Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Act like trash, get treated like trash.  No problem here.

For the record, I am perfectly OK with EVERYONE being treated how they treat others...including cops.  When they go off the reservation, they should be treated the same as anyone else too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't fucking care

Good punch
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are spit hoods.  They aren’t always available.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that, would be assault.  It would deserve additional charges and or additional time in jail.  I’d be ok with spit muzzles....hrmmm do they make those?!
The perps shirt can be used as a makeshift one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And that, would be assault.  It would deserve additional charges and or additional time in jail.  I’d be ok with spit muzzles....hrmmm do they make those?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been instances of diseased people chewing the inside of their cheek in order to draw blood, which they can then spit.  Among some inmate populations, that’s actually a trained technique.
Ok I think I understand now

Shitbird spits in cops face = OK (because thick skin)

Shitbird spits in cops face with blood in his mouth= not OK

Got it

H
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they aren’t put on until AFTER shitbird starts spitting (too late)
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
We’ve done that.  Sometimes the criminal doesn’t have a shirt.  Putting a spit hood (either purpose made or expedient) on a criminal exposes the officer to more spit until the mask is actually in place, too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Act like trash, get treated like trash.  No problem here.

For the record, I am perfectly OK with EVERYONE being treated how they treat others...including cops.  When they go off the reservation, they should be treated the same as anyone else too.
View Quote
I agree with this.

No idea why anyone is defending that pile of shit...maybe they see a little of themselves in him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We’ve done that.  Sometimes the criminal doesn’t have a shirt.  Putting a spit hood (either purpose made or expedient) on a criminal exposes the officer to more spit until the mask is actually in place, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shirt + still spitting = Foxlabs for the win.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in a pinch, wouldn't a plastic WalMart shopping bag suffice?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don’t see the problem. Bodily fluids spread disease.
View Quote
Yep, I thought that spitting on someone was assault in it's self and you have the right to defend yourself against it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep, I thought that spitting on someone was assault in it's self and you have the right to defend yourself against it.
View Quote
Agree.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
funny, training and recent legal proceedings would disagree with your view.

you are correct on one thing, a line was crossed when the cop assaulted the defenseless
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Part of me thinks "LE should be able to contain their emotions and not let shit talking and being spit on force them to lose their cool like that. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen."

Then the other part of me thinks "A man can only take so much and punks like that deserve an ass kicking."

So I will file this under "I don't condone it, but I do understand it."
Oh I understand.  I’d be pissed as hell of someone spit in my face.  It would take everything in me not to punch them in the face.  However, guy is cuffed, and not a threat. I’d also be sick a tired of being cursed and disrespected by the scum of the earth on a regular basis.  It would be irritating as hell.  Cops have a difficult thankless job at times.

Doesn’t change the fact that the cop still punched a detainee and gloated about it.  It doesn’t change the fact the cop could have killed him.  I don’t think the cop should lose his job unless this is repeated behavior.  This cops needs thicker skin or, in my option, shouldn’t be a cop.
Thick skin means taking verbal abuse from people.   It has nothing to do with assaulting someone by spitting in your face.   The line was crossed.
funny, training and recent legal proceedings would disagree with your view.

you are correct on one thing, a line was crossed when the cop assaulted the defenseless
"The cop assaulted the defenseless."  That insane thought, for you active duty cops, is shared by a large number of society. They sit on juries. Don't do a fucking thing out there you don't have to do.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
He threw that flying knee like fucking Saget from Street Fighter II!

I’m sure the dirtbag is already felonious. He’s way too comfortable in cuffs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Everyone has a limit, many can take the shit talking, but spit on someone, I ain't saying it's right, but I understand.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#16]
As always, this thread sure slowed down when I asked the complainers for practical solutions.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Should he have handled it the way it would have been handled in the 1950s?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"detained a suspect, identified in court papers as Kevin Watson, involved in an assault inside the bar."

Take a report and refer the "victim" to the magistrate to seek a warrant.
View Quote
Unless the guys still inside the bar showing his ass. Which seems to be the case here.
What do you do then?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As always, this thread sure slowed down when I asked the complainers for practical solutions.
View Quote
Well since apparently spit is so dangerous, I find it odd that people here would want to make physical contact and risk the exchange of bodily fluid.

Taser?  Well I guess there is some risk there, but after you warn them a few times I’d be ok with that.

Pepper spray?  I’d be ok with that too, but are tears a health risk to the police officers?

Is a cold bucket of water too cruel?  I’d be ok with that too, but I doubt policy would be.

Hazmat suits?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Spitting on someone is one of the most vile things you can do. Cops are people too..... someone spits on me, it won't be as kind as what that cop did to that neck/face tatted pos.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well since apparently spit is so dangerous, I find it odd that people here would want to make physical contact and risk the exchange of bodily fluid.

Taser?  Well I guess there is some risk there, but after you warn them a few times I’d be ok with that.

Pepper spray?  I’d be ok with that too, but are tears a health risk to the police officers?

Is a cold bucket of water too cruel?  I’d be ok with that too, but I doubt policy would be.

Hazmat suits?
View Quote
As expected, no practical solutions, but smart ass comments after your complaints.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And duct tape.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#23]
It seems to me, striking a handcuffed suspect is usually grounds for career deceleration, or charges.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#24]
The cop held off for a long time. That was a lot of crap talking by sleepy boy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I enjoyed the ending
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Dude got exactly what he deserved, and it's bullshit that the cop was charged with anything.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Commits battery on a cop, cops humanity reacts....ive seen worse happen to fools that spit on officers
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#29]
inky loud mouth needed an ass kicking.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’m curious who will scream louder, the boot lickers or the cop haters. I’m going to get popcorn...
View Quote
i think the cops here on gd probably classify me as a cop hater, im pretty critical of them a lot.
but i have no problem with this one.  he could have even ended up on the floor, id still allow it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You can't sock handcuffed prisoners? A cop  around here socked some guy who was shit talking him during booking. There are cameras everywhere. The other cops cuffed him and charged him. It ain't 1975
View Quote
so we have "progressed" since '75?

its OK to spit on people now?

I'll bet dollars to doughnut holes that this isn't the first time the cuffed idiot has interacted with the law.

If he is willing to spit on a cop and you give him a pass for that it should be OK for him to spit on your wife, your daughter or your old crippled mother?

What do want? a civil society or one where bad behavior is tolerated and allowed thus encouraged?

Time to realize that there is a place and time for "corrective" measures for bad behavior.

This guy is past the point that times outs should be used.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It seems to me, striking a handcuffed suspect is usually grounds for career deceleration, or charges.
View Quote
Striking out of anger?  absolutely.  But there are scenarios where force may be used against a cuffed suspect.  "Force" also, does not have to be a strike.  Like I said on page 2, There may have been better types of force to use in this instance.  It would depend on the state law, dept. policy, the training the officer has received, etc.  BUT NOT PUBLIC OPINION.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Dude got battered, it's not the officers fault the perp was handcuffed already.

10/10 good use of force.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Good knee!

Guy needs to think about consequences before he acts.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#35]
I am kind of middle of the road when it comes to cops. Basically  for me when you are right you are right and when you are wrong well you are wrong.  I stand with you when you are right and I stand by you when you are wrong. Cop are human, just like electricians, plumbers etc.  we make mistakes.

My biggest problem with Cops comes when they forget who they are, that it is not us against them.

The problem comes in with the LAW.  The law only knows the law.  The law does not understand right and wrong.

That hit may be against the law but it was Right.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#36]
On a personal level I can give two shits that this punk got knocked out after spitting.  Spitting spreads infectious disease, and honestly is the one thing people can do that makes me see red, especially if they are spitting blood.

With that said, the professional me knows that this kind of thing can't happen.  Dude spit on you.  Walking up to a cuffed suspect in handcuffs and destroying him is unacceptable.  Rip him out of that chair and put him on his stomach until someone can retrieve a spit mask, and a rip-hobble.  Hobble him, mask him, then start adding charges to your arrest affidavit.  If the spit got in your eye, mouth or open wound, do whatever your department policy says to do, most likely having a nurse come out to do a blood draw from you to make sure you're good.  It sucks, and it's infuriating, but these guys should have done better.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You can hook him for disorderly conduct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"detained a suspect, identified in court papers as Kevin Watson, involved in an assault inside the bar."

Take a report and refer the "victim" to the magistrate to seek a warrant.
Unless the guys still inside the bar showing his ass. Which seems to be the case here.
What do you do then?
You can hook him for disorderly conduct.
In that case it's a custodial arrest anyway and you can put the assault as an add on charge.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
i think the cops here on gd probably classify me as a cop hater, im pretty critical of them a lot.
but i have no problem with this one.  he could have even ended up on the floor, id still allow it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m curious who will scream louder, the boot lickers or the cop haters. I’m going to get popcorn...
I've stated before, and I'll state it again-not all criticism of police is cop hate. Cops are government, and a healthy society monitors government.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Im ok with him knocking out the shitbag.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That dude is the very definition of shitbird.

Cops have a lot more restraint than they used to have. When I was young, no one said shit to cops except "yes sir" and "no sir." Because if you were a dick, there was a high probability you would get your ass kicked. And if you still lived at home, your dad might kick your ass even worse.

So the rule of thumb was keep your cock holster closed.
View Quote
Lol GD is so weird and hypocritical.

Screams all day about a tyrannical gov, then begs to go back to the days where government agents could beat the ever living shit out of you if you disrespect their ultimate state sponsored authority or said something to them other than yes and no sir.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Screams all day about a tyrannical gov, then begs to go back to the days where government agents could beat the ever living shit out of you if you disrespect their ultimate state sponsored authority or said something to them other than yes and no sir.  
View Quote
yeah GD is weird allright, but its retarded to say hypocritical - its a very rare thing that GD is in agreement on something, so could never even be in a position to be or not be hypocritical.
so in your world, spitting or not spitting carries the same weight as  as using or not using "sir" in replies?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've stated before, and I'll state it again-not all criticism of police is cop hate. Cops are government, and a healthy society monitors government.
View Quote
How come the cop didn't just tie a cloth around his mouth...…...illegal to do that?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I completely understand the cops position.

He should never be a cop again.

Txl
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#45]
If you spit on somebody, expect to get knocked the fuck out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

yeah GD is weird allright, but its retarded to say hypocritical - its a very rare thing that GD is in agreement on something, so could never even be in a position to be or not be hypocritical.
so in your world, spitting or not spitting carries the same weight as  as using or not using "sir" in replies?
View Quote
There are a lot of hypocrites in GD.  They often show up in cop threads.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You conveniently left out the direct quote I was replying to.

Here is is again for you "Cops have a lot more restraint than they used to have. When I was young, no one said shit to cops except "yes sir" and "no sir." Because if you were a dick, there was a high probability you would get your ass kicked. And if you still lived at home, your dad might kick your ass even worse.

So the rule of thumb was keep your cock holster closed."
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Dude got exactly what he deserved, and it's bullshit that the cop was charged with anything.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Dumbass got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I ain't saying it's alright, I'm just saying, I understand.
View Quote
This
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top