Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what the CIA thinks about this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm eagerly awaiting some investigation leaks to start dripping over the next few months.  I don't expect it to change anything but it will help to restore som credibility to the FBI. (Sad when you think they need to leak investigation info to regain credibility).
View Quote

I think his statement was made in a way that leaks dont matter.

75% of his statement was "she basically broke the law".  The last 25% was "No reasonable prosecutor would charge her"

By giving the preamble he did, what more can we learn from leaks.

This statement was crafted with purpose

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably whatever they are told to think about it
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
For people not familiar with how the USG thinks about classification, you can say, hm... so?

Here's why many are foaming at the mouth on this.

At all levels of employment, all levels, everyone that may be exposed to classified information has to have certain training. This training spells out in nauseating fashion, how to mark a document, LINE BY LINE, to denote the level of classification. For instance, one sentence in a 400 page document may contain classified information.

This is like a virus. Now, the ENTIRE document is considered classified. Every page in it has to be marked, top and bottom, and in some cases, by paragraph. It must be covered with a protective sheet. It cannot be left laying about, even for a minute. Positive control of classified materials is beat into your head from day one.

And, not just of documents. Images, files, even the names of the documents, images and files can be considered classified, and not releasable to the public.

They have roving patrols of people just looking to see if you failed to lock your containers or left your computer unlocked while you go pee. It. Is. That. Serious.

Classified information in motion, or at rest is also tightly controlled. They are stored in special containers, in secured rooms, oftentimes with armed security and / or alarm systems. Classified data can only be processed on accredited systems that typically are separate from unclassified systems. Sometimes, literally they must be separated by a certain distance, and the classified computer or fax or phone has to have all its ports disabled. Never, ever, ever, ever should classified information be transmitted over unsecure systems (there is a limited excuse for mailing it, but over a certain grade of classification, even that is not possible). There is a whole classified internet, separate from the regular one, because they take it exceptionally seriously.

People get their clearances revoked (taken away) on a regular basis for what others may perceive as a minor issue. This is because classification of information is graded by the amount of damage it might cause the United States if revealed to an adversary.

Classification is almost like a religion in the US Government. It. Is. A. HUGE. Thing. Makes and breaks careers. No clearance, no access, no job. Period.

There is a former CIA director (John Deutch) that was almost found guilty of having classified information unsecured at his home. (President Clinton pardoned him).

Another former CIA director *was* found guilty (GEN Petraeus)... got 2 years probation and a $100K fine.

Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling got 42 months.

A Navy kid just got hammered for taking pictures inside a secured area on a submarine.

It goes on and on.

Then comes along a person who stores and processes really, really classified data (Top Secret / SAP) on a machine. In her home. Open to the world wide web. And on her unsecure cell phone. In countries with advanced spying systems.

But, she's ok.

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(b) For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).
(c) In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(a) Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation, goes upon, enters, flies over, or otherwise obtains information concerning any vessel, aircraft, work of defense, navy yard, naval station, submarine base, fueling station, fort, battery, torpedo station, dockyard, canal, railroad, arsenal, camp, factory, mine, telegraph, telephone, wireless, or signal station, building, office, research laboratory or station or other place connected with the national defense owned or constructed, or in progress of construction by the United States or under the control of the United States, or of any of its officers, departments, or agencies, or within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States, or any place in which any vessel, aircraft, arms, munitions, or other materials or instruments for use in time of war are being made, prepared, repaired, stored, or are the subject of research or development, under any contract or agreement with the United States, or any department or agency thereof, or with any person on behalf of the United States, or otherwise on behalf of the United States, or any prohibited place so designated by the President by proclamation in time of war or in case of national emergency in which anything for the use of the Army, Navy, or Air Force is being prepared or constructed or stored, information as to which prohibited place the President has determined would be prejudicial to the national defense; or
(b) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, and with like intent or reason to believe, copies, takes, makes, or obtains, or attempts to copy, take, make, or obtain, any sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, document, writing, or note of anything connected with the national defense; or
(c) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, receives or obtains or agrees or attempts to receive or obtain from any person, or from any source whatever, any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note, of anything connected with the national defense, knowing or having reason to believe, at the time he receives or obtains, or agrees or attempts to receive or obtain it, that it has been or will be obtained, taken, made, or disposed of by any person contrary to the provisions of this chapter; or
(d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
(g) If two or more persons conspire to violate any of the foregoing provisions of this section, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be subject to the punishment provided for the offense which is the object of such conspiracy.
(h)
(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall forfeit to the United States, irrespective of any provision of State law, any property constituting, or derived from, any proceeds the person obtained, directly or indirectly, from any foreign government, or any faction or party or military or naval force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States, as the result of such violation. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “State” includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.
(2) The court, in imposing sentence on a defendant for a conviction of a violation of this section, shall order that the defendant forfeit to the United States all property described in paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(3) The provisions of subsections (b), (c), and (e) through (p) of section 413 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 853(b), (c), and (e)–(p)) shall apply to—
(A) property subject to forfeiture under this subsection;
(B) any seizure or disposition of such property; and
(C) any administrative or judicial proceeding in relation to such property,
if not inconsistent with this subsection.
(4) Notwithstanding section 524(c) of title 28, there shall be deposited in the Crime Victims Fund in the Treasury all amounts from the forfeiture of property under this subsection remaining after the payment of expenses for forfeiture and sale authorized by law.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every agency in our gov is corrupt, keep "just doing your job" agents.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm speechless.

I expected Comey to at least try to get a grand jury from the Justice Dept.

Instead of trying, he punted.

Fuck him, FBHO, fuck the FBI, and the rule of law.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully, Putin will release those e-mails he is supposed to have and let us all know what's in them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. They are all neutered.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess Snowden can come home now unless he's thinking that Moscow is less corrupt than Washington. If so, he just may be correct.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I get that vibe as well. I think he was pressured and I think he personally strongly disagrees with the final outcome. I also think he is submitting because he knows there will be no victory or win for him in saying what he truly believes. I suppose that qualifies him as a coward in some respects.

In other respects, if he knows it is rigged at DOJ and above this might be the only play he thinks he has to stay whole and not get labeled as biased in his investigation by the libs. Lay out EVERYTHING for the public to hear, no censor, and let the trump, the RNC and the voters take her down using his "unbiased" facts.

I actually am having a tough one with this, I want to say coward because he didn't call for the prosecution, but he just dumped more "verified" allegations of criminal activity on Hillary than anyone else has in DC. If that info all comes back to bite her in the end and changes the tides of the election, will we all be passing so much judgement on the man? Only time will tell.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm eagerly awaiting some investigation leaks to start dripping over the next few months.  I don't expect it to change anything but it will help to restore som credibility to the FBI. (Sad when you think they need to leak investigation info to regain credibility).
View Quote

I'm sorry but that does nothing to restore anything.   They are simply another corrupted agency.   Any agency that ignores the clear letter of the law only for a certain class of people is utterly corrupted.  Prosecutions of conservative film-makers have taken place on evidence far less than what it available here and over things of far less substance.

They just spit in your face, and told you they don't fucking care what you think.   They even laid out the facts of the case explaining all the ways the law was broken and then, to your face ended by saying.... "and we don't fucking care.  She is not like you".   That wet feeling you feel is them pissing on your head AND TELLING YOU IT'S PISS.    
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope, but I didn't expect them to be so blatant about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol...were you guys ACTUALLY expecting a different outcome?

Nope.

Nope, but I didn't expect them to be so blatant about it.

I expected there would be no indictment.  I did not expect "yeah, she did it, but the law doesn't apply to her because she's special" to be on such open display.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trump had BETTER win this fucking election. If not for the country, to save his own ass.

A President Hillary Clinton will unabashedly, without trying to hide it at all, bring the full weight of the federal government down on Trump for opposing her and make an example out of him.

If she wins, he needs to expatriate before she's sworn in.
View Quote

Not just Trump. She will bring it down on all of us.

Say goodbye to your guns and non-stop harassment from her government goons
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Clinton and everyone associated with her should immediately and permanently lose their security clearances.  Huma Abedin should be the first casualty of Hillary's hubris.  Queen Clinton may not be affected but everyone around her needs to be taken down.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I get that vibe as well. I think he was pressured and I think he personally strongly disagrees with the final outcome. I also think he is submitting because he knows there will be no victory or win for him in saying what he truly believes. I suppose that qualifies him as a coward in some respects.

In other respects, if he knows it is rigged at DOJ and above this might be the only play he thinks he has to stay whole and not get labeled as biased in his investigation by the libs. Lay out EVERYTHING for the public to hear, no censor, and let the trump, the RNC and the voters take her down using his "unbiased" facts.

I actually am having a tough one with this, I want to say coward because he didn't call for the prosecution, but he just dumped more "verified" allegations of criminal activity on Hillary than anyone else has in DC. If that info all comes back to bite her in the end and changes the tides of the election, will we all be passing so much judgement on the man? Only time will tell.

View Quote

It will never be analyzed that deeply.

The only thing that will be remembered is the punchline: no charges.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Clinton and everyone associated with her should immediately and permanently lose their security clearances.  Huma Abedin should be the first casualty of Hillary's hubris.  Queen Clinton may not be affected but everyone around her needs to be taken down.

View Quote

And who would do that?

If not the well-respected director of the FBI, then who?

Obama?  Lynch?  

lol

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#19]
In the court of public opinion Comey will go down as the biggest clown shoes in history.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Lady Liberty lies paralyzed on the train tracks, hearing the horn in the far distance.  She stands there, and the horn gets a little louder, and a little louder, and a little louder.  She know it's a train, and after a while she feel the rumbling.  Finally, the train comes into view.  She prays for a switch - some spark of reason - that will send the train off in a different direction, but knows there is none.  The train bears down on her, and in her last moments alive she sees the maniacal face of the cackling conductor laughing at her, and at us.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if the atmosphere surrounding the FBI's political involvements mirror the atmosphere of the army's political involvements in the waning days of the Roman Empire.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

sort of agree. Fox talking heads saying it sounded defeatist by the wording used and basically saying he knows she is guilty but no way to actually prosecute**
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For people not familiar with how the USG thinks about classification, you can say, hm... so?

At all levels of employment, all levels, everyone that may be exposed to classified information has to have certain training. This training spells out in nauseating fashion, how to mark a document, LINE BY LINE, to denote the level of classification. For instance, one sentence in a 400 page document may contain classified information.

This is like a virus. Now, the ENTIRE document is considered classified. Every page in it has to be marked, top and bottom, and in some cases, by paragraph. It must be covered with a protective sheet. It cannot be left laying about, even for a minute. Positive control of classified materials is beat into your head from day one.

And, not just of documents. Images, files, even the names of the documents, images and files can be considered classified, and not releasable to the public.

They have roving patrols of people just looking to see if you failed to lock your containers or left your computer unlocked while you go pee. It. Is. That. Serious.

Classified information in motion, or at rest is also tightly controlled. They are stored in special containers, in secured rooms, oftentimes with armed security and / or alarm systems. Classified data can only be processed on accredited systems that typically are separate from unclassified systems. Sometimes, literally they must be separated by a certain distance, and the classified computer or fax or phone has to have all its ports disabled. Never, ever, ever, ever should classified information be transmitted over unsecure systems (there is a limited excuse for mailing it, but over a certain grade of classification, even that is not possible). There is a whole classified internet, separate from the regular one, because they take it exceptionally seriously.

People get their clearances revoked (taken away) on a regular basis for what others may perceive as a minor issue. This is because classification of information is graded by the amount of damage it might cause the United States if revealed to an adversary.

Classification is almost like a religion in the US Government. It. Is. A. HUGE. Thing. Makes and breaks careers. No clearance, no access, no job. Period.

There is a former CIA director (John Deutch) that was almost found guilty of having classified information unsecured at his home. (President Clinton pardoned him).

Another former CIA director *was* found guilty (GEN Petraeus)... got 2 years probation and a $100K fine.

A Navy kid just got hammered for taking pictures inside a secured area on a submarine.

It goes on and on.

Then comes along a person who stores and processes really, really classified data (Top Secret / SAP) on a machine. In her home. Open to the world wide web. And on her unsecure cell phone. In countries with advanced spying systems.

But, she's ok.

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(b) For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).
(c) In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

(a) Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation, goes upon, enters, flies over, or otherwise obtains information concerning any vessel, aircraft, work of defense, navy yard, naval station, submarine base, fueling station, fort, battery, torpedo station, dockyard, canal, railroad, arsenal, camp, factory, mine, telegraph, telephone, wireless, or signal station, building, office, research laboratory or station or other place connected with the national defense owned or constructed, or in progress of construction by the United States or under the control of the United States, or of any of its officers, departments, or agencies, or within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States, or any place in which any vessel, aircraft, arms, munitions, or other materials or instruments for use in time of war are being made, prepared, repaired, stored, or are the subject of research or development, under any contract or agreement with the United States, or any department or agency thereof, or with any person on behalf of the United States, or otherwise on behalf of the United States, or any prohibited place so designated by the President by proclamation in time of war or in case of national emergency in which anything for the use of the Army, Navy, or Air Force is being prepared or constructed or stored, information as to which prohibited place the President has determined would be prejudicial to the national defense; or
(b) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, and with like intent or reason to believe, copies, takes, makes, or obtains, or attempts to copy, take, make, or obtain, any sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, document, writing, or note of anything connected with the national defense; or
(c) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, receives or obtains or agrees or attempts to receive or obtain from any person, or from any source whatever, any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note, of anything connected with the national defense, knowing or having reason to believe, at the time he receives or obtains, or agrees or attempts to receive or obtain it, that it has been or will be obtained, taken, made, or disposed of by any person contrary to the provisions of this chapter; or
(d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

(g) If two or more persons conspire to violate any of the foregoing provisions of this section, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be subject to the punishment provided for the offense which is the object of such conspiracy.
(h)
(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall forfeit to the United States, irrespective of any provision of State law, any property constituting, or derived from, any proceeds the person obtained, directly or indirectly, from any foreign government, or any faction or party or military or naval force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States, as the result of such violation. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “State” includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.
(2) The court, in imposing sentence on a defendant for a conviction of a violation of this section, shall order that the defendant forfeit to the United States all property described in paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(3) The provisions of subsections (b), (c), and (e) through (p) of section 413 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 853(b), (c), and (e)–(p)) shall apply to—
(4) Notwithstanding section 524(c) of title 28, there shall be deposited in the Crime Victims Fund in the Treasury all amounts from the forfeiture of property under this subsection remaining after the payment of expenses for forfeiture and sale authorized by law.
View Quote

I just had mine threatened because I didn't do my equip in time. This shit is so fucked.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Something has to give.   I keep telling myself
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In the court of public opinion Comey will go down as the biggest clown shoes in history.
View Quote

Maybe not so much.....History is written by the victors.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And peeps here worry about 922r and other such bullshit.
View Quote

Hmm, not any more.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

So political BS instead of the rule of law?

The USA is fucked, and is now unrecoverable.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
My surprised face.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck him there is no excuse.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Something has to give.   I keep telling myself
View Quote

we are that 'something' unfortunately

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We're living in a banana republic.
View Quote

This is the only way to express it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Everyone say hello to your new president.
View Quote

So sad and angry right now. Helpless is an appropriate description of how many people are feeling. I really hope this pushes more voters over to Trump.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lady Liberty lies paralyzed on the train tracks, hearing the horn in the far distance.  She stands there, and the horn gets a little louder, and a little louder, and a little louder.  She know it's a train, and after a while she feel the rumbling.  Finally, the train comes into view.  She prays for a switch - some spark of reason - that will send the train off in a different direction, but knows there is none.  The train bears down on her, and in her last moments alive she sees the maniacal face of the cackling conductor laughing at her, and at us.

View Quote

And everyone floods the search engines for a live stream.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone still think that Enemies Foreign and Domestic is a work of fiction?

The rule of law died in this country a long time ago.  Today was just the official announcement.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

75% of his statement was "she basically broke the law".  The last 25% was "No reasonable prosecutor would charge her"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet they couldn't make a strong case with everything pleading the 5th.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"Who will watch the watchers themselves?"

Ancient quote from the Roman Poet Juvenal, with profound and timeless implications about political corruption (i.e., who is in charge of keeping the people we appoint to enforce laws from being corrupt themselves?).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Conflict of interest. Needs to be a third party investigation because obviously any agency whose website ends in .gov is going to end up saying exactly what this idiot did. Where is this dude's coothe

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

? English please

"Who will watch the watchers themselves?"

Ancient quote from the Roman Poet Juvenal, with profound and timeless implications about political corruption (i.e., who is in charge of keeping the people we appoint to enforce laws from being corrupt themselves?).

That is why we have the 2A.  It is also why they are hell bent on taking it away from us.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I wonder if the atmosphere surrounding the FBI's political involvements mirror the atmosphere of the army's political involvements in the waning days of the Roman Empire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That on top of the porous borders, the barbarians immigrating through the land and taking what they want, and the fact that the domestic farmers were out-priced by cheap Persian imports.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone still think that Enemies Foreign and Domestic is a work of fiction?

The rule of law died in this country a long time ago.  Today was just the official announcement.
View Quote

I'm going to re-read it today. You know for research and what not.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's the fall guy. Obama has already pardoned her but doesn't wish to admit that publicly. Therefore, Comey is trying to state as loudly as possible, she's guilty but a presidential pardon trumps even the FBI. Obama simply signaled to Comey that a pardon has already been issued for this email server incident. However, Comey can't come right out and admit that as presidential pardons may have been locked away from even FOIA given the national security issues implied in this case.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Should have looked in the mirror and decided that he was going to do the right thing even if it destroyed him.  His entire country depended on him.  He decided that saving face with others was more important.  He took the easy way out.  Even making the reccomendation that she be indicted would have been damaging to her.  It would have chnged the entire momentum of the election and he had enough evidence to back it.

As to the pardon aspect . He should have made Obama pardon her.  Right before the election.  Would have been great.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#42]
His whole statement was about her mishandling of classified information. The whole reason this happened in the first place was because of her deliberate attempt to circumvent open records law. Comey was absolutely silent on this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#43]
The ONLY hope I have now of ANYONE reserving what freedoms they have left is for a secession of states/Balkanization.

And unfortunately I see a slim chance of that happening anytime, soon.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
No one cares.  We are the 1% (if that) who do.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#45]

That might beat "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Lol...were you guys ACTUALLY expecting a different outcome?
View Quote

No. I said I'd be shocked if she was subject to the law, and it turned out that way.

I admit I didn't think Comey would lampshade it so blatantly. Swear fealty indeed! It really looks like that's what he's done.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

The outcome of the recommendation isn't his concern.  The outcome of his fact-finding investigation is, and the first half of his speech made it VERY clear what it found.

A lot of folks, in mil and some other govt sectors, take oaths.  Many never get the chance to really decide to do the right thing by it, at potential great personal cost.  He got that chance, and choose poorly.  His thoughts/statements about pressure or expectations be damned- personal courage CAN happen outside the battlefield in the face of choosing to do what is right versus an easier wrong.  His own words made it absolutely clear they found wrong-doing, but are choosing to ignore it- actions that will hurt the country and the FBI, both, to a very great extent.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I take it there was no mention of the seemingly less significant, but more clearly viable path of prosecution for conspiracy to violate the Freedom of Information Act - an act which requires the government to retain records and provide them to the public upon request.  By setting up the server and keeping her records out of the hands of her department, Clinton and her aides knowingly circumvented the ability of her department to comply with FOIA.  I say knowingly because Clinton could not have not known about FOIA; it is ubiquitous, and was expanded to cover electronic communications under her husband's presidency.  The purpose of the law is to keep government transparent and accountable.  The only reason she could possibly have had for setting up the server was to make herself opaque and unaccountable.  

They went for the sexier, yet harder to prove case of knowing and willful mishandling of classified information.  Remember when the FBI put Capone away for tax evasion, rather than some uglier charge?  They wanted to get him any way they could and they could prove the tax evasion.  If you don't want to actually get someone, say you're investigating for the harder to prove charge and then come up short on proof.  You get to look like you're trying when you're not.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#49]
... Grrrrr, I could just spit nails
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It goes on and on.

But, she's ok.

(c) In this section, the term "classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

(h)

(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall forfeit to the United States, irrespective of any provision of State law, any property constituting, or derived from, any proceeds the person obtained, directly or indirectly, from any foreign government, or any faction or party or military or naval force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States, as the result of such violation. For the purposes of this subsection, the term "State” includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.

View Quote
Good post.  I agree with all of this.

Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top