original post (which you conveniently lef out of the quote) is about name calling.    This isn’t about name calling.  This is about spitting in someone’s face.   Apples and oranges.
View Quote
Still avoiding my question.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
spitter got what he deserved.  No sympathy here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Another angle from cctv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUHAMC-04c4
View Quote
Cot damn. He Muay Thai'd the fuck out of him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not true.  Throw on additional charges, assault, resisting whatever.  Knock him out and risk serious damage to a detainee?  Seems like a bad choice for the officer.

Officers gets poked by a needle going through pockets.  Is the officers free to punch that person in the face and beat ten to the ground?

Only in GD are people called kids that should have been spanked as children, while saying officers are not required to act professional and thicker skinned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, making up imaginary scenarios of “ what if’s”

This isn’t about a scenario in your head of a cop getting poked by a needle.

Shitbird spit in cops face, shitbirds bad behavior was stopped.   That’s it.   That’s what happened.   That’s the scenario
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Part of me thinks "LE should be able to contain their emotions and not let shit talking and being spit on force them to lose their cool like that. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen."

Then the other part of me thinks "A man can only take so much and punks like that deserve an ass kicking."

View Quote
Oh I understand.  I’d be pissed as hell of someone spit in my face.  It would take everything in me not to punch them in the face.  However, guy is cuffed, and not a threat. I’d also be sick a tired of being cursed and disrespected by the scum of the earth on a regular basis.  It would be irritating as hell.  Cops have a difficult thankless job at times.

Doesn’t change the fact that the cop still punched a detainee and gloated about it.  It doesn’t change the fact the cop could have killed him.  I don’t think the cop should lose his job unless this is repeated behavior.  This cops needs thicker skin or, in my option, shouldn’t be a cop.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Still avoiding my question.
View Quote
Quoted:

Yes.   You are free to knock him out.

There, I answered your “but what if” question.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I always thought I respected the police until I did a ride along with my ex brother in law who is a South Carolina State Trooper.

My respect for law enforcement skyrocketed after that ride. I admit that I was scared shitless at certain times throughout the night. Dangerous job with pay so low that states should be embarrassed of themselves.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Again, making up imaginary scenarios of “ what if’s”

This isn’t about a scenario in your head of a cop getting poked by a needle.

Shitbird spit in cops face, shitbirds bad behavior was stopped.   That’s it.   That’s what happened.   That’s the scenario
View Quote
“Shitbird”cop, spits on a suspect during an interrogation.  What happens to shitbird cop?  I know the GD answer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.   You are free to knock him out.

There, I answered your “but what if” question.
View Quote
Wrong. I would be charged for assault. I mean ....lol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Guy is handcuffed and not a threat.  What if the cop accidentally killed the guy?  Would it be a good kill and we’ll deserved?  
View Quote
Sure, if you are doing your job as a brain surgeon or rocket scientist, and a cop walks up to you and spits in your face, go ahead and knock him out.  Make sure you post a link to all the news articles.

*sigh*. Cops can’t detain you for calling them names.  Go ahead and quote the posters who said they can.

If someone calls me a name, that’s part of the job.  If I call someone that same name, I can get in trouble, starting with a letter of counseling, progressing through losing vacation time, unpaid suspension (with loss of seniority) and although this hasn’t happened on my department yet, if it’s an ongoing problem, an officer could be fired.

See the problem?  You don’t actually know the answer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#30]
no wonder America s where it's at with some of the moronic views here.  Spitting is simple assault, police are trained to deal with harassing and verbal detainees and this flies in the face of every training I  know for LE.  Cop is wrong, NO QUESTION and that precinct will pay and that cop will get suspended

thinking this is ok is no different than having a thug force akin to despotic regimes.  Think otherwise and you too are the problem.  Some of you really are either low class, no proper upbringing, or just degenerate losers who need to act tough.  Cop is dead wrong here

also, what diseases do you think are spread through spitting?  Mono and what else?????  it's like the board is full of retards of late
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I always thought I respected the police until I did a ride along with my ex brother in law who is a South Carolina State Trooper.

My respect for law enforcement skyrocketed after that ride. I admit that I was scared shitless at certain times throughout the night. Dangerous job with pay so low that states should be embarrassed of themselves.
View Quote
I used to work at a county jail in SC, so we dealt with SC state troopers quite a bit. Every single one of them I've met were great guys.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sure, if you are doing your job as a brain surgeon or rocket scientist, and a cop walks up to you and spits in your face, go ahead and knock him out.  Make sure you post a link to all the news articles.

*sigh*. Cops can’t detain you for calling them names.  Go ahead and quote the posters who said they can.

If someone calls me a name, that’s part of the job.  If I call someone that same name, I can get in trouble, starting with a letter of counseling, progressing through losing vacation time, unpaid suspension (with loss of seniority) and although this hasn’t happened on my department yet, if it’s an ongoing problem, an officer could be fired.

See the problem?  You don’t actually know the answer.
View Quote
I would hope what your saying is true.  I’m pointing out that many times that is not true, and people here are ok with it and think cops don’t have some pretty difficult things to deal with.......and avoid losing their shit over.

I do know what the answer SHOULD be.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh I understand.  I’d be pissed as hell of someone spit in my face.  It would take everything in me not to punch them in the face.  However, guy is cuffed, and not a threat. I’d also be sick a tired of being cursed and disrespected by the scum of the earth on a regular basis.  It would be irritating as hell.  Cops have a difficult thankless job at times.

Doesn’t change the fact that the cop still punched a detainee and gloated about it.  It doesn’t change the fact the cop could have killed him.  I don’t think the cop should lose his job unless this is repeated behavior.  This cops needs thicker skin or, in my option, shouldn’t be a cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thick skin means taking verbal abuse from people.   It has nothing to do with assaulting someone by spitting in your face.   The line was crossed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lol

Why would anyone do that?  If I taunted a cop, and he spit on me, wouldn’t I be better off video taping it and getting paid since he assaulted me?
View Quote
That went right over your head.  None of us are surprised.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thick skin means taking verbal abuse from people.   It has nothing to do with assaulting someone by spitting in your face.   The line was crossed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

funny, training and recent legal proceedings would disagree with your view.

you are correct on one thing, a line was crossed when the cop assaulted the defenseless
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Suspect have AIDS,Hepatitis,Ebola?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because hes a cop and denver is now a liberal shithole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why was he charged in the first place
Because hes a cop and denver is now a liberal shithole.
This.  And, sadly, striking a cuffed perp is a no no.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
He at least had Hep C, given the tattoos.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
none of those have ever been contracted (that we know of) by spitting.  Even kissing a HIV person the risk of contracting is ridiculously low
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I used to work at a county jail in SC, so we dealt with SC state troopers quite a bit. Every single one of them I've met were great guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

99.999% are. I met one once who was a disgrace to the Agency though. Absolutely sickening. It wasn’t what he did. It was what he DIDN’T do when he should have.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
none of those have ever been contracted (that we know of) by spitting.  Even kissing a HIV person the risk of contracting is ridiculously low
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Devil's Advocate hypothetical: Suspect knows he has a disease, so he bites his tongue or cheek to get some blood mixed in with the saliva before spitting in the officer's eyes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
There have been instances of diseased people chewing the inside of their cheek in order to draw blood, which they can then spit.  Among some inmate populations, that’s actually a trained technique.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
99.999% are. I met one once who was a disgrace to the Agency though. Absolutely sickening. It wasn’t what he did. It was what he DIDN’T do when he should have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt. There's always a few shitheads.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That went right over your head.  None of us are surprised.
View Quote
No. None of you here who think it’s ok to knock someone out cuffed to a chair have skills of reasoning.  I hope you’re not cops.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This. You're in handcuffs. If you continue to verbally or physically resist, well guess what...some cop is going to fucking beat you.
View Quote
I got a problem with this, there is no such thing as verbally resisting, sticks and stones and such, guy can talk all the shit he wants to but it can be used in a court against him, he could tell that cop he just fucked his whore wife and mother, when the cop lays a finger on the dude for that, its wrong.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There have been instances of diseased people chewing the inside of their cheek in order to draw blood, which they can then spit.  Among some inmate populations, that’s actually a trained technique.
View Quote
And that, would be assault.  It would deserve additional charges and or additional time in jail.  I’d be ok with spit muzzles....hrmmm do they make those?!
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Personal victory! Expensive yes but , none the less very satisfying for the officer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No, none of you have skills reasoning who think it’s ok to knock someone out who is cuffed to a chair.
View Quote
Go ahead and quote the post I said the officer’s actions were okay.

As long as you’re here, drop your wisdom on how I can prevent someone from spitting, and how I should deal with them after they do spit, and probably will again.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And that, would be assault.  It would deserve additional charges and or additional time in jail.  I’d be ok with spit muzzles....hrmmm do they make those?!
View Quote
There are spit hoods.  They aren’t always available.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top